Sanya Backpackers Reviews

No. 1 Type 1 Villa Luming Community, Haihua Road Dadonghai, Sanya, China

Had a great time here! Very easy to meet people, close to just about anything you could need, and very helpful staff. A little more expensive than similar places nearby but much cleaner (and the beer was cheap!). Wish the bunk beds didn't squeak so much, but that didn't detract from anything.

Linda and chris are very kind and helpful if you need sth. We spend Christmas there and it was really nice. Its 5min to the beach and there are lots of activities available like hiking etc. The bar id also very nice to hang out at and meet ppl. Chris is really kind and you always can have a talk with him. I would def. Come back! Enjoyed the stay

• 20th Dec 2014

I had a great time at Sanya backpackers, the staff was super friendly and the atmosphere was very good. The hostel is really close to Dadong beach, which is nice because it's a much better beach than Sanya beach.

The hostel was in a great location, it was very clean and good value for the money. The best thing about this hostel was the staff. Chris and his wife Linda were extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgable about the area. I would definitely stay in this hostel again.

• 8th Nov 2014

Great hostel. Definitely the best in Sanya, chose this one! I traveled alone but I was never alone due to other awesome travelors.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Great hostel located 5 mins from Dadonghai beach. Very clean with a "no-shoes" inside policy and daily room cleaning. As per other reviews, Ava and Leon are really friendly and give the place a really good homely vibe. They also provide beach towels which was handy. Would definiately stay here again next time in Sanya.

One of my best hostel experiences for a long time. I could not pick a single fault with it in any way. Rooms cleaned everyday, the most helpful staff I have ever encountered, doors locked at 12pm (you have your own key to get in after this time) for added security. Not to mention being a couple of hundred metres from the ocean. I had a great few days, met a wonderful group of people, and the memories I have will be thought of fondly for a long time.

Loved my stay here. The staff are wonderful, and the place attracts a great collection of people. It's really close to the beach, and great food (Check out Gold Elephant!) It's right next to an adventure sports organization that are awesome too.

Had a great time at Sanya Backpackers ;)! Thanks to Ava, Leon&team for help and support! A perfect place for having a few days of beach holiday. Very nice relaxed atmosphere and almost perfect location, 3 minutes away from the beach and value for money!

hihi, Ii have been so many times in sanya and let me tell u this guys are amazing..... they really care about the clients. help sus in many differents ways i higly recomend to go this place alex

Hostel was in an excellent location; about 4 minutes walk to the beach. There were places to eat around the hostel, and the bus stop was about a 2 minute walk. The hostel was very clean, and the staff was nice. The reception desk closes at midnight so if you are arriving late, you should call/email them and let them know. I arrived after midnight and had emailed them so someone stayed at the desk to let me in my room.

• 16th Aug 2014

Just had an awesome time there with my boyfriend! The hosts are great! Trips with Insight Adventures are a must. Never seen such a clean hostel. And you'll meet so many nice fellow backpackers from all over the world! Absolutely recommended!