Scream House Reviews

Viale Monza 111, Milan, Italy

The hostel is only 5 stops from center (duomo) and 10 minutes with one change by metro which makes hostel preferable. And the woman at the reception desk who calls us 'baby' is so nice and helpful.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

the woman in the hostel was very rude she threw our clothes away when we put it on a bed which is non occupied

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Egypt

Clean rooms and bathrooms. A nice usable kitchen. Well connected with the metro. Staff very friendly and informative. The only downside is there is no communal area so you don't meet others bur this may be a good thing if you are trying to sleep as it was nice and quiet.

Nice, clean, very well situated (not in the centre, but the underground is next to the hostel and the line there leads directly to the city centre, in less than 10 minutes you can be at the Duomo), sure, with a very friendly personal, and easy facilities. No extra charges (apart from those already indicated, such as the tourist fare), and lots of help. Will repeat on my next visit to Milano, if I have the luck to come buck to such a wonderful city!

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Overall the hostel is good, however I went there during the Milan Brera Design Week, and back then all hostels almost doubles their prices, including Scream House. As a consequence, the value was not that great. Still, the hostel is clean, in what seems to be a quite safe neighbourhod. An extra comment about the bed that wasn't very comfortable (I was in the upper part of a bunk bed in an 8-bed dorm)

The scream hostel did all that I needed it to do. I used Milan as a stop over before continuing on travels. The place was secure and the washroom facility was nice. The only downsides were that there was only one bathroom to be used by many, you have to pay for your sheets extra, and there was no proper common room. The hostel is located close enough to walk to though rather than taking the metro although I wouldn't walk during night.

There are many things about this place that aren't great. First of all the security system- you have to buzz in on the intercom at a gate surrounding the building and pretty much explain who you are each time you want to re-enter the hostel. Additionally, the lady who works there will open every window in the hostel in the afternoon pretty much making it impossible for you to sleep late or comfortably hang out. I also thinks she lives there cause I saw her sleeping behind the front desk.

Affordable and reliable place, for people who are not looking for debauchery at all, that's a right place. Scream :)

I only stayed one night and the facility was close to public transport so I could travel in the city ok. Not the best part of town at night.

The distance to the train station made this hostel a great location for us. It has all the basics and the staff spoke good English. Wifi was good but had trouble finding places to charge electronics.

A decent place to stay, not very expensive and close to the metro and city center. Just don't expect too much interaction with people, and the staff is not very friendly but they do their job quite well. The Wi-Fi is quite good.

To be honest, it was the worst place I have ever stayed at. First of all, it's not 3 minutes from the station (as I was told) but 15 minutes by metro. The room was cold (no heating at all) and dirty - we found used cotton pads and ear buds in the bathroom. The room is not even in the main hostel area, but next to the main stairs in the building, so we heard noises all the time. Kitchen is tiny and don't have even a kettle! Beds are unsafe and smelly. And we didn't have our own key to the room!

There is a huge different when travelers are running a hostel and when you just run a hostel. It is a 4 rooms hotel with a kitchen and two shared bathrooms. The doors of the rooms are never close. Good ambient. Very relax. Good wifi. Be aware that they charge you for the hostel world commission 10%, the city tax €2, the shits €1,50 and towel another euro. For lockers another euro and you cannot use your lock if you have one. The lady running it was nice. Good location, not central but close.

Overall, Scream House was a pleasant experience. My only real complaint is the location and security of our room. Scream House is located in a larger building with other residents (including another hostel). Our room was located outside the general confines of the Scream House which isn't bad in itself, but the only way to get into our rome was to have the staff let us in. It would have been nicer to have our own key as to not have to bother the staff when coming in late. (We had the private 6)

• 21st Feb 2014

a good hostel to stay 1-2 days but is have poor facilities

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Greece

Staff very friendly and the location secure, compared to the surroundings (someone tried to mug me while I was walking downtown with a friend). Also, it was very quiet at night, so we caught a good night rest. Stayed there for two nights.

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Romania

very good~ very kind

• 1st Feb 2014
  • South Korea

The place was really clean and nice, it just lacked good common areas. I didn't really feel a "hostel" atmosphere because of that, it just lacked the "something more". The staff was great and also quite "Italian"; you felt like if you were at a real Italian home! Yet, at some points it was just too much, as I am not used to people being so loud. They should be more selective with their guests. There was a disturbing old woman staying there, who made weird noises and didn't really belong.

Great, clean and really cheap hostel...

It's like a ghost house from outside. Inside also has the dark atmosphere. However, the hostel is clean. No breakfast. Anyway, it's the cheapest hostel I could get, and it's not bad for Milan price I guess. The lady there, maybe the owner also really nice and friendly.

View all Milan Bed and Breakfasts