Seagulls Garret Hostel Reviews

Valnu Iela 41, Old Riga, Riga, Latvia

We had a wonderful 2 night stay at Seagulls Garett Hostel. The hostel room was very clean, and lockers were provided for us to store our valuables in the room itself. The receptionist girls were extremely friendly and approachable - certainly made our stay very memorable! One thing that happened was that there was a bunch of guys who were drunk on the 2 nights we were there, they made the toilets quite dirty and didn't clean up but there was nothing anyone could do about it honestly.

The only bad thing that happened at my stay was that my roommates were a big group of very inpatient, loud and agressive men, that were possessing knifes in their bags - kind of the people that you normally avoid on the street. I know that it is hard to say who is allowed to enter the hostel and who is not but they were very unpleasant from the first sight so I would recommand to be more careful about those kinds. I got another room and the girls working there were very understanding and nice.

Great place to stay. Really helpful and fun staff. If you want to stay up drinking and chatting you can, or if you just want to go to bed - you can do that too. It's not noisy there and there no traffic. it in old town so close to all the sites, and the staff and recommend places party/eat/drink/tour. yep i'd stay there again.

Great location, close to the bus station and the old town. Staff was very cheerful and had good suggestions of where to go. Toilet could have been a little cleaner, but it seemed to has been a very busy day. Room had everything needed, common areas were inviting. I liked that the bathroom facilities were spacious.

Enjoyed the hotel and the staff. The only "negative" issue are the showers. A water saving system, which turns off the shower all the time was implemented. Considering how cold it was there, I believe this system would only work in the summer.

Seagull is the Hostel in RIga, you have to go there ! Kate & Elvita are the best of the best !

• 15th Mar 2015

Best hostel experience so far - excellent staff. Would definitely come back.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Really enjoyed our stay, staff were very helpful and gave us loads of info about where to visit and how to get there, and more importantly good places for a night out! Would definitely go back!

really clean nice atmosphere good staff

Really friendly staff and super comfortable bed. The staff go out of their way for you and make the environment a fun place to be. Thank You!

The hostel looks new, it's very very clean, including bathroom

• 28th Jan 2015

Had a great stay here. Would definitely recommend! Perfect location in old town, close to main bus and tram stations as well as many nice places to eat, drink and shop. Great kitchen, comfortable dining area/lounge room. Lockers provided in rooms. Plenty of space, even in our 8 bed dorm. Nice and clean showers and toilets. Helpful staff, especially Boris who gave us great ideas of what to do for our short stay in Riga.

Overall I had a good stay! Down sides - I was surprised about poor cleanliness in all areas as nobody mentions that in comments and timer showers also are not very comfortable to use. Prime location in Riga Old Town, but lots of street noise as I stayed Friday and Saturday night. Outside terrace must be great in summer!!!

I chose here because location. It's just next to bus station. Also hostel was clean and comfortable.

I've been in this hostel twice, and definitively love it! Higly recommended!

Everything about the hostel is great, except for the fact that their Wi-Fi doesn't reach the fifth floor.

Free printing service :) Clean and tidy :) Not so many people checked-in

Extremely close to bus/train station, and in the old town. Hotel is big, clean and new, with great facilities. The look and feel is a bit 'clean' though. We stayed in the double room. A small cabinet or closet in our room would've been nice, as we didn't have any place to put our stuff.

my second stay in the hostel, feels like coming home! best place in town

Very friendly and helpful staff and good atmosphere to meet others. Facilities are good generally but the beds are a bit squeeky.