Seadragon Backpackers Reviews

36 Waterloo Street, Brighton, England

This place is great, owners and manager are very helpful and friendly, and the place is clean and tidy,. Great value for the money no room over 4 beds, a very nice bathroom on each floor, with unlimited hot water to wash away the travel woes. Nice kitchen and lounge areas, free Wi-Fi. Also they are security conscious, with automatic lighting where needed, like outside the side after hour’s entrance. Terrific location, close to beach and shopping, there's a great co,-op market just steps away.

• 4th Jul 2014

Hi! Thanks very much for a great review! We are constantly looking to improve the service that we offer to our guests so it's lovely to get some positive feedback. Thanks again and please look us up if you head back this way!

Hostel was great, warm and friendly and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Facilities were clean and the place is obviously run very well. Would recommend.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Accueil adorable, hotel bien placé non loin de la plage,du centre historique et de la gare. Si vous avez le sommeil leger, ce n'est pas très très bruyant mais prévoir des boules quies car la chambre donne sur la rue.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Lovely hostel and good location, close to all amenities, really handy. I loved the deco and the atmosphere there, everyone was really friendly, I had a lovely stay in Brighton.

Excellent beds, great nights sleep. Hostel is undergoing renovation which is why it was so cheap, but this did not really affect our trip at all. Overall definitely enjoyed it. Longer reception hours would be preferable.

Hi, Thanks for your lovely review! We agree that our beds are extremely comfortable :-) Our renovation is now complete and we are looking at extending our reception hours, thanks again for your feedback, Kevin, manager.

The hostel is now in its final stages of being refurbished and looks great. More like a boutique hotel with hostel crowd and atmosphere. Clean, bright colourful rooms and run by a lovely couple. Ignore reviews from previous months when building work was being done, the place now looks and is great. We had a great time at Seadragon.

• 19th Jun 2014

It's nice place to stay, very good area, bedroom, living room, price. the two managers are very nice and helpfull for everything.

First I hesitated to book after the negative comments but gave it a go and it was a good decision. I stayed in the 4 bedroom dorm. Room, bathroom and kitchen were clean and very new after the refurbishment. Staff was helpful and recommended good places to visit in Brighton. Atmosphere was a bit low but I think it's always down to the people staying there but everything seems to be given in the hostel for good fun. Personally I'd stay here again if visited Brighton again in the future. Good luck!

Nice hostel, in final stages of renovations. Still some work to do, but the staff and location are great and the big kitchen is fantastic. Fresh bread and coffee is a really nice touch. Would recommend.

Liam, the guy that runs this place is awesome. Everything else about the place could be described as average at best, if I'm being generous and shoddy and run down if not. Wouldn't really recommend but it does have beds so the essential thing is there. The place definitely needs some love to get it to a reasonable place to stay in. There's so much "work being done" (slash NOT being done) and all but one of the toilets weren't in working order.

This place was disgusting. It smelled like rubbish. I understand there were working on it but the place it was antihigienic. Shared bathrooms were dirty with dirty towels on the floor, toothbrashes, wet paper, hair and dust (never cleaned?). Peeing there was imposible. Nothing to say about showeing. Regarding the kitchen, was dirty too. Someone entered in our room before the check out when we were sleeping, as if it was normal. I ve been sleeping in many places but never like this.Never recomend

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Im so sorry you had such an unpleasant stay with us. We have been juggling renovating with trying to stay open, and whilst I know this is no excuse for the standards you experienced it is the reason. We are in the process of getting the hostel back up to the standards we started with back when we first opened. Everything had gotten a little tired (and dirty). We have cleaned and sanded and painted from top to bottom and we have all new bedding and furnishings. Sorry again.

Seems like I've been harsh, but it's in the beginnings of being refurbished whilst open. It basically just offer's a bed which I'm cool with but there was no atmosphere whatsoever. But ultra friendly staff.

Hi, thank you for your feedback. Not harsh at all! Its been tricky keeping it all going through the refurbishment, but we are nearly there! Hopefully you'll be back to see the finished thing!

You most definitely get what you paid for with Seadragon Backpackers. But overall enjoyed my stay very much, staff were very helpful and accommodating. There's a large kitchen with access to some basic food items (tea, coffee, toast etc), you're also able to bring your own food to cook etc. Sizable social room with tele, board games etc. Free wifi. Can't complain at all.

• 14th Feb 2014

The hostel was going through some renovations in its top floor dorms, one of which I had booked. However, I was upgraded to a room with only two beds, so it was a pleasant surprise to have my own space for sleeping. Was given a friendly welcome when I booked in. Although the hostel is not right in the centre, it is not far and was able to get a good night's sleep each night. It was good to have some kitchen facilities, to prepare some of my own food too; not something you get at every hostel

• 15th Nov 2013

The room I stay was in the top floor, and whole hostel is fixing at that time. I can felt wind come in my room, when one night it was raining, the rain comes in from the roof as well. Carpet are not clean, like I mention, whole hostel is fixing, feel like living in a building site, but bed is really comfortable and kitchen is good,too.

Mould hidden behind mirror in Room 5. Returned to room last Saturday night and could not open bedroom. Nobody in hostel to attend to us. After one hour waiting we forced door. Felt like staying in prison

• 27th Sep 2013
  • Wales

nothing bad to say,very friendly staff,very clean place,will fore sure to come back.great price value,for such a nice place,

The hostel was a 20 min walk from the pier, very close to the beach. Western Rd nearby has a few nice cafes, bars and shops. The beds in the hostel were extremely comfortable, but the bathrooms were slightly tired. The renovation work didn't disrupt us at all which was very pleasing.

We appreciate the staff's efforts to create a quiet and troublefree stay for their guests, however the standards did not always meet our expectations...

Great location, staff were outgoing and friendly. Rooms were quite small however value for money.

Thanks very much for your feedback. We are very glad you both enjoyed your stay and hope to see you both here again someday soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7