Seadragon Backpackers Reviews

36 Waterloo Street, Brighton, England

Nicest hostel I have stayed in to date.

• 15th Sep 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Super friendly staff, rooms are basic, but nice and clean. Lovely kitchen! Only 15 min walk from city centre. Recommended!

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

My girlfriend and i spent 2 nights here in a private room and we didnt want to leave!! Had an amazing time here! Beautifully decorated, central location, wonderful staff. Kevin was amazing! Very helpful and friendly. Huge selection of complimentary breakfast foods, kitchen is big and has everything you need. Would definitely be back here again!!!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Thank you very much for such an excellent review! If you visit Brighton again we hope to see you back at Seadragon :-)

We really enjoyed our stay at this hostel in Brighton. It was clean and comfortable with friendly and helpful staff.

This hostel was a short walk to the beach and 15 minute walk to the pier. The kitchen amenities were great and breakfast was available at anytime. The staff were welcoming and helpful. I could see the ocean from the 4 bed mixed dorm I stayed in. The hostel is beautifully deforested and makes for a great atmosphere.

would definitely stay again if i ever needed a hostel in brighton! the kitchen could do with some extra things… there didn't seem to be a frying pan whilst i was there… but apart from that, it's a super lovely place, near plenty of supermarkets and a little walk to the beach. really cute spaces too - the seating area for breakfast is adorable. really friendly staff!

This place is great, owners and manager are very helpful and friendly, and the place is clean and tidy,. Great value for the money no room over 4 beds, a very nice bathroom on each floor, with unlimited hot water to wash away the travel woes. Nice kitchen and lounge areas, free Wi-Fi. Also they are security conscious, with automatic lighting where needed, like outside the side after hour’s entrance. Terrific location, close to beach and shopping, there's a great co,-op market just steps away.

• 4th Jul 2014

Hi! Thanks very much for a great review! We are constantly looking to improve the service that we offer to our guests so it's lovely to get some positive feedback. Thanks again and please look us up if you head back this way!

Hostel was great, warm and friendly and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Facilities were clean and the place is obviously run very well. Would recommend.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Accueil adorable, hotel bien placé non loin de la plage,du centre historique et de la gare. Si vous avez le sommeil leger, ce n'est pas très très bruyant mais prévoir des boules quies car la chambre donne sur la rue.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Lovely hostel and good location, close to all amenities, really handy. I loved the deco and the atmosphere there, everyone was really friendly, I had a lovely stay in Brighton.

Excellent beds, great nights sleep. Hostel is undergoing renovation which is why it was so cheap, but this did not really affect our trip at all. Overall definitely enjoyed it. Longer reception hours would be preferable.

Hi, Thanks for your lovely review! We agree that our beds are extremely comfortable :-) Our renovation is now complete and we are looking at extending our reception hours, thanks again for your feedback, Kevin, manager.

The hostel is now in its final stages of being refurbished and looks great. More like a boutique hotel with hostel crowd and atmosphere. Clean, bright colourful rooms and run by a lovely couple. Ignore reviews from previous months when building work was being done, the place now looks and is great. We had a great time at Seadragon.

• 19th Jun 2014

It's nice place to stay, very good area, bedroom, living room, price. the two managers are very nice and helpfull for everything.

First I hesitated to book after the negative comments but gave it a go and it was a good decision. I stayed in the 4 bedroom dorm. Room, bathroom and kitchen were clean and very new after the refurbishment. Staff was helpful and recommended good places to visit in Brighton. Atmosphere was a bit low but I think it's always down to the people staying there but everything seems to be given in the hostel for good fun. Personally I'd stay here again if visited Brighton again in the future. Good luck!

The hostel was still under construction when I was there but I wasn't bothered by any noise or dust, etc. The staff was extremely nice, friendly (& attractive) :) Breakfast & fresh linens incl. I stayed in Brighton to rest & get some energy back after backpacking & it was a perfect respite. I'm not sure about how the location is to someone who likes to party but it's only 2 blocks from the beach & across the street from the co-op. Suggestions: curtains over bathroom windows. I hope to return! :D

Nice hostel, in final stages of renovations. Still some work to do, but the staff and location are great and the big kitchen is fantastic. Fresh bread and coffee is a really nice touch. Would recommend.