Savoy Hostel Reviews

Eglinton Street, Galway City, Galway, Ireland

This hostel is ideal, because of its location. The facilities all seem fairly new, and the staff is okay. Breakfast is minimal. The rooms are warm.

• 13th Nov 2014

Nice clean place to spend a few nights. Great staff. Good location

• 8th Nov 2014

Very nice, clean and spacious rooms. Great location right next to Shop street and Eyre square. The staff were really nice and helpful.

A nice basic hostel. Clean and well kept. And a great location!

This is the jewel in the crown of hostels. Everything brand spanking new, in a great location with a fantastic staff. I enjoyed a most comfortable stay here. The breakfasts are better than most hostels. I hope to return soon.

Best hostel ever!

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel , only down side was loud room mates but I should have expected that . Great location , close to everything . Lovely place :)

• 25th Oct 2014

Pros: Great common room - huge Rooms were amazing - light and wall outlet for every bed, big bathroom Fantastic location Helpful staff Breakfast - decent Wifi was insanely good Cons: Only thing I didn't enjoy was there was a stain on the shower curtain that kiiiiiind of looked like blood? Threw me off a bit. Other than that, great stay. Can't express more that the wifi killed it and the individual wall outlets/light are spot on. OH! And the hair dryer. I was in heaven with that.

This place was absolutely great! Very friendly staff, clean close to the bus station! Highly recommend!

Definitely the place where to stay in Dublin. Excellent staff, helpful and cosy. Just a few minutes walking form the Spire and the main streets in downtown. The room I stayed was ok, maybe the only con has been the absence of plug-ins for mobile charging...anyway there are plenty in the common rooms.

Pluses: Location a minute-walk from the most central streets but is on a rather quiet street. New and very nice bathroom and shower, hotel-style. Underneath the beds were large personal drawers that could be locked. Small head light for each bed. Window shades were great for blocking out sunlight. Minuses: It was not so quiet in the room, I'm not sure whether that was from outside or inside. I found the kitchen and lounge way too busy and ended up not cooking there, which I had planed to do.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Thanks

• 8th Oct 2014

Best hostel. Stayed in a 6 bed female dorm. Only comment is that they could have had some fruit at breakfast.

I would definitely tell a friend to stay in this hostel! The staff were fantastic with answering my questions about the best fish n' chips in the city, and how to get to the proper bus station! Even the people in my room were full of great suggestions and very friendly! If you like a happily warm baguette with jam in the morning this is the place to go!

It's an awesome hostel. definitely coming back some day! both staff and guests are very friendly.

The best hostel I have ever seen and stayed in! Great infrastructure, perfect location, so clean, tidy and nice... The room (I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm) is spacious and comfortable, there are individual power sockets, light and usb ports in each bed, which is really handy. I loved the hangers on the side of the beds. The lockers under the beds are of great size. The bathrooms are big and there's even soap! The common room is comfortable, and the kitchen and breakfast are great! Well done!

Our room was great! I really liked how each bed had outlets and a light. The bathroom looked updated and everything seemed really clean.

• 25th Sep 2014

Close to everything, new hostel providing services that seem luxury after visiting other hostels. Including an ensuite, hair dryer, lights and electrical sockets for each bed. The washing machine / dryer is a little expensive at €8. The floor in the ensuite gets very wet with no floor mat to dry it. I would stay here again for sure.

Pretty good modern hostel. No complaints.

Had a great stay at this hostel. Will def stay there again if/when I go back to Galway.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4