Schilling Hostel Patagonico Reviews

Gobernador Paradelo 141, El Calafate, Argentina

Friendly, helpful staff members. Roomy 4 bed dorm room consisted of 2 singles and a bunk, had an ensuite bathroom, and a kitchen shared with only one other room. Great location a few blocks from supermarkets, the bus station and the main road. Highly recommended.

I had a really good experience with booking tours and receiving advice before I even stayed there. When I arrived I immediately thought it was lovely, spacious and welcoming. I was put in a smaller dorm room than what I booked so I was even happier. My bed was made everyday, the shower was hot and the breakfast was better than a lot in Argentina (I.e there were eggs!). Wifi worked in my room as there were three different wifi areas. I would even recommend this to my parents it was so lovely.

• 27th Jan 2016

It was a very friendly place. I felt so at home. Puzzles in progress, books, magazines. Always tea and coffee free all day. Scrambled eggs and 2 kinds of cake at breakfast!

Best hostel in Argentina. Fastest wifi as well. Breakfast selection was very limited, but it's bearable considering that it's included. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. Atmosphere was great. Location was superb, only 2 blocks from bus station without climbing up/down the hill. Close to supermarkets and main street.

Really friendly accommodating staff. Nice big open communal spaces. Good breakfast (scrambled eggs which made a nice change!)

A great place to stay in El Calafate that looks like a hotel, just two blocks away from the bus station, and one block away from a supermarket. The staff is great, our room was perfect, and the breakfast good enough, just missed the traditional medias lunas in it. :) Would definitely stay there again!

The best of the best. Hostel rooms are clean with plenty of space and bathroom access. Shared areas are quiet and spacious with lots of room for games or eating. Breakfast (including fresh eggs!) was a treat for he same price as hostels elsewhere in the area without breakfast. Hostel is quiet but also plenty of people to meet. The staff are the best there is. We loved our experience at Schilling.

This hostel has private rooms too, but this review is for the hostel experience. I can confidently say this was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Not only is it clean and the staff super friendly, but they are also conveniently located 2 blocks from the bus terminal and serve a really good breakfast - especially for a hostel! The breakfast consists of assorted cakes, homemade bread, scrambled eggs, etc It's served from 6 AM-9 AM, but Each dorm room has its own kitchen too.

Fresh fruit would be great at breakfast. The home made cakes were delicious!

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Hard to see why this hostel is rated so highly on here. I stayed in the 4-bed dorm: 10-minute wait for water to heat up; bathroom unpleasant; everything could have been much cleaner; badly-equipped kitchen; bedroom is dark, has no real window and feels like a garage; inconvenient key system, and not a good breakfast.

• 10th Dec 2015

Good stay, but noisy at night from cars and pedestrians. Beautifully decorated. Good breakfast provided and nice purchased boxed lunch. Very close to the bus station.

The shared bathrooms were in slight disrepair and the tiny kitchen was not very well equipped, but the staff are very friendly and helpful and the location (so close to the bus stop) is very convenient.

It was a great hostel. My friend and I stayed there for 3 nights and we had a great time! Each room has their own kitchen and Bahrain. Very clean. Wonderful staff (Ramero is the best!!)

• 13th Nov 2015

Shilling was absolutely brilliant. The room and breakfast were very nice - and the hostel staff went above and beyond in always helping us out to make plans. On top of giving us very good advice about El Calefate, they also organized a last minute trip to El Condor for us, which made the trip. Thank you Shilling!

• 6th Nov 2015

Super friendly staff and very helpful with organizing activities in Calafate. Just 5 minutes walk up from the Main Street. Very basic shared dorm space, nothing fancy. There was a restaurant that offers breakfast in the morning, but no kitchen for cooking that we saw.

It was all great

We loved our stay here! We stayed 5 nights, had a three bed private room which was cozy and was cleaned everyday, they also changed our towels every day. Ramiro helped us book most of our tours, he was so nice and friendly. The hostel is two blocks away from downtown, it has a supermarket in the same street, it has a restaurant in the same hostel which is very good and not that expensive. We would definitely star here again!

• 12th Oct 2015
  • Puerto Rico

perfect location from bus station. shower temperature unstable at times.

Great hostel in a great location - very close to the town centre. It's a very quiet hostel, but lovely and peaceful. They provide towels on the rooms, hairdriers in the bathrooms and have wonderful staff!! My only comment would be that there were no lockers at all in the bedroom. Wasn't a problem as I had the room to myself for the 2 nights - but I would have been concerned if I was sharing. But other than that - AMAZING!

I stayed here during low season and although I'd reserved a 6 bed dorm, I was given a private room at no extra cost! The staff (especially Ramiro) were really friendly and helpful - they can even book tours for you. I enjoyed the breakfast which included eggs and homemade cakes! The only thing lacking for me was the atmosphere, but it was a lovely hostel.