Scream House Reviews

Viale Monza 111, Milan, Italy

Pluses: Quite clean Minuses: No space to put your bags, just in room without any security Instead of soap in the bathroom the shampoo of previous guests The biggest concern is the reception (actually a bed with a table, remain of soviet Union dormitory reception), with a woman that behave something between your teacher in a high school and a person who make fool out of you-unpleasant answers to the questions, more like a teaching then helping. she is smoking right on the reception.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Belarus

Recepcionist smokes all the time inside the hostel! All the hostel smells cigarette, include the rooms. The lockers are too small and outside the room. But the rooms are very clean, wifi works good. The location is fine, there's a metro station near.

The woman on reception was racist and she treated us very bad (maybe because we were a group of African-French artists who participated to work at an event in Milan?). Even though we had paid in advance for the stay of 4 nights would find excuses to steal an overnight stay (luckily we had the receipt). The organizer of the event wanted to call the police because in reality the person who runs the hostel is a thief. I will never stay in this hostel and I will give my ratings worst

The women in reception has been racist and she treated us very bad (maybe because we were a group of African artists who participated in an event in Milan?). Even though we had paid in advance for the stay 4 nights she wanted to find excuses to steal a day booking alleging forgery. The organizer of the event wanted to call the police because really the person who runs the hostel is a thief. We will never ever in quell'ostello and give our worst ratings

Nice hostel, friendly staff and clean. Little out of the centre but all hostel s are in Milan. Great travel links and don't underestimate the local area!

overall the stay was fine. the shower was a let down....it was either super burn yourself hot and cold and there were only two bathrooms for the whole hostel. rooms didn't lock and locker was beside the kitchen. no 'lounge' space to be comfortable and meet people. it was fine!

Super quiet hostel since it's kind of out of the way and there aren't really common areas. On the other hand, everything is super clean and the city center is only a few stops away by metro. They have kind of insane policies about not using the facilities after check out - but otherwise the staff is pretty friendly and helpful. Perfect place to stay if you're looking for a clean quiet place to sleep, not so much if you're looking to meet people or party.

I didn't like because when i did the checkin, the recepcionist ask me about 2 taxs abd i had to pay more than i should. I still don't understand. I think the hostel world web site should be clear and tell what is the real price.

I had a great time there, the bathroom very clean. 15 minutes from central station by walk, nice staff.

Most comfortable bed I've stayed in. Not the best location kinda far from everything.

The owner seems a little rude sometimes.... the other employees are even worst. There is no atmosphere because the common area is a kitchen, though. On the other hand, is SUPER CLEAN, they have only 2, but fantastic bathrooms, well equipped kitchen. really close to metro station. Internet is also pretty good.

First, good location ! From Central station, its about 10-15min. Located close to the Metro, easy to reach anywhere in Milan. Its true that the receptionists smoked quite often, if you are strongly against the indoor smokers then you wont gonna like it. However its not that worst like you couldnt breath or see. Receptionists were rather helpful. Most of the previous comments showed the fact. Extra 2e for bed sheet, door of the rooms are unlocked but its actually common in italy. Security is ok

Only stayed one night but was everything we needed without much more. Comfortable and clean, though perhaps lacking a bit in security: doors didn't lock, few lockers. Absolutely no signage out the front made it hard to find (look for the number). Tasty, massive Pizzas to be found across the road were worth it. Overall it was still good value for Milan.

This was an average hostel nothing to brag about but defiantly nothing to seriously complain about they workers did smoke but they used the window the best the could and they where helpful when we arrived giving us a map and a little info on the city of Milano I'd stay again

The taxes and linens are NOT included in the Price !!! Our stay was much more expensive than we thought it would be, what isn't really cool when your are travelling on a budget. The rooms werent cozy or kind of that and the kitchen (the second one..There are two) was really bad equiped. I definitely won't come a second time!

I am tired to explain to each customer to read very well the hostel conditions on the website, because like this they will never have anything to complain about the price! -Please note that starting from the 1th of july 2013, there is an extra city taxes applied 2€ person/night witch is not included in the main price! - Please note:that these facilities are not included in the main price: linen 1,50 obligatory, towel 1.00/person

I thought for the money I would get only a basic place to sleep, but the hostel is amazing. Clean, spacious, easy to reach, with nice staff - I loved it. If I ever come to Milan again, I would definitely go back to this hostel.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Croatia

You get what you are paying for: a bed. Don't expext to much from this place. Close to the metro station.

1. I brought my own linen but they still charge me for their linen, saying it's compulsory. 2. I store my luggage after checking out and return at night, used their public area for 10 min and the bathroom, then all of a sudden, the reception require me to pay another night's fee for using their facility, after my refusal, they threaten to charge my credit card unless I leave in 5 mins. This is the worst experience I ever had in a hostel. HostelWorld should also do sth to protect our credit card

Madam/Sir client, if in the agency is clearly written under "hostel condition" that linen are 1.50 € OBLIGATORY, means that the bed is allready prepared with linen, so how can you come up with bedding linen from home? And of course, a person after check-out must leave the hostel, so why then will be called CHECK OUT (11:00) if you come back to the hostel at 22:00 in the night to reuse the utilities that you have paid the night before? What would happen with those who did check-in that day?

A nice hostel inside of a nice building. Staff working hard to keep tidy. I will book again. It would be great if more toilet there.

Not exactly the best hostel, cleaning is from 11am-2pm, during this time you can neither check-in nor stay there and use wifi. It is quite far away from the centre and the neighbourhood does not look too promissing. All in all, nothing serious but you should not stay there if you plan to be in Milan for more than one night.

• 12th Sep 2014

I do not understand why some customers complains about they can not check in earlier than scheduled time on the website? But in the agency is clearly written that check-in is at 14:00 during which it runs the cleaning. So it's a thing you should already know from the time you made your reservation! Why then leave a comment on the agency's about something you already knew long time before you reach us? It makes no sense!

View all Milan Bed and Breakfasts