Seadragon Backpackers Reviews

36 Waterloo Street, Brighton, England

This hostel is cozy, intimate, peaceful, and quiet. It's a bit of a hike, however, to and from the train station and the bus stop. The reception hours are also quite limited, although I did receive an email prior to my arrival with the reception times. I was a bit concerned about not having lockers in the dorms as well. There are a few very small lockers in the kitchen. I hope the hostel will consider bringing back the dorm lockers that disappeared with their remodel. Still great overall.

The staff made us feel very welcome and there was a really nice and relaxed atmosphere. The room was very bright and new, and the location is great!

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Denmark

Loved my stay at Seadragon! By far the comfiest hostel bed I've slept in and it was nice to have only 4 people in a room unlike 10+ elsewhere. Not a party hostel - I had friendly & considerate roommates. Slight issue with water pooling in bathrooms after people had taken showers - there was a sign to dry off before hopping out of the shower but it didn't seem to be followed! Otherwise facilities were good - great WiFi, good breakfast selection and kitchen area, comfy lounge.

Excellent hostel. Staff really nice and helpful. Well set-up for a small hostel and a nice atmosphere. Great location close to beach and only short walk into the high street and to the train station. Highly recommend.

A small but lovely hostel. Very clean. Staff is only there during the day, but it was very easy to self checkin for my late arrival.

Excellent hostel, clean, really friendly and helpful staff and gr

• 7th Jun 2015

We had a little trouble finding the place but after ringing the hostel we had a lot of help with the guy at the hostel keeping a park for us by the front door. Breakfast was excellent with fresh farm eggs and plenty to keep you happy. Kitchen was clean and we had no problems cooking.

Seadragon is an awsome hostel: great atmosphere, clean, close to the beach, good beds and Kevin is the perfect host. Will recommend this hostel!

It was perfect place to stay for a night. The owner was very friendly and helpful which made us feel very welcome. The bedroom and bathroom were spotless and The mattress was the best one that I've ever slept on in a hostel. The two things that I think might be worth considering are that there were no plug sockets near the bed, so it might be worth putting extension leads in the rooms. Also, there appeared to be no towels available (even for an extra cost) for those who forget to bring them.

• 16th May 2015

Hi! Thanks very much for taking the time to leave the review and positive feedback. Towels are indeed available for anyone who requests them. You can do that either at time of booking, in which case they'll be waiting for you or you can ask at reception and we'll provide a towel right then - both options are free of charge :-)

This place is awesome. Super. Rad host, free breakfast, comfy beds. What more could you ask for. My. Only suggestion is to be patient, it can take quite a while to get to the temperature you want it to be.

I had an awesome time here, the kitchen had a great atmosphere and I met some lovely people from around the world. Everything was clean and to be totally honest, it felt like home. I don't think I'll be back in this part of the world any time soon but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to any one traveling through Brighton. Thanks for being an honest hostel guys!

• 5th May 2015

Our overall stay was very nice, everything clean, the staff very friendly and helpful. The location is just great - 15 mins walk to the center/Brighton Pier or Pavilion, around the corner of an abundance of shops, delis, supermarkets and so on! The only sad thing is that the well equipped kitchen in the cellar smells almost unbearably moldy, as do the two niches in which you are supposed to eat (and where you can spot the mold in places). I did not really want to eat there, despite everything

Hi and thank you for your feedback! Our kitchen does not and has never smelt of mold! We have an extraction system that operates very well. During your stay we were painting some of the flooring in the basement and we think it's possible that this is what you were able to smell- but this is very different to mold. If it were almost unbearable as you mentioned then we're sure other people would have mentioned it in their reviews but they have not :-) Kevin, Manager.

Kevin is the perfect host, he made sure we got in late, the room is lovely and there is everything you need. location is also perfect, breakfast was great and we could also leave our bags in the front room during the day- we will be back, thanks KeviN!

• 26th Mar 2015

Easily walking distance to the beach front. Rooms were clean and great facilities. Staff were brilliant! Very helpful and friendly

• 21st Mar 2015

The guy at the reception (I guess he was the owner) was so friendly and helped us with everything we needed. The hostel is small and clean, I'd definitively go back. It's good value for money ;)

Really great hostel with a friendly atmosphere! Kevin was extremely helpful and has some great recommendations, will be back in the summer time without a doubt!

This was quite a nice hostel - the room was large, they provide a towel, and the breakfast was good. It's not right in the centre of Brighton, but the middle of town can get pretty rowdy, so that's probably a good thing! There didn't seem to be much atmosphere, but I was only there for one night, and it was winter.

Hi and many thanks for your positive review of our hostel :-) At Seadragon we are optimists all year round and consider March to be Spring not Winter! In fact, we're so desperate for sunshine that we'll take 9 degrees and call it Summer.. On the dates of your stay (A Monday night) we were 90% full, but with only 6 rooms here, if most people are out and about enjoying our awesome rowdy city the hostel can be a quiet place. The optimist in us will always see that as a positive aspect. Kevin

The hostel is in an amazing location, a stones throw from the beach, and the Pier isn't far either. It's also very near a shopping centre which has a vast selection of shops. The staff were so friendly and welcoming, we couldn't have asked for more. There was such a relaxed atmosphere, all the guests were chatty and engaging. The hostel was spotless. This hostel is amazing value for money and I couldn't recommend it more. The facilities are simple yet modern.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

About as close as you'll get to a 5 star hostel.

Good hostel. Nice and quiet room. Staff were friendly and helpful on the phone. And there were plenty of oats and bananas provided for an early breakfast for Brighton Half runners.