Saphaipae Hostel Reviews

35 Surasak Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand

Facilities, rooms, beds and breakfast included are all great! Still a little expensive for Bangkok. Staff is ok, not overly friendly. Location depends on what you're looking for... For me it's close to Burmese Embassy and skytrain -perfect, but it's a ways away from touristy locations. Quiet neighborhood. Restaurant for lunch is good. Food prices decent, drinks a little expensive. But very clean and very safe.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in and I traveled extensively in Europe last summer and this is one of the cleanest and nicest hostels ever. They have the 2nd floor designated just for females with many clean showers, nice relaxing TV room and washer and driers. Free internet access on computers which is always nice. The only downside is the late night employee is quite rude, so if you arrive late as I did, be prepared to not be welcomed and given any info of hostel.

Felt like a tramp staying here

• 14th Aug 2014

Wifi was terrible

Awesome hostel ! Really enjoyed my stay here.

Great location! 10 minutes walk from the central river pier... 5 minutes walk from BTS stop.

I stayed here for two nights and would return again. It was very easy to get to the BTS from here. Though it is a bit away from the "main action" of BKK, there is still a lot of activity nearby. The common room was great. There were plenty of places to sit, play games, use the computers, watch movies. Free breakfast was nice. The only bad thing was the showers were not that clean. The toilets and sinks were clean, but the showers were neglected a bit. Hot water and good pressure though!

• 7th Aug 2014

Very clean hostel! Nice room with airco. Friendly staff, en very good breakfast. The toilets and showers were also very clean. A little bit far from chinatown and de old part of bangkok..

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Overall great, but there are a few heavy downsides. We booked a bus south for (as we found out later) double the price! Internet was extremely slow. Pool table and provided games nice, but most damaged. A/c was freezing, but was changed upon request. Laundry facilities great and bathrooms excellent. Staff often difficult to understand and not too helpful. Location is good and bad, as it's close to the skytrain, but far away from the centre where the sights are. That said the place looks great.

One of the very best hostel among 75+ hostels I have tried worldwide. The mattress are particularly comfortable.

Very clean, hotel-like hostel. Because of this there is also a bit of a lack in atmosphere you usually have at hostels. None the less, a very nice place to stay, close to an important part of the city.

Very pleased with: politeness and helpfulness of the desk staff, size of the room and convenient location. Not so pleased with: hard mattress, loud noises from cleaning staff making up rooms, parties on the 6th floor, old yellowed towels and ripped bedsheets. We would be happy to see newer bedsheets and towels and stricter regulations imposed on the noisy behaviour of inconsiderate guests. Overall, good value for money and would definitely stay again.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

a bit out of town, but definitely worth the money since public transport is very nearby!! Just 5 minutes walk away. Rooms are very spacious and clean and so are the bathrooms.

Loved this hostel and the people I've met here (travelling solo... Have to be very proactive though). Very clean and safe. Nice beds and good size. Further out from places like Khao San but a meter taxi is less than 100 baht.... Also have the sky train and water taxi nearby.

out the way, and not really a backpackers atmosphere

Very impressed with the cleanliness and security of this hostel. Stay there for two nights and has received two days free breakfast. The location of this hostel is located at the busy street and within walking distance to convenient shop and BTS (Skytrain). It's pretty much easy to get around to most of the big shopping mall.

It's the second time I stayed in this Hostel and they even improved their service. The hostel has its own ATM, Breakfast is included, and really ok. They are also offering some pretty nice activites during the week, which are also for free. We did for a example a nice cooking class in the afternoon, but the also have some tours, or even special events. We defenetely would stay here again!

In my three weeks of stay in Thailand, it was the best Hostel experience. Very clean. In fact they have 24 hour cleaning service. Free breakfast. Location is great too. It is 10 minutes walk from sky train station. Plenty of restaurants around. However their internet was not as good as everything else. Please improve your internet

• 26th Jul 2014

The hostel was really nice but not that close enough to walk to anywhere we go wanted to spend time. It was close to the skytrain and easy to commute from though. The staff was incredibly unhelpful. They didn't seem to know anything about the city when we asked and kept giving us incorrect information about getting to Cambodia even though they advertise that they have a travel agent available to speak to.

Dear Sara, Thank you for staying with us and leaving a comment. My name is Jon and I'm the assistant manager at Saphai Pae Hostel. Please kindly accept my apology on behalf of my staffs. It's strange that our staffs weren't that much help to you when asked about the city coz we are very aware and asked for guidance everyday. Also regarding Cambodia, there are many means of transport and it might sounds confusing. However, I will re-educate my staffs and make sure this will not happens again.

Atmosphere isn't great, but everything else was perfect.