Sax Hostel Reviews

Eipprova 7, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Loved the sax hostel! Great pub downstairs and nice comfy spacious rooms! Very clean also. No kitchen but very cheap to eat out anyway! Would definitely be back. Oh. And you have to try a toasty in the pub. Awesome!

The loveliest staff you'll ever meet. Situated above a really nice pub that has lots of cool people to talk to. I was in the largest dorm there in the attic but still it looked really nice and was very spacious. You get a free padlock for the locker next to your bed. Free tea and maps. I can't give this place enough praise.

Great clean place. Very pretty and nice. Has a nice bar outside, very popular among the locals it seems. A short stroll to the city, I like it that it's not quite in the middle. Would be great if every bed had its own electrical point, also some introduction to the city would be great instead of just showing us our rooms.

The Sax Hostel is a good experience. While the rooms are small and there isn't much common space in the hostel, the Sax Pub out front is a great meeting place for travelers. The hostel is a short walk to Ljubljana so seeing the city is easy.

Pretty clean, a little crowded. Other than the bar (which has a lot of outdoor seating but not much indoors), there wasn't really anywhere to hang out. The bedrooms were a little more crowded than the average hostel but not bad. I would recommend but I wouldn't be super enthusiastic about it. The woman working there was VERY helpful but her disposition was a little off-putting (it's hard to describe).

Really great hostel. The walk in to town takes no time at all and is lovely. Staff are super friendly and helpful, and the bathrooms are clean and spacious. The attic dorm is really really cool :)

Lovely little hostel. Staff are so friendly and helpful. The location is ideal, walking distance from anywhere you would want to go in Ljubljana. It is so convenient that you don't even need to take the city bus from the train station as the directions suggest, it is an easy walk from the station. The pub attached to the hostel is also really nice.

Excellent location with nearby parking. Clean facilities and helpful staff. The bed in one of the private rooms was the sqeakiest I have ever slept on and woke me up when I turned over in the night. The large bathroom downstairs - the only one I could see that girls could shower in - has opaque shower cubicles and I didn't feel comfortable with that bathroom being unisex.

My partner and I loved Ljubljana and Sax hostel. There was a food truck festival downtown on Friday night which was amazing. The hostel had towels, and perfectly clean facilities. All the staff and guests we met were amazing and accommodating. AAn airport shuttle picked us up right in front of Sax for 9€ a person at 5:30 am. A great deadeal for the service we received.

The only complaint I have is the location, but everything in Ljubljana is very close and no more than twenty minutes away so it didn't really matter. Staff was friendly and accommodating, it was not loud as I expected an above-bar hostel to be, and the atmosphere of the bar below made for an incredible experience!

A very nice atmosphere, close to the center of this gem of a city! May be better to keep the front door always close with a spring, so that lazy customers do not leave it open, if this concerns you. Some more facility for a breakfast might improve as well.

Sax was flexible with us since we arrived past midnight. We emailed them before and they informed the bar staff to let us in. It was very clean and I loved the Jazz themed atmosphere. The best part of the hostel though is the bar in front and the street atmosphere. It's definitly a local hangout and the drinks are very well priced!

The bar staff were very nice when we checked in late at night however we were disappointed with the lack of facilities, lack of atmosphere. We were only here for one night and so we might have been unfortunate but I definitely don't think this hostel is worth the price

great location and walking distance to everywhere. only downside was there were no cooking facilities and the keys to the main door were a bit temperamental. hostel was clean and small which was a nice change from huge hostels with big dorms

Fantastic staff, really welcoming and gave fantastic tips. Beds comfy and cosy and bathrooms clean. Fab attached pub, beautiful live jazz.

There is a dip in the Mens bathroom where the shower is upstairs, and water pools here. The water could eventually rot the floor.

Very very nice hostel!

This is a very nice hostel close to the center. The staff were very helpful and they have a guy who can take groups of travellers to different points aroun Slovenia which is great because there´s a lot to see. It´s pretty quiet but there´s a pub right in front so the ambience is made there. I´d stay again here

Staff didn't seem available to ask questions or get info. Door was frequently closed. Good vibes though and clean and comfortable.

Nice hostel. I arrived after the reception had closed, but they helped me at the bar. Big room with many beds. Everyone has an own locker. Very comfortable beds. Several bathrooms. Nice atmosphere. Can be a bit noisy at night because of the pub that belongs to it. Location is a bit off center on the other side of the city centre as the railway station.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7