Schanzenstern GmbH Reviews

Bartelsstrasse 12, Hamburg, Germany

Was pleasantly suprised at this hostel. Although the location wasn't smack bang in the centre it was in a great area with loooads of great bars and places to eat, close enough to walk to the centre too. The rooms were really clean and not too small. The staff were really nice and helped us find our friend after a big night out and even posted some stuff we left in the room!

For the price I paid, I didn't expect that much quality. Staff really nice and helpful. Rooms very comfortable and spacious. Right in the centre of Hamburg! :)

• 9th Feb 2015

The location of the hostel is good. There is a train and metro station 5 minutes walk from the hostel and loads of bars and pubs around, which makes the area attractive to walk at night. The staff is really helpful and kind, whatever you need they will help you. The room was clean and organized. The only thing I did not like so much was the location of the toilet (really clean), which is outside the bedroom. The WiFi connection was really good and there were plugs enough. I had a pleasant stay.

In general the hostel is good. Except for the owner, who didn't want to keep our luggage in the reception arguing that he will close the hostel on that day without any previous notice and still wanted to keep the 10 euros deposit due to a late check out. Yes, we partied in Hamburg and yes we slept over for an hour or so, but still, his attitude was rude, challenging and unprofessional. He gave back the deposit only when I stated that I will not move from there.

Well, a hidden gem among hostels. Everything above the very best!! Coming back soon.

For 13€ a night it was way above expectations!!!!

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Estonia

I arrived at another hostel where Aitona was. The staff was very kind to explain how to get to THIS hostel, and I finally found "Schanzenstern GmbH" When I checked in, the receptionist already knew to me because Altona's staff told her about me so I reaaly appreciated it. The room was clean, towels was for free, the bed was comfortable. I had a breakfast paid 7.50euros, it was really nice.I think I will be back again.