Saphaipae Hostel Reviews

35 Surasak Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand

The first time we arrived there, we were so excited about our room. That was a spacious room even we added one extra bed. On the second day, I've lost my most favourite flannel shirt at the bathroom. We've checked the security camera recording and ended up nothing clear. I have to let go the shirt :( The staffs were really helpful, the breakfast is enough to fill up your stomach before travelling around the city. The location is near to Surasak BTS station.

Like: bathrooms are spacious, new and clean; comfy beds; good wifi; washing machine and dryer available; close to mrt; great staff Dislike: there isn't much to do within walking distance

We were a group of 7. 5 were in dorms and my partner and I were in a private room which was a little more expensive. The dorms were great for anyone who doesn't mind sharing. The laundry facilities are great. The shared bathrooms were clean. We had a fantastic room on floor 8 which had a fridge with free water and cheap drinks. A tea and coffee making facility, en suite bathroom and the most comfortable bed. Good air con in all rooms. Staff were helpful and informative. Great stay.

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We appreciate your comment very much. We will keep doing our best to make your stay with us most enjoyable. Hope to see you and your friends in the future again. Have a good day.

First time staying in a Hostel and it was an awesome experience. The staff was so friendly and helpful and always suggested fun things to do with enthusiasm :) The washrooms were very clean. The food at the restaurant was yummy. Thank you so much for the wonderful stay! We will be back!

• 1st Nov 2014

Thank you for your positive review. We are very happy to know that you enjoy your stay with us. We will keep doing our best and hope to see you again in the future. Have a wonderful day

Clean, sociable hostel with great common room.

Great location - convenient to bangkok metro system, near markets, food and nightlife. Very clean and modern, saw several cleaning staff routinely in the bathroom. Hostel staff was very welcoming and gave great advice for dining/sightseeing. Free face painting and drinks for halloween! Will definitely stay here again if I come back to Bangkok

This place was located near the skytrain and the taxi bus. It was in an ideal location to get around Bangkok. It was not near any tourist areas however but that's what we wanted. Quiet local neighborhood. I did have trouble with some of the staff. They weren't as helpful as I would have liked. However, the place was safe clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this place.

There was one thing I was confused about. That was the breakfast coupon. I had a a voucher for being upgraded from superior room to deluxe. THANK YOU! I understood from the food staff that I supposed to dine off the menu. But the menu item I ordered was far less than the buffet offered. Was I supposed to get both?

• 26th Oct 2014

Almost everything was great about this place. The overall design is nice, the rooms are great, toilets are clean, air conditioning, location. The only thing is wifi, it continually logs out and it is annoying.

Good place for family if they want to have a peaceful time, the staff very kindness

Definitely worth it. Will stay here if ever I'll visit Bangkok again.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

One word to describe Saphaipae Hostel: Superb!!! Surprise for the spaciousness,cleanliness& facilities . Great location, very close to BTS, pier,street food,market,7eleven and Bangkok Fashion Outlet!Very friendly staffs. We like the atmosphere so peaceful.Saphaipae is more than hostel. Highly recommended. Plan to Bangkok next year with my big fam and absolutely Saphaipae Hostel is a must hostel to stay!

This hostel is just a 3-5 minute walk from the BTS-Skytrain station Surasak, a safe and central area, and next to the police station. So quite secure!:-). The staffs are very friendly, helpful and cheerful. I would definitely recommend staying here when you're in Bangkok because of: Location, Staff and value for money. Have fun!

Great place , cheap , clean would recommend it

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Awesome place, stayed here twice now. Very clean, big dorms with good aircon. Been travelling for 4 months and is by far one of he best backpackers In SE Asia!

Secured area only accessible by room key cards. Staff were friendly and informative. Breakfast choice was very limited. Cab from airport to hostel was about 400baht max. Trains took too many transfers (train to train to train) (bus to train to train). Facilities were amazing. Very clean for a hostel. Easily best hostel I've stayed at, besides the location.

Superb hostel! I recomended!!

Liked the hostel. It was clean, wifi was fast, toilets were clean..air conditioning worked although a bit noisy...bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper..location near 7-11 and surasak station...not the place if u are looking for party tho

The room was constantly feeling damp. The AC was not drying the air properly. The room was also a bit dark. The locker was not in proper condition, door was hard to open and the handle was broken. The staff was great, location is 5 min from the sky train, so no worries getting there.

• 4th Oct 2014

Dear Ricardo The reason for some rooms being damp is because air-con are left running 24/7 (Dorm with 8 to 10 people are the most common). We can not force our guests to turn off the air-con, however, we now have new house rule for switching the air-con off from 12:00pm - 14:00pm during cleaning hours. We expect this to dramatically fix the dampness :) Stiff lockers are now being lubricated and fixed. We hope to be able to show you our improvements in the future :)

This is the second time I've stayed at this hostel; when my friend wanted to go to Bangkok I didn't hesitate to go back. it was comfortable and only a few minutes walk from the BTS, making it a good base for the city. The only downside was the quality of the breakfast - but it was edible and for the price I can't really complain.