Saphaipae Hostel Reviews

35 Surasak Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand

Lovely clean hostel in Bangkok. Although we didn't like the city we found the hostel to be nice, clean and friendly. However, the location did prove to be a slight problem, having to travel everywhere by the sky train and a lack of local bars made going out for a night hard. The atmosphere was not very sociable in the hostel, the staff were helpful when they could be. Overall a pleasant stay but i would unlikely return.

It is the staff that make this a good hostel although I wouldn't stay here again for the following reasons. I found the location boring after staying in the Victory Monument area. Prices in the area for food were much higher also. Also, the hostel has a depressing and cold atmosphere with all the dim lighting in the large rooms. I did find a nice little coffee shop a few feet from the hostel on the way to Silom, Le Café Café which has Wifi, tv and home made snacks.

lovely all thestaff so helpful lovelyatmosphere highly recommend

• 18th Jan 2016
  • Wales

Awesome hostel!

Great backpacker hostel! We stayed here two nights and loved it! The shared washrooms and showers were very big and clean. The guy sitting at the travel/tour desk was very helpful in helping us figure out where to go, how to get around, ect. All of the staff were great actually! Computer/sitting area was great as well! Lots of people hanging around! Definitely recommend :)

Loved this place! We stayed at 2 different hostels in Bangkok and this was my favorite. My boyfriend and I booked a private room and it was great! Big rooms, with lockers to hang clothes up in, a table to sit down and relax at, and nightstands on both sides. Bathrooms are also clean and spacious. Breakfast is yummy! The area is nice, and you are a 1 or 2 minute walk away from the skytrain. 100%, would definitely stay here again!

Comfy bed, nice staff, clean. Internet is horrible- basically like not having it-this should get fixed. Very spacious which isn't easy to find in city hostels.

Very clean, soft extra wide comfortable beds (a couple could share) and hot showers! Nice they had large lockers that held large backpacks. The breakfast buffet was really good and so much food! My only compliant was the very stuffy and hot bath/shower room. Only area without AC. Great they have a TV room on each floor.

I planned to stay one night and extended my booking. I had and accident and broke my feet, all the staff was e trembly friendly and helped me a lot with everything, they even ket me call many times to my health insurance without Ny extra charge. What is more, Bathrooms are very big and clean, so are the dorms. I have nothing more to say than THANK YOU to this hostel!

A bit out of the way, but the room was huge, amenities were great, and everyone seemed friendly. Be prepared to pay about 500 baht for the taxi ride though. No complaints about this place whatsoever.

Was better than expected. Clean and quiet. Helpful staff. Would definitely go back and stay there again.

• 11th Jan 2016
  • India

Great free breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was a bit stand off ish and Internet was terrible.

Really clean and good located hostel. Facilities are perfect, except the slow wifi (I had to finish some work and looking something up on the internet was a hassle). Somehow missing the social aspect of an hostel (due to the size probably), but has a nice common area to hang out.

I booked a private Standard Twin Private Shared Bathroom. TV not working, Pillow as thin as paper. After switching on the lights room was still very Dim and Dark. Well it was design to be dim and dark. With the same amount of money, a budget hotel will be much better.

the hostal is really clean, it has places to read, to watch tv/movies, etc... great location, because is close to the ferry and the bts... the toilets and shower are clean and big... the downside for my is that it is a huuuuge hostal, which sometimes make difficult to meet people if you are traveling alone. Good breakfast

This is a terrific hostel for the money. If you know someone reluctant to try a hostel send them to this one. They will be delighted at the cleanliness and great facilities. For some unknown reason, however, the desk staff are not friendly. An independent advisor should observe them at their work to see if training is needed. It might be a language or culture issue. The restaurant and free breakfast are exceptional. The staff in the restaurant are very kind even if they don't speak English.

This hostel was really nice. There were plenty of bathrooms and showers and they were very clean! Very close to the sky train and easy to get around. The staff was really nice. The wifi was kind of slow but in all it was a great one. I recommend it :)

Thought it was a bit expensive for a dorm bed but the free breakfast buffet made it worth it! Clean and spacy room, lots of toilets and showers. Not really a backpacker feeling tho , but I got a good nights sleep and it was easy to go around to all the sightseeing and shopping . Would definitely stay here again!

We loved staying here. It was a five minute walk to both the BTS station (which we used everyday - so easy!) and the riverboats. There's a 7Eleven and many shops/restaurants within a few blocks, so don't worry about not being able to find something you need. Room was comfortable. Bathrooms were new and very clean. Staff was super friendly & helpful. We'd stay here again.

Wifi is really slow -.-