Savoy Hostel Reviews

Eglinton Street, Galway City, Galway, Ireland

Our room was great! I really liked how each bed had outlets and a light. The bathroom looked updated and everything seemed really clean.

• 25th Sep 2014

Close to everything, new hostel providing services that seem luxury after visiting other hostels. Including an ensuite, hair dryer, lights and electrical sockets for each bed. The washing machine / dryer is a little expensive at €8. The floor in the ensuite gets very wet with no floor mat to dry it. I would stay here again for sure.

Pretty good modern hostel. No complaints.

Had a great stay at this hostel. Will def stay there again if/when I go back to Galway.

This was my first stay at the Savoy.I was very impressed. I stayed in 6 bed girls dorm.I loved all the plugs and light over my bed. The shower was excellent. I use to stay kinlay.I will always stay at the Savoy now. Loved it and breakfast was served till 11am. Awesome!

This is by far the best hostel i ve ever been ! The staff is very friendly and helpful.

VERY CLEAN,MODERN,STAFF VERY FRIENDLY, LOCATION EXCELLENT,VALUE FOR MONEY

• 1st Sep 2014

I really like this hostel but the atmosphere is not actually similar to other hostels. I don t know the reason. Maybe because it s small hostel or because it is not promoted as a real youth hostel but as a serius accommodation-most similar to a hotel.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Greece

I cannot say enough about this place. By far one of the nicest hostels I have stayed in. The rooms were very big and clean. Each bed has several power outlets and a head lamp. There is wifi throughout the hostel, even in the rooms which is great. The ensuite bathrooms were great, very clean. The common room is large and cozy with lots of couches and chairs. It is super close to the city centre and lots of attractions. I would for sure stay here again and recommend it to anyone!

Really enjoyed my stay. I would stay there again. Very comfortable sitting room with a relaxed atmosphere.

Everything great! Go for it!

This hostel felt new and fresh. It had all the amenities (hair dryer and mirrors in the room), a nice and spacious ensuite bathroom, good breakfast, nice community area with a lot of space and games, the rooms were large and the bunk beds are more private than most other hostels! Great hostel, would stay here again!

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in, and I've just been travelling Europe for three months. It's really new and has great facilities. Power points galore in the rooms, really big lockers under the beds, individual bed lights, 3 mirrors in the room, ensuite bathroom. The fitout looks more like a hotel. Breakfast is free and good for the price of the hostel. Only a 5 to 10 minute walk from the train station. The room has a coffee table, window seat and cushions in it. Great choice.

Great hostel. Clean and cofortable. Big and well equipped rooms with bathroom. The staff was really helpfull. You can book tours at reception, leave your luggage before check in/after check out. Good breakfast included. Maybe not so quiet at night sometimes (there's a night club nearby) but a great stay anyway.

One of the best hostels I've ever been until now. Everything new and clean, lot of details to make your easy like usb power charger and small light for each bed in the header. So handy :)

Very quiet and clean hostel in a fabulous location. We enjoyed our stay at this hostel, however we didn't feel the usual hostel atmosphere which may be important for people travelling solo.

Excellent place! is situades in city center and the facilities are great! I strongly recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Had a great stay, couldn't complain about anything. very accommodating.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Very new hostel. Sturdy long beds, i'm 6'4" and was able to fit fine. individual power outlets for each bed with a light and USB sockets. The common room was clean, bright and with good quality furniture. The breakfast was basic but good quality, with a good coffee machine.

super location