Scotty's Beach House Reviews

167 Reid Rd., Mission Beach, Australia

You just go to Mission Beach to stay in this hostel. One of my top favourites ever!!

We enjoyed our stay here. The hostel was right along the beach, however be advised were only a couple restaurants in this area of Mission Beach and they had long waits. Staff was really welcoming & helpful. Much of the common space is outdoors & is beautiful. Our dorm was a bit small but had a minifridge & ensuite. I felt the place was clean although it wasn't the best. Staff was great about switching out a not so clean mattress pad. There is free internet by the kitchen but it doesnt work well

Friendly staff and clean hostel. Not that social as a lot of people would sit around the free wifi spot. Not much to do in Mission Beach either. Good for a short one or two night stay.

So this place is very nice and staff helpful but from my arrival at 1pm till 11pm they let people play music on the hostel pa. Trying to relax in a hamock or even get an early night was just impossible. I spoke to the guy about this but to be honest I think he was under the impression more people liked it than didnt, Im not so sure I would agree from the people I spoke to. Paradise with a bad english LAD soundtrack sadly

Quiet and relaxed place with a nice pool and good showers. Very friendly staff!

I loved Scotty's!!! Mission beach though is a small place where most people go to skydive, do rafting or do farm work. During the weekend the people doing farming were partying, otherwise its quite (unless you make the party). Staff nice, surroundings are nice, pool awesome, TV room is good.

The hostel is located right across from the beach and also has a great pool surrounded by the rooms. Friendly and helpful staff, as well as a spacious kitchen. Regular lifts to the supermarket/town to catch the bus as well. Will stay at Scotty's again!

Room smelt like there was urine, nightly visit cockroachs, fridge not clean, pool not clean

Generally as a rule, if you're unhappy with something let us know at the time and give people the opportunity to make it right. We bend over backwards to ensure a good experience here at Scotty's. Our pool pump broke down and had to be sent away for repairs. Your room should not have smelt and the fridge should have been cleaned that morning but we could have moved you straight to another room. Cockroaches are not uncommon here in the tropics and we have spray available at reception.

Great hostel, right by the beach and also has a pool, great chill out place. Rooms great value and not noisy at night. Loads of places to chill out and a couple of cats to make friends with! Staff very friendly and helpfully too! 10/10

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • Scotland

friendly hostel a bit noisy late at night though

Staff were really friendly and helpful. I would have felt safer is there were lockers available. Nice hostel to relax in and very close to the beach.

We have a safe for valuables out the back :)

The only thing I missed was a lack of encouragement to recycle considering that everything else appears to be 'eco-friendly'.

The Cassowary Coast Regional Council do not offer re-cycling in Mission Beach so we can't really encourage it. If they did we certainly would! Thank you for your review Monika, happy travels :)

Hostel was really nice, you felt very welcome! Atmosphere was good, kitchen huge! The rooms were very small but all in all I had a good stay there! If you stop in Mission Beach you are probably planning on doing the Skydive, otherwise there is nothing really to do!

Staff were friendly, helpful & social...residents mingled...activities & facilities all fine...can not fault it!

It was a great time. If we come back to Mission Beach we will go to Scotty´s again. everything was great. only the internet was expensive but the people, the atmosphere ..... were great. Had so much fun sitting together and laughing. The tv-room is amazing and the pool is clean and deep!

Well it's some kind of a partyhostel.. there were a lot of young people. There is not much around the hostel. The shuttle service is cool. It was all about having fun fun fun.. that was a bit annoying.. it doesn't mean that I don't have fun if I'm not partying all night ;) The woman at reception was a little bit weird.

beautiful place, and very comfy beds!

Great pool, good atmosphere and value for money. The staff were very helpful - Mel in particular. There were lots of people who were staying there for work, which is good if you are planning to work as well as travel.

really nice hostel with friedly staff and excellent facilities . . . everything you could expect from a hostel :)

Great place, very friendly staff. Loved the restaurant close to the hotel. Liked the blanket at night. Internet bit expensive. Great location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7