Sapa Cozy Hotel Reviews

31 Thach Son, Sapa, Lao Cai, Sapa, Vietnam

I was highly disappointed by the experience. Despite the promise of a pick-up at the Lao Cai train station in the booking confirmation, this didn't happen. Instead we had to deal with aggressive and pushy touts, leaving us feeling very harried. We tried calling the hostel but their instructions weren't clear. The staff member said a driver will come with a sign but that didn't happen. We eventually took a public bus up. Room was spacey & cheap but there wasn't hot water. Concierge was unhelpful.

Booked a 4 mix dorm. Two days before arrival the manager informed me that the room is temporarily not available because of a pipe burst.. Offered me a privat room for 20$. I cancelled the reservation and on arrival in Sa Pa went to the hotel to get my prepayment back.

Good location and a nice room. We did have a lot of problems trying to communicate with the staff though. They were trying really hard to be helpful but we struggled to get correct information on buses and we got the feeling they just kept saying 'yes' when they didn't understand...

• 19th Oct 2013