Savoy Hostel Reviews

Eglinton Street, Galway City, Galway, Ireland

This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at and will be staying there again when I return to Galway. I recommend everyone to book with Savoy Hostel. The location is only about 3-5 minutes from the Central Bus Terminal and close to everything. The staff are bubbly, helpful and lovely and made me feel so welcome. The rooms are clean, the bedding is warm and cozy and the breakfast plentiful. I loved it and was sad to leave the Savoy and Galway. Keep up the great work guys!!!

Super clean hostel, within walking distance to everything you could ever ask for. I would highly recommend Savoy for others!

• 19th Mar 2015

During my time in Ireland, the Savoy Hostel was the best place I stayed. Incredible location, 50 m from downtown. Very clean. Great staff. Stay here.

• 18th Mar 2015

A great hostel in the heart of Galway. Staying there over St. Patrick's Day, they were very prepared for the madness that occurred. Staff were very friendly and helpful... even towards a group of drunken hooligans. Rooms were clean and the kitchen/common room was a great place to hang out. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone.

Staff was very friendly and the hostel seemed to have a very organized system of running.

• 15th Mar 2015

You can see that it is a new place. The rooms are good and the bathrooms hotel-like. The common area is well equipped and somewhat homey. As this is a pretty large place it lacks some kind of atmosphere.

Very clean, safe place. Right by the centre and can walk everywhere. The kitchen had all the essentials and common room was a very chilled nice place to relax and meet other people. Will be back here next time!

Excellent hostel. Rooms are clean and spacious. Each bed is equipped with a shelf with two plugs, a reading light and two USB ports. Would definitely stay again, nicest hostel I've stayed in,

• 27th Feb 2015

This hostel was an amazing place--more like a cheap hotel room. The beds had lights and USB plugs in them for personal use. The bathroom was incredibly nice with a rain shower. Overall, best hostel I have ever stayed in and I would certainly go back there again.

This is one of the cleanest, friendliest (Jill!!), most reasonably priced hostels I have stayed in. Location is ideal, carpet color is a bit wild, but I must say I am glad I stayed there! Not only would I stay there again, I did! I came back and stayed in a 6 bed female dorm after first being in a 4 bed mixed. Both good, clean. 102 I guess had a couple of charger/light issues in the bunk (but not in bed 6 where I stayed) but a different place in dublin had one outlet for 8 beds...stone ages!

• 3rd Feb 2015

Best hostel in Galway. The beds are great, very private with partitions, personal bed light and plugs for your phone. Very nice bathroom!

• 25th Jan 2015

This is actually the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. The location is super central and easy to find, it is incredibly clean and they provide breakfast! I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 23rd Jan 2015

it was great to stay in this hostel with my friends...we will defos stay there again

The breakfast is very poor!

Really great hostel! For my friends and me, the best one till now!! Rooms are nice and cozy, never had problems with anything in there...kitchen, living room are sweet, breakfast is also ok... Have to mention the staff that was really helpful and nice (Kevin the man!) No noise at night time and you are 43 steps from the center :) Goinn to Galway, pick Savoy hostel!! Cheers!!!

Everything is new and very well thought out. Nice design to the place.

• 26th Dec 2014

Agood suprise, specially because of the location and price.

• 13th Dec 2014

We spent a really great time on this hostel, clean, not expensive and in city center, all was perfect !

• 12th Dec 2014

Beutifull rooms, comfortable beds with electricity, usb and a reading light mounted to the beds.

great sized bedrooms and facilities. a 2 minute walk from city night life. I was really impresses with how comfortable and warm bedrooms were, plus there was ample space to get ready and store bags away. my favourite hostel I have stayed in Galway and I have stayed in most.