Savoy Hostel Reviews

Eglinton Street, Galway City, Galway, Ireland

This hostel felt new and fresh. It had all the amenities (hair dryer and mirrors in the room), a nice and spacious ensuite bathroom, good breakfast, nice community area with a lot of space and games, the rooms were large and the bunk beds are more private than most other hostels! Great hostel, would stay here again!

Great hostel. Clean and cofortable. Big and well equipped rooms with bathroom. The staff was really helpfull. You can book tours at reception, leave your luggage before check in/after check out. Good breakfast included. Maybe not so quiet at night sometimes (there's a night club nearby) but a great stay anyway.

One of the best hostels I've ever been until now. Everything new and clean, lot of details to make your easy like usb power charger and small light for each bed in the header. So handy :)

Very quiet and clean hostel in a fabulous location. We enjoyed our stay at this hostel, however we didn't feel the usual hostel atmosphere which may be important for people travelling solo.

Excellent place! is situades in city center and the facilities are great! I strongly recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Had a great stay, couldn't complain about anything. very accommodating.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Very new hostel. Sturdy long beds, i'm 6'4" and was able to fit fine. individual power outlets for each bed with a light and USB sockets. The common room was clean, bright and with good quality furniture. The breakfast was basic but good quality, with a good coffee machine.

super location

I saw people constantly cleaning, the staff is always helpful and kind. The only issue was my roommates. Seriously people, be respectful when sharing a room with others!!

Great hostel! Very nice bathrooms. I definitely recommend staying here.

IT WAS A NICE HOSTEL BUT THE ONLY INCONVENIENT ABOUT OUR ROOM NUMBER 102 WAS THAT IT WAS FACE TO AN UNKNOWN ESTABLISHEMENT AND WE COULD NOT SLEEP BEAUCOUP THE POEPLE FACE TO US WERE TALKING ALL NIGHT LONG !!! AN ADRESS I WILL RECOMMEND FOR SURE ! I did and gave it to many other travellers when I left Galway for Connemara; I will be back again, I hope SOON ! In summer could you give us sheets ???

Everything brand new and clean, therefore very pleasant to stay in. Threre weren't many people, so it was also nicely calm! Very nice breakfast with great coffee and perfect design of common areas! Definately great choice!

I'm stolen my cash 300EURO in my room T.T

I generally do not stay in hostels, preferring to stretch it to a hotel if at all possible. However, I could not fault the Savoy hostel and will be staying again soon. It was clean, busy yet quite, relaxing and good value. This trip was not for pleasure, but for work related reasons- so I wasn't in a party mode. Still, at know point did I wish I had booked a more 'plush' hotel. When in the common area, you could easily mistake the savoy for a small three star hotel. Highly recommend a stay.

• 14th Jul 2014

Stayed one night here with a group of 5 friends. Brand new hostel, was very nice and clean and modern. Rooms were spacious and had a great en-suite bathroom and shower. Beds were comfy and had a great bunk light/power plug/usb charger which was really useful so everyone has there own plugs at each bunk. The price also includes a continental breakfast of cereal, toast, coffee and juice. Would recommend this to all. Great stay

• 11th Jul 2014

I highly recommend this hostel due to its facilities and location - just in the city centre. It's brand new, the rooms are large and the beds have their own plug\light panel. The ensuite bathroom is modern. I will definitely come back!!

Excellent location, guy at reception was very helpful (recommended a superb place to get a steak) and Pool table is always a welcome sight for me though 2euro a game is a bit much. Great place and will be back soon

This is the best hostel I've stayed at. The bed was so comfortable and clean. The bathroom was really clean and new. The common room was comfy and had a great atmosphere and a great place to meet others.

This place was amaaazing. It reminded me of a hotel more than a hostel. The rooms were super clean and nice and a locker was provided under each bed. LOTS of space in the rooms! Each bed has its own light, two usb ports, and an outlet for a regular charger. The hang out area is very nice. Kitchen is small but new. They need a larger fridge. The room I stayed in was near an alley and very noisy at night but otherwise my stay was great. Couldn't recommend this place enough.

My friend and me stayed in the hostel for one night, I tried different hostel before but this one was good The room was correct (we slept in a girl bedroom) and the bathroom was quite ok and the price is more than correct (with breakfast include). The staff was nice and helpful. The location of the hostel is perfect, only 1 minute walk from the main street with a lot of pubs, shops, restaurants, buses.. If I must come back to Galway, I'll definitely come back to this hostel.

• 21st Jun 2014