Saphaipae Hostel Reviews

35 Surasak Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand

Excellent hostel!! great location and very clean. and they give you a yumm breakfast! :)

Clean and spacious, decent Wi-Fi, near the Surasak BTS station. Definitely recommend, regardless of your reason for staying in Bangkok.

Not much touristy stuff to see around. The hostel though is quite nice. Only accessable with your card, TV room, pool table and ironing board and washing machine (not for free) available.

Huge open common area with 24h reception, tv, computers, games, drinks, etc. Large bedrooms with great built in amenities in each bunk. Seperate "just women's" floor. Laundry facilites, and snacks. Great overnight staff. Women's bathroom although really big could be cleaner as floor is wet all the time and hair and mold was found in a number of the showers all the time. Really close to Skytrain and subway!

The staff was wonderful, the rooms were clean and comfortable & rooms had a/c. The free breakfast was nice and entire place had good wifi. Would recommend.

It's situated in the heart of BKK which is good for getting around. I don't think I've ever seen shared bathrooms so clean. The reception staff however were the worst part of our stay, talking about us in Thai so we couldn't understand, laughing at us when asking how to get to places, complaining that they had to open the luggage room when we asked to get our bags. They also had none of the 'free maps' and wouldn't even print one from google. I'd stay again, if the reception staff changed.

Great hostel that is clean :) really big so atmosphere is lacking. Kind of far away from backpacker scene I.e. Not on Khao San Rd, but close to the ferry which you can use to see all the major tourist sites. Also close to MRT. Staff were friendly but not that knowledgable! Couldn't give me very much advice on our trip to Ayutthaya

It is a good and nice accomodation.

• 19th Nov 2014

Nice place to stay, nearby the Bts station. The place is clean and confortable.

a best place to stayed with affordable price and so recommended for traveler!

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

Super clean and secure. I feel that the place is a little too big for making friends luckily I met a couple of people in my room otherwise it would have been a lonely experience! I had to do my own laundry (reason for the low score) which is pretty unheard of in Asia too! We struggled to get a cab to kao san Rd on the Saturday evening I stayed! Easy access to the skytrain though

I thought this was a great hostel! Very clean and quiet (especially for people that maybe have to catch an early flight out). The lockers were quite large, so most people could fit all of their things in it instead of having to pick and choose their most valuable items to be stored. As a solo, female traveler I would certainly recommend this hostel to other women that are alone. I certainly felt safe and almost everyone was friendly!

Nice hostel in a fairly convenient location. The dorms are incredibly cold. Didn't bother me, but every other dorm mate seemed to complain about it. The common area's pretty comfortable and has decent, slightly overpriced snacks. The travel desk is VERY overpriced, so if you want to save money, look around outside instead. The wifi uses a log-in system, which can be annoying. Overall, though, this is a nice, clean, comfortable, safe oasis in the hustle and bustle of Bangkok.

Great hostel with easy access to the river boat and plenty of food places. Staff are very friendly and happy to advise on pretty much anything.

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our staffs will do our best to make sure that you have wonderful time with us. Looking forward to see you again. Thank you ka. Happy day Happy day!!

Amazing hostel! It's an incredible value for the money. I stayed in a private room it was very large with nice big windows. The bathroom facilities are really nice. The buffet breakfast was pretty good. The staff was kind and helpful. I don't have anything negative to say. When I go back to Bangkok I'm going to stay there again.

It's a good place to stay,me and my bf had stayed in superior double room,it was clean with surprising facilities.Staffs r helpful.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • China

Thank You So Much ka. We love to hear your feedback. Our Saphaipae staffs are happy that you had a wonderful stay. Please visit us again. Have a beautiful day.

For us the location was perfect. We needed to be near the Myanmar Embassy to get our visas and it was a 10 min walk. Bangkok is huge so depending on what your itinerary is, it might not be the best location. That being said it was about 150 baht to get to other places that were about 20 minutes away. I would stay here again regardless because it was more hotel then hostel. You are right near the BTS station too, but if travel by taxi say you are at the Holiday in Silom.

Sawadee ka . Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. We hope you have a great trip in Myanmar. We are looking forward to see you again. Have a great day.

This place has it all. The best hostel we stayed at in Thailand for sure. Easy to get to public transit, and ferries. My husband was really sick for one day here and we couldn't have asked for a better place, unlimited free DVD rentals, lots of channels, and a 711 around the corner. Breakfast was pretty meh though.

Saphaipae is the best hostel I've ever had! BIG rooms, locker, shower rooms and toilets. It's near from BTS (Surasak Station) Nice staffs, speak english well. Air-conditioner is FULL-BLAST. :) I will definitely come back! :)

Saphaipae Hostel was amazing! I stayed on the 'female' floor during my stay and would highly recommend it for solo female travelers. Everything was clean and tidy. The room for six had three at most while I occupied my bed. Each bed was set up to perfection with its own power outlet, light and shelf to hold your phone, watch, earrings etc. The AC in the room worked well, and there were large storage lockers. Pond at the front desk was priceless. On my checkout he waved down my 'metered' taxi.