Seagulls Garret Hostel Reviews

Valnu Iela 41, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Nothing to complain about... indeed one of the greatest places I've stayed in. Thank you!

Very good atmosphere, staff is nice and very helpful and rooms are clean. It might be a good idea to install blinds at the windows (especially at the last floor) as the rooms get bright very early. All good otherwise

Coolest hostel in Riga!Was staying there for 5 days and It has excellent location,and is in Old Riga area,which is just a perfect to move around!Also lovely kitchen,with all modern appliances,and especially superb terrace and spacious lounges,big lockers,cleanliness...The atmosphere is wonderful!Special thanks to the staff who was very friendly and helpful!RESPECT! Highly recommend!

The staff is very friendly and helpfull and the Hostel is very modern and centrally located. The kitchen is well equipped for cooking a good dinner or lunch. Sadly the bathroom was not very clean at all and there were no doors between the different rooms, that why it can be a little bit loud when people use the bathroom or come home from partying

the check-in process was bit complicated and time-consuming. Other than that, everything was fine in this hostel, especially the location :)

A great place to stay! Even though they were in a process of a reconstruction when I arrived, and some things didn't work properly at first, it was a very nice place to stay, and the staff was very nice and helpful. The ensuit room that I have stayed at was actually more like a flat with two separate rooms, shower room, toilet and a small kitchen. And the hostel is right in the old town, so if you come to see Riga, definitely stay here!

Very good hostel! I spent only one night there, but I could leave my luggage there and walk around the city. This hostel is about 5 min walking from the bus station, perfect! and it's in the old town, so is near everything. The staff was really nice and helpful.

We had a wonderful 2 night stay at Seagulls Garett Hostel. The hostel room was very clean, and lockers were provided for us to store our valuables in the room itself. The receptionist girls were extremely friendly and approachable - certainly made our stay very memorable! One thing that happened was that there was a bunch of guys who were drunk on the 2 nights we were there, they made the toilets quite dirty and didn't clean up but there was nothing anyone could do about it honestly.

The only bad thing that happened at my stay was that my roommates were a big group of very inpatient, loud and agressive men, that were possessing knifes in their bags - kind of the people that you normally avoid on the street. I know that it is hard to say who is allowed to enter the hostel and who is not but they were very unpleasant from the first sight so I would recommand to be more careful about those kinds. I got another room and the girls working there were very understanding and nice.

Great place to stay. Really helpful and fun staff. If you want to stay up drinking and chatting you can, or if you just want to go to bed - you can do that too. It's not noisy there and there no traffic. it in old town so close to all the sites, and the staff and recommend places party/eat/drink/tour. yep i'd stay there again.

Great location, close to the bus station and the old town. Staff was very cheerful and had good suggestions of where to go. Toilet could have been a little cleaner, but it seemed to has been a very busy day. Room had everything needed, common areas were inviting. I liked that the bathroom facilities were spacious.

Enjoyed the hotel and the staff. The only "negative" issue are the showers. A water saving system, which turns off the shower all the time was implemented. Considering how cold it was there, I believe this system would only work in the summer.

Seagull is the Hostel in RIga, you have to go there ! Kate & Elvita are the best of the best !

• 15th Mar 2015

Best hostel experience so far - excellent staff. Would definitely come back.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Really enjoyed our stay, staff were very helpful and gave us loads of info about where to visit and how to get there, and more importantly good places for a night out! Would definitely go back!

really clean nice atmosphere good staff

Really friendly staff and super comfortable bed. The staff go out of their way for you and make the environment a fun place to be. Thank You!

The hostel looks new, it's very very clean, including bathroom

Had a great stay here. Would definitely recommend! Perfect location in old town, close to main bus and tram stations as well as many nice places to eat, drink and shop. Great kitchen, comfortable dining area/lounge room. Lockers provided in rooms. Plenty of space, even in our 8 bed dorm. Nice and clean showers and toilets. Helpful staff, especially Boris who gave us great ideas of what to do for our short stay in Riga.

Overall I had a good stay! Down sides - I was surprised about poor cleanliness in all areas as nobody mentions that in comments and timer showers also are not very comfortable to use. Prime location in Riga Old Town, but lots of street noise as I stayed Friday and Saturday night. Outside terrace must be great in summer!!!