Seadragon Backpackers Reviews

36 Waterloo Street, Brighton, England

Liam, the guy that runs this place is awesome. Everything else about the place could be described as average at best, if I'm being generous and shoddy and run down if not. Wouldn't really recommend but it does have beds so the essential thing is there. The place definitely needs some love to get it to a reasonable place to stay in. There's so much "work being done" (slash NOT being done) and all but one of the toilets weren't in working order.

This place was disgusting. It smelled like rubbish. I understand there were working on it but the place it was antihigienic. Shared bathrooms were dirty with dirty towels on the floor, toothbrashes, wet paper, hair and dust (never cleaned?). Peeing there was imposible. Nothing to say about showeing. Regarding the kitchen, was dirty too. Someone entered in our room before the check out when we were sleeping, as if it was normal. I ve been sleeping in many places but never like this.Never recomend

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Im so sorry you had such an unpleasant stay with us. We have been juggling renovating with trying to stay open, and whilst I know this is no excuse for the standards you experienced it is the reason. We are in the process of getting the hostel back up to the standards we started with back when we first opened. Everything had gotten a little tired (and dirty). We have cleaned and sanded and painted from top to bottom and we have all new bedding and furnishings. Sorry again.

Seems like I've been harsh, but it's in the beginnings of being refurbished whilst open. It basically just offer's a bed which I'm cool with but there was no atmosphere whatsoever. But ultra friendly staff.

Hi, thank you for your feedback. Not harsh at all! Its been tricky keeping it all going through the refurbishment, but we are nearly there! Hopefully you'll be back to see the finished thing!

You most definitely get what you paid for with Seadragon Backpackers. But overall enjoyed my stay very much, staff were very helpful and accommodating. There's a large kitchen with access to some basic food items (tea, coffee, toast etc), you're also able to bring your own food to cook etc. Sizable social room with tele, board games etc. Free wifi. Can't complain at all.

• 14th Feb 2014

The hostel was going through some renovations in its top floor dorms, one of which I had booked. However, I was upgraded to a room with only two beds, so it was a pleasant surprise to have my own space for sleeping. Was given a friendly welcome when I booked in. Although the hostel is not right in the centre, it is not far and was able to get a good night's sleep each night. It was good to have some kitchen facilities, to prepare some of my own food too; not something you get at every hostel

• 15th Nov 2013

The room I stay was in the top floor, and whole hostel is fixing at that time. I can felt wind come in my room, when one night it was raining, the rain comes in from the roof as well. Carpet are not clean, like I mention, whole hostel is fixing, feel like living in a building site, but bed is really comfortable and kitchen is good,too.

Mould hidden behind mirror in Room 5. Returned to room last Saturday night and could not open bedroom. Nobody in hostel to attend to us. After one hour waiting we forced door. Felt like staying in prison

• 27th Sep 2013
  • Wales

nothing bad to say,very friendly staff,very clean place,will fore sure to come back.great price value,for such a nice place,

The hostel was a 20 min walk from the pier, very close to the beach. Western Rd nearby has a few nice cafes, bars and shops. The beds in the hostel were extremely comfortable, but the bathrooms were slightly tired. The renovation work didn't disrupt us at all which was very pleasing.

We appreciate the staff's efforts to create a quiet and troublefree stay for their guests, however the standards did not always meet our expectations...

Great location, staff were outgoing and friendly. Rooms were quite small however value for money.

Thanks very much for your feedback. We are very glad you both enjoyed your stay and hope to see you both here again someday soon!

We enjoyed our stay greatly in Brighton, Seadragon did the job but it could have done with being cleaner, I am used to hostels being pretty small and dingy but cleanliness is a must to make up for it, that said the beds were very clean. The staff were very polite and efficient, there was a bit of a mix up with the payments at the beginning as we were a group of four each wishing to pay separately but it was soon sorted. We also got locked out on one occasion and this was dealt with very quickly.

