Scream House Reviews

Viale Monza 111, Milan, Italy

I will definitely not stay at this hostel again! By far the worst hostel during my Europe-trip. First of all, the owner will charge you for everything. You pay for your linen, you need to pay for a locker, etc. Your linen are actually washed, but your blanket is not, so you will get the used one from the person who stayed in your bed before. Only 2 bathrooms for over 20 people. Booked a 8-bed-dorm, but then another double bed was put in the room. Super loud due to the disco in the basement.

Is very basic and gets the job done if you're lime me and just needed a bed for a night. wouldn't stay longer, zero atmosphere.

The lady working/owner is freaky. She clearly does not want to be there. She also smokes right by the desk, so the whole floor smells on smoke. Would not stay there again.

• 18th Sep 2015

Security in the hostel is ridiculous, I had to bring my bag pack with me everywhere, Location is absolutely terrible, I thought I was in the ghetto, there was dirty mattresses right at the corner, nothing in the area.. Staff is scream house, where very rude, didn't say much ever, then on my check out, after I checked out, I was waiting in the lobby for awhile as my flight wasn't till the evening and they asked me to leave.. No help whatsoever.. It was very clean and tidy.

You don't have bedding as such, there's a pile of really manky itchy blankets that you have to help yourself to. The shower was awful and there were dead mosquitos squished into the wall everywhere. I was on the ricketiest bunk bed ever. It's fine if you're just stopping to sleep but if we'd have stayed for more than one night I'd be seriously put out.

Staff very friendly and helpful! Had to wait half an hour for shower in the morning, but hostel was very clean.

• 8th Sep 2015

Wonderful old building, and absolutely spotlessly clean. But the staff were quite patronising and not very friendly. A nice building is not all you need for a good atmosphere. Also no lounge room

Be careful about a witch in reception. That's all I can say.

Nice little hostel. Quite quiet while still being social. Lady who ran it was nice and helpful. Shower was a bit unreliable though. Not in the centre of Milan but easy to reach by metro.

This place has a massive bed bug problem - she tried to claim it was Mosquitos. There must be hundreds we were literally eaten alive one night and so was everyone else in the room. I would not stay here again and recommend no one else does

• 7th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

The manager needs to improve her attitude towards the guests

Location was probably the best thing of this hostel, just 3 stops by metro from Central Station. All the rest was quite disappointment. First of all for 1,5 euros which are stated online, you get a sheet and the pillow, but not the cover sheet, which is another 1 euro. I just got an old and dirty blanket, showers were the worst I ever had. The woman at the reception is not the expected personality for the backpackers hostel, but she helped a lot to my sick friend and we are very thankful to her

Always had to wait for he bathroom but I like that there's a kitchen and the place is clean and nice. Far from the sights but really close to the metro so it's easy to get around. You have to rent a key for lockers, can't drink inside, the bunks are kinda small, and the wifi was a bit spotty, but those are all small complaints. A comfortable quiet hostel, not really a social hangout spot but the manager was nice and I enjoyed my stay.

Although the place was nice and clean, it annoyed me that the guests were not given keys and had to ring the doorbell every time we went out. It usually took the lady at the front desk 10 minutes to respond and let me in.

Unfortunately there were only two bathrooms.... so one had to wait sometimes. Apart from that everything worked out just fine! =)

I'm sorry to say this but the lady at the reception during the night shift doesn't want to be there actually doing that job. Because of this she ended up treating me really rude and she asked me not to book another night the next day because she didn't like me. I wonder if the owner knows about it. Besides for a much cheaper price you can get the same somewhere else.

1 2 Next » last »