Sax Hostel Reviews

Eipprova 7, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Excellent location within walking distance of sights, clean, secure and great value for money. Negatives - paper thin walls so anyone walking by your room sounds like their IN your room. Too few bathroom and shower facilities. On my floor one shower and 2 toilets for approx 20 guests. Rooms are a little claustrophobic and stuffy. However the pub downstairs has a great friendly atmosphere and is a great place to hang out. No kitchen or common room. Laundry service next door Is excellent.

Small and cozy hostel situated 5-10 min walk from Ljubljana city centre. The lady running the hostel was very helpful and kind. Only negative I have to say is that a small part of the wooden floor just outside our dorm squeaked when you walked on it.

No one was in the office when I arrived so the staff at the pub had to ring them. No common room - only a couch in the hallway.

Friendly staff, a little bit of a walk to town, but decent patio bar and large, clean rooms. Would stay again.

Not a bad hostel but not a good one either. It lacked the "hostel" feeling that many backpackers look for. Honestly if you're looking for a place to rest your head then its fine, if you want to party and/or meet new people I suggest going elsewhere.

It doesn't have a kitchen, but it's the only drawback I found. Great place.

All in all a great experience, very friendly staff! Would have enjoyed a common room and kitchen, but you can socialize in the Sax pub downstairs!

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

The location was great, right next to the river and on a fun street of different bars and cafés. Staff was helpful at recommending places to go for food, etc. the four bed room was a bit squished but the bed was comfortable. The dorm rooms looked to have more space thought. I'd recommend to stay here.

The location of this hostel is perfect right next to the the river in Ljubljana....The hostel itself however really needs a kitchen so you do not have to eat out all the time. Quite a shame since it is right next to a grocery store. A common room would be nice too.

Absolutely brilliant, couldn't ask for more. What this hostel lacks in a 'common area' it makes up for with an excellent small bar serving coffee in the morning, and turns into a bar from afternoon onwards. Great location. Just out of the city centre - 5 mins walk along the river.

• 30th May 2014

Really Nice pub crawl!! Really likes it!

A little further from the train station but Jlubjlana is such a small place...Huuuuge beds compared to other hostels and more comfortable too...Mateja was awesome and really gave me a lot of info on where to go in slovenia to get the best experience without being surrounded by tourists...hot showers and laid back atmosphere in the bar out front where you can meet so many locals who are so friendly..if you're lucky like me, you might even enjoy a VIP night at top 6..I can't dance, but it was fun!

No curtains in the room, which in summer is a problem. No catering facilities beyond a shared kettle (no fridge!). Poor WiFi - had to be by the door for a decent connection. Nice position in Ljubljana - quiet area, but 25 min walk to train station. Pub next door was quietly audible, but low level (occasional gigs can be louder). Hostel was quiet (not a party hostel). Room was a double, but quite small - only really big enough for sleeping in. Free hairdryer and (small) towel was a bonus.

I loved this place! It felt like home! I would defintely go back. Its extremely clean and has everything you need for a nice stay. It has a Jazz bar really cool and there are sometimes Jazz bands playing. Armin, at the bar, was so nice! An excelent place to stay. Dont miss it!

Sax Hostel is a great place to stay. Awesome location (small hike from the train station). Easy to walk everywhere. The staff we encountered were fantastic and offered many suggestions for things to do while in town. I will stay here again and am already planning my trip back!!

An excellent stay. The bedding was extremely comfortable, and it was a luxury having a feather duvet away from home. The showers and toilet facilities were some of the best we'd seen.

I've stayed in a double room!Really clean,comfortable and the shower is good! Good location, 5min walking from the center and the pub downstairs is really cool! Just think they should put a blinder on the window, after 6:30 is really bright the room!

Nice location, a close walk to the central area. The pub is connected, the music can be heard through the walls at night, but was not a bother for us. Bar staff extremely nice and helpful.

Sax hostel is a free spirited place. Extremely easy going and according to my multinational dorm neighbours a very friendly place to all and any kind of travellers. I guess the pub, which is a part of the hostel does contribute to the whole experience. I spent the evening there and the hostel/pub crew were just amazing. Very,very friendly, open folk. I had all together a great time. So thumbs up Sax hostel, keep up the good work (and you have to because I recommended you to a bunch of friends :)

I rarely take the effort to review hostels, but I think Sax Hostel deserves a special mention. I cannot recollect where I have last seen such value for money: central location, clean dorms and common bathrooms, and an extremely gracious and well-organized staff. The hostel feels more like a boutique hotel with a jazz vibe a than it does a backpacker haven. And as female traveler, I felt very safe. Thank you Sax, for making my Ljubljana visit special!

• 21st Feb 2014