Sanya Backpackers

Superb 426 Total Reviews
Superb 426 Total Reviews

• Algeria, Male, 18-24
11th Mar 2017

I have had one of the best experiences in this hostel. Great staff and location in one of the main tourist areas in Sanya. Terrific neighborhood for all tourists including families to stroll around day and night in complete safety and clean environment with all sorts of restaurants around. Facilities are adequate including washer and dryer. No need to bring lots of clothes. But Overall, Extremely helpful staff. Shout out to LIANG in particular. Highly recommended

10th Mar 2017

The location was AMAZING! Within 5-minute walk of the beach, mall, and lots of restaurants. Perfect location! Tucked back off the main road, so it was nice and quiet. Bed was really comfortable, and the room was super nice. I had a private room, and it was the same size as a normal hotel room. The bathroom was small, but easily offset by the location. I would HIGHLY recommend this place. They had free beach towels for guests which was an AWESOME perk.

• USA, Female, 18-24
10th Mar 2017

We had a lot of fun at this hostel! The location was great.The staff was English speaking and extremely helpful with everything from getting us directions to reccomending places to eat and things to. Towels, toilet paper, and umbrellas were provided with no cost. There weren't any lockers, but we felt that our stuff was secure enough without them. Our room had a little bit of a smell in it from some random persons clothes hanging up, but other than that it was kept clean and well maintained. :)

1st Feb 2017

It's a nice hostel. I got to experience a dorm and a double room, both were nice. I would avoid using the laundry facilities, somehow my clothes were dirtier coming out of the washing machine (maybe because it took like 2 hours to wash). It took like 3 days for my clothes to dry, in like 25 degrees, they seem to keep moving my clothes too close together and into the shade. There is a half pipe which some staff seem to use often. This can be heard clearly, everywhere, which woke me at 9am usually

20th Jan 2017

This place was great! The evening festivities adds a greater element of fun to the hostel atmosphere. At every turn, the staff is doing their best to make your stay as happy and pleasant as possible. You can walk to the beach, clubs, restaurants, and even up to the top of mountain to get a great view of Sanya within five to ten minutes. I will be back in Sanya, and won't stay anywhere else but here.

15th Jan 2017

Great place. Great staff. The bathrooms and a bit gross... and the mosquitoes in the dorms are not enjoyable. Keep the door closed and windows shut- problem solved. Overall, loved the bar, breakfast, chill atmosphere. Good place to be♡

• USA, Female, 18-24
7th Jan 2017

Wow! My first time staying in a hostel, and I was completely blown away. The location is great (literally 2 minutes from the beach), the rooms are clean and nice, and best of all, they have a lovely little garden terrace with breakfast and a bar. I spent many a night enjoying live music and cocktails. I would also like to add that the staff is wonderful: friendly, welcoming, happy to help. Truly, it was so hard to leave!

• USA, Male, 18-24
30th Dec 2016

Would definitely stay here again. Facilities and rooms were very clean, and the location was great. More importantly, the staff was awesome and incredibly friendly and accommodating. The price per night was well worth my experience. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Sanya.

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
30th Dec 2016

Just returned home after spending 5 days at Sanya Backpackers and the trip couldn't have been any better. The hostel is in a great location close to DaDongHai and are extremely friendly and helpful. We were looking to visit some locations that required a bit of travel to get to and not only did they have information on the wall of all of the popular destinations the staff answered any and all questions we had. I will recommend this hostel to anyone I met and hope to make it back there soon!

• Canada, Male, 25-30
20th Dec 2016

This is the perfect place to stay if you want a friendly, social atmosphere and a great location. The outdoor bar is a great place to hang out and there was live music every night while I was there. It is a 5-minute walk to the beach and still feels quiet and secluded when you want to chill out. One improvement I would suggest would be more showers and toilets.