Schilling Hostel Patagonico Reviews

Gobernador Paradelo 141, El Calafate, Argentina

Great hostel . Staff was very laid back, friendly and helpful. They have maps of each continent that they have guests add their name to next to where you live. Thought that was a nice, personal touch to show how they connect with guests! My 4 bed shared dorm was in its own building behind the hostel. There were two rooms in the structure, with a private bath in my dorm and another out in the hall. There was a small kitchen in this building as well. Big lockers in hall to store bags.

• 17th Apr 2015

Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful with alall questions. In terms of hygiene, the bidet in hostel was not properly cleaned during my stay and cleaning generally could have been better. I did not like the gas fire in the hostel bedroom, as it adds a risk of carbon monoxide, especially as there is no proper ventilation. Common areas in hotel lovely.

Great location, staff are very helpful and you're only two mins from the bus station. This was our second stay at Shilling as we used it on our return from Torres del Paine, so we definitely recommend this hostel.

I had a lovely stay. The staff is very helpful and friendly, provided a lot of information on local trips and even booked for me. I had a large room for myself with a comfortable bed. They have a nice relaxing area and nice restaurant. Definitely recommend this hostel.

Great staff in a perfect location close to the bus station and the main drag. Wifi worked well, can't ask for much more.

Schilling is just 2 mins from the bus station and 5 mins from the main road in town. The staff are really helpful, the rooms are clean and whilst there's no kitchen to use they offer dinner at a reasonable price!

Staff are lovely and helpful. Kitchen needs to be restocked with cooking utensils, is difficult to self cater in.

More of a hotel then a hostel, but value is very good. Breakfast is great, staff are helpful and location is perfect, only issue is atmosphere as it is mostly private rooms with very few backpackers

It was excellent stay in Schilling. They would help to arrange the trip and give me advices. It locates in centre , just 5 mins walk to the Main Street. Staff are helpful. I feel like home when staying here.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Staff were very friendly and helped me out when I made a mistake with my booking. They were very hospitable and knew how to help you out no matter what you wanted ti do. Breakfast was lovely. Room had to window and was very dry. KItchen was small but had most of what I needed. Would stay again.

great hostel, very close to bus station!

The staff were really helpful. Not much atmosphere. More hotel like

Amazing staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. We stayed there on two separate occasions. Ramero and his family helped us to find alternative accomidation when they were full and also helped us to book our onward travel as booking busses around Argentina has to be done in person by foreign travellers at this time. Highly recommend. Thanks again.

The schilling hostel was my base to go to torres del paines and el chalten, staff is amazing, helpful, so friendly and always with a smile. The location isnperfect not far from the bus station and close by the main road.

Homely atmosphere, good breakfast., near tour bus station and main commercial businesses and shops

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Had there been something above "excellent" in this review form, I would definitely have ticked it for the "staff" - from booking tours for me a month before my arrival through my time at the hostel to my departure they were extremely supportive and made me feel at home! The hostel itself is really cosy, with a good wifi connection. Location is great too - just 3 min from the main street with all the travel agencies and supermarkets. Definitely tops my "best hostels ever stayed at" list!

One of the best hostels i've stayed in! the place is really cosy, beautifully furnished and decorated. Nice and clean rooms (i had 1private ensuite), common areas and good facilities like free teas for guests, money exchange (at good rates), homemade sandwiches to take away for the day. Breakfast is excellent, with home-made cakes, drinkable yogurt (delicious!) marmalades etc.. We tryied the restaurant as well, reasonable prices and very good food. Nice staff at reception and restaurant.

Everything was perfect. Service was pristine and staff super helpful. One little comment: Could wash the covers a little more often. Apart form that, 100% perfection

Great value for the chill traveler. This is not a party hostel. Decent wifi and comfy beds. Nothing bad about it.

Very nice staff - cheers to Ramiro !, good location - 5mn from the main street, the bus terminal and from Bokado, a place where you can find cheap and delicious empanadas, very clean and cosy , well heated- you just wanna stay here all day long, especially with the strong wind of el Calafate - and, last but not least, a delicious and filling breakfast, with various cakes and homemade bread !

« first « Prev 1 2 3