Savoy Hostel Reviews

Eglinton Street, Galway City, Galway, Ireland

Spacious room in the 6 bed dorm, nice ensure bathroom and power points with lights for each individual bed. Great location so close to the bars and restaurants. Car parking can be done for free if you park in the long term street parking spots from 6:30pm until 8:30am. Fantastic common room, small but great kitchen and good continental breakfast. Definitely would stay again!

Probably the nicest hostel Ive stayed it, we had four in a room with a private washroom, that was nice enough to be in a hotel. The nicest shower I had the whole trip! Great location, with a parking garage near by. Helpful staff.

The Savoy is new, modern, a hostel more like a hotel. The staff are friendly and professional. The rooms are large with places to sit and work, study, use computers, etc. The shower rooms are large, tiled and clean with all new fixtures. This is a great hostel with very reasonable rates.

Great accommodation staff comfort cleanliness at a brilliant price

• 28th Mar 2015

Location nearby Quay Street with all the great Pubs and restaurant. Very modern interior in both our room and in the kitchen with big common room.

What a fabulous hostel! The staff were extremely kind and helpful. The rooms were clean with personal lock boxes under the beds. The ensuite was comparable to a hotel bathroom. The breakfast was minimal but good value for money (coffee, juice, toast, cereal). And the location, the location was absolutely perfect!! Highly recommended for anyone going on a weekend trip to lovely Galway :)

It was already my second stay at the hostel and I would come again.

• 21st Mar 2015

This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at and will be staying there again when I return to Galway. I recommend everyone to book with Savoy Hostel. The location is only about 3-5 minutes from the Central Bus Terminal and close to everything. The staff are bubbly, helpful and lovely and made me feel so welcome. The rooms are clean, the bedding is warm and cozy and the breakfast plentiful. I loved it and was sad to leave the Savoy and Galway. Keep up the great work guys!!!

Super clean hostel, within walking distance to everything you could ever ask for. I would highly recommend Savoy for others!

• 19th Mar 2015

During my time in Ireland, the Savoy Hostel was the best place I stayed. Incredible location, 50 m from downtown. Very clean. Great staff. Stay here.

• 18th Mar 2015

A great hostel in the heart of Galway. Staying there over St. Patrick's Day, they were very prepared for the madness that occurred. Staff were very friendly and helpful... even towards a group of drunken hooligans. Rooms were clean and the kitchen/common room was a great place to hang out. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone.

The atmosphere isn't great, and the rooms aren't either, but the price can't be beat and the hostel has the best location in town. It's an easy walk to the bus or train station, and it's pretty much right at the top of Shop Street, but away from all the noise there. Security is also really good. The front desk is manned 24/7, and if they don't recognize you as a guest, they ask questions (this was good since a lot of people were trying to sneak in on St. Patrick's Day).

Staff was very friendly and the hostel seemed to have a very organized system of running.

• 15th Mar 2015

You can see that it is a new place. The rooms are good and the bathrooms hotel-like. The common area is well equipped and somewhat homey. As this is a pretty large place it lacks some kind of atmosphere.

Very clean, safe place. Right by the centre and can walk everywhere. The kitchen had all the essentials and common room was a very chilled nice place to relax and meet other people. Will be back here next time!

I very much enjoyed my stay here at the Savoy hostel. The location was great and the hostel was very new and modern and clean. The staff were very helpful as well.

Excellent hostel. Rooms are clean and spacious. Each bed is equipped with a shelf with two plugs, a reading light and two USB ports. Would definitely stay again, nicest hostel I've stayed in,

• 27th Feb 2015

This hostel was an amazing place--more like a cheap hotel room. The beds had lights and USB plugs in them for personal use. The bathroom was incredibly nice with a rain shower. Overall, best hostel I have ever stayed in and I would certainly go back there again.

This is one of the cleanest, friendliest (Jill!!), most reasonably priced hostels I have stayed in. Location is ideal, carpet color is a bit wild, but I must say I am glad I stayed there! Not only would I stay there again, I did! I came back and stayed in a 6 bed female dorm after first being in a 4 bed mixed. Both good, clean. 102 I guess had a couple of charger/light issues in the bunk (but not in bed 6 where I stayed) but a different place in dublin had one outlet for 8 beds...stone ages!

• 3rd Feb 2015

Best hostel in Galway. The beds are great, very private with partitions, personal bed light and plugs for your phone. Very nice bathroom!

• 25th Jan 2015