Schlafmeile Hostel Reviews

Weichsel Strasse 26a, Berlin, Germany

2079 Total Reviews

I went to Berlin to experience the Berlin film festival. In general the hostel was fine for a 3 night stay. The only problems were that the bathroom drainage wasn't very good so the floor was often covered in water. Of the 2 showers available in the male section, one had no curtain and for both of them the only place to hang towels and clothes was outside the shower cubicle so there was no privacy. Also, there was no real lounge/central place to socialise or meet other travellers. But nice cafe!

It was a cheap place to stay, but I wouldn´t recommend this hostel. I didn´t feel very safe. The front door didn´t close very well, sometimes it´s didn´t close at all, so everybody could enter from the street. No separate hallway inside of the building, so when ever you wanted to go to the kitchen or the reception you have to come from the outside. The kitchen itself was dirty, especially the smoking was really disturubing while eating. BUT the staff was EXTRAORDINARY friendly and helpful.

All and all good Hostel, near a metro station which makes it easy to get to central Berlin. Lindsays Cafe (reception area) is really good, nice chill out area. Rooms were a bit untidy and it is annoying how there is no wifi in the rooms. But goof hostel.

Wifi only is available in lobby but not in the room which i think its quite inconvenient. Also, the door of my room (room no.7) i lived has to be repaired. We have to close and open the door very hard. The location is quite far away from the central but really close to the East Side Gallery. Staff are nice. If you want to save money i would recommend you to stay here but if you want to have a better environment it is not a good option.

Sink was clogged in bath and the water would not go away :-(

There are 2 doors in the rooms, one of it is access to street directly. Someone knocked and stroke that door in the middle night , the staff the only way we can do was to call police. if it can be improved , it could be better.

Had to leave at 6am....thought to take all my belongings on the hallway and pack them, so not to disturb the others who were sleeping. Took 2 chairs from the kitchen next door on the hallway to put my things, and while I was gathering my things, the janitor came into the room, and started to shout loudly in his poor italian- english that the chairs belong to the kitchen....I told him to take them and just be quiet because people were sleeping, but he continued on shouting and throuing his hands

Thanks that you are thinking of the guests.Next time maybe pack your bag before Hand .When you no that you are leaving early in morning ..I have spoken with the cleaner and he didnt realise that you where packing your back pack .We have had some strange guests doing funny things..in the hostel .Thats why he was waving his Hands like a d.j..Hope you enjoyed Berlin .Plus we gave you a 5 bed dorm room at the same Price as a 10 bed dorm room .Because you couldnt sleep in the 10 bed dorm room ..

Very cheap hostel in a central burrough of Berlin. Not the cleanest one, but in average not bad! Adviced!

• 2nd Dec 2014

I really did not have any problems with this hostel. However, the location was not great and the fact that you have to st in the bar to use wifi were the main complaints.

Nice low-budget-offer, nothing special.

• 26th Nov 2014

Really good value for money. Nice bar. Clean Room. 5 minutes walk from S-bahn Oskreutz and 7 minutes walk from Frankfurter Allee U and S-bahn . Close to Berlin's clubs.

Nice that you enjoyed yourself in the BIG B and you are right .The Location is the best in Berlin.Shame that we didnt meet,Clubs all just down the road and a doner is on any Corner for breakfast and i can tell you so many storys next time .Enjoy your travelling and all the best of luck with the Rugby .The Kiwis are looking good.Till next time ..

Very nice place with nice stuff. Good location, cozy neibourghood. The only drawback is common showers. Still very positive emotions after visiting that place. Stuff takes care of visitors and offers help and free services, which is very noticeable in comparison with other hostels, and exactly "cheapsleep" (which we visited next and which turned out to be the worst one in my life). Thanks and good luck to schlafmeile!

Just be careful when you type the address on Google, cause the same street configuration and names existe in Berlin West as well...

Its a simple but a very good hostel, I used to stay there for the last 4 years, but this year I had a major problem with the guy that clean the kitchen and the bathroom. He kick me off of the bahtroom at 3 pm because he had to clean. He told me I had 5 minutes to take a shower and after that he starts knock at the doors ask me to get out. He did it again next morning kick me and two others guest out of the kitchen.

i know that it could be the cheapest hostel in Berlin, but the floor was really dirty (you have to use a good desinfectant) and i found people sleeping on the floor (in the other building where you had to use a key number). The girl on the reception was friendly.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Pros: good deal for the money; very quiet neighborhood but near transportation and close to busy freidrichstein; the woman who worked the front desk was wonderful and they have 1euro coffee in the morning. The rooms are clean the beds are comfortable. Cons: the wifi doesn't work in the rooms, only in the restaurant that they also run. It wasn't a super social hostel in my experience because the common spaces are either the restaurant or the kitchen, which isn't so comfortable to just chill.

They wanted us to pay the fee in cash without letting us know in advance. That was an unpleasant surprise.

The question is.If you are backpacking ,you sould allways have cash in your pocket for the bad times .Down the road is the machice (2 mins by foot)If you have had a look on our web page ,you can see that Jonny Cash is the only way ..Sorry about that ,we say sorry ,but Jonny Cash is the way by the Schlafmeile Hostel in The Big B.

I had a great time at Schlafmeile. There are good communal areas, it's easy to meet people, the staff are lovely, and it's as clean as you'd ever expect a hostel to be.

• 31st Aug 2014