Saphaipae Hostel Reviews

35 Surasak Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand

Definitely worth it. Will stay here if ever I'll visit Bangkok again.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

One word to describe Saphaipae Hostel: Superb!!! Surprise for the spaciousness,cleanliness& facilities . Great location, very close to BTS, pier,street food,market,7eleven and Bangkok Fashion Outlet!Very friendly staffs. We like the atmosphere so peaceful.Saphaipae is more than hostel. Highly recommended. Plan to Bangkok next year with my big fam and absolutely Saphaipae Hostel is a must hostel to stay!

Great place , cheap , clean would recommend it

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Awesome place, stayed here twice now. Very clean, big dorms with good aircon. Been travelling for 4 months and is by far one of he best backpackers In SE Asia!

Secured area only accessible by room key cards. Staff were friendly and informative. Breakfast choice was very limited. Cab from airport to hostel was about 400baht max. Trains took too many transfers (train to train to train) (bus to train to train). Facilities were amazing. Very clean for a hostel. Easily best hostel I've stayed at, besides the location.

Superb hostel! I recomended!!

Liked the hostel. It was clean, wifi was fast, toilets were clean..air conditioning worked although a bit noisy...bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper..location near 7-11 and surasak station...not the place if u are looking for party tho

The room was constantly feeling damp. The AC was not drying the air properly. The room was also a bit dark. The locker was not in proper condition, door was hard to open and the handle was broken. The staff was great, location is 5 min from the sky train, so no worries getting there.

• 4th Oct 2014

Dear Ricardo The reason for some rooms being damp is because air-con are left running 24/7 (Dorm with 8 to 10 people are the most common). We can not force our guests to turn off the air-con, however, we now have new house rule for switching the air-con off from 12:00pm - 14:00pm during cleaning hours. We expect this to dramatically fix the dampness :) Stiff lockers are now being lubricated and fixed. We hope to be able to show you our improvements in the future :)

This is the second time I've stayed at this hostel; when my friend wanted to go to Bangkok I didn't hesitate to go back. it was comfortable and only a few minutes walk from the BTS, making it a good base for the city. The only downside was the quality of the breakfast - but it was edible and for the price I can't really complain.

Recommended hostel in Bangkok. I definitely will be back! It seems like a 5 stars hotel. Thanks a lot, Saphaipae :)

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Indonesia

One of the best places I've stayed. A great location not in the thick of it all but very close to the bts and the shops and markets. It was so clean and tidy. A choice of dvds to watch and communal area My only suggestion would be to uve a good prep area for those who want to cook themselves or at least keep snacks or spare water. Other than that great The staff were touch and go some where brilliant and so lovely and one was a little arrogant and acted as though you was disturbing.

Dear Phoebe Thank you for staying with us and thank you for valuable comment. Although we do not have a prep area, however, we have a little corner with microwave and hot water pot for making instant foods on the 1st floor :) We do not have common fridge as things are usually left rotten or stolen but we have coca-cola fridge where there are always spaces to keep water, fruits, etc... on 1st floor too :)

Been to a few others in Bangkok, this is best dorm for value and location.

I have stayed in the mixed dorm 4 times and have enjoyed it. The location is good being only a 10 minute walk from Surasak BTS and a 10 minute walk to the central pier where the boats are located. They have a laundry room which comes in handy but if you want to hang you clothes outside on the line instead of using the dryer a few clothes pegs might be useful as it does get windy. In the mixed dorm the light by lockers is quite dim but other than that I have no nothing to but good things to say.

Dear Nigel Thank your for staying with us and thank you for your point out. We now added clothes pegs on the 4th floor's balcony where you can now hang clothes (if you do not want to use our dryers) without being blown away by the winds :)

Clean the room everyday. Change the blanket every two or three days. Provide a towel for each guest. Check the AC of each room every three days for maintenance.

Better if you will provide free towel. Bed sheets should be changed every time the guest leaves the place. Our bed sheets were quite dirty and it stinks. AC should be checked once in awhile to know if it's properly working.

Dear Francis We are sorry that we do not provide free towel, but instead, have them for rent at THB 50 for your whole stay. Regarding the bed sheets, of course, we do change sheets every time guests leave the hotel. If they stay for long period, we do change sheets every 3 days anyway. Some of the sheets maybe a little old but I can guarantee you they are have been proper dry-cleaned every time. A/C are cleaned and checked regularly - we would have fixed it right away if they are not working..

The hostel was lovely and very bright with great air-con. We stayed in a private double room and it was nice to have our own space after getting off a long-haul flight. There was a big variety of food for breakfast including soup and noddles which was nicer than just toast. These guys order take-away for you as well so after a long-day getting lost in Bangkok and chased by Tuk Tuk drivers, we ordered Pizza Hut and watched Thai TV...great memories!

The cover image says FREE BREAKFAST, but when you show up, they tell you that for your price, you don't get free breakfast and you have to pay 3 dollars for the breakfast. I don't know where I missed the small print, but thats just trying to deceive the costumer.

Dear Jose We are terribly sorry for the confusing image on the web. However, we are sure that you had been given a clear option with/without breakfast (prices are different) before you confirm your booking. If you didn't booked the room with breakfast (by mistakenly or intentionally), we had an option upfront for you to pay extra, in which you didn't take. You have paid room without breakfast at the cheapest possible rate, and yet argued about picture as an cheap excuse to exploit us. Shame.

Very good location and very close to the skytrain station. Large room .. access by keycard and huge storage.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Thailand

The hostel has great sized lockers and comfortable beds. Lots of showers, clean, close to a metro station. I was under the impression it came with a free breakfast though, and was then told I didn't sign up for that option. I also has a psycho American in my room and didn't feel comfortable sleeping, but that is not the hostels fault.

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your valuable comment. Yes, when you book a room with us over the internet, we have the option with or without breakfast (prices are different). However, you can always pay a little extra when you get here if you booked a room without breakfast and are interested in our breakfast :) Also, I'm sorry to hear that you had a psycho in your room, nevertheless, we could always switch room for our guests if they are not comfortable.

Aun excellent place to stay it is like a hotel not a single compleint, if I go back to Bangkok for sure I will stay there again

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6