Scream House Reviews

Viale Monza 111, Milan, Italy

nice hostel, very clean, conveniently located, very friendly & helpful staff.

• 14th Apr 2015

Was great place .. Staff was really friendly :)) I wish I stayed here when I was in Milan before , but I avoided due to some negative comments ... It's a good place to stay , love the shower .. Remember the extra 2 euro linen charge and 2 euro tourist tax . Still with that amount added really good value for money .

I heard a lot of negative things before staying here, and all you really need to know is that you get what you pay for. The staff was super helpful/friendly, and we were only there for one night, so maybe an extended stay would be different.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Toilette paper in the morning would be great, as well as a sign that the oven isn't working so you don't buy things which are supposed to cook in the oven.

Very nice woman helping us out, conveniently located right by the Metro, comfortable accommodations. I would definitely stay there again!

• 24th Mar 2015

Staying at Mussolini’s house in Milan is nostalgia, talking to the owner and mentioned how beautifully of a building it is with all the marble stairways. Had started the conversation saying she needs to change the name of the place, it is Scream hostel and when I booked had notice it and book another place that was a dump; so was walking bye when saw the sigh came in took a look and moved in. Great clean quiet place. Manager works hard and is disciplined, I had fore gone because of the name, sh

Scream hostel or a park bench? Choose the bench. The staff were incredibly rude to me and my companion. Our flight was delayed and when we arrived outside the gate and pressed the buzzer, the staff told us to "go away" and that "it's not my problem you're delayed." The website had advertised a 24-hour reception. We were left to wander the streets of Milan in the middle of the night, despite having paid a deposit for a room. Dreadful.

• 13th Mar 2015

Room and bathroom are nice, but staff is not friendly very much.

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Japan

Upon arrival we were not permitted to check in until 2pm (the universal time for check in we were aware of) the woman who owns the place was kind enough to allow us to keep our luggage there until check in time. When we returned early to wait, she was incredible rude about us being there which she later explained was because a previous stealing incident. Anyway, the place wasn't bad, bed was very comfortable but the place reeked of cigarette smoke! It was disgusting! Please be aware of this.

We stayed in Scream house two nights with my boyfriend while interrailing. Staff was friendly and lovely and we felt ourselves welcome. Location was about 2 km from the train station but we are used to walk so that wasn't long way at all. Just almost straight way. Kitchen, bathrooms and common space were clean and I have to say Scream house has been the best hostel I've stayed! Hope you recognize us from this text! All the best for you. (And sorry for waking you up early in the morning....)

Staff were mostly friendly and helpful (particularly with directions and power points as some were broken or falling off the wall) but one lady (staff) seemed suspicious that I wanted to use the kitchen on the other side of the hostel so I explained that it was because the kitchen on my side didn't have a microwave. She suggested that the kitchen would be closing in 5 minutes!! It never did and there were 3 other Italians having a chat and could have spent a long time there.

expect an 4-5 euros extra charged on arrival, besides what is written on the site

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Romania

My biggest complaint about the hostel is the location. It's a 30 minute walk from the train station and an even further walk from the border of central Milan. I don't mind walking a lot but it was still far. The hostel staff was friendly and run by a family. They say no smoking but the staff and guests smoked out the kitchen window. It was a little pricey for what one received but comparatively it was on the cheaper end. There are only two bathrooms, but was rarely an issue.

Staff were very informative, facilities were great (kitchen is still being improved), really nice rooms. A bit far to walk city centre but really close to metro. Not enough powerpoints in the dorm room, and security of bags isn't great. Other than that I enjoyed my stay and would stay again

theres a city tax of 2 euros plus 1.5 for bed linen,which is odd.wifi works good,kitchen and 2 bathrooms.lication is ok,not far from train station and 5 minutes from rovereto metro stations.bunkbeds are a bit shaky and staff make a lot of noise,even at night.but overall is ok,far better than other hostels in area

Altough the location is not the best, the price is very good for Milan. There are very few bathrooms for the amount of people... Consider that you have to pay 1,5 euro for sheets, 1 euro for the locker and 2 euro for tourist tax in addition. Also can´t stay in the hostel after check out. you can leave your stuff there but not i n a secure place.Staff okay. Don´t understand why they smoke in the common area while they warn the guests that they have to pay a fee if they would do it !?!

i think stuff is very very bud im sad so much i went to many place in Italy and many hostel i feel budest service i dont like here stuff

Very clean. A bit cold, especially in the bathroom.

I have to say this hostel is not as bad as the reviews online. The owner and her daughter were very friendly and helpful. They might not have a big smile on their face but they were welling to answer the questions I had and the security is alright. No strangers will be in and out of the hostel freely but there are no locks on the room doors however, lockers are provided on the hall way. Over all it is a very good value place to stay for a short term.

Hello! This Hostel is good to spend a night or two like I did, however there is some important lacks in the service. You can't print anything there and you have to search for information by yourself. In general it's fine if you have a good spirit, not amazing, but fine. Location is fine, 15/10 min from the center/station/night'zones, staff is fine, not rude but not very helpful, rooms are fine, clean and worm but always open, kitchen is fine and usefull. Wi-fi works good in the entire hostel.

• 23rd Jan 2015