Seadragon Backpackers Reviews

36 Waterloo Street, Brighton, England

Liam, the guy that runs this place is awesome. Everything else about the place could be described as average at best, if I'm being generous and shoddy and run down if not. Wouldn't really recommend but it does have beds so the essential thing is there. The place definitely needs some love to get it to a reasonable place to stay in. There's so much "work being done" (slash NOT being done) and all but one of the toilets weren't in working order.

This place was disgusting. It smelled like rubbish. I understand there were working on it but the place it was antihigienic. Shared bathrooms were dirty with dirty towels on the floor, toothbrashes, wet paper, hair and dust (never cleaned?). Peeing there was imposible. Nothing to say about showeing. Regarding the kitchen, was dirty too. Someone entered in our room before the check out when we were sleeping, as if it was normal. I ve been sleeping in many places but never like this.Never recomend

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Im so sorry you had such an unpleasant stay with us. We have been juggling renovating with trying to stay open, and whilst I know this is no excuse for the standards you experienced it is the reason. We are in the process of getting the hostel back up to the standards we started with back when we first opened. Everything had gotten a little tired (and dirty). We have cleaned and sanded and painted from top to bottom and we have all new bedding and furnishings. Sorry again.

Seems like I've been harsh, but it's in the beginnings of being refurbished whilst open. It basically just offer's a bed which I'm cool with but there was no atmosphere whatsoever. But ultra friendly staff.

Hi, thank you for your feedback. Not harsh at all! Its been tricky keeping it all going through the refurbishment, but we are nearly there! Hopefully you'll be back to see the finished thing!

You most definitely get what you paid for with Seadragon Backpackers. But overall enjoyed my stay very much, staff were very helpful and accommodating. There's a large kitchen with access to some basic food items (tea, coffee, toast etc), you're also able to bring your own food to cook etc. Sizable social room with tele, board games etc. Free wifi. Can't complain at all.

• 14th Feb 2014

The hostel was going through some renovations in its top floor dorms, one of which I had booked. However, I was upgraded to a room with only two beds, so it was a pleasant surprise to have my own space for sleeping. Was given a friendly welcome when I booked in. Although the hostel is not right in the centre, it is not far and was able to get a good night's sleep each night. It was good to have some kitchen facilities, to prepare some of my own food too; not something you get at every hostel

• 15th Nov 2013