Sapa Hostel Reviews

01 Hoang Lien Street, Sapa, Vietnam

After arriving early and waiting some hours, I was led, without a word of explanation or apology, to an entirely different guesthouse. I booked on the basis of a good rating, a traveller's hostel vibe, and breakfast included. Instead I ended up at some random place with no atmosphere, and no breakfast. I could have found that for half the price. Mistakes can happen, but past reviews suggest this has happened before. If you are genuinely overbooked, I expect an apology and the option of a refund.

We were moved to the hotel next door to the hostel (as hostel had overbooked). Hotel was very clean, hostel was ok (it has seen better days). Morning breakfast in the hostel was ok - hostel is helpful with booking trips and bus tickets.

Stayed for 1 night in double room July 2014. Room was functional but breakfast was basic.

Nice place with a balcony on 1st floor to have breakfast with view on the mountains ! Lots of bugs in the rooms and lots of blackouts (maybe that was a city pb, not the hostel's fault). But overall great place :)

This place was great! Nice location a bit outside of town so it's quieter with beautiful views. Staff were very helpful and friendly, clean and a good breakfast!!

• 17th May 2014

The hotel was nice until I was taking a shower and a huge cockroach came out of nowhere! It is a basic hotel but not very clean.... Looked like the bathroom had not been cleaned in a while... The other thing is that I booked a bus with them and told me they will take me to the bus stop.. They told me it was a reserved seat and they waited until last minute and I ended up in the worst seat, they didn't reserve one for me... I just wish they would have told me that beforehand....

Staff really lovely, friendly and helpful - they helped us out with independent trekking and hiring motorcycles without pushing us to book anything through them. The breakfast was great and we were able to store our bags all day after checking out. For the price, a really good place to stay.

• 9th Apr 2014