Sawasdee Welcome Inn Reviews

5-7 Soi Rongmai, Chao Fa Rd., Phanakorn, Bkk., Bangkok, Thailand

We had been travelling for a few weeks before we arrived here but this was the first place where we were bitten during the night. Woke up covered in bites. Location was the best thing about it, if you wanna be near khao San road and the main sights of Bangkok. Only 3 people in the room so the fans were enough to keep us cool. Cold shower, dirty rooms. Ok for budget travellers. Bring bug spray.

This hostel/ hotel is rubbish. I booked by mistake as I was recommended by a friend to book Sawasdee Hostel, this is not it. Beware, there are lots of hostel/ hotels with Sawasdee in the title. I arrived early but did not expect to check in. The man at reception told me to come back at 11am, I did and met the next receptionist. She said I could not check in and come back at 2. I did, then she gave me the wrong room and bed that someone was already in. She was extremely unhelpful and rude. BAD.

This hostel was awfull ! Not nice, expensive for what it is, no connection in the dorm, you have to go downstairs, and employees are unice as possible. You should go to the hostel the Flapping Duck close to the river, so much better.

• 19th Feb 2014

The hostel has an excellent location, very close to the Khao san rd. Some of the staff could be little bit friendlier, but otherwise no complaints, worth the money!

The location is ok. It is very close to the Kao San roud. However, or you pass through a dirty street and inside a bar, or you walk a little more. One of the receptionists barely speaks English and couldn't even point the direction of the Gran Palace, located 5 blocks from the Hostel. There are better places with the same price in the region.

worst guestghouse ever. i booked a doubleroom but i only got a single room which was full of cockroaches.

• 4th Feb 2014

Cheap and basic. 50% rating is fair. You should be able to handle it for a couple of nights. Stay in this place if you're low on cash and don't mind roughing it a bit. The place is just about clean enough, though there are a few stains here and there. The bedrooms are pretty cramped. My mate managed to pull a ladder off a bunk bed. The showers are pretty cold. The mattresses are just about alright. The staff do the job but aren't particularly friendly. 5/10 mins from Khao San Road.

The Hostel did not tell how to go there, so we lost 1 hour just looking for the hostel.

• 4th Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

You must be the most ignorant person if you get a lot of bad reviews and dont change anything at all. we literally found every single complaint of earlier reviews. Dorm was bigger than booked / dorm should have AC but just had fans / booking should include breakfast but didnt. / no cleaning in 3 days as i confronted the staff, the next fact of the reviews showed up: the "i dont give a f*****g s**t" attitude. book at Rainbow guesthouse (closer to Khao San Road and just a few baht more)