Sarangbang Guest House Reviews

241/31 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Kathu., Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

Its location is a bit difficult to find, but no problem all the same. I waited on the doorstep for 45 minutes at 8 pm at night bc no one was working the front desk. Fnally someone that was staying there let me in, but i could not find anyone to check me in. After 20 more minutes, I found my bill and key sitting on the front desk and went up to the room. I did not see staff until the following morning sleeping on the couch, so i just left the money owed and never checked in. Terrible service!

• 16th Apr 2015

If you want to have a good time. Don't go here. Only stay here if you want a quite night in patong. The hostel smelt a little and facilities were very basic

if you like the thought of living in a cave definitly stay in the dorm room. no natural light or air, cramped and dirty. wouldn't stay again.

Got a really strange feeling from the moment I arrived here. I did not end up staying. The staff speaks almost no English, which made any sort of transaction difficult. I'm not sure whether it was Sarangbang or Hostelworld that screwed up my reservation, but I had been double charged as though I needed two beds when I was traveling alone. Sarangbang would not accommodate the change so I had to pay for the first night. I did not feel safe here.

We enjoyed our stay here as we were in a private room although some of our friends were in the dorms and said that they were dirty, cramped and with only one bathroom between several people. Make sure you let staff know if you're checking out early otherwise you'll lose your key deposit (1000 baht). Staff were fairly helpful.

Really nice, clean place. We stayed in a double and in their dorm both were pretty decent value with good facilities and excellent showers! 5 min walk to the beach, all in all would recommend. Only difficulty is finding it, cab drivers don't seem to know it and the sign is only in very small letters (unless you are fluent in Thai).

This place was ok it was pretty clean and there are lockers available. I stayed in the dorm and was lucky it was quite empty so could catch up on much needed sleep after coming from Phi Phi! It's not far but maybe a 10-15 min walk from the main strip and don't expect a party hostel thing but overall I thought it was comfortable here. The only downside is if your on. Bottom bunk you can't really sit on your bed cos it's not high enough but that's a minor thing.

A love hotel. A bit far out, but still walkable to the action. Rooms were large, clean, and efficient. No real complaints.

View all Phuket Patong Beach Hostels