Saphaipae Hostel Reviews

35 Surasak Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand

Great hostel to et started in Bangkok! The breakfast is amazing and allows for you to connect with other travellers. It is a easy jump to china town, the river ferry, and the BTS rail.

Stayed here twice in one trip, they are pretty helpful. I emailed them about the best(read cheapest) way to get from the DMK airport to the hostel and their instructions worked fabulously. Then I was headed down south to the islands so I asked if they would be willing to hold something for me, and they did it no problem. Overall this hostel is pretty great, I wish I was staying here longer in order for me to take advantage of some of the cool things they plan for the residents.

Great staff. I loved location easy to get to ferry for temple hopping. Nice breakfast. Amazing showers. Hot. Cumfy beds. Glare at value. Ideal hostel.

Enjoyed our short stay there. Ask the staff for the great local street food. Very spacious and calm. Really close to the Myanmar Embassy. Good place to stay to get your visa done.

Staff looked too busy. Just there to do a job. Not very keen to help. Very impersonal.

Dear Ms. Pripis Thank you for staying at Saphai Pae Hostel :) Yes, our staffs can be very busy time to time and not much time to service each guest perfectly. However, we all love to talk and help our guests - that's something we love to do it's more than just a computer's jobs :) It's getting slightly less busy now and I hope we are able to service everyone more than every :) Thank you and I apology for your uncomfortable experience with us Jon, assistant manager

Great hostel! They had overbooked the dorm we were supposed to be in, but they upgraded us to another room which was awesome! Breakfast in the morning was by far the best hostel breakfast I have ever had, not just in Thailand, but anywhere. Luggage storage is just in a big room the staff has keys to, so not super secure, but not horrible. Great friendly vibe in the lobby, so easy to meet people. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

¡Best hostel ever! Our room was on the 8th floor, big space, nice view, soft bed, big bathroom, amenities such as free tea, coffe and water, in the bathroom: towels, soap, shampoo, and even swabs; and the best of all a little fridge and a security box. Meaty breakfast included, delicious and very satisfactory. Nice Staff and a pretty good location, really near from BTS station (couple of streets). The neighborhood its great, quiet enough to sleep well but full of life just a few streets walking.

Definitely recommend this for a pleasant stay in Bangkok. The location is strategic, near a BTS skytrain station and seven eleven, the staff are all so nice and accommodating and helpful. The food is satisfying. The common/internet lounge is great.

The hostel location is quite close to Surasak Station, it's a good choice if you wish to stay away from city centre. The room and washroom is super clean, the breakfast is good for me, they have bread, rice and fruit.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

So clean and beautiful. Very close to sky rail making getting around cheaply so easy!

Great place to stay! Very close to the skytrain which can be very helpful when traffic jams occur... stayed a second time:-)

I cannot recommend this place highly enough. I've been staying in hostels for the past 3 months and this is by far and away the best. The facilities are amazing, it's comfy, spotless and staff are outstanding. There is much more on offer here than usual hostels. Ideal for anyone. No need to look anywhere else!

I definitely recommend this hostel. The dorms are spacious and very comfortable. The shared bathrooms are very clean and well equipped. The location is convenient, next to a MRT stop and not far from Chao Phraya boats. I would stay there again.

a walking distance from Surasak BTS and 7eleven store. they allow you to stock your food in the refrigerator if you want to cut some budget.

The hostel is a little pricier (which is a little hard to believe, since I only paid $11/night) than other Bangkok hostels, but the place is fantastic. The hostel rooms are extremely clean, beds are comfortable, and the bathrooms are all very well kept. The hostel is south of the city center, and therefore not very close to the big, backpacker places like Khao son road, but it is only a 5 minute walk from the BTS metro station and central pier ststion for the water taxi, so it's easy to get to.

• 22nd Jan 2015

Although it is a little bit out of the city centre, the 5 minute walk to the BTS makes most areas of Bangkok quite accessible. The outside area was great to sit around and have a few drinks, however as previous reviews state, meeting other travellers isn't the best. The facilities were great, the staff helpful, and the beds comfy. I'll be staying here again in a few weeks time when I return to Bangkok. +1 for this hostel!

Very good, clean hostel. Location is very close to Skytrain BTTS and very easy to navigate from airport. Hostel is 6 floors, open spaces, good facilities but if you want somewhere to meet other travellers then it's average. If you want clean, safe and secure then here's not bad at all. Breakfast is ok. Taxi can be a pain to get to Kho San Road. Insist on the meter no matter what! Be stubborn but friendly. Staff are friendly, broken English but eager to help. And try the honey

Very clean and tidy hostel with a nice communal area and breakfast on offer.

good location and clean bed. breakfast is the best ever in my trips. feel relaxed and really comfortable, third time i stayed in this hostel and surely will come back again in future.

One of the better hostels I have stayed at in s.e asia. While the location is not ideal if wanting to experience a more party driven travelling expeience, it is perfect if focusing your trip more on the sights and culture that bangkok has to offer while being a relaxing environment to spend your nights away from the noisey khao san road. The only con is that if traveling alone it is not the most socialble hostel, and does remain relatively quiet in the dorms, not the best for meeting people.