Savoy Hostel Reviews

Eglinton Street, Galway City, Galway, Ireland

Should be able to do without key security on breakfast room door

A friend of mine suggested me to go Savoy during my stay in Galway and I absolutely loved it! It was clean, the bathroom was within the bedroom, the room was spacious and bright, the staff was excellend and they also offered me a free towel when I asked for it even it the costed €2. The locked room where I left my luggage during the day was safe and the common room had a fantastic and super colourful design! I also heard seagulls calls in the morning and I absolutely loved it. €25 were worth.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Romania

Friendly staff, room was very clean, massive bathroom. Nightporter had breakfast ready for me because I'd to leave early in the morning. Everything was tasty and fresh. Love this place.

Location , security and the facilities were great. The staff was nice enough, however I felt that the common room lacked some atmosphere, maybe you could have some music or so. But overall, it was a good experience.

Exeeded all expectations!

• 15th Jul 2015

Wonderful, clean, modern hostel with all the amenities. The only way it could get better is with a slightly larger range in breakfast! Amazing place to stay!

Some wardrobes or shelf spaces in the rooms would be very nice. But the only possibility to keep the luggage was the kind of drawer under the bed, which was very inconvenient.

• 12th Jul 2015

Not one complaint! Friendly staff, clean bathrooms, modern facilities, locker / charger / nightlight per bed. Great location!

It was really quiet when I was there in the middle of the week, but I was alone in my dorm and that's always a bonus. It did lack atmosphere, I am sure that there are times when it's more alive than that. Location is excellent, just next to Eyre Square and the old city, and all the pubs and restaurants. Tables in the common room tended to be always dirty, but the room and ensuite bathroom were clean.

I had a nice stay here, I was in a 6 bedroom dorm and it was v quiet and relaxed despite being in the heart of the city.The only faults i would have is there is only one pillow per bed and no spare pillows anywhere (but its not a hotel,so i was ok with that) and although there are lockers under each bunkbed you cannot buy any locks there and must bring your own (i forgot mine and went to find one).V tiny silly things really and overall its a v good hostel.

• 6th Jul 2015

I really liked the hostel. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2015

So clean! Sturdy, firm, and quiet bunk beds. Hair dryer included. Bathroom in dorm rather than down the hall. Cool and relaxing atmosphere! I highly recommend it!

Nicest hostel in Galway

• 26th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Clean room, beautiful bathroom, great common area, short walk to Latin Quarter, efficient staff. Would absolutely stay here again.

Great facility with reading lights, charging station in bunk. Locked storage under bunk. The staff went above and beyond to be warm and helpful to me, an older woman traveling by myself. Great place!!

I think the hostel is great

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • China

Great location, great staff, comfortable rooms. Would definitely stay here again

This is a fantastic hostel, very new facilities and everything is clean and tidy. There are individual power outlets for each bed which is soooo convenient. The lockers underneath the bed made me feel very secure and kept the room tidy. Wifi is great, location is superb, friendly staff. Literally no complaints about this place, probably the best hostel we have stayed at.

Great facilities, clean room and bathroom plus the common area was always tidy and welcoming. I had a brilliant time in Galway and staying at Savoys was a big part of that. Thank you!

• 21st Jun 2015

When we got there, check in was easy and quick, however my bed had no sheets on it and needed to be changed. The bathrooms could use a bath mat as it can get really wet and dirty if in a shared room. We would have had a better stay if our roommates were considerate and didn't take over the room and all the shared space but that's not the hostel's fault. Overall, decent stay.

• 19th Jun 2015