Schilling Hostel Patagonico Reviews

Gobernador Paradelo 141, El Calafate, Argentina

It was excellent stay in Schilling. They would help to arrange the trip and give me advices. It locates in centre , just 5 mins walk to the Main Street. Staff are helpful. I feel like home when staying here.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Amazing staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. We stayed there on two separate occasions. Ramero and his family helped us to find alternative accomidation when they were full and also helped us to book our onward travel as booking busses around Argentina has to be done in person by foreign travellers at this time. Highly recommend. Thanks again.

The schilling hostel was my base to go to torres del paines and el chalten, staff is amazing, helpful, so friendly and always with a smile. The location isnperfect not far from the bus station and close by the main road.

• 10th Mar 2015

Homely atmosphere, good breakfast., near tour bus station and main commercial businesses and shops

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Had there been something above "excellent" in this review form, I would definitely have ticked it for the "staff" - from booking tours for me a month before my arrival through my time at the hostel to my departure they were extremely supportive and made me feel at home! The hostel itself is really cosy, with a good wifi connection. Location is great too - just 3 min from the main street with all the travel agencies and supermarkets. Definitely tops my "best hostels ever stayed at" list!

One of the best hostels i've stayed in! the place is really cosy, beautifully furnished and decorated. Nice and clean rooms (i had 1private ensuite), common areas and good facilities like free teas for guests, money exchange (at good rates), homemade sandwiches to take away for the day. Breakfast is excellent, with home-made cakes, drinkable yogurt (delicious!) marmalades etc.. We tryied the restaurant as well, reasonable prices and very good food. Nice staff at reception and restaurant.

Everything was perfect. Service was pristine and staff super helpful. One little comment: Could wash the covers a little more often. Apart form that, 100% perfection

Great value for the chill traveler. This is not a party hostel. Decent wifi and comfy beds. Nothing bad about it.

Very nice staff - cheers to Ramiro !, good location - 5mn from the main street, the bus terminal and from Bokado, a place where you can find cheap and delicious empanadas, very clean and cosy , well heated- you just wanna stay here all day long, especially with the strong wind of el Calafate - and, last but not least, a delicious and filling breakfast, with various cakes and homemade bread !

A bit expensive for what you get (I stayed in the dorm; don't know about the private rooms). Perfect location: 5 minute walk from bus station and a tiny bit longer to the main road.

A very nice hostel with large common spaces, clean rooms, a solid free breakfast and good facilities. The location is great about a block from the main street and bus station. Friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again.

Friendly place with helpful staff.

The staff here was amazing and super helpful! Also it's just a block away from the main street and the bus terminal. We loved our big room with a spacious bathroom and hot water. The breakfast is very good so is the wifi. It has many common areas and a lovely garden to chill after excursions. Also they offer free tee all day long.

Fiquei em quarto coletivo por 4 noites. O quarto é bom, mas não tem uma janela sequer - meio claustrofóbico. Mas é muito bom. O café da manhã é bom, com opções de pães, bolos e cereais. Os atendentes são fantásticos e o lanche por eles preparados para a excursão atende as necessidades. Nada a reclamar. Ficaria novamente no hostel

Excellent! I switched to this hostel after a disappointing stay elsewhere and was really satisfied. Staff was super friendly and location is awesome, just 3 blocks away from the bus stop. I also liked how our room had its own bathroom and shared a kitchen with one other room. Really nice! Good outdoor space too. Great stay, especially since I had to get up SUPER early the next day for the bus down to Puerto Natales.

The staff at this hostel were really lovely[especially Ramiro ] so welcoming and helpful. The breakfast was great and even those of us slumming it in the dorm were welcome to use the hotel lounge and garden. Although there was another private garden by the dorms which was great too.. The situation is ideal down a quiet residential street but very close to both the bus station and town centre. All in all probably my favourte place in 3 weeks of travel Thanks for a great stay !

We had a great stay. We were in one of two rooms in a small building separate from the main building of the hostel. There were four beds, with an ensuite bathroom and a bathroom in between the two rooms for common use, also with a shower. It also had a small but useful kitchen. We liked the big open common rooms in the main building and enjoyed our dinner of empanadas and an humitas dish at the hostel restaurant. They let us hang out after check out until we left around 2pm. Great location.

Our stay on Schilling was really nice. Ramiro was very helpful giving us hints about the activities to be done. Following his recommendation, we decided to go to El Chalten for one day. Not only he helped us to find a hostel there, but he also allowed us to cancel one night in Schilling without penalty fees. Our room was overbooked in one of the nights due to a mistake. To solve the issue, they upgraded us to another hostel for free and payed us the taxi for going there. Definitely recommended.

An amazing place. Quiet relaxing and very helpful in every aspect. 2 blocks from bus station so an easy walk to a comfortable bed after a long bus ride. Owners and workers went above and beyond. I only stayed here one night as they were booked out the rest of the nights. Love this place and strongly recommend it. Nice backyard to relax and nice tv room to chill.

Good breakfast, plenty of plugs for recharging all your electrical items. Warm rooms. Good location near the bus station. Free tea and coffee and good wifi, a good place to stay.