Savoy Hostel Reviews

Eglinton Street, Galway City, Galway, Ireland

Nicest hostel in Galway

• 26th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great facility with reading lights, charging station in bunk. Locked storage under bunk. The staff went above and beyond to be warm and helpful to me, an older woman traveling by myself. Great place!!

I think the hostel is great

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • China

Great location, great staff, comfortable rooms. Would definitely stay here again

Great facilities, clean room and bathroom plus the common area was always tidy and welcoming. I had a brilliant time in Galway and staying at Savoys was a big part of that. Thank you!

• 21st Jun 2015

The hostel was ok but i had to share a dorm with noisy and dirty people...

Savoy House feels like a 4 star hotel. All of the details are mid 21st Century! The lounge is amazing, with 12 big cushy chairs and 2 totally independent television sets of the highest quality. The duvets at night are like driving into a warm sea.

Great hostel --perfect location --quiet

So worth it. Staff was super nice and friendly.

Didn't felt we were seen by the staff. When we arrived the guy was very friendly but a woman behind the desk didn't even seem to notice us. Even if she would only be there for administration or anything knowing they saw you would be so polite...

Would have liked bath mats as water sprays outside shower area making tile floors wet and slippery. Otherwise, it was excellent!

When I'm back in Galway I'll definately stay at the Savoy

For the money I paid this hostel was great. I was in a 4 bed room with a bathroom and since it was my first time in a hostel it definitely exceed my expectations. Galway is a small town but it is conveniently located to shops and bars. The common area was nice as it has TVs computers and breakfast in the morning.

Savoy was perfectly located right in the middle of Galway; close to a lot of shops and bars. The bathrooms looked like nice hotel bathrooms, and the beds were great because there was a usb port to charge my phone at night. I would definitely stay here again!

It was like a hotel! Nothing bad to say..everything was on point!

This place is soo swanky. It looks like a 4 or 5 star hotel yet it's great for meeting new people. Common room is amazing. Very new facility, well kept. Sometimes really nice looking hostels become so nice it no longer has a backpacker type vibe and can discourage socializing with others but that's not the case here at all. Great location too.

The best hostel where my husband and I have been so far. Everything perfectly clean, not too crowdy even though it's located in the city center. I strongly recommend it to any person that want to have fun without spending too much!

• 4th Jun 2015

this was hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed at. the staff was super helpful and very friendly. we had a small bathroom problem and it was dealt with and fixed within 15 minutes. the rooms were very clean and spacious, nice and modern bathrooms as well. the common room was huge, had lots of tables and couches, and the kitchen was fantastic! it had everything you could possibly want. and if you are like me and sleep late sometimes, breakfast goes until 11am which was a nice bonus.

Very nice place, clean and comfy beds with power outlets and lights. Rooms are just like hotel room. Great tvroom/kitchen. Excellent breakfast. good location in the city, no parking here so had to pay 8 euro a day for parking in multi storey. No option for a private room for 2 here my wife and i had to share in a mixed dorm, but still would stay here again.

Comfortable beds and modern facilities make this place a good option for a place to crash in galway. Not the best for solo travellers, hard to meet people. No organized social activities, etc...

« first « Prev 1 2 3