Seadragon Backpackers Reviews

36 Waterloo Street, Brighton, England

Was just some hours of sleep there.

• 11th Feb 2016
  • Portugal

Perfect place for adventurers...kitchen is always open, any time...very clean!! And owners really care about people!! Best place in Brighton!

A warm clean, perfect place to stay in Brighton

Great room, very clean and nice. The only thing I missed was a bed lamp for reading before bed. Communal areas were also kept nice and tidy. Breakfast was good and with that included in the price that's excellent value. The best part was the staff that were very friendly and helpful, much appreciated! Overall great stay and would definitely go there again!

• 24th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

Best hostel I've eher stayed in! Loved it!

Very clean, comfortable beds, friendly staff Good place to stay One of the best I've been

• 2nd Jan 2016

I had a great Stay in the Seadragon backpackers. Great Location next to the ocean and Close to the main Shopping streets. The rooms are very clean, friendly, lovely decorated and spacious. A very clean kitchen with many facilties and free breakfast till 11am! is available. The only think I missed were lockers, but as I felt very secure in the hostel, this is only a small remak. Definitly one of the best hostels I've stayed in the UK.

Great small hostel, perfectly located off sea front on a quiet residential street. The 4 bed room was very comfortable, really friendly and helpful staff! Kitchen is well equipped and breakfast was just great!

Very clean place, bathrooms were cleaned every morning, well equipped kitchen with some basic ingredients available. Didn't have wifi for the first 2 days which sucked and the "common" area is really just 2 couches across from the reception desk. Pretty basic but what was there was good and clean.

Hi and thanks for taking the time to write about your stay. Our WIFI issues were caused by a faulty router - this has now been replaced so there is no further problem. We'd like to apologise that you experienced issues with it. Our lounge is small compared with other hostels! If a guests priority is to have a huge lounge then we'd recommend not booking with us! In addition to your description we have a smart TV, books plus travel books, board games, corner seating. Plus downstairs, more seating

A really nice little hostel, really clean, comfy beds and great value for money. For £20 a night I was in a room with just 3 others and got breakfast included (some cereal toast and eggs but not bad). It's just a little walk to most of the main spots in Brighton so really good location. It's quite a small hostel and a friendly atmosphere so a nice place to meet people and chat.

Seadragon was a bright and clean hostel with friendly staff. Free breakfast and towels were a wonderful bonus and it was nice that it was a quiet place.

• 8th Sep 2015

Very good hostel. Positive points: very clean and organized, good showers, free breakfast and nice staff. Negative points: (i) lacks plugs, lamp and shelf for each bed (the plugs are far from each bed, especially the top ones); (ii) it does not organize nothing related to nightlife, but that's usual in England.

We had a great stay in this hostel and would totally recommend it. The location was only a 10 minute walk to the water and 15 minute walk to the Brighton Pier. Close to tons of restaurants and a 10 minute walk to the center of Brighton. Kevin is super friendly and welcoming. Super clean. The only thing we would mention is that if you're looking for a party hostel or social hostel this isn't the place for you. This place is ideal if you want a quiet time away in Brighton.

This hostel is cozy, intimate, peaceful, and quiet. It's a bit of a hike, however, to and from the train station and the bus stop. The reception hours are also quite limited, although I did receive an email prior to my arrival with the reception times. I was a bit concerned about not having lockers in the dorms as well. There are a few very small lockers in the kitchen. I hope the hostel will consider bringing back the dorm lockers that disappeared with their remodel. Still great overall.

Hi. Thanks very much for the high score :-) We'd like to clarify a few points for other readers. The train station and coach station are a 10-12 minute walk away, about two minutes in a taxi and there are frequent direct buses that stop at the bus stop right around the corner from us. Reception closes at 7pm and, for later arrivals we arrange self check ins, a very simple process as we are such a small hostel. We've never had lockers in the rooms but neither have we had things go missing!

No lockers in the room (4-bed dorm). 20 min walk from the train station, close to the sea. Nice and quiet area. Close to the vegan restaurant "Iydea". A fully equipped kitchen if you want to prepare your own meals.

The staff made us feel very welcome and there was a really nice and relaxed atmosphere. The room was very bright and new, and the location is great!

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Denmark

Loved my stay at Seadragon! By far the comfiest hostel bed I've slept in and it was nice to have only 4 people in a room unlike 10+ elsewhere. Not a party hostel - I had friendly & considerate roommates. Slight issue with water pooling in bathrooms after people had taken showers - there was a sign to dry off before hopping out of the shower but it didn't seem to be followed! Otherwise facilities were good - great WiFi, good breakfast selection and kitchen area, comfy lounge.

Excellent hostel. Staff really nice and helpful. Well set-up for a small hostel and a nice atmosphere. Great location close to beach and only short walk into the high street and to the train station. Highly recommend.

A small but lovely hostel. Very clean. Staff is only there during the day, but it was very easy to self checkin for my late arrival.

Excellent hostel, clean, really friendly and helpful staff and gr

• 7th Jun 2015