Sax Hostel Reviews

Eipprova 7, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Sax Hostel was a great place to rest my head for my one night in Ljubljana. The staff was friendly and even had my room ready for me early. I had a restful night and could keep my bag there the next day until my train arrived. Definitely recommend!

simple and effective. thank you.

• 10th Nov 2014

Friendly staff, no kitchen, clean bathroom, not in the centre of the city and not much of a social vibe - no common area. Comfy beds and covers.

Nice hostel with cute attached bar full of locals. Only a couple of minutes walk from the old centre

This hostel was really not pleasant. The room was incredibly small and not that clean. The wood panelling above the bed had bugs crawling out of it which dropped onto the bed at night. The shower was broken so didn't stay up which was not easy to use if you are over 4ft. Even though you can hear the doorbell throughout the building we had to wait for another guest to turn up to let us in and find the owner sat in the office. I would not recommend this place

really nice hostel. great location, friendly staff. one possible issue is that there is an entrance bell that sounds over the entirety of the hallway (if somebody rings it at night, it will wake you up). but otherwise it's a really nice place.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Poland

My one big complaint is they let a bunch of loud kids stay here one night, so it felt like a grade school slumber party. Other than that, nice staff and central location.

I've been twice in Sax Hostel. The first because i liked so much. The second because i loved! :) It's not far from the center of lubiana, just 5 minutes of walk. The staff is very gentle. The rooms with 10 beds is so cool. The pub under our room is very beautiful and always full of people outside... but it's quite.. Perfect! :) Closed to the hostel there is river and is very silent place... where you can go to relax a bit. So, this is a very good hostel. :) thanks for everything

The hostel is located in a quieter area of Ljubljana but it's only a 10 minute walk to the town centre. There is no kitchen or common room though, so there is little atmosphere, although there is a bar associated.

This I'd the least pretentious hostel I've ever been to. Staff is awesome, comfy beds, great place

A very nice hostel with great staff and facilities. The rooms are nice and there aren't bunk beds. However as a solo traveler the atmosphere was a little lacking despite the hostels bar.

A clean friendly hostel, with a cool bar out the front and only a short walk to the heart of the city.

• 4th Sep 2014

Just an OK hostel. No kitchen, no social common area to hang out (there is a bar attached to the hostel but it was totally empty that night), and a bit removed from the city centre. The rooms were clean and simple. Ljubljana is a fun city and it would've been nice to have a hostel with a more fun atmosphere.

It's not a bad place, but the whole thing feels a bit dead, even though it's behind a bar. It's a little bit out the way too. The staff I met were really nice and helpful and the bar itself is really cool, but cool and quiet. I think I chose it for the sax jazz novelty.

Pretty nice hostel

Great hostel, only downside was that there was no kitchen

Nice jazzy interior design , great bar with terrace and live music 2times a week in front with superb waitress(Anja), beds are very comfy and the place is really clean. 10 min walk along the river and you are win a very centre by "the 3 bridges". The owners are very kind and helpful

• 24th Aug 2014

Excellet hostel. So friendly! Great small size so feels like a hotel/guesthouse, but still lively downstairs with the bar. Would definitely recommend

• 20th Aug 2014

Very convenient hostel. Our hosts were very kind. The bar on the street was in the same friendshipness spirit.

Absolutely awesome!!! If you are looking for the perfect place to chill and escape from reality in Ljubljana, Sax Hostel is probably the one! The personnel is really nice the bar plays mixes of old rock, jazz, reggae/dub... the drinks are cheap, the ambiance is calm and relax and it's located really close to the city center. Probably the best hostel I've ever experienced. My only regret is that I stayed only one night. Thank you so much Sax Hostel. I'll be back soon!