Schlafmeile Hostel Reviews

Weichsel Strasse 25, Berlin, Germany

1926 Total Reviews

The hostel is far from the center, then you will always depend on public Transport to go anywhere. The reception closes at midnight and only there is possible to connect the WiFi. As the reception closes at midnight the entrance to the room is taken directly from the street into the room, so no security - you can lead anyone into the room and nobody will know it. The bathroom shower was broken, I had the shower to get rinse off. Positive was that the bathroom cleaning and beer at the bar.

The Center is only 10 mins by the U -Bahn ,as i would say that Alexander Platz is the centre , with the lovely T.V Tower .Berlin has the best public Transport at a good Price .You cant wrong in a BIG City like Berlin Enternet is allways on and we have a lovely Lounge where you can sit down and catch with your mates on Internet.. Who wont to be on Internet after 24.00 in Berlin .It is the most famous City for its night life...Enjoy and hope you had a nice Easter.

Staff was great. I contacted the hostel in advance (as I was arriving after check-in closed), and staff stayed behind to let me check-in. Room and hostel in general is a bit damp, but overall fairly clean.

We had a great stay, thank you :)

lovely cafe, good location

• 29th Mar 2014

Really friendly staff is what impressed me! In general it is a cool place for a traveler-who doesnt have high expectations- and all in all I would definately recommend it!

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Greece

all good, I was really happy, Staff was very nice

• 8th Mar 2014

We got a little confused with how to lock our door, but that was mainly our fault. The staff were all friendly and welcoming! We enjoyed our room, the hostel was situated quite near to the u bahn and the s bahn, so we could get around quite easily. All in all, very happy with our stay. Their bacon and eggs is great!

• 21st Feb 2014

The hostel was nice. The best thing was the location, close to the center and in a good area of Belin. The living room and the restaurant with the sofas could make you feel in home :)

Good but not excellent on security because you could enter some bedrooms through the cafe (not mine, so I dont mind lol). Location was perfect for me: close to the coolest party area in Berlin (just take a quick tram/train/metro if you want to see some touristy things, but at least not have to go far home after partying). Staff was super nice (good apple-beer). Cleanliness was excellent, showers, toilets, beds, it was all clean, so whats more to say. Hot showers, supercomfy beds. All good :)

Hostel is quite far from the center or any of the cool districts, has a good large kitchen and a cafe to buy food from.. but as previously mentioned the hostel allows friends to stay in dorms which wouldnt be a problem but my bag was stolen and there is no record of the person who was staying in our room

There was no option to pay with credit card, only cash!

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Hungary

Great hostel, great food, great staff, cosy, warm and friendly atmosphere, couldn't have had any better anywhere else, thanks for an awesome stay and this hostel will be my first choice when i visit Berlin again.

• 6th Dec 2013

The location is great, on S5/7/75 lines, which go into the city center and major shopping centers directly. Only 10-15 minutes walk from Ostkreuz and it's not complicated as well. The staff are very friendly and the bed's really clean. Lots of free food and even free booze in the kitchen. Free wifi. The area itself is very quiet but next to several bus stops and tram stops. There are noisy young people drinking next to the street, but it's to be expected. Bring your earplugs you should be fine.

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Taiwan

well cooking, and pub

• 19th Nov 2013

Cool place, extremely cool staff, very decent food in the adjacent restaurant. Best bang for bucks in Berlin for budget travellers. Not the best location relative to the city center, but bar area in walking distance. Very cool "Panzerknacker" punk bar just around corner.

This place is very well located and the cafe-bar in it provides good and suoer cheap meals for travelers on a budget. I loved it!!!!

• 28th Oct 2013

Best value for money hostel. Great location, clean rooms and bathroom (I had a room with only 3 other people so this may have added to that) super friendly staff, great little cafe. Would recommend!