Scream House Reviews

Viale Monza 111, Milan, Italy

WATCH OUT FOR THE WITCH THAT LIVES WITHIN THE WALLS OF THE SCREAM HOUSE

• 17th May 2015

Although there are only 2 bathrooms, they were great! The security was non existent and you had to pay for a top sheet and towel but I would stay here again.

• 17th May 2015

It was an alright stay, but the owner had a carrot up her arse the whole time. She needs to chill out and be more welcoming to backpackers.

• 14th May 2015

We were 10 in a 6 dorm rooms (smells and little fresh air) The staff is welcoming

Very angry unfriendly staff ,no soaps or shampoo in the or shoes,or,kettle to the water or to coffee quality ,charge more than what you see in the bookings booking,no top sheets, no lockers and there is a sign up saying that they are are not responsible for lost items.

Located a few metres away from the metro line, everything is in reach within a few stops. Also the neighbourhood is not touristic, so there is plenty of cheap food around. Supermarkets are just around the corner. The hotel itself is best described as: "Bed with a roof" - nothing too special, a cheap place to stay.

dont go there! cheap but not worth not really secure! no room keys, only 2 available lockers in a 8 ppl room, the only thing holding someone outside is ringing the bell at the gate, and claim to have already checked in! manager and stuff really NOT friendly, was really doing my best to avoid them. kitchen had nothing in it - if u wanna cook bring your pots and pans.. smell of cigarettes everywhere. and to qoute the receptioniest - "you would not believe the type of guests we sometimes get"

Very clean hostel and good staff. The location is quite good, 10 minutes with metro from the city center and in a area with many cheap and ethnic restaurants.

I figured "Scream House" was a theme for the hostel, nothing more. Well, it's in a sketchy neighborhood, the staff lady was more concerned about watching her tv show than checking me in, the outlet barely kept my charger in it, the kitchen area is very run down, etc. The only positives I can say are that I was the only person in my room and the mattress was comfortable. However, I would not recommend to others to stay here.

it's called scream house because it's a nightmare.. The staff made me feel uncomfortable, they would make it sound as if they were doing me a huge favor whenever providing a normal service, like giving me a towel (that I would pay for). You have to buz into the building every time. There are two doors to get in, sometimes the second door would be locked and I would have to go back to the buzzer. At this point, when I got in, the staff verbally abused me, questioning If I knew how to open doors.

• 1st May 2015

I think the only way to explain this hostel is that you get what you pay for. It's really cheap, but that's because it's in a sketchy part of town and all you pay for is a bed for the night. It's not bad, but it's not great either.

• 29th Apr 2015

We loved the owner. She made sure that the place was clean and she had good taste in music. The beds were quite comfortable and there was a nice and friendly atmosphere. It was a bit far from the centre but we still really enjoyed our stay.

An unusual Hostel but we had a lovely stay and really enjoyed Milan. The owners were absolutely lovely and very helpful, showing us exactly where the best places to visit are and which ticket to buy to get there. To get to the Hostel you ring the bell and go to the first floor as there are families living on the other floors but it really is a nice place despite the name! Take a chance on Scream House :)

Apart from a tricky entry system, and no locks on any doors once you'd called up and been let in- this was a great hostel in a beautiful historic building. The staff was amusing and pleasant to chat with. The credit card machine didn't really work for some cards- but we managed. Good bedroom, lovely showers with amazing water pressure, very nicely decorated. Great place to stay in Milan, close to the M1 line which goes right where you'd want to go!

nice hostel, very clean, conveniently located, very friendly & helpful staff.

• 14th Apr 2015

The place is ok. The best Thing about it is a staff which is very helpful. It is also very clean place and is easily accessible. There are not enough bathrooms though. At evening time the bathrooms are always taken. another weird Thing is that you have to pay additionally for bed linen but in fact you receive nothing to cover the blanket...only the badsheet and pillow cover. in order to receive the blanket cover you Need to pay additionally once more...completelly doesnt make sense...

Was great place .. Staff was really friendly :)) I wish I stayed here when I was in Milan before , but I avoided due to some negative comments ... It's a good place to stay , love the shower .. Remember the extra 2 euro linen charge and 2 euro tourist tax . Still with that amount added really good value for money .

I heard a lot of negative things before staying here, and all you really need to know is that you get what you pay for. The staff was super helpful/friendly, and we were only there for one night, so maybe an extended stay would be different.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Toilette paper in the morning would be great, as well as a sign that the oven isn't working so you don't buy things which are supposed to cook in the oven.

Very nice woman helping us out, conveniently located right by the Metro, comfortable accommodations. I would definitely stay there again!

• 24th Mar 2015