Savoy Hostel Reviews

Eglinton Street, Galway City, Galway, Ireland

I generally do not stay in hostels, preferring to stretch it to a hotel if at all possible. However, I could not fault the Savoy hostel and will be staying again soon. It was clean, busy yet quite, relaxing and good value. This trip was not for pleasure, but for work related reasons- so I wasn't in a party mode. Still, at know point did I wish I had booked a more 'plush' hotel. When in the common area, you could easily mistake the savoy for a small three star hotel. Highly recommend a stay.

• 14th Jul 2014

Stayed one night here with a group of 5 friends. Brand new hostel, was very nice and clean and modern. Rooms were spacious and had a great en-suite bathroom and shower. Beds were comfy and had a great bunk light/power plug/usb charger which was really useful so everyone has there own plugs at each bunk. The price also includes a continental breakfast of cereal, toast, coffee and juice. Would recommend this to all. Great stay

• 11th Jul 2014

I highly recommend this hostel due to its facilities and location - just in the city centre. It's brand new, the rooms are large and the beds have their own plug\light panel. The ensuite bathroom is modern. I will definitely come back!!

Excellent location, guy at reception was very helpful (recommended a superb place to get a steak) and Pool table is always a welcome sight for me though 2euro a game is a bit much. Great place and will be back soon

• 10th Jul 2014

This is the best hostel I've stayed at. The bed was so comfortable and clean. The bathroom was really clean and new. The common room was comfy and had a great atmosphere and a great place to meet others.

This place was amaaazing. It reminded me of a hotel more than a hostel. The rooms were super clean and nice and a locker was provided under each bed. LOTS of space in the rooms! Each bed has its own light, two usb ports, and an outlet for a regular charger. The hang out area is very nice. Kitchen is small but new. They need a larger fridge. The room I stayed in was near an alley and very noisy at night but otherwise my stay was great. Couldn't recommend this place enough.

My friend and me stayed in the hostel for one night, I tried different hostel before but this one was good The room was correct (we slept in a girl bedroom) and the bathroom was quite ok and the price is more than correct (with breakfast include). The staff was nice and helpful. The location of the hostel is perfect, only 1 minute walk from the main street with a lot of pubs, shops, restaurants, buses.. If I must come back to Galway, I'll definitely come back to this hostel.

• 21st Jun 2014

Great hostel!!!! I guess it's pretty new but everything works great, the staff are really helpful and nice. This could be called a luxury hostel since the beds are comfortable enough to get a really good night's sleep.

The facility was clean and so much nicer than we had expected. My group's only complaint is that we booked a Cliffs of Moher day tour through Savoy, and picked up a specific brochure telling the staff member which tour we wanted to take. The next day when we showed up for our tour, we found out that we were on a completely different tour that ended up costing more, and got us back to Galway 15 minutes before our bus left for Dublin. The lack of communication threw us off.

• 20th Jun 2014

I love the large bathroom space that was inside each room. The beds were comfy, the area was very clean, and the common room was nicely set up! The only thing that was a little disappointing was one member of the staff, he was not helpful. We were waiting in line to order tickets for a bus tour, and he served the drunk people behind us before us, allowing them to mess with his things behind the desk. He then proceeded to sell us the wrong bus tour. We almost missed our bus back to Dublin.

• 20th Jun 2014

The facilities are excellent/standard of accommodation/quality of bed is high. I would definetely stay here again but one thing needs to be addressed. The standard of staff: they are too young, unexperienced and are having a direct effect on the overall service encounter of staying in this first class hostel. On checking in, no eye contact made, very little welcome, mumbling, not respectful of customers privacy (another party was checking in at the same time), and grumpy in breakfast room.

• 20th Jun 2014

Beautiful bathroom - clean and modern. The beds were comfortable and had individual lights within them. Location was great as well. No complaints.

• 13th Jun 2014

I stayed at the Savoy for one night, and was extremely happy. I planned a last minute trip with a few friends, who each had separate bookings & were in different rooms, which we were fine with. When we all arrived together, the guys at the front desk went above and beyond to put us all in the same room, which they absolutely didn't have to do. The facilities were great- clean rooms, big luggage lockers, and amazing bathrooms. Didn't spend too much time in the common areas, but it looked nice

Great place to stay in Galway!

Hostel was very nice, probably the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in. However, my bathroom shower drain did not drain and as a result our room was flooded and always wet. That needs to be fixed, or at the very least put up a ring around the shower so the water stays in the area. Breakfast was very spartan, I have been in 3rd world countries that give you more food and more variety, definitely should have gone out to eat.

Really enjoyable stay; great location,the staff were very helpful,rooms were nice and the shower was great! The only downside was that there wasn't much going on in the common room while we stayed there.

• 28th May 2014

Very fresh hostel! But the wifi was pretty poorly. Clean

Great common room, loved the ensuite bathrooms. Lots of nice details like hairdryers in rooms and lots of electrical outlets! Staff were super friendly and helpful.

Super clean, super new, great staff and nice breakfast. Some rooms are only for 3 people apparently, not 4. USB and light in each bed.

Everything was excellent. It looked like a brand new hotel inside. Also breakfast was excellent. Freshly ground coffee and soft drink/ juice/ water machine was impressive. I stayed the female dorm. Comfortable mattress and it had plug sockets and an individual light inside of each bunks. A few drunken Americans were screaming from 2 am to 4 am. You can't do anything with it even if you stay in a 5 start hotel. A girl next my bunk told me it never happened before so I recommend earplugs.

• 21st May 2014