Sanya Backpackers Reviews

No. 1 Type 1 Villa Luming Community, Haihua Road Dadonghai, Sanya, China

hihi, Ii have been so many times in sanya and let me tell u this guys are amazing..... they really care about the clients. help sus in many differents ways i higly recomend to go this place alex

Hostel was in an excellent location; about 4 minutes walk to the beach. There were places to eat around the hostel, and the bus stop was about a 2 minute walk. The hostel was very clean, and the staff was nice. The reception desk closes at midnight so if you are arriving late, you should call/email them and let them know. I arrived after midnight and had emailed them so someone stayed at the desk to let me in my room.

• 16th Aug 2014

Just had an awesome time there with my boyfriend! The hosts are great! Trips with Insight Adventures are a must. Never seen such a clean hostel. And you'll meet so many nice fellow backpackers from all over the world! Absolutely recommended!

Had a great stay at Sanya Backpackers. Very convenient location, short walk to the beach. Really friendly staff, super helpful. Hostel was very clean, rooms cleaned daily. Food and drink in hostel if you don't feel like going out, but plenty of options nearby. The instant coffee at the hostel is no good, but not a big problem, Starbucks is 5 minutes walk.

Great hostel! Very clean, they provide you with towels, good wifi, friendly staff. Sea is 2 minutes walking, DaDongHai Bay got waves so I was surfing 3 days!!! Very fun)

This is an awesome hostel! I really enjoyed my stay here and it was a great location next to a gorgeous beach. My only recommendation for the hostel is that they get a First Aid kit for the place. I hurt my foot quite badly on a rock one night and was a bit surprised they didn't have antiseptic, cotton swabs, bandages. Luckily another boarder had a medical bag. Overall I recommend this place!

Great hostel! Cleanest I have been to. The staff are super chill and I had a wonderful time hanging out there. Also, this guy named jack who pretty much lives there gives awesome snorkeling tours.

Had a great stay! Private room was very clean and spacious. Food options were good and reasonably priced. Bar was awesome after a day in the sun to chill and meet other hostel guests. Most of all, the staff was insanely friendly and helpful, especially Ava who was always there to answer questions and provide info about anything an everything, thank so much for a wonderful stay!!

Ava, Leon and Troy are amazing staff. They are friendly, speak excellent English. They make your stay so much fun. The atmosphere and hosting is like a 5 star hotel. I would stay here again and again. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone going to Sanya. I will definitely be back. Thank you for an amazing time.

Sanya Backpackers was a great choice for me! The staff was cheerful, and friendly. They were always willing to help and to chat, so I felt at home and I felt like I had known them a long time. They keep the place immaculate, (very clean) and everything was comfortable. No loud parties all night long. I think they were all at the beach.

• 16th Jun 2014

Very nice hostel in a great location - just a few minutes walk to Dadonghai beach! Very familiar atmosphere - they knew my name from the moment I arrived. Clean, good A/C, fresh towels every day. Couldn't have asked for more. Thanks!

Sanya Backpackers is a great place to stay. Ava and Leo, the owners, are friendly and hung out with us in the bar area one night just drinking beers. They gave us good advice: ignore all the tourist traps and just enjoy the beach. The hostel is squeaky clean because they don't allow shoes inside and have regular cleaning staff. A close enough walk to the beach or bus stop, which can take you to the airport or lovely Yalong Bay. Met some cool people also staying at the hostel, which is a plus.

• 29th May 2014

V ery nice hostel. Close to the beach and with nice extras such as a beach towel you can rent for free. Staff/owners were great, they even took us to karaoke. Very personal, small hostel with a great courtyard and very clean rooms. Would definitely advise to stay here if you go to Sanya.

I definitely recommend this place. I really enjoyed staying there. One of the best hostels I've ever been.

• 8th May 2014
  • Finland

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Great place to meet other travellers and the staff is superb! :)

Me and my friends had a great time at SanyaBackpackers. The Hostel is located 5min from the Beach and you have the opportunity to rent a surfboard. We enjoyed the very friendly Atmosphere with the Staff and relaxed in the evenings having a CubaLibre at the Hostelbar with other foreign people. Having the Chance to visit Sanya again, I choose definetively this Place to stay!- Greets Daniel

• 23rd Apr 2014

Really cool hostel with very friendly staff. I would defiantly recommend the surfing lessons with Chris - try to go with just one other person as you get a lot of attempts to surf. Staff upgraded my room twice and were very helpful when we originally cancelled and then re booked our rooms!! Thanks for the stay. Hope to see you in the future. Alex and Wing x

• 22nd Apr 2014

This was the hostel we most liked at our trip through China because of the really nice people working there! Also the place was amazing, beautiful and very clean. Thank you very much Linda, Chris, Ava, Leon, Troy, and Mimi! :)

Staff are very friendly. The services are good. The location is great. I'm happy to visit again.

Er....difficult to say, cause the host seem to know nothing about sightseeing.

Dear,we warmly welcome you and introduce hostel and interesting places to go in Sanya as well like we always do . how come you say we know nothing about the sightseeing? We are always here to serve you well if you have any problem and talk to us. you never ask us any question or personly talk to others. we introduce other guests to you and they bring you to club. we always try our best to create a warm and friendly environment for all the guests. we belive most guests's opinion make sense.