Saphaipae Hostel Reviews

35 Surasak Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand

Please do check room 409, as it is incredibly humid. All bed linen was damp and when waking up in the morning, the room was so humid that there was condensation on the floor. Otherwise, we had a great stay! Cheers, Alex

Hello Alex Thank you for leaving comment to us. My name is Jon and I am the assistant manager at Saphai Pae Hostel. After investigation on room 409, it is clear that exceeded humidity came from the fact that the air-con is being turned on 24 hrs for a long period of time. We will open the window to circulate air more often, reset the air-con's setting into a warmer degree and remind guests to let air-con rest. I do apologise for any inconvenience and hope we could welcome you again in future.

Great facilities, very clean, pretty good common area though not the *most* facilitative to meeting other travelers. Reception helped with ideas throughout my stay but at times have slightly convoluted walking directions that they could not confirm on Google maps.

Dear Mr. Singh Thank you for staying and leaving comment to us :) My name is Jon and I am the assistant manager at Saphai Pae Hostel. I would like to apologise that our staffs got you confused in direction. However, I will educate and reaffirm my staffs once again to give people a more accurate and effective guide when asked for directions. I hope that we could welcome you again in near future Best Regards, Jon

Great Hostel, loved the female floor. The bathrooms are awesome, enough showers and toilets for everyone! It's just a great place to stay plus it's super clean. Have never stayed in such a good hostel before!

I kept trying to find faults with this large hostel, but i have to say that in the end it was excellent. We stayed in dorms, they were roomy, with comfortable beds, ac, and very clean. The bathrooms were clean, nice and large. The staff were excellent. There are printing and scanning facilities behind the counter which is handy as well. Location is less touristy, but very central. Only faults: not really a very social hostel, due to the size. The breakfast is average, but does the trick.

• 15th Jul 2014

Great hostel with fantastic facilities. They have a girls only floor that you need a card to get into, and security is top notch. Staff were a little cold (not rude, just not super friendly), and there isn't much of an atmosphere here.

Hello Ms. Yung Thank you for staying and leaving comment to us :) My name is Jon and I am the assistant manager at Saphai Pae Hostel. I would like to deeply apologise for my staffs being cold and I will have a good talk with them since it's the smile that keeps Saphai Pae going... I sincerely hope we have a chance to serve you again in the future. Best regards, Jon

The staff were extremely helpful and the hostel itself was brilliant. We're going to recommend it to all of our friends who're heading out to Thailand!

• 13th Jul 2014

Traveling as a couple. Stayed in a private room with shared bathroom and it was clean and quite nice. Lots of plugs for electronics however only works when you are in the room.

Best hostel in Bangkok!

the staff were super helpful with all our questions, held some tickets for me, made phonecalls and wrote down addresses in Thai to show taxi drivers. great.

A wee bit out from the main Silom-Sukumvit stretch but overall a pretty experience. Pretty nice lounge to socialize too!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Luv the place from every aspect .its like home away from home .will stay whenever I'm Bgkk ..one of my favor and will recommend. I stayed with my Frnd she is on wheelchair ,staff helpful all the way making our stay comfartsble .I think if thry can have a ramp as hostel has lift then she doesn't have to ask for help every time going out . Toilet bit short for her wheelchair but she managed .I suggest one floor one toilet and shower door bit big, then hostel fully accessible to handicap people.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

5 minute walk from the BTS, which means everything is easily accessibly. Not in a particularly noisy part of town, so you're guaranteed a decent sleep. A complimentary bottle of water everyday

Very pleasant stay. Excellent location (walking distance to Sky Train and Water Taxi). Room was clean and secure (safe available in room). Atm in the lobby, cafe and laundry on site all very convenient. For a bug hostel it was also pretty quiet! I would stay here again.

We had a great stay at the Saphaipae. The rooms are spacious and clean as are the bathrooms and showers. The security is great, you need a card to get into the elevators and there is a friendly atmosphere. The only downside is that it is on a very busy one way street but other than that it is a great place and location.

We arrived at 2am, I was worried about the booking because it was technically the previous day. I called ahead though and was assured my room would be there for me. When I arrived I was told it was cancelled and someone else had it! I insisted it couldn't be gone and that I called ahead, I ended up getting the exact room I booked but it took an hour of negotiating. Besides that one idiot staff member the place is great, and the rest of the staff were great too.

Friendly staff, great rooms, stayed in the private and it was like a hotel. People chill downstairs.

Really great place! It's almost like a hotel for young people ... Brightly painted rooms, CLEAN, books and tvs, balconies to sit on, nice elevator, and the staff are incredible. So nice, very good English and so helpful. Really awesome stay. Only slight downside is it's more like a hotel than a hostel, so maybe a bit harder to meet people.

The hostel has a very good atmosphere. The interior is quite hip and at the same time, has a sense of coziness. It is also spacious in a sense that there are couches outside the some of the rooms, across the hall. The breakfast isn't something, but hey, it is free. Oh, and the shared rooms have big bunk beds as well. Overall, it has a good value for money.

Great hostel with great facilities for washing clothes and the bathrooms are clean and large. Just a little out of the way from the hubbub of Khao San Road, a 200 Baht tuk tuk away!

We only stayed one night at Saphiphe hostel but it was great. Very good facilities, clean and friendly staff. When i go back to Bangkok i will e sure to stay again.