Sanya Backpackers Reviews

No. 1 Type 1 Villa Luming Community, Haihua Road Dadonghai, Sanya, China

With such a high rating and reading LP we expected an extraordinary hostel. Sad to say, but it wasnt. We stayed in a tiny twin private room, which was two bunkbeds. The tours they offer are for mandarain speakers only. The restaurant was only open when the chef decided to show up. The staff couldnt advice us on where to eat or what to do. The guy running the surf and dive shed was not there any of the days and nor was it possible to get hold of him. Great place to meet fellow backpackers.

Nice&friendly staffs, super recommendable! Nice stay here :) gonna be back soon~

I've been to Sanya backpackers two times and will totally stay again. I had surfing lessons with Nick one day and he was awesome, patient, and flexible. Plus, the main receptionist makes a killer latte.

• 5th Jun 2015

Best hostel in the world ! thanks for this perfect time ! great staff

• 2nd Jun 2015

Really nice staff who provide a lot of Information. Very friendly. The house bar offers cheap drinks and good music. Beach is just a 5 minutes walk away. Bus stop to the most important tourist areas is 10 minutes walking distance.

splendid and unforgettable experience with Sanya Backpackers!!!! convenient location, just 3 mins walking distance to the beach for surfing and various activities. host was perfectly nice and accommodating, and cute too. all staff were friendly and talkative, always willing to provide useful tips for getting around. my first choice when visit Sanya next time!!!

• 13th May 2015
  • China

I can only say it's wonderful, the staff there are really helpful and even pick me up at 2 in the morning!!

Best backpackers I have ever stayed at. Staff go out of there way to help you, amazing location and great party scene. Top draw!

It is a really awesome place for living and making friends. Hope to come back soon!

• 26th Apr 2015
  • China

Thank You for the best time Sanya.

We stayed at Sunshine Hostel as the room we booked at Sanya Backpackers was under renovation. The staff was nice and they guided us to our room in Sunshine Hostel. Sunshine Hostel turned out to be quite nice, beyond expectations actually. The room was very large, with a terrace. Staff didn't speak English, but was still very friendly.

We booked at this hostel because of the rating. And they deserve it! Service is excellent. They were renovating the whole hostel, bit noisy but they warned us and gave adequate service for the trouble: they gave us to a double bed room for the same price of a 6 beds room (initially booked that room)! Clean and calm environment, near Dadonghai beach which is very convenient. The pretty lady helped us a lot. She drew us a beautiful map to a more private beach, xiaodonghai.

I would highly recommend Sanya Backpackers to others. This family run hostel is really well run by Linda and Chris. The level of service and personal touch from Linda and Chris was first class, from the booking confirmation email until leaving and follow up email with photos. I stayed with my wife and young 6 year old son. The hostel location is ideal for the beach. The private family room was large and clean with outdoor balcony. The outdoor bar area is also excellent! Great value for money.

This review is for all 3 weeks of my stay. The hostel itself is fabulous, but the city of Sanya is a mixed bag of experiences. Sanya Backpackers is clean, convenient, comfortable, nearly everything you could ask for in a hostel. Internet connections, however, are a bit temperamental, but that's the case throughout all of China these days. The hostel is sociable but peaceful, in contrast to the hectic and chaotic city. Best of all, nearby fantastic beach and dining options abound.

I am not a typical hostel traveler; however, this trip I traveled alone and I thought it might be a nice way to team up with fellow solo travelers. I enjoyed Sanya Backpackers tremendously. Chris and Linda were helpful and friendly. They went above and beyond to ensure comfort and hospitality while on the island. One night we had a BBQ, and Chris helped us start the grill. The bar has a good selection of international beers. Sanya is a great destination and this hostel is the cherry on top.

• 7th Feb 2015

Such a brilliant hostel. It made my trip!