Seagulls Garret Hostel Reviews

Valnu Iela 41, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Perfect hostel. Simply perfect - clean, cheap, in the city center, great equipped with very nice atmosphere. The best I've ever stayed.

Arrived after a difficult day of traveling and met by beaming, funny and helpful staff. Instantly felt like I was a part of a little family. The place had everything you could really need (AND a playstation)! It's the kind of place which can offer partying and relaxation depending on what you like. Highly recommended!

• 6th Sep 2014

The hostel location is great, but unfortunately I arrived on Friday in the evening and it was very loud on the streets during the night, I didn't get much sleep even with earplugs! I can't say how noisy it gets on workdays, I've only spent 1 night, but Friday was crazy...

Nothing to complain about, one of the best hostels that I have been in my life ;)

Fantastic hostel in a great location (five minutes from the central market and right in the Old City), the staff are extremely helpful and welcoming. A great sociable atmosphere with pub crawls and nights out on offer, but also a relaxed atmosphere unlike many in your face "backpacker" places. The lockers under the beds are a good size, there's a decent kitchen if you feel like eating in, cheap draft beer and a nice roof terrace. Hostels don't come much better than this.

Staid there for 4 days, it was quite alright. The loction is almost perfect, right next to the bus main station and the old town of Riga. Clean and tidy rooms, also the showers and bathrooms. really good kitchen and nice patio. there is an awesome swing in the living room, together with comfy couch and even a playstation. draft beer and local beer to buy. nice and helpful staff! 10/10 would recommend!

Very Happy esp. the staff very helpful and Latvian too!!

I really liked staying in the hostel, the staff was really nice. It was very well located too. There's only a problem if you want to go to bed early, because there's a bar downstairs, and the people talk a bit loud. But at 3am the noise probabily will stop. And there should be more toillets too. Sometimes it was not that clean too...but nothing to worry much. Really enjoyed my staying!!! Definitely i would recomend.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Most probably the best hostel I've ever been! Really great people working there, they know what to do to make you feel awesome!

I ve been in this hostel one night and I had a good time. Staff nice and helpful if u need information, also a lot of facilities. wi fi working good. Thanks

Really good hostel, with very good facilities, a cosy living room and also an outdoor balcony. The value for money is great, especially considering that this year, giving that Riga is one of the european capitals of culture, a lot of hostels have been raising or even doubling their prices.

This is a very nice and busy hostel. All rooms are in a very good condition and the location is perfect - only a few minutes to the main station and the old town. The staff takes care of their guests and offers special events like cooking, sightseeing, pub crawling, movie evenings etc. The kitchen is a little bit small. It is frequently used by all (guests and staff) and you have to wait sometimes but you can find everything you need. All in all a very nice place to stay!

We had a very nice time in your hostel and it was really fun to go out with you guys!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Fantastic hostel, perfectly walking the fine line between fun nights out and a chilled, no pressure atmosphere. Where else can you spend one night in a Latvian beer hall, and the next watching sharknado 2 on the big sofas?

This new, clean, cozy and extremely well located hostel is one of the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Hereby, I would like to nominate this hostel as the best in Europe! What tops it off is the staff. They really know what they are doing, making sure you're having a good time. They will provide you with all the information you need. I ended up staying longer than I planned.

We were so happy during our stay at Seagulls Garret Hostel. Excellent location but most important such a nice staff! We felt really welcome and amongst friends.

• 20th Aug 2014

One if the best hostels I ever stayed in! Everything is quite new and super clean.The common area is very cozy and invites you to sit in there and talk to other travellers. There is even a little bar that serves good beer for reasonable prices.Everyone gets big lockable boxes and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They offer offer pub crawls at nights which was big fun. If you are not into hostel activities then maybe stay somewhere else. Otherwise: this is the perfect place to stay in Riga

This place is one of my favorite hostels ever! It's very well furnished, there's a fully equipped kitchen and the common area includes a nice terrace! The staff has been helpful to us, the room was clean, and it may sound weird, but everything, including the toilets and washrooms, smelled good. We also had lockers under our beds. We would definitely stay there again if we ever came back to Riga! :)

Great hostel, words can't describe how good is it. Best place i ever stayed.

This is a great place to stay. Top location, extremely welcoming and friendly staff, excellent security, and cleanliness all around. Free Wi-Fi, safe luggage storage and - hey! - a cosy terrace perfect for beer and relax. Absolutely recommended.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4