Sax Hostel Reviews

Eipprova 7, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Nice location, a close walk to the central area. The pub is connected, the music can be heard through the walls at night, but was not a bother for us. Bar staff extremely nice and helpful.

Sax hostel is a free spirited place. Extremely easy going and according to my multinational dorm neighbours a very friendly place to all and any kind of travellers. I guess the pub, which is a part of the hostel does contribute to the whole experience. I spent the evening there and the hostel/pub crew were just amazing. Very,very friendly, open folk. I had all together a great time. So thumbs up Sax hostel, keep up the good work (and you have to because I recommended you to a bunch of friends :)

I rarely take the effort to review hostels, but I think Sax Hostel deserves a special mention. I cannot recollect where I have last seen such value for money: central location, clean dorms and common bathrooms, and an extremely gracious and well-organized staff. The hostel feels more like a boutique hotel with a jazz vibe a than it does a backpacker haven. And as female traveler, I felt very safe. Thank you Sax, for making my Ljubljana visit special!

• 21st Feb 2014

bed bugs! had to ask for new sheets in the middle of the night when i woke up with bugs on me!!!! hard to meet people as there is no common area

we did an intense search and couldn't find any bed bugs. despite no findings , we let the whole room to be desinsected. Maybe the lady was bitten by another kind of insect. We do deeply apologize for this and regret any inconvenience caused .wethe management

Excellent place to stay, location is good as only a short walk to the heart of metropolitan Ljubljana, clean and quiet also and a very efficient and helpful reception, good value for money and would recommend.

Really beautiful and unique hostel, art work is fantastic. Stayed out of season with only one other person staying in the hostel so it's hard to assess the atmosphere at peak times of year. All single beds, is a relief to be out of bunkbeds after months of hostels. No kitchen, only hot water available in neighbouring bar. Makes it difficult to take advantage of the super market a few doors down. Good location, walking distant from plenty tourist activities.

The hostel was really cool and the staff particularly nice and welcoming : Mateja helped me to feel like at home and was very kind to help me with my needs for cleaning my clothes, finding nice bars, the internet ...