Seagulls Garret Hostel Reviews

Valnu Iela 41, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

Best hostel to stay in the old town. Very convinient location and amaizing staff.

Perfect hostel! Fantasticly located in the old town close to every sights. It's just a minute from a bus station and close to a supermarket. Everything is very clean and brand new. The common rooms are amazing, kitchen is well equiped, and they play really nice music there. There is even a huge terrace. Lockers in the dorms are provided. Staff is really cool, easygoing and helpful. I have really good time at Seagulls Garret and had met awesome people there. Highly recommend to stay there.

Cute place to stay, and the staff is very helpful! Common area and porch are really nice. Although the lack of bathrooms is very inconvenient. Also, if you're staying on the top floor (6 person dorm), don't bring a heavy suitcase. No elevator.

A really good hostel to stay in. Very close to the bus station. Friendly staff. It is really noisy but we are in the city centre so take earplugs ! Also could be cleaner.

the hostel was good, the location is good but is was very noisy during night after midnight till 03 00 morning you cant sleep noise is come from the outside the bar , there is drinking people all night, and shouting , so you cant sleep even with closed windows, so who want party welcome there

This is for sure one of the best hostels that I ever stayed. Great location, close to the bus station and city center, great staff. Very helpfull and friendly. Amazing facilites, rooms are big and clean if lockers for each bed. Bathrooms very clean and what a great kitchen.

This is by far one of the best hostels that I ever stayed. With a perfect location just 5 minutes walk from de bus or train station and more 10 minutes walk to the mains square of Riga in the Old Town. Staff is very friendly and helpfull, besides that staff is all the time trying to make the atmosphere better and happy. The hostel have good lockers in every room, bathrooms are very clean and the kicthen is great with everything you need.

Loved the place, would'nt stay anywhere else in Riga!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

What a fantastic hostel! Really, any other hostel in Europe should come look at how these guys are running their place. 5+ stars! Kenneth

We enjoyed our stay at Seagulls Garrett, it is a very modern & clean hostel (apart from the lockers as they obviously don't get cleaned as they were dirty inside). We made use of the kitchen facilities which were great & the kitchen is well equipped with pans, plates, cutlery & drinking glasses etc. We were in a 10 bed room which wasn't particularly social but the hostel itself wasn't particularly social either but there is a nice common room and the staff are very helpful.

Great Staff, helpful and a great time to be around. A good experience and would stay here again if the chance came up again.

Great location. Friendly staff. Good atmosphere. The Ikea beds sucked.

A great hostel with dedicated and friendly staff willing to help you experience some of the local culture. There are lockers under each bed with keys provided, breakfast is a simple cereals and toast with jam and the communal spaces are pleasant and not near any of the bedrooms so noise isn't a problem. The location is great for the buses, trams and trains and walking around old town.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Nice hostel with nice staff who can tell you insider tips where to go in Riga. Also you can rent bikes which was really nice. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms too. The location is excellent. It is close to the train station and in the middle of the old town. Would recommend it.

I only spent one night at this hostel but I absolutely loved it! As soon as I arrived at lunchtime, Katja sat down with myself and two others who had just arrived and gave us maps and spent some time recommending what she enjoyed and helping us plan our day. The hostel offered a guided walking tour, although I didn't go on it. In the evening, Katja took a group of us out to dinner and a Latvian Folk Dancing night and it was loads of fun! Hostel is v friendly, clean, modern and bright. Fantastic.

nice hostel with fun staff, but this is Riga so there were still loads of obnoxious drunk people that made lots of noise. the hostel was very clean and smelled nice though. only suggestion is that the lockers are quite noisy and wake people up in the night.

I don't think this is a very good hostel for meeting people and the atmosphere wasn't very social. The facilities could be better. There are only 2 showers and toilets on a floor. When the female one was too dirty to use I had to use the male one, which didn't even have a washbasin. There are no mirrors in the dorms so if someone wants to use one they have to take up a bathroom. Charging 5 euros for laundry is expensive compared to other hostels especially as you have to do it yourself.

Thank you for choosing our hostel! We are constantly trying to improve hostel and any comment is important source of information. Unfortunately mirror was broken a day before your arrival, now it is fixed. sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you for the tip about laundry.We implemented new offer, that laundry is cheaper, during the night. Seagulls Garret Hostel team

Had a great stay at Seagulls Garret Hostel.

• 13th Jun 2014

I was only there one night, it seemed pretty good.. but attention: the (very small!) breakfast is only served until 9am

The hostel has the best possible location in the old town. As a bonus, the bus stop of the bus to the airport is in a couple of minutes walking distance. The hotel had a nice Scandinavian atmosphere. I liked the fact that they basically had separate bathrooms, so you were able to take a shower in total privacy. But what most strikes me is how clean everything was. Made me kind of embarrassed for my own home.

• 12th Jun 2014