Saphaipae Hostel Reviews

35 Surasak Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand

The hostel was really nice but not that close enough to walk to anywhere we go wanted to spend time. It was close to the skytrain and easy to commute from though. The staff was incredibly unhelpful. They didn't seem to know anything about the city when we asked and kept giving us incorrect information about getting to Cambodia even though they advertise that they have a travel agent available to speak to.

Dear Sara, Thank you for staying with us and leaving a comment. My name is Jon and I'm the assistant manager at Saphai Pae Hostel. Please kindly accept my apology on behalf of my staffs. It's strange that our staffs weren't that much help to you when asked about the city coz we are very aware and asked for guidance everyday. Also regarding Cambodia, there are many means of transport and it might sounds confusing. However, I will re-educate my staffs and make sure this will not happens again.

Atmosphere isn't great, but everything else was perfect.

Excellent location close to BTS

Basically the perfect hostel. Big comfy beds, individual lockers large enough to store upright backpacks, personal reading light and plug points by the beds, spacious rooms, more than enough shower and toilet cubicles for everyone, fast and realiable wifi and internet, super comfy lounge in the lobby. ONLY negative is that the best thing that can be said about the breakfast is that it's free. Great location for the Myanmar embassy - iit's less than a ten minute walk away!

Great staff, great building, great location, for once a real winner deserving of reviews.

Worth for value. Sure will stay here again.

John was extremely helpful and friendly, and got me oriented very quickly with the surrounding area. The hostel has everything a backpacker could need - laundry, wifi, computers, printer, etc. Clean rooms with good A/C, and the location is barely 5 minutes from the Sukhumvit BTS station.

Please do check room 409, as it is incredibly humid. All bed linen was damp and when waking up in the morning, the room was so humid that there was condensation on the floor. Otherwise, we had a great stay! Cheers, Alex

Hello Alex Thank you for leaving comment to us. My name is Jon and I am the assistant manager at Saphai Pae Hostel. After investigation on room 409, it is clear that exceeded humidity came from the fact that the air-con is being turned on 24 hrs for a long period of time. We will open the window to circulate air more often, reset the air-con's setting into a warmer degree and remind guests to let air-con rest. I do apologise for any inconvenience and hope we could welcome you again in future.

Great facilities, very clean, pretty good common area though not the *most* facilitative to meeting other travelers. Reception helped with ideas throughout my stay but at times have slightly convoluted walking directions that they could not confirm on Google maps.

Dear Mr. Singh Thank you for staying and leaving comment to us :) My name is Jon and I am the assistant manager at Saphai Pae Hostel. I would like to apologise that our staffs got you confused in direction. However, I will educate and reaffirm my staffs once again to give people a more accurate and effective guide when asked for directions. I hope that we could welcome you again in near future Best Regards, Jon

Great Hostel, loved the female floor. The bathrooms are awesome, enough showers and toilets for everyone! It's just a great place to stay plus it's super clean. Have never stayed in such a good hostel before!

I kept trying to find faults with this large hostel, but i have to say that in the end it was excellent. We stayed in dorms, they were roomy, with comfortable beds, ac, and very clean. The bathrooms were clean, nice and large. The staff were excellent. There are printing and scanning facilities behind the counter which is handy as well. Location is less touristy, but very central. Only faults: not really a very social hostel, due to the size. The breakfast is average, but does the trick.

• 15th Jul 2014

Great hostel with fantastic facilities. They have a girls only floor that you need a card to get into, and security is top notch. Staff were a little cold (not rude, just not super friendly), and there isn't much of an atmosphere here.

Hello Ms. Yung Thank you for staying and leaving comment to us :) My name is Jon and I am the assistant manager at Saphai Pae Hostel. I would like to deeply apologise for my staffs being cold and I will have a good talk with them since it's the smile that keeps Saphai Pae going... I sincerely hope we have a chance to serve you again in the future. Best regards, Jon

The staff were extremely helpful and the hostel itself was brilliant. We're going to recommend it to all of our friends who're heading out to Thailand!

• 13th Jul 2014

Traveling as a couple. Stayed in a private room with shared bathroom and it was clean and quite nice. Lots of plugs for electronics however only works when you are in the room.

Best hostel in Bangkok!

This is a great Hostel, fantastic all round, cant fault a thing! Staff a super friendly, whole place is cleaned daily and its soo easy to meet other travellers if thats what you want!!

the staff were super helpful with all our questions, held some tickets for me, made phonecalls and wrote down addresses in Thai to show taxi drivers. great.

A wee bit out from the main Silom-Sukumvit stretch but overall a pretty experience. Pretty nice lounge to socialize too!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Luv the place from every aspect .its like home away from home .will stay whenever I'm Bgkk ..one of my favor and will recommend. I stayed with my Frnd she is on wheelchair ,staff helpful all the way making our stay comfartsble .I think if thry can have a ramp as hostel has lift then she doesn't have to ask for help every time going out . Toilet bit short for her wheelchair but she managed .I suggest one floor one toilet and shower door bit big, then hostel fully accessible to handicap people.

5 minute walk from the BTS, which means everything is easily accessibly. Not in a particularly noisy part of town, so you're guaranteed a decent sleep. A complimentary bottle of water everyday