Sanya Backpackers Reviews

No. 1 Type 1 Villa Luming Community, Haihua Road Dadonghai, Sanya, China

The hostel was in a great location, it was very clean and good value for the money. The best thing about this hostel was the staff. Chris and his wife Linda were extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgable about the area. I would definitely stay in this hostel again.

• 8th Nov 2014

Great hostel. Definitely the best in Sanya, chose this one! I traveled alone but I was never alone due to other awesome travelors.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Great hostel located 5 mins from Dadonghai beach. Very clean with a "no-shoes" inside policy and daily room cleaning. As per other reviews, Ava and Leon are really friendly and give the place a really good homely vibe. They also provide beach towels which was handy. Would definiately stay here again next time in Sanya.

One of my best hostel experiences for a long time. I could not pick a single fault with it in any way. Rooms cleaned everyday, the most helpful staff I have ever encountered, doors locked at 12pm (you have your own key to get in after this time) for added security. Not to mention being a couple of hundred metres from the ocean. I had a great few days, met a wonderful group of people, and the memories I have will be thought of fondly for a long time.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Loved my stay here. The staff are wonderful, and the place attracts a great collection of people. It's really close to the beach, and great food (Check out Gold Elephant!) It's right next to an adventure sports organization that are awesome too.

Had a great time at Sanya Backpackers ;)! Thanks to Ava, Leon&team for help and support! A perfect place for having a few days of beach holiday. Very nice relaxed atmosphere and almost perfect location, 3 minutes away from the beach and value for money!

hihi, Ii have been so many times in sanya and let me tell u this guys are amazing..... they really care about the clients. help sus in many differents ways i higly recomend to go this place alex

Hostel was in an excellent location; about 4 minutes walk to the beach. There were places to eat around the hostel, and the bus stop was about a 2 minute walk. The hostel was very clean, and the staff was nice. The reception desk closes at midnight so if you are arriving late, you should call/email them and let them know. I arrived after midnight and had emailed them so someone stayed at the desk to let me in my room.

• 16th Aug 2014

Just had an awesome time there with my boyfriend! The hosts are great! Trips with Insight Adventures are a must. Never seen such a clean hostel. And you'll meet so many nice fellow backpackers from all over the world! Absolutely recommended!

Had a great stay at Sanya Backpackers. Very convenient location, short walk to the beach. Really friendly staff, super helpful. Hostel was very clean, rooms cleaned daily. Food and drink in hostel if you don't feel like going out, but plenty of options nearby. The instant coffee at the hostel is no good, but not a big problem, Starbucks is 5 minutes walk.

Great hostel! Very clean, they provide you with towels, good wifi, friendly staff. Sea is 2 minutes walking, DaDongHai Bay got waves so I was surfing 3 days!!! Very fun)

This is an awesome hostel! I really enjoyed my stay here and it was a great location next to a gorgeous beach. My only recommendation for the hostel is that they get a First Aid kit for the place. I hurt my foot quite badly on a rock one night and was a bit surprised they didn't have antiseptic, cotton swabs, bandages. Luckily another boarder had a medical bag. Overall I recommend this place!

Great hostel! Cleanest I have been to. The staff are super chill and I had a wonderful time hanging out there. Also, this guy named jack who pretty much lives there gives awesome snorkeling tours.

Had a great stay! Private room was very clean and spacious. Food options were good and reasonably priced. Bar was awesome after a day in the sun to chill and meet other hostel guests. Most of all, the staff was insanely friendly and helpful, especially Ava who was always there to answer questions and provide info about anything an everything, thank so much for a wonderful stay!!

Ava, Leon and Troy are amazing staff. They are friendly, speak excellent English. They make your stay so much fun. The atmosphere and hosting is like a 5 star hotel. I would stay here again and again. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone going to Sanya. I will definitely be back. Thank you for an amazing time.