Scream House Reviews

Viale Monza 111, Milan, Italy

it's called scream house because it's a nightmare.. The staff made me feel uncomfortable, they would make it sound as if they were doing me a huge favor whenever providing a normal service, like giving me a towel (that I would pay for). You have to buz into the building every time. There are two doors to get in, sometimes the second door would be locked and I would have to go back to the buzzer. At this point, when I got in, the staff verbally abused me, questioning If I knew how to open doors.

• 1st May 2015

I think the only way to explain this hostel is that you get what you pay for. It's really cheap, but that's because it's in a sketchy part of town and all you pay for is a bed for the night. It's not bad, but it's not great either.

• 29th Apr 2015

We loved the owner. She made sure that the place was clean and she had good taste in music. The beds were quite comfortable and there was a nice and friendly atmosphere. It was a bit far from the centre but we still really enjoyed our stay.

An unusual Hostel but we had a lovely stay and really enjoyed Milan. The owners were absolutely lovely and very helpful, showing us exactly where the best places to visit are and which ticket to buy to get there. To get to the Hostel you ring the bell and go to the first floor as there are families living on the other floors but it really is a nice place despite the name! Take a chance on Scream House :)

Apart from a tricky entry system, and no locks on any doors once you'd called up and been let in- this was a great hostel in a beautiful historic building. The staff was amusing and pleasant to chat with. The credit card machine didn't really work for some cards- but we managed. Good bedroom, lovely showers with amazing water pressure, very nicely decorated. Great place to stay in Milan, close to the M1 line which goes right where you'd want to go!

It wasn't the worst hostel I've stayed in. Its run by a single lady by herself so she is always seeming to be running around cleaning, checking people in, and everything else. We arrived a little early and weren't to sure what to do checking in and all. The intercom to call in is hard to hear through. The wifi worked great, having a full kitchen was great to make dinner at. The security was alright, just make sure to lock your belongings and lock up your valuables in the lockers.

nice hostel, very clean, conveniently located, very friendly & helpful staff.

• 14th Apr 2015

The place is ok. The best Thing about it is a staff which is very helpful. It is also very clean place and is easily accessible. There are not enough bathrooms though. At evening time the bathrooms are always taken. another weird Thing is that you have to pay additionally for bed linen but in fact you receive nothing to cover the blanket...only the badsheet and pillow cover. in order to receive the blanket cover you Need to pay additionally once more...completelly doesnt make sense...

Was great place .. Staff was really friendly :)) I wish I stayed here when I was in Milan before , but I avoided due to some negative comments ... It's a good place to stay , love the shower .. Remember the extra 2 euro linen charge and 2 euro tourist tax . Still with that amount added really good value for money .

I heard a lot of negative things before staying here, and all you really need to know is that you get what you pay for. The staff was super helpful/friendly, and we were only there for one night, so maybe an extended stay would be different.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Toilette paper in the morning would be great, as well as a sign that the oven isn't working so you don't buy things which are supposed to cook in the oven.

Very nice woman helping us out, conveniently located right by the Metro, comfortable accommodations. I would definitely stay there again!

average facilities and no common room to facilitate talking. people just keep to themselves. lack of sockets to plug into too, but staff are quite helpful.

Staying at Mussolini’s house in Milan is nostalgia, talking to the owner and mentioned how beautifully of a building it is with all the marble stairways. Had started the conversation saying she needs to change the name of the place, it is Scream hostel and when I booked had notice it and book another place that was a dump; so was walking bye when saw the sigh came in took a look and moved in. Great clean quiet place. Manager works hard and is disciplined, I had fore gone because of the name, sh

Scream hostel or a park bench? Choose the bench. The staff were incredibly rude to me and my companion. Our flight was delayed and when we arrived outside the gate and pressed the buzzer, the staff told us to "go away" and that "it's not my problem you're delayed." The website had advertised a 24-hour reception. We were left to wander the streets of Milan in the middle of the night, despite having paid a deposit for a room. Dreadful.

• 13th Mar 2015

Room and bathroom are nice, but staff is not friendly very much.

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Japan

Upon arrival we were not permitted to check in until 2pm (the universal time for check in we were aware of) the woman who owns the place was kind enough to allow us to keep our luggage there until check in time. When we returned early to wait, she was incredible rude about us being there which she later explained was because a previous stealing incident. Anyway, the place wasn't bad, bed was very comfortable but the place reeked of cigarette smoke! It was disgusting! Please be aware of this.

We stayed in Scream house two nights with my boyfriend while interrailing. Staff was friendly and lovely and we felt ourselves welcome. Location was about 2 km from the train station but we are used to walk so that wasn't long way at all. Just almost straight way. Kitchen, bathrooms and common space were clean and I have to say Scream house has been the best hostel I've stayed! Hope you recognize us from this text! All the best for you. (And sorry for waking you up early in the morning....)

Staff were mostly friendly and helpful (particularly with directions and power points as some were broken or falling off the wall) but one lady (staff) seemed suspicious that I wanted to use the kitchen on the other side of the hostel so I explained that it was because the kitchen on my side didn't have a microwave. She suggested that the kitchen would be closing in 5 minutes!! It never did and there were 3 other Italians having a chat and could have spent a long time there.

expect an 4-5 euros extra charged on arrival, besides what is written on the site

• 25th Feb 2015