Schlafmeile Hostel Reviews

Weichsel Strasse 25, Berlin, Germany

1923 Total Reviews

Staff was great. I contacted the hostel in advance (as I was arriving after check-in closed), and staff stayed behind to let me check-in. Room and hostel in general is a bit damp, but overall fairly clean.

We had a great stay, thank you :)

lovely cafe, good location

• 29th Mar 2014

Really friendly staff is what impressed me! In general it is a cool place for a traveler-who doesnt have high expectations- and all in all I would definately recommend it!

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Greece

all good, I was really happy, Staff was very nice

• 8th Mar 2014

We got a little confused with how to lock our door, but that was mainly our fault. The staff were all friendly and welcoming! We enjoyed our room, the hostel was situated quite near to the u bahn and the s bahn, so we could get around quite easily. All in all, very happy with our stay. Their bacon and eggs is great!

• 21st Feb 2014

The hostel was nice. The best thing was the location, close to the center and in a good area of Belin. The living room and the restaurant with the sofas could make you feel in home :)

Good but not excellent on security because you could enter some bedrooms through the cafe (not mine, so I dont mind lol). Location was perfect for me: close to the coolest party area in Berlin (just take a quick tram/train/metro if you want to see some touristy things, but at least not have to go far home after partying). Staff was super nice (good apple-beer). Cleanliness was excellent, showers, toilets, beds, it was all clean, so whats more to say. Hot showers, supercomfy beds. All good :)

Hostel is quite far from the center or any of the cool districts, has a good large kitchen and a cafe to buy food from.. but as previously mentioned the hostel allows friends to stay in dorms which wouldnt be a problem but my bag was stolen and there is no record of the person who was staying in our room

There was no option to pay with credit card, only cash!

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Hungary

Great hostel, great food, great staff, cosy, warm and friendly atmosphere, couldn't have had any better anywhere else, thanks for an awesome stay and this hostel will be my first choice when i visit Berlin again.

• 6th Dec 2013

The location is great, on S5/7/75 lines, which go into the city center and major shopping centers directly. Only 10-15 minutes walk from Ostkreuz and it's not complicated as well. The staff are very friendly and the bed's really clean. Lots of free food and even free booze in the kitchen. Free wifi. The area itself is very quiet but next to several bus stops and tram stops. There are noisy young people drinking next to the street, but it's to be expected. Bring your earplugs you should be fine.

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Taiwan

well cooking, and pub

• 19th Nov 2013

Cool place, extremely cool staff, very decent food in the adjacent restaurant. Best bang for bucks in Berlin for budget travellers. Not the best location relative to the city center, but bar area in walking distance. Very cool "Panzerknacker" punk bar just around corner.

This place is very well located and the cafe-bar in it provides good and suoer cheap meals for travelers on a budget. I loved it!!!!

• 28th Oct 2013

Best value for money hostel. Great location, clean rooms and bathroom (I had a room with only 3 other people so this may have added to that) super friendly staff, great little cafe. Would recommend!

They had WiFi and Internet PC that I could use ! i didnt have a laptop, so it was so helpful to me. internet was free of charge. From the Metro station, it takes about 7 minute walk, but there discription was easy to understand and the area was really quiet and calm. there was a very nice and delicious cafe very near! name was Aunt Benny Cafe, i think. if you are going to stay, have a look.

Stood twice. Staff people would go out of their way for your needs, & are some of the most friendliest I have ever met in a hostel. All of them, including the dog. Sadly other travelers where very ignorant at night time. Smashing doors until 2am + street noises, ppl leave dishes dirty, or just unplug the fridge, so other travelers food would go off. That's nothing the owners have to do with or control over, but it left a bad aftertaste. Couldn't sleep properly and left very tired.

this is what I hope when a talk about a hostel...

We stay in a double private room which is fine and clean. However, the structure of the hostel is quite strange for me: all the rooms are located on ground floor, most of them face the road,and the rooms have two doors: main entrance face the road and you can reach the shared shower through the back door. If you want to go to the shared kitchen or lounge (the only place you can get free wifi), you have to put on coat and walk out to road and get into them. I feel like staying in a shop :P