Savoy Hostel Reviews

Eglinton Street, Galway City, Galway, Ireland

Very secured and clean. Almost feels like a hotel. Breakfast is simple, but better than your average budget backpacker hostels. Doesn't feel like it is a party hostel, thus suitable for travellers looking for a quiet and comfortable stay. The dorm room I was staying in has a vanity table with hair dryer provided! I pre-booked my tour tickets with Kevin via e-mail and it was hassle-free. He kindly acceded to my request for a lower bunk bed when I sent him an e-mail 2 days prior to arrival.

Great hostel

• 17th Aug 2015

Nice clean place, the lobby area is great with super comfy chairs and sofas. The breakfast is better than most hostels in this range around Ireland and UK.

Normally you dont think of hostels as being luxurious, but this one hits the spot!! A 10 second walk to Eyre square and all the shopping you can handle. The rooms were large and very clean, and the washrooms were some of the best i have ever seen for a hostel. Everything was well maintained and the common room was very large and had great couches. The staff were also super friendly and helpful with finding places to eat for the night. Great atmosphere!! Definitely recommend

Savoy is a beautiful new hostel with high standards. Rooms are large, beds are comfortable and each one has its own lamp and power outlet. Wifi works well, staff is helpfull, and everything is very clean. You can leave your luggage in the storage room for free before check-in or after check-out. Excellent position close to bus and train station, city centre and supermarkets. I would definetely recommend it!

This was my best experience with hostels. Everything was immaculate from the modernity of the hostel to the cleanliness and most importantly the helpfulness of the staff. Paul was absolutely wonderful and provided much help and options when they were fully booked. He was more than helpful and I eventually got a last minute bed at this wonderful hostel. Thank you so much for the great stay!

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

Great central location, great facilities, friendly staff!

A very good hostel! Good security, nice hotel-like rooms and bathrooms. Friendly staff. Also, I appreciate that they offer breakfast until 11.

Nice hostel, bed with plugs are always a massive tick!! Also the staff were extremely accommodating!!! When they couldn't host us for the night, and we were gonna be stuck with no accomodaition the guy kindly rang around and found us a place!!! Also free breakfast is good

Unfortunately had terrible roommates, but the hostel was very nice. The amenities in your own bed area was extremely handy, and the extra vanity in the women's dorms were great. Very vibrant decor and a nice common room as well.

Great place, would stay again and recommend to people!

• 4th Aug 2015

Best hostel stayed in Galway by far . Common room is class . Although should make the music free or give you more songs for your money .

• 3rd Aug 2015

Nice fresh hostel, great common room and communal kitchenette facilities.

• 3rd Aug 2015

I backpacked for 4 weeks, 12 hostels. This one was my favourite. It has the best common room ive seen in a hostel yet. And they keep it open until 4am which is great for late night post bar food! I only have one tiny little issue (very small) reduce the cost on the jukebox 1 Euro per song is crazy. Reduce it by half and i even think you might make more money lol. It's a great sound system, lets use it!

Keep up the great work, Savoy was one of the nicest hostels I've stayed at 5 stars!

This hostel was very clean and tidy. It was one of the nicer hostels that I have had the pleasure of staying at in Ireland.

Nice and clean hostel. Yet the atmosphere was really cold and not very personal.

Everything was amazing! Wonderful facilities. Clean room, comfortable beds. This is hosteling done right. A bit pricy due to it being race week but would be fabulous value at other times of the year

Should be able to do without key security on breakfast room door

A friend of mine suggested me to go Savoy during my stay in Galway and I absolutely loved it! It was clean, the bathroom was within the bedroom, the room was spacious and bright, the staff was excellend and they also offered me a free towel when I asked for it even it the costed €2. The locked room where I left my luggage during the day was safe and the common room had a fantastic and super colourful design! I also heard seagulls calls in the morning and I absolutely loved it. €25 were worth.

• 26th Jul 2015