• 10th Aug 2013
  • Scotland

Hi there, thank you for your feedback, We are glad you enjoyed your stay! With regards to cleanliness, we do have a cleaner who ensures all areas of our hostel are tidied and cleaned to a high standard daily. Sometimes when the hostel is very busy, such as weekends, or when we sadly have some less considerate guests washing up etc can mount up from people not clearing after themselves. We try wherever possibly to keep on top of this.We hope you may visit us again at some point in the future.

It would have been nice to have been told that major building work was being carried out. scaffolding everywhere so charging full price may have bern a bit cheeky, however people very friendly and helpful and beds very comfortable. Place will look very nice when finished.

• 2nd Aug 2013

Thanks for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you may come back again for any future Brighton visits! With regards to our works, we have been notifying all guests via email, however as our email address is recognised as a business address by some providers, occasionally our correspondences do work their way into people's trash folders, which could perhaps explain this. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon, Kind regards.

There was a side alley for getting in at night, but the light wasn't working. Luckily I was able to get a bit of light from my phone just enough to type in the code otherwise there would have been a problem.

• 26th Jul 2013

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry there was not a functioning light in the alley for you on your visit. This was down to a bulb having blown, as we had not been made aware of this we were unable to rectify it. If there are ever any issues please just notify us so we can remedy the issue as soon as possible for this! We hope you enjoyed your stay, and hope you may come visit us again sometime. Kind Regards.

Pretty chill little hostel in Brighton. Kind of small and cramped but it's quant.

Thanks for your response! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future :) We are currently doing a remodel of our communal and dining areas in order to open up some more space!

Hostel was undergoing renovations, which meant things were constantly covered in fresh paint which is now on our clothes. Rooms and general areas were clean, however the kitchen had a certain uncleanliness about it - dirty floors, full bins, dirty/no wash/drying cloths and dishes had to be rewashed before use. Staff were friendly and welcoming us by giving us info about town and things to do. Hostel was very empty which led to a poor atmosphere.

• 28th May 2013

We are sorry to hear about paint making it's way onto your clothes! Our banistairs was the only thing painted during your stay, we tried to make all guests aware of this and left signs. Unfortunately as you arrived outside of reception hours, we were unable to verbally tell you of this. ALL areas of hostel are cleaned daily in the morning, however if other guests do not wash up after themselves, this could account for the crockery available being unwashed. We do hope you enjoyed your stay.

Pretty good location, very close to the beach, friendly staff, room was quite small, but if there just to sleep its fine, bathrooms nice and clean.

Whilst staying at the hostel the manager was taking drugs and having a party in the common room and a girl had her purse stolen during the following day. Despite this the people staying at the hostel this weekend were some of the best people I've met in my whole life and I really enjoyed my stay. Easily see why others wouldn't

I can 100% positively assure any one with any doubt that as the hostel manager I was NOT taking any form of drugs, neither in my personal life at home, and especially in worktime. I would be very interested to know where such assumptions have come from? The girl in question is actually a personal friend of mine as well as a guest, and despite being obviously upset at the unfortunate loss of her purse, she personally thanked us for our handling of the situation. Police were notified of theft.

Great location. Cheap to stay but you get what you pay for. Staff were great. If I was a single traveler then would have been very lonely. Very limited communal area to meet people. Dinning area small and not very nice

Thanks for your feedback. We are currently in the process of a large renovation, and have already made the communal area much larger, with new flat screen tv, Sofa's etc. We hope you may come stay with us again in the future to see the changes yourself! :)

If you really want to have breakfast you have to find a place outside. In the hostel you could only find some tea and coffee and some slices of toast thats it ...Thats not what I call breakfast included

• 15th Feb 2013

Our breakfasts are a free assortment of tea, coffee, sugar, bread, milk, jams and butters that our guests are allowed to help themselves to at any time, and replenished daily. Please not that we provide this is an additional extra and the cost of this is not included within our pricing.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7