Schlafmeile Hostel Reviews

Weichsel Strasse 26a, Berlin, Germany

This hostel has a lot of potential and is is nice and cheap. However the bathrooms were not clean and there was no soap or paper towel/hand drier. The rooms are well spaced and the beds are good. I do highly recommend ear plugs since the rooms are next to the side walk and there is a lot of noise due to the tram, cars and people walking on the street. I can easily forgive these 'weaknesses' though since it was the cheapest hostel I could find in Berlin.

Hi Ear plugs are the go any where you go ... you have to expect some noise when you are in a city with a population of 4 million ..Sorry that bathrooms where not tip top at the time .Maybe we have a good price ,but we are allways using albow grease with cleaning three times a day .. .One night and can be that it was the wrong time . With the soap and paper hand towel i think you are taking the piss.Backpacker has allways his own soap and towel.Few more pence makes alot more sence..

Chilled out atmosphere, very friendly staff, highly recommend.

• 9th Jun 2015

Fantastic staff, always cheerful and extremely good at suggesting hidden gems in East Berlin! Definitely will stay here again next time I'm back!

I met many interesting and nice people from around the world... great bar with the reception around the corner, The bathrooms could be cleaner, but it was okay. Cheap and delicious pizza, pasta etc. just around the corner and public transportation isn't that far, about 5 min.

The rooms are basically in spaces that are usually used for shops, so you enter from the street. Also this means that it is a bit loud. This was not a masculinity dominated hostel (at least the night I stayed) which is a nice change from other Berlin hostels.

Good value for your money, located in what seems to be a nice area, not too far away from the centre, decent bathroom facilities, good food at the Café.

Arrived at Schlafmeile hostel earlier than my check in time, this was no problem I was greeted with a warm welcome. The staff are great really helpful and friendly . The rooms are clean and spacious the beds are comfortable. Lindsay's café is a great place to relax very laid back good food and drinks available. The guests kitchen is spacious and great place to get to know and meet fellow residents. Transport links to get you around Berlin are only minutes away as are local parks and shops.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Good hostel in leafy Friedrichshain, Great parks adjacent to the hostel with ping pong tables and basketball. Locals friendly. The staff at the hostel were fantastic and good with everyone. The hostel has a nice cafe/bar relaxed and friendly. I enjoyed sitting there. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The kitchen is big and a good place to meet other folk staying there. Everyone i met were great. Proper hostel. Friedricshain area is the best and the hostel is a gate way.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

This hostel may well be no less than a microcosm of Berlin. Some or most of the longterm residents are such unique characters that I'd say I have never put myself in such a strange environment in my whole life! Staying at this hostel is an experience to behold in itself, and devil-may-care travellers must stay here, if they don't mind being smoked in burning weeds!

Compared to the hostel I had just came from, Schlafmeile was excellent! I loved how cozy the cafe/reception area was, and the food there was incredible and at a great price! Everyone I met was super friendly and helpful, and it made my stay that much better!

Would have been nice if WIFI was in the rooms instead of just the cafe.

I visited Schlafmeile for only one night, but the people were as nice as the venue itself was! Great Staff, good room and vacilities. For the I paid more than reasonable! I will definitly visit Schlafmeile Hostel again! -Mario

• 29th Mar 2015

Till the next time .Happy easter

I went to Berlin to experience the Berlin film festival. In general the hostel was fine for a 3 night stay. The only problems were that the bathroom drainage wasn't very good so the floor was often covered in water. Of the 2 showers available in the male section, one had no curtain and for both of them the only place to hang towels and clothes was outside the shower cubicle so there was no privacy. Also, there was no real lounge/central place to socialise or meet other travellers. But nice cafe!

It was a cheap place to stay, but I wouldn´t recommend this hostel. I didn´t feel very safe. The front door didn´t close very well, sometimes it´s didn´t close at all, so everybody could enter from the street. No separate hallway inside of the building, so when ever you wanted to go to the kitchen or the reception you have to come from the outside. The kitchen itself was dirty, especially the smoking was really disturubing while eating. BUT the staff was EXTRAORDINARY friendly and helpful.

All and all good Hostel, near a metro station which makes it easy to get to central Berlin. Lindsays Cafe (reception area) is really good, nice chill out area. Rooms were a bit untidy and it is annoying how there is no wifi in the rooms. But goof hostel.

Wifi only is available in lobby but not in the room which i think its quite inconvenient. Also, the door of my room (room no.7) i lived has to be repaired. We have to close and open the door very hard. The location is quite far away from the central but really close to the East Side Gallery. Staff are nice. If you want to save money i would recommend you to stay here but if you want to have a better environment it is not a good option.

Sink was clogged in bath and the water would not go away :-(