Savoy Hostel Reviews

Eglinton Street, Galway City, Galway, Ireland

Great hostel all around, staff where very helpful with anything we asked of them. defiantly recommend the hostel to anyone thinking about heading to Galway.

• 22nd Jan 2016

Fantastic hostel and in a perfect location.It's so bright and welcoming. Rooms are big with lovely ensuites. The common room is great. Everything was new and modern. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Was in Galway for New Years week, had an excellent stay the whole time I was there. Staff were friendly and knowledgable, location is brilliant, good deals on day tours and other recommendations. All around, a very pleasant stay. Safe, clean and friendly. Highly recommend it. Bonus: unlike other hostels I've stayed at the washer and dryer can actually fit a weeks worth of laundry.

• 28th Dec 2015

I really enjoyed the stay in Savoy hostel and if I travel to Galway again, I'll be sure to pick the same hostel. I do have a critic about the toilets in the rooms. They don't seem to have toilet brushes (or maybe it was just the one I was in), but this was a minor setback. I also have a second minor critic about the breakfast. Whilst there is alot of food and drinks to eat, I have been in same priced hostels that also offered vegetables, fruits and eggs for example. Just for consideration.

This is the best hostel I have ever used. 5 of us booked the mixed 6 bed room (ensuite, with shower/bathroom and hair dryer,desk for girls to put on make-up) Everywhere is warm in the hostel, the minute you walked into the hostel, you feel warm. The bed was clean, they have plugs and reading light for every bed. The common room is clean and warm, it opens for 24 hours, so you can party after the bars are closed. The sofa was very comfortable too. The location was also great.

The dorms are really well thought-out, with two plug sockets, a reading light, and USB cable ports at each bed. There was a really big, comfortable common room (atmosphere was a bit quiet, but that might have been just because of the time of year), but the kitchen was a bit small. The staff, however, were amazing - so friendly and helpful, answering my many and constant questions and helping me beyond what their job requires. I had a really good stay here.

Galway is pretty compact and the hostel is in between the city center and the bus station- quite convenient. Kitchen is good. Breakfast is pretty standard for Irish hostels.

Great hostel.rooms are very spacious.nice facilities.amazing common room.great staff very helpful.

This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Fantastic location, friendly staff, and everything was brand new! It really felt more like a hotel than a hostel. The common area is huge, with free computer use and a well stocked (and clean) kitchen, and the rooms all have really nice ensuite bathrooms. Beds were comfortable and clean, and each bunk had its own reading light and plug in, which was great! Cant recommend this place enough.

Place was amazing and very accommodating. Staff was friendly and gave me loads of things to do in the city. Had an amazing experience. Very clean. Will definately use Savoy again!

Just alright. Way overpriced on the weekends. €8 to wash and dry laundry yourself which is pretty steep (although I will say the machines did a good job, especially the dryer). There isn't much of an atmosphere, I think because many guests are actually students... so very relaxed, chill feeling in the common room. Breakfast is decent, location is excellent. I would stay again.

This hostel is amazing met really awesome people and it has a good chill area:)

• 8th Nov 2015
  • South Africa

Possibly the best hostel we've ever stayed in. The staff were all friendly, security is with a swipe card and they don't require a key deposit. there are individual lockers under the bunks (bring own lock). The rooms were massive with large ensuite. The bunks were spacious with own light, 2 powerpoints AND 2 usb plugs per person, PLUS other powerpoints around the room. This is unheard of! There is a large common area. Breakfast standard continental plus yoghurt and fruit, excellent!

Everyone was incredibly friendly. It was perfectly located and very well priced. We also enjoyed the size of the bunks and the cleanliness of the rooms. Thanks for a great stay!

• 26th Oct 2015

Very clean. Friendly helpful staff. Place is like a hotel in a lot of respects. It's right across the road from all the good spots.

wow. what a place, it's all over the map. the beds are pretty good, helpful staff, great location. the common area is happening, maybe too much so considering the drugs being laid out on the tables at night. it's fun, just be aware there's all kinds of people coming through. best get to the pubs.

Really nice hostel. Great common room, hence easy to meet people... Good beds with great individual light and USB charging ports... Clean and secure. Breakfast was basic, but nice that it's included. All in all a good stay.

Enjoyed pod style bunks. Ensure bathrooms were gorgeous. Kitchen was small. Could use some communal/shared toilets, as it was difficult to go to the toilet if someone else in your room is showering

An amazing place to stay and the price is unbelievable! The staff are very helpful and helped me find the best ways to get around and do all of the things that I wanted to. The location is superb being just a 2 minute walk from the main strip downtown. The hostel was cleaned everyday and was spotless and the security was too much. 100% recommend and will definitely be back!

Fantastic staff and a lovely place to be! only compliant is that our shower and sink didn't drain correctly 100% of the time

« first « Prev 1 2 3