Saphaipae Hostel Reviews

35 Surasak Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand

Pretty good. Everything you would expect from a more luxurious hostel. Atmosphere wasn't special though, wouldn't recommed it to meet other people.

We stayed in a deluxe private and had a great bathroom and bedroom. The people there were friendly and the staff was helpful. It was about a 15 minute walk to the boat ferry which was perfect for what we needed. It was 200 Baht to where ever we wanted to go so we didn't think it was too bad.

The staff made the whole difference! The hostel is big, the common area is totally well structured and the wifi is really good. The rooms and bathroom are the best and really clean and organized. Big lockers and even hair dryer! Smile on the workers face and even a free BBQ for Christmas there! Completely worth it!

Perfectly fine hostel. We didn't stay too long, but the rooms were spacious and clean, and the breakfast was more than just toast and jam. Common area was okay, it had a pool table. And there were videos available for (free) rental in little movie rooms if you want some down time. Tiny outdoor deck was a nice touch too.

This is by far the best hostel I have stayed in Bangkok. Great location, near the sky train, staff we're extremely helpful and was very clean.

Stayed in four person share room. Beds comfortable with ample storage space on top and bottom bunks for accessories. Towels available for rent and not included. Rooms clean with decent AC. Bathrooms clean, on the basic side, but work just fine. Balcony area great for chilling in the evenings when it's cooler. Location is just down the street from BRT and 7-11. Some staff had some difficulty with English. Bag check was more of a bag drop in a locked room. Great place though will stay next time.

• 14th Dec 2014

Great hostel -- big common area with pool table, safe location, nice rooms. I would definitely stay here again.

This hostel was a very friendly and social place. It was clean and had good, comfy rooms/beds. I would definitely suggest this hostel to anyone traveling to Bangkok.

The breakfast was just so-so, I wish it could be better ^^ Hairdryer keep turning off, is it on timer? Other than that, I enjoy my stay at Saphaipae :)

The hostel is amazig. The doorms are big with very clean and confortable beds. The place has a nice livig room to chat, watch a movie or grab a beer, also a terrace for sunbathing. the bathrooms are big enough, very clean and with hot water all day and night. Wifi in all the floors with strong connection. it doesent have a backpacker vibe tho. Its good to go with a group of friends to have fun with.. maybe because its too big, dunno. But totally recommended.

Great hostel out of the main tourist area, very close to skytrain station! Difficult to meet people there, certainly not impossible. Good food, decent prices, pool table and movies at night. AC was great too!

Best hostel I've been in Asia

The place was massive so if you prefer to avoid people (or do all your washing at once without being concerned about being seen naked) it's perfect.

Great for those who want to explore Bangkok or are in transit (e.g. going to Chiang Mai, etc.). It's 200 meters away from the "Surasak" BTS station, which makes getting around the city incredibly easy. Getting there from the BKK airport via public transportation (see their directions) was extremely easy and fast. It's an entire building and located in a nice neighbourhood (Silom, a business district). The beds were very comfy and the internet (~5mbps) relatively good. Recommended.

A very nice Hostel. Lots of facilities, very clean, and helpful staff. Breakfast was OK, nothing amazing but it fills the gut. I did find the location to be a bit out of the way from the main sights and tourist areas, but I suppose many people would enjoy that. The cab drivers always had a hard time finding the place so I asked the hostel for a business card with the hostel's address on it. I showed that to the drivers and I didn't have a problem after that.

• 2nd Dec 2014

I would recommend this hostel to my mom if she were visiting Bangkok ..... it's awesome

I loved the noodles dish for breakfast! If only they could serve more of that on other breakfast days as well, haha. The place is really peaceful with helpful staff who are willing to assist me at any time of the day. If I go back to bangkok, i would gladly choose this hostel again. Please keep up the service!

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Singapore

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was helpful. I would gladly come back.

Great hostel!! Staff have add really great value! Only the distance to the center location is not the best.

Excellent hostel!! great location and very clean. and they give you a yumm breakfast! :)