Sao Paulo Wanderlust Hostel Reviews

Rua Vitorino Carmilo, 51, Sao Paulo, Brazil

I arrived lost in Sao Paulo, it is a huge city, but the staffs helped me a lot giving me maps and orientations! thanks guys I'll be back in my last day in Brazil!

• 9th Oct 2014

I have nothing to complain! this was a great experience, though the place is very simple, Ricardo and his father make you fell just like home, they give to you maps and tips about the city. I arrived one day before my birthday and in the next morning Ricardo had made a birthday cake for me! Grazie a mille ragazzi

• 9th Oct 2014

Overall, my friend and I were really disappointed with this hostel. It seemed to be one bad thing after another, starting, frustratingly, on our very first morning when we came down to find not only no breakfast but no staff which was both confusing and disconcerting. I have a scar from a key that had been jutting out of the bathroom, I lost one of my own keys down one of the gaping holes between the carpet and wall and the staff did not not help matters. Wouldn't recommend this place.

Hi, I'm really sorry for your bad experience here, along your stay we were actually closed as I was abroad doing an hospitality specialization, and as you made your reservation very earlier we had to guarantee it. I'd like to say that the staff doesn't work with us anymore as everyone can check here hospitality is our priority. in the last two weeks we renovated the place, and now it is a more comfortable place to stay, I hope you enjoy the craic on your next trips xD Ricardo!

Friendly, nice service and good information about the city and surrondings, clean, and an familial atmosphere.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Hey, thanks for your review, really nice to know that you've enjoyed your stay with us xD see you Ricardo

For being the cheapest hostel in Sao Paulo, it is probably one of the best in terms of atmosphere. I had a blast hanging out with the staff and the other travelers, and by the end of my stay, I felt like we were like a family. Staff was always there to answer my questions and show me around. The facilities are definitely not the best. Bunk beds are 3 tiered, and the showers are not hot. Only two bathrooms. Breakfast is pretty good, though! Location could be better.

Hey there, Thanks for your review, it was really nice to hang out with you too =) Ah sorry, but we checked the showers and all of them were working, there in a plug over the shower where is possible the make it hotter or colder hehe About the bathrooms, actually we have 4 bathroom to share between 9 people, as all the private rooms here are ensuite, there is one bathroom next to the dorm, one inside the living-room, one nest to the kitchen and one next to the laundry area! See you xD

Interior looks ghetto and like it's almost falling apart: could really use a make-over. Carpet in the room was trashy and dirty.

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear that =( This is a 130 yr old house, but in the last two weeks we renovated some areas to make it better, and we have a project to change the floor very soon =) Ricardo

the value for money was great. Ricardo gave me maps and directions about the city, a very nice breakfast with passion fruit cake, all the staffs are incredibly friendly and helpful, I am very recommend this place to save money and to feel like home

• 26th Jul 2014

Hey, really nice to have you with us, and to know that you had a great time with us =) seeya

I really liked this hostel as the staff are excellent and the family who run it are lovely. It´s small and is a good place to meet people. It is a short walk from a metro station and about a 20 minute walk from downtown Sao Paolo. The breakfast is the usual cakes, coffee, fruit and ham and bread. The property is basic mind and the 9 bed dorm is cramped. Bathrooms are clean but the showers are lukewarm. There´s a kitchen and computer for guest use and a small common room to relax in.

Hey man, thanks for your review, nice to have you around xD Sorry about the shower, in Brazil the showers are electric and you can change the temperature higher =) See you xD

Very cozy place with really nice staffs. The prices are cheaper than any other hostels around sao paulo.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Hey, thanks for your review xD yeah we try to be one of the cheapest hostel in São Paulo xD See you Ricardo!

I didn't like the hostel. Although it was cheap the overall standards of facilities and cleanliness were low. My advice would be to try and stay somewhere else.

Hey tehre, sorry if you didn't have a good experience here! =( See you xD

Had a great stay at Sao Paulo Wanderlust! Especially the staff is suuuuper-friendly, especially when I got sick they helped me a lot... Thanks again from this side also! Can recommend it highly!

• 12th Jun 2014

This was the cheapest hostel we could find in Sao Paulo so there will always be a compromise. The communal areas are small and it is in need of some brightening up such as refreshing some of the decor. Ricardo does an amazing job of providing information on what to do and where to go, really going the extra mile. The location is good being only a few minutes walk from the metro station. Value for money this is an excellent hostel.