Schilling Hostel Patagonico Reviews

Gobernador Paradelo 141, El Calafate, Argentina

The staff were very helpful. The hostel is very cozy and close to everything, especially the bus station to the Glacier.

• 22nd May 2014
  • China

Kitchen is small but functional, fridge is tiny, rooms are nice and cleaned every day, Wi-Fi generally works well but occassional problems, staff is helpful and provides good information, they try to help with whatever they can, designed more like a budget hotel than a true hostel it's a nice place to stay if you're not looking for isolation but don't want to be inundated with parties and noise, close to most everything easy to get to and from

Perfect, I´ll recomend this place to all my friends!!!

El personal es muy amable y agradezco la ayuda brindada durante la estadía. Muy bueno el hostel y lo recomendaría con los ojos cerrados! Gracias.

One of the best hostel I've stayed in my life! Lovely staff. Marcelo, Cecilia and Marieen. Really loved them. Very clean facilities in a countryside atmosphere.

Great hostel right by the train station. The staff were very friendly and super helpful arranging our trip to Perito Moreno glacier. I would definitely recommend this hostel if you are in El Calafate for a few nights. Only 2 blocks from the main street, and the town is nice to walk!

Great staff, decent dorms, ok kitchen. Great location in el calafate next to bus station and main street

We stayed twice at this hostel and were very happy to stay there. Just 400 metres from the bus station, large clean rooms, extensive breakfast,helpful and friendly staff, what more do you want.

really nice place, close to bus station and main street, the kitchen was't well equiped so...was kind of tricky to prepare something with just one pot who felt like from the 60ies.

Spacious, comfy, clean rooms; centrally located (to city center as well as bus station) very fast wi-fi;

The owners and staff are amazing, we showed up not knowing much about the area and they went out of there way to not only organize our holiday in el calafate but also put us onto really good hostels and hotels in el chalten and Ushuaia. They booked all our cabs and even lent me there personal laptop to transfer photos from my camera, highly recommend this place as it has been the best service we have had yet. Hostel it self is nice and has a cottage feel to it, happy all around

• 26th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice private rooms, good living area, very warm and comfortable! Good spot, 3min walk from the main street, and only 2min from the central bus station, but quiet. A few lesser points; staff were fairly helpful with advice but not enthusiastic, there is a small kitchen near the 2 small dorm rooms but it's not really set up for use by guests in other types of rooms in the main area, and the breakfast was your average toast, cake and cornflakes.

Schilling hostel has a really nice common area with plenty of space to hang out, nicely decorated, warm atmosphere! Our double room was nice too, with enough space, a comfy bed, clean. Breakfast is okay. We had two reservations, but for the first one there was an overbooking and we were sent to another hostel. Totally understandable this happens, but the hostel we were sent to wasn't as nice as Schilling at all and the price stayed the same..although we got a free beer we were disappointed.

Nice, clean hostel with great staff and good breakfast! definitely recommended :)

Great location, just next to the bus terminal. The staff was amazing, always eager to help and gave the best tips for all sorts of activities (special thanks to Mauren who was so lovely). It is an incredibly cozy place and has a nice sense of 'home'. Totally recommend it

We had a very good time at the Schilling Hostel Patagonico. The staff gave us useful information regarding the tours and thanks to a brilliant idea of Ramiro we managed to organize ourselves so that we could make a tour and see the Perito Moreno in the same day (renting a car the day before at El Calafate). The only thing that should be improved is the kitchen facilities: there were very few dishes and no drainboard or dishtowel.

The Staff extremaly nice and helpful. Breakfast is a plus. The atmosphere was very nice. The only negative I can see was very cold dorm in which we stayed. It was really cold, despite they turned on the heater in the room. Location - two blocks from the bus station.

Outstanding staff and atmosphere.

The hostel is adorable and well-located, and the staff is INCREDIBLE - so sweet and so helpful. Really loved my stay. Thank you!!! Lucia

It is only 2 blocks from the bus station. I booked a double, even though I was travel alone because there were no other options on-line. However, the booking included 2-rooms. They helped me find someone else to occupy the other room each of the 3 nights I stayed, even though I had already paid for the room. Therefore I ended up only paying for a single room each night. I was very surprised and grateful for the staff helping me.

• 1st Mar 2014