Seagulls Garret Hostel Reviews

Valnu Iela 41, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

It's a really good hostel with a friendly staff. There is a nice terrace here which allows you to enjoy your breakfast and start your day magically. The location is very convenient. It's near to the Central Railway station and Bus Terminal, at the same time it's in The Old Town. Prices are enough reasonable. Only one thing disappointed me, I didn't find any power sockets near my bed, so I couldn't to charge my devices during the night (it was 10-bed dormitory).

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Russia

The hostel was awesome... People at the front desk were extra friendly and always willing to help. Fluent in english too! I told them I only had a day there so they told me about the places i should visit. Warm water and really big showers. Quiet and right in the center of old Riga. It's not super close to the airport but the busses go right by the hostel and are suuuper cheap. Only thing is that they have no elevator and i stayed at the top floor so carrying luggage around wasn't so fun.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

One of the best hostels i ve ever been. Its good located, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the view from the 5th floor (-: is amazing. Loved the terrace. But the best was definitely the "miss you" from the girl at the reception when I was about to leave. Seriously the sweetest voice I ve ever heard. Thank you all so much!

Best hostel in Riga for sure!!! Staff amazing and really friendly! Great place to meet people! And the "free" walking tour offered by the hostel , was really cool!!! Definitely the place to stay if you are in Riga!

The staff really were welcoming and kind. I felt very comfortable talking and joking with them, though I was mostly just running around. The location is awesome and very convenient to the buses to/from the airport and the main train station as well as seeing all of old town.

Great place, with great staff. I will definately recommend to join the city tour.

Basic accommodation, but you get what you pay for. Staff was very friendly and helpful, even went the extra mile where necessary e.g. Edgar. Also enjoyed the walking tour. Could form a collaboration with naughty squirrel for the pub crawls as there ended up being nobody on the seagull's pub crawl, meaning I had to join theirs.

• 16th Jul 2015

Great location, close to bus station and walking distance from everything. we were in the room on the 5th floor..really spacious, clean and bright. Staff were really helpful and friendly. 24 hour reception was great when we arrived at 6am.

This hostel was great. The staff were friendly and all the advice they gave regarding the city felt authentic and was very helpful. The staff were locals who knew Riga very well and went out of their way to ensure that we had a great time for our 3 days in Riga. I would highly recommend staying at this hostel to anybody!

I liked this hostel a lot. Great fast wifi in the entire place. Very central, good rooms and great showers. I would have given them a better staff rating cause the guys at night were good, but some young girl I gave my laundry to forgot to do it in time and handed it back to me still damp. I was flying out that day and the whole situation nearly made me miss my flight.

Great location, really friendly staff, nice and clean, nice terrace for socialising. After staying at a hostel in Tallinn where I basically didn't speak to anyone for two days the atmosphere of this hostel was quite the refreshing change!

It's a great hostel!

Great place to stay, super clean, nice terrace.

Excellent location, very close to the train and bus station and easy to get to. The walking tour arranged by the hostel was great one, as it wasn't overly long as they usually tend to be. Very clean rooms and showers, although in a 10 person dorm the ensuite shower and toilet being in the same room could have been trafficky, but luckily during my stay it wasn't

Great people,clean premises,nice balcon,perfect location

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Serbia

This place is like a low budget hotel. Very clean and very secure. The staff are great and they offer all the insights you might not receive elsewhere. It has a great location right inside the old town boundary. The configuration of the hostel makes meeting new people somewhat difficult, but there are a couple of common rooms. It's not a crazy party scene, but Riga is an easy place to meet people. It was actually nice to have a quieter place to come back to. Nicest facilities of any hostel.

excellent hostel in all categories but baggage security. electronic keycard and doors system and cameras are super. if invested in new lockers for baggage security would be 100% excellent instead of 95% (old banged up lockers).

One of the best hostels i ever went. Nice place, nice and beautiful staff and everything fit.

Very functional. Everything works. The bar was separated from the living space and kitchen by 1 floor and a walk so there was not a transition from one to the other, and people disappeared.

This is a great hostel. It is good value for money and a bit like a 2-star hotel in some ways although it`s miles better than some of those I`ve stayed in. There were a few large groups staying while I was there and there was lots of free food left, all good stuff. The staff are immensely friendly and helpful. The only minus was that the doors are very noisy at night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3