Sanya Backpackers

3rd May 2017

Wonderful spot to stay!

• Canada, Female, 41+
30th Apr 2017

Great location only minutes from the beach. Staff is helpful and accommodating to special needs. I had some leftovers from dinner which they kindly let me reheat on their stove. A broader menu for non-alcoholic drinks and food would be nice. Place has good entertainment in the cafe downstairs but doesn't play until really late hours so getting a good night's rest was easy. This is a no frills hostel which gives value for the money you spend.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
25th Apr 2017
7.7

Our stay at the Sanya Backpackers was an overall good experience. The location was very close to the beach, bus stop and everything else you need. Our room was clean, big and very good furnished. I already stayed in various Chinese hostels so I can say the bed was dreamlike - very comfortable, cozy and soft (mostly beds are very hard). For some people the bathroom may be strange as shower and toilet are not really separated (we also had problems with the sink and it's smell). Staff was the best!

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
24th Apr 2017

My stay at the sane backpackers hostel was great. I loved the atmosphere and feeling you get while stepping into the hostel. I made so many new friends and had such a great time there! I got a single room with a double bed which I was very happy about especially since I had a private bathroom and shower while the ppl in the dorms had to share. Every evening there was a man playing the guitar and singing, that was great. The beach nearby was also good but quite crowded.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
23rd Apr 2017

Great place to stay! Met heaps of friendly travelers, the little bar was good fun, and the guitar player added a nice touch. Just a short walk to the beach, and the staff speak good English. Well worth it if traveling to Sanya for a holiday.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
10th Apr 2017

We had a really great time at Sanya Backpackers. I can only recommend to go there and enjoy the helpful English speaking staff. 5 mins walk to the beach and 5 mins to the main bar area including Dolphin Bar and Young Bar.

• Germany, Couple, 18-24
8th Apr 2017

Awesome stuff, best location in whole Sanya: the perfect place for an awesome beach vacation :) -> don't forget the free towel service

2nd Apr 2017

This little hostel is great! The staff is super friendly and helpful, even the ones who don't speak good English they try their best to help you out. The location is a 3min walk to the beach and there is a bus station on the main road where you can catch local buses to all major Sanya attractions. The rooms and facilities are overall clean. They have a small bar area where people like to chill at night before going out, which is nice if you're travelling alone or just looking to make new friends

• Canada, Female, 25-30
23rd Mar 2017

A great place! I highly recommend it! I stayed here as a solo female traveler. The staff was very helpful in helping my plan my day trips and even tried to find me other people to do activities with. There is a western style breakfast that you can buy until noon, which is really great in case you sleep in like me. 5 minute walk to the beach and it's located on the main strip where all the food is. Great place, great people :) Jasmeet from Canada

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
23rd Mar 2017

Sanya Backpacker was awesome. Better than any fancy hotel in the area. If you are from another country I highly recommend staying here. You become so close with many people from all over the world and Summer along with the rest of her staff took EXCELLENT care of us. always checking on us throughout the day and when we would go on trips to the other side of the island she would call us to make sure we were getting back and weren't lost. Easily one of the best vacations I've been on.

Thank you and hope to see your guys again.