Schlafmeile Hostel Reviews

Weichsel Strasse 26a, Berlin, Germany

Just an average hostel,nothing more and nothing less.

The beds of the hostel are good, the bathroom is OK. The location of the hostel is OK, but the security could be enhanced. For the price we paid, the histel was good value for money.

No wifi in room, booked twin room and was told they only had a double so was unhappy about that. Bathrooms were disgusting, an inch deep in dirty water all the time. A guy was given a key for our room by the staff to pass through to go clean the bathrooms which was unacceptable. Luckily we were in our room at the time before he could get in on his own. Location is good. One of the staff was so rude, we felt uncomfortable there so left to eat somewhere else, rest of staff lovely.

Ah, Schlafmeile... It's decent indeed, and it doubles as a "Pension" which is a place where almost homeless people can lay their heads at night. But it's alright, the staff are friendly and knowledgeable, the rooms have good security, the pillows and bedding are hands down the most comfortable out of every hostel I've stayed in in Berlin, no wifi in your room but the lounge/bar is close and comfortable, and from here you get to see the interesting parts of the neighborhood. Highly recommended.

This hostel has a lot of potential and is is nice and cheap. However the bathrooms were not clean and there was no soap or paper towel/hand drier. The rooms are well spaced and the beds are good. I do highly recommend ear plugs since the rooms are next to the side walk and there is a lot of noise due to the tram, cars and people walking on the street. I can easily forgive these 'weaknesses' though since it was the cheapest hostel I could find in Berlin.

Hi Ear plugs are the go any where you go ... you have to expect some noise when you are in a city with a population of 4 million ..Sorry that bathrooms where not tip top at the time .Maybe we have a good price ,but we are allways using albow grease with cleaning three times a day .. .One night and can be that it was the wrong time . With the soap and paper hand towel i think you are taking the piss.Backpacker has allways his own soap and towel.Few more pence makes alot more sence..

The staff here are amazing and make some delicious food in the cafe for really cheap. I felt like they really cared that I had a good experience and were really accommodating to my needs. The dorms are very basic but for the price you definitely have everything you need. I find the privacy in the girls bathroom needs to be amended. No common area it's just the cafe but you are free to hang out there anytime and the wifi in the cafe works well (it doesn't work from the dorm rooms).

Location wasn't great, not in the centre and you need to take a train to get into the centre. The severity wasn't great either as anyone could walk into your room from the bathroom if your room mates didn't lock the door which ours forgot to do all the time. Also the room didn't look that clean and the floor was very dirty.

Third time at this one of my most favorite hostels. Location is better than it may seem as public transport is close enough and the district itself is great. Very friendly staff; great cleanliness, security is fine , good kitchen, always quiet enough at night when i have been there. All Good

The hostel had a strange mix of young travellers and older permanent lodgers. Cafe Lindsay's is very nice, as is the Friedrichshain area near Ostkreuz, which is a short walk away. It's far from the main attractions of Berlin, but you can get on the S-Bahn to most places from Ostkreuz.

Convenient if you want to spend time around Friedrichshain and not much time at the hostel. Public transport options nearby. Beds and sanitary are generally adequate, especially considering price. A downside is that the rooms are directly on the street, making it hard to get some sleep after a night of serious clubbing. Bring earplugs and you're fine! Staff is very friendly and was very eager to help us solve a problem concerning a very bad smell in our dorm due to a fellow guest. Thanks guys!!!

• 23rd Jun 2015

The staff was very kind. Location might not be so convenient if you're looking for something closer to the main points of interest, but you can easily take the Ubahn or Sbahn from Frankfurter Allee. Lindsay's cafe is really nice!

Chilled out atmosphere, very friendly staff, highly recommend.

• 9th Jun 2015

Fantastic staff, always cheerful and extremely good at suggesting hidden gems in East Berlin! Definitely will stay here again next time I'm back!

I met many interesting and nice people from around the world... great bar with the reception around the corner, The bathrooms could be cleaner, but it was okay. Cheap and delicious pizza, pasta etc. just around the corner and public transportation isn't that far, about 5 min.

The rooms are basically in spaces that are usually used for shops, so you enter from the street. Also this means that it is a bit loud. This was not a masculinity dominated hostel (at least the night I stayed) which is a nice change from other Berlin hostels.

Good value for your money, located in what seems to be a nice area, not too far away from the centre, decent bathroom facilities, good food at the Café.

Arrived at Schlafmeile hostel earlier than my check in time, this was no problem I was greeted with a warm welcome. The staff are great really helpful and friendly . The rooms are clean and spacious the beds are comfortable. Lindsay's café is a great place to relax very laid back good food and drinks available. The guests kitchen is spacious and great place to get to know and meet fellow residents. Transport links to get you around Berlin are only minutes away as are local parks and shops.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Good hostel in leafy Friedrichshain, Great parks adjacent to the hostel with ping pong tables and basketball. Locals friendly. The staff at the hostel were fantastic and good with everyone. The hostel has a nice cafe/bar relaxed and friendly. I enjoyed sitting there. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The kitchen is big and a good place to meet other folk staying there. Everyone i met were great. Proper hostel. Friedricshain area is the best and the hostel is a gate way.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

This hostel may well be no less than a microcosm of Berlin. Some or most of the longterm residents are such unique characters that I'd say I have never put myself in such a strange environment in my whole life! Staying at this hostel is an experience to behold in itself, and devil-may-care travellers must stay here, if they don't mind being smoked in burning weeds!

Compared to the hostel I had just came from, Schlafmeile was excellent! I loved how cozy the cafe/reception area was, and the food there was incredible and at a great price! Everyone I met was super friendly and helpful, and it made my stay that much better!