Schlafmeile Hostel Reviews

Weichsel Strasse 26a, Berlin, Germany

2057 Total Reviews

Really good value for money. Nice bar. Clean Room. 5 minutes walk from S-bahn Oskreutz and 7 minutes walk from Frankfurter Allee U and S-bahn . Close to Berlin's clubs.

Very nice place with nice stuff. Good location, cozy neibourghood. The only drawback is common showers. Still very positive emotions after visiting that place. Stuff takes care of visitors and offers help and free services, which is very noticeable in comparison with other hostels, and exactly "cheapsleep" (which we visited next and which turned out to be the worst one in my life). Thanks and good luck to schlafmeile!

Just be careful when you type the address on Google, cause the same street configuration and names existe in Berlin West as well...

Its a simple but a very good hostel, I used to stay there for the last 4 years, but this year I had a major problem with the guy that clean the kitchen and the bathroom. He kick me off of the bahtroom at 3 pm because he had to clean. He told me I had 5 minutes to take a shower and after that he starts knock at the doors ask me to get out. He did it again next morning kick me and two others guest out of the kitchen.

i know that it could be the cheapest hostel in Berlin, but the floor was really dirty (you have to use a good desinfectant) and i found people sleeping on the floor (in the other building where you had to use a key number). The girl on the reception was friendly.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Pros: good deal for the money; very quiet neighborhood but near transportation and close to busy freidrichstein; the woman who worked the front desk was wonderful and they have 1euro coffee in the morning. The rooms are clean the beds are comfortable. Cons: the wifi doesn't work in the rooms, only in the restaurant that they also run. It wasn't a super social hostel in my experience because the common spaces are either the restaurant or the kitchen, which isn't so comfortable to just chill.

They wanted us to pay the fee in cash without letting us know in advance. That was an unpleasant surprise.

The question is.If you are backpacking ,you sould allways have cash in your pocket for the bad times .Down the road is the machice (2 mins by foot)If you have had a look on our web page ,you can see that Jonny Cash is the only way ..Sorry about that ,we say sorry ,but Jonny Cash is the way by the Schlafmeile Hostel in The Big B.

I had a great time at Schlafmeile. There are good communal areas, it's easy to meet people, the staff are lovely, and it's as clean as you'd ever expect a hostel to be.

• 31st Aug 2014

A little way from the center but only about about 7 minutes walk from the nearest tram stop so its all good. A nice café area and cheap shop near by. Good sized luggage boxes for each bed. Beds really comfy and sizeable. WiFi only by café area. Kitchen is well equipped. Only 3 plug sockets between our room of 8. A lot of more mature travellers and French. Good for a quiet night's sleep but not good if you want to party and meet lots of people.

Although this is not the hostels fault directly, there was a person in our room that had really strong body odour which filled and lingered in the room. We had to air the room by leaving the front door open. I guess maybe better ventilation or a fan in the rooms would be great for future.

Nice, friendly staff. Wifi works like a charm, in the cafe/reception that is. Lockers available. Nice location in Friedrichshain and near Kreuzberg (which were the only areas I planned on being so that was great).

At first you might not think this hostel has the most amazing location, but it's actually in a very cool neighborhood of Berlin if you walk around the area! There are lots of very hip restaurants and shops. (Of course the transportation in Berlin is amazing so you can get anywhere as well) There's a nice kitchen and the rooms/bathrooms are all clean! There isn't the best atmosphere to meet people if you're alone, but it's not bad either, the hostel is next to a cafe where you can hang out!

We loved this hostel. A bit odd and funky but totally worth the money! The staff were very helpful and spoke excellent English.

Lockers were big enough to fit all of your belongings so make such you buy a good lock as hostel door opens directly on to a busy road!

Nice and cheap so good value for money but the showers could have been much better

This place was so cheap so I wasn't expecting much anyway. The big rooms and big communal kitchen meant the place had a great atmosphere so I really enjoyed my stay. However rooms are very old and mouldy there's only two toilets and showers for all females in the hostel and wifi only works in cafe down the road. Location is pretty far from any city 'centres' ie alexanderplatz and I felt a bit unsafe at times. But again it was cheap and I'd stay again if I couldn't find anywhere else.

The staff is really nice! The fact that hostel is next to Lindsays Caffe makes the hostel even better. It brings a really cozy and friendly atmosphere to the hostel. The rooms are clean, but can be a little bit small. The kitchen was really really dirty!!! But in general cool place to stay! :)

Nice that you enjoyed yourself in The Schlafmeile Hostel.The cafe next door is your Lounge where you can use Internet for free and take your shoes off and relax.You are on Holiday .Coffee ,homemade burgers ,fish and Chips (home made of course) And a good breakfast to start the day .With the best infor where to go and enjoy the Big B.,...The kitcken is allways clean ,can be it was the wrong day.. Thats for your stay and enjoy

The location of the hostel is a strange one as it wasn't close to the centre of Berlin or the central train station, however this came with many perks as the area was really lovely (many parks) and cheap! Getting into the centre wasn't difficult either with a choice of metro or rail services! I'd recommend Ostkreutz train station which is a 15 minute walk from the hostel and has a reliable s-bahn service to anywhere in the city! Everything else was fine and I'd definitely recommend staying here!

We stayed here for one night and I guess you get what you pay for. Not amazing, but ok. The location is a bit annoying, though. You have to change awkwardly and walk quite far from the station.

This is the place to be in Berlin ...Check it out ,,Markets ,all the BIG Clubs just down the road with all the parks where you can enjoy yourself ..I cant understand that you can say that this is not a good Location .This is the place to be..

A bit far from the city centre, but a part of city one normally wouldnt't experience. A lot of good places to eat and drink nearby. A tip: Rent a bike!

• 2nd Jul 2014