Scream House Reviews

Viale Monza 111, Milan, Italy

Staff are very kind and helpful

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Japan

The lady on reception was there throughout our whole stay and she was absolutely lovely. Made us feel very welcome and was always accommodating. The actual place is like in a haunted house mansion building which is a lot of fun! The location isn't great as there were often people hanging about the street at night and it didn't feel that great but it was only 2 minutes walk away from the metro stop which we used to get out into the city more. And it felt incredibly safe inside. I'd come again! :)

The price it says all...Before coming to Italy I didn't knew about the relationship quality-price regarding hostels...now I know that I can't expect much of anything below 20 euros.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Chile

The prices that one have to pay is different than the prices in the website. I booked a bed for 11 euro but I paid around 15 euro for it.

Staff smoking inside the hostel the hole day, right beside a big sign of no smoking... It was just really annoying. Two bathrooms for too many people... So you have to q to take your shower and you will probably will have to do it in a a wet place. Also 2 euro a day for the tourist tax is unfair.

The hostel is quite good, except from the accident and 5 dorms, sharing only 2 bathrooms. (My exp: 1 bathroom shut down in the morning, after 8:00 am, people have to wait for a long time for the existing toilet) Staffs were bad that deciding to call for immediate reparation and started at 8:20 am. The huge sound of drilling the walls wake up people in the whole hostel. They don't concern lots are still sleeping.... (P.S. I woke up at 7:30am, the event don't affect me a lot).

First of all, the receptionist was really helpful. The location was not very close to the center but it's easy to get there by metro. Also, you can trust the Instruction that is given in by the hostel. You can get there following them. It was as clean as a hostel could be.

The beds are spring beds therefore not so comfy to sleep on. The owner said it was too hot so we got nothing to cover ourselves when we went to bed, a piece of thin sheet could have been better than no cover at all. The staff themselves chain smoked the whole time despite there's no smoking sign.

When I arrive at the hostel, there wasnt no one yo open the doors. I was waiting for a long time and when finally the woman opened, she was really ignorant and not polite at all. The room was ok, the beds and everything. But the staff was really desorganized. I've never been there againg.

Wasn't a bad hostel, but I didn't like the fact that the hostel and the rooms were always open for anybody who wanted to enter. At least you can rent a key to use the lockers in the room.

No security at all And it's in a pretty scary area to begin with. The lady at the front desk is just rude. Spend the extra 5€ and stay somewhere else!

• 27th May 2014

The staff is not really helpful and it looks like some of their "friends" or "family" live there. Those people were really noisy, impolite and desorganized. I was a little bit scared.

The security here wasn't the best. The rooms didn't lock at all but they did have lockers. Unfortunately, you did have to pay to use the lockers. It was only 1 euro so I was okay with it but it was a little annoying. The location was away from the city center but easily accessible by metro. The worst thing here was the beds. They were bunk beds and I'm a rather light woman but I could have pulled the bed over. Since I was on the top bunk, it was a little frightening getting in and out of bed.

• 23rd May 2014

First of all, I was stolen 200 Euros in this hostel, and then this hostel is really Scream Hostel, my friend she was not feeling good at night, some people was walking, and making noisy... Secondly, the public area was really small...everything was samll...

If you are lucky, don't choose this hostel. It is worst experience in my life. I was locked outside of Milan street at 2 am. And I called and knocked the door and tried everything I could but it didn't work. In the end, I called the police and they helped me to find a new hostel.

• 22nd May 2014
  • China

The hostel is very well clean and it is in a relatively good location (two or three stops by subway from the main attractions). However, the staff could have been more friendly (she miss-understood something that It was said in English and reacted in a rude way). But in general the hostel reached our expectations.

The location is about 5 stations away from milano cetrale but whatever it's cheaper! Public transportation in milan is well-developed you won't have any problems with moving by metro (trust me ive been milan more than 5 times)

Really enjoyed this hostel. It was well maintained and right near the metro stop.

Actually everything is fine, except that the hostel owner is really mean and not very friendly.

Nice and clean and close to a metro. Staff was helpful. no common area and only two bathrooms but still a good deal.

• 8th May 2014