Schutzenbach Backpackers & Camping Reviews

schutzenbach, Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

Very nice staff and clean room/bathroom. The only "bad" thing was the heater not hot enough in the dormatory. But a very good place to stay for such a low price !

• 28th Dec 2015

We had a wonderful time staying at this hostel! The price was reasonable and sleeping area was very comfortable. We especially loved Steph! She worked the front desk and went above and beyond to answer every question. Such a sweet person. I have stayed in many hostels throughout my travels and can give this place my highest recommendation.

Steph was so great in the reception ! She told us where to go and what tickets you could buy for going up the mountains. Very knowledgeable. Bedroom didn't have a keycard or lock so felt a bit nervous sometimes. Great locations easy fifteen minute walk to train station and shop.

This was a great hostel to stay at; clean, friendly staff, awesome location (really close to the train station and lots of great hiking). Just make sure you read the info so you know that you have to pay for showers and use of the hot plates. There is free electric Kettle use so you can make yourself a cup of tea:) I would definitely go back!

Very nice and cozy place. Located little away from the train station but at a totally brilliant location near some of the great falls and walkable villages from where you can easily reach Muren. Staff was very helpful when I had to check out earlier than expected. Overall good experience.

• 16th Oct 2015
  • India

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We had a double room with a shared bathroom, and was very pleased. Would for sure stay there again.

• 2nd Oct 2015

This was a fantastic hostel. Place was well priced,staff were amazing and the location was picture perfect. Switzerland is an amazing place to visit and it will give you the chance to experience it if you're on a budget. Its 2 francs to use the cook top and maybe 1 franc to use hotwater. If that worries you don't bother even travelling.

We had a great stay at Schuztenbach - the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hostel was cosy and had great views of the mountains.

• 23rd Sep 2015

Great place to stay! The bar downstairs was busy every night and you're in one of the most beautiful valleys in Switzerland. No complaints here!

Staff are friendly and facilities are clean- and the view is amazing BUT you have to pay extra for everything (hot water, the kitchen etc) its ridiculously over priced even for Switzerland. Stay somewhere else - Jungfrau or Valley Hostel

Dear, all extra costs are clearly mentioned on the Hostelworld website. Upon arrival you also received this Information again. Our price is the lowest in the area. To give us a poor review is very unkind! But thank you for leaving without paying!!!

Location was good. The place was clean. No soap in the bathrooms, had to pay for shower & stove, which they say it's okay because it's on the website, I was unaware of this, however it's still ridiculous. The beds were a thin mattress & was not comfortable. Unable to lock door. No safes or anything for our belongings. Reception hours are crazy and found myself basing my days to get back in time if I needed to speak to them. Stay here if it's your last option like it was mine. Wouldn't stay again

1. WiFi wasn't working in the dorm; 2. Its a long walk from the station and a little confusing. There should be some signboards at the station for the hostelhostel; 3. Everything is charged- bath, cooking.

They automatically debited my card before I arrived, which cost me a lot of money because I only had euros on there, which I had already converted from AUD. And I had withdrawn money to pay for the room, which I then had to spend on overpriced pastries, because I was leaving Switzerland permanently and didn't want to lose 30% converting back to euros. If they ceased the taking money without permission thing, I would highly recommend them

Really great place to stay! The dorm was very clean and comfortable. Not many outlets but you can also charge your devices at the reception.

First of all, it's approx a 15 minute walk into town. When we arrived they said not to worry about payment and to pay at the end, to which I prepared cash, only to be told my Australian debit MasterCard was charged during our stay, costing me fees on my card, and more fees to convert the cash I no longer needed.

• 14th Aug 2015

When I left I had bites all over me. The ceiling is weak, and the people upstairs were really loud, so I didn't sleep at all. The outlets are located in the weirdest places so you can't charge anything. You also have to pay for hot showers. The only nice thing about this place is the people. The ladies at the front desk were super nice.

Dear... As we mentioned so many times, if you leave a light on mosquitos come in, this happens all over the world! Yes the people staying above were loud and we did tell them to respect the other guests. Why did you not tell us that you could not sleep We could have moved you to a separate dorm. Any extra costs are clearly listed on the Website! You were also told that you could bring your things to reception for charging. All this info is given to you in writing upon arrival!

View all Lauterbrunnen Campsites