Seagulls Garret Hostel Reviews

Valnu Iela 41, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

One if the best hostels I ever stayed in! Everything is quite new and super clean.The common area is very cozy and invites you to sit in there and talk to other travellers. There is even a little bar that serves good beer for reasonable prices.Everyone gets big lockable boxes and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They offer offer pub crawls at nights which was big fun. If you are not into hostel activities then maybe stay somewhere else. Otherwise: this is the perfect place to stay in Riga

This place is one of my favorite hostels ever! It's very well furnished, there's a fully equipped kitchen and the common area includes a nice terrace! The staff has been helpful to us, the room was clean, and it may sound weird, but everything, including the toilets and washrooms, smelled good. We also had lockers under our beds. We would definitely stay there again if we ever came back to Riga! :)

Great hostel, words can't describe how good is it. Best place i ever stayed.

This is a great place to stay. Top location, extremely welcoming and friendly staff, excellent security, and cleanliness all around. Free Wi-Fi, safe luggage storage and - hey! - a cosy terrace perfect for beer and relax. Absolutely recommended.

The hostel is not in the very center but it is inside the Old town so the location is good. The best thing in the hostel are the facilities (common room, terrace) and the organizers. There are several activities organized while we were staying, dinner, free tour, and this let us know other people that were staying in the hostel. We all went out together several times and the time was really good.

The staff Paola and Elvita were the best part of my stay in Riga and were great at helping me plan/workout/salvage parts of my trip. The hostel was super clean, bathrooms were great, and I really enjoyed the terrace. My only complaint is that 98% of the hostel was guys, not the hostels fault buut not a bad idea to put a little cap on it either!

really enjoyed my stay here. the beds are comfortable and the atmosphere welcoming. the staff were friendly and helpful. the location is excellent - 5 min walk to the bus station, 10 to the train station, 1 minute to the supermarket and in the middle of the old town. the hostel is above a noisy bar which is open until 2am, so if you are a light sleeper, it's probably not the best place to stay but they give free earplugs and I didn;t have trouble sleeping once I dropped off. I'd recommend it

One of the nicest hostels I have ever visited! Extremely friendly staff, A++ location, clean and airconditioned rooms (at least on the 5th floor), beautiful terrace and the day/evening activities were big fun.

The staff were so helpful and friendly. They also organized a lot of events and so we had a great t ime meeting others staying here. One of the best hostels I´ve been to in Europe!

Great hostel, great staff! Definitely the place to stay in Riga!

Gréât relaxing place. Perfect location for nights out too.

Had a lovely time here, couldn't fault it in the slightest. Very friendly and helpful staff- particular thanks to Kate!

• 25th Jul 2014

Great if you want a lively hostel. Staff seemed keen to get everyone involved in pub crawls or parties. Go for it if this is your thing. Excellent facilities, but maybe think about somewhere else if you want a quiet and relaxing stay.

Everything is great here, besides it super noisy at night but the noise not from the hostel, it by neighbor. So if you want to sleep well, you may not stay here.

Best hostel to stay in the old town. Very convinient location and amaizing staff.

My friend and I enjoyed the stay at the Hostel! It was easy to find and could hardly have a better location! There is a pub, cafe, shopping center, old town close etc. and we enjoyed privacy in a 2 bed room Only bad things: we lived on the 5th floor and had to carry things up there but one guy helped us carrying our heavy suitcases ;) and unfortunately it is a little bit loud at night when you have your window next to the street (of course it can be closed but on the 5th floor it was too hot)

Perfect hostel! Fantasticly located in the old town close to every sights. It's just a minute from a bus station and close to a supermarket. Everything is very clean and brand new. The common rooms are amazing, kitchen is well equiped, and they play really nice music there. There is even a huge terrace. Lockers in the dorms are provided. Staff is really cool, easygoing and helpful. I have really good time at Seagulls Garret and had met awesome people there. Highly recommend to stay there.

Cute place to stay, and the staff is very helpful! Common area and porch are really nice. Although the lack of bathrooms is very inconvenient. Also, if you're staying on the top floor (6 person dorm), don't bring a heavy suitcase. No elevator.

After years using hostelworld to find hostels all around the world, it is the first time that I write a review. The reason is that this is the best hostel I've ever been, everything is excellent, from the cleanliness to the staff. Do not hesitate to visit them if you go to Riga.

A really good hostel to stay in. Very close to the bus station. Friendly staff. It is really noisy but we are in the city centre so take earplugs ! Also could be cleaner.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4