Sao Paulo Wanderlust Hostel Reviews

Rua Vitorino Carmilo, 51, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Overall, my friend and I were really disappointed with this hostel. It seemed to be one bad thing after another, starting, frustratingly, on our very first morning when we came down to find not only no breakfast but no staff which was both confusing and disconcerting. I have a scar from a key that had been jutting out of the bathroom, I lost one of my own keys down one of the gaping holes between the carpet and wall and the staff did not not help matters. Wouldn't recommend this place.

Friendly, nice service and good information about the city and surrondings, clean, and an familial atmosphere.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

For being the cheapest hostel in Sao Paulo, it is probably one of the best in terms of atmosphere. I had a blast hanging out with the staff and the other travelers, and by the end of my stay, I felt like we were like a family. Staff was always there to answer my questions and show me around. The facilities are definitely not the best. Bunk beds are 3 tiered, and the showers are not hot. Only two bathrooms. Breakfast is pretty good, though! Location could be better.

Interior looks ghetto and like it's almost falling apart: could really use a make-over. Carpet in the room was trashy and dirty.

the value for money was great. Ricardo gave me maps and directions about the city, a very nice breakfast with passion fruit cake, all the staffs are incredibly friendly and helpful, I am very recommend this place to save money and to feel like home

• 26th Jul 2014

I really liked this hostel as the staff are excellent and the family who run it are lovely. It´s small and is a good place to meet people. It is a short walk from a metro station and about a 20 minute walk from downtown Sao Paolo. The breakfast is the usual cakes, coffee, fruit and ham and bread. The property is basic mind and the 9 bed dorm is cramped. Bathrooms are clean but the showers are lukewarm. There´s a kitchen and computer for guest use and a small common room to relax in.

Very cozy place with really nice staffs. The prices are cheaper than any other hostels around sao paulo.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • South Korea

I didn't like the hostel. Although it was cheap the overall standards of facilities and cleanliness were low. My advice would be to try and stay somewhere else.

Had a great stay at Sao Paulo Wanderlust! Especially the staff is suuuuper-friendly, especially when I got sick they helped me a lot... Thanks again from this side also! Can recommend it highly!

• 12th Jun 2014

This was the cheapest hostel we could find in Sao Paulo so there will always be a compromise. The communal areas are small and it is in need of some brightening up such as refreshing some of the decor. Ricardo does an amazing job of providing information on what to do and where to go, really going the extra mile. The location is good being only a few minutes walk from the metro station. Value for money this is an excellent hostel.

I really enjoyed my stay at Wanderlust, Ricardo and his father were so friendly and helpful. The offer of cake and coffee at whatever time you arrived was great and the breakfast was yummie with a selection of many things. Its very close to the subway and the owner Ricardo gives you maps and details to navigate the city which i found very helpful. I stayed longer than i expected and they were very accommodating.

• 13th Apr 2014

One of the best breakfasts that i've saw in hostles here in Brazil; friendly staff; good location

This hostel is lovely, the owner is so nice and will do anything to help you! Good location, we walked into the centre but the metro is just down the road. They were still doing the hostel up but it already has a lovely atmosphere so it will be brilliant when it's finished! The owner also cooks amazing cakes (try the chicken cake!!) I would definitely recommend staying here!