Seaside Guesthouse Reviews

#3 Prince street, Belize City, Belize

The hostel was in a great location and was the cheapest I could find - but you get what you pay for! It was very dirty, and there was a very aggressive older woman working/volunteering there who made me very uncomfortable. A, another woman there, was great however, and gave me a private room for the rate of a shared dorm, which I appreciated very much.

• 20th Apr 2014

Manager Miss A was a gem -extremely helpful. Sheets were all torn. Bathroom was filthy!

• 8th Feb 2014

I'd read some bad reviews on tripadvisor so I wasn't expecting much; I just wanted a cheap room for one night prior to a morning flight out of Belize City. The room (single, private) was basic but had everything I needed. One complaint though was that the wall on my room didn't go all the way up to the ceiling on the hallway side, meaning that a lot of noise came in all night. The neighborhood is also a bit rough with not a lot to see. All up the room was as expected for the price.

The women working in the hostel were friendly and very helpful. Anything our group needed they were able to accommodate--including a delicious home cooked meal when we stumbled in tired, wet, and hungry.

Cute place, very centrally located (walking distance to water taxis out to Caye Caulker and San Pedro). Delma was a delight, super nice and friendly and even cooked dinner for us. A fun guesthouse where it's very easy to meet other travelers.

Staff as friendly as possible but the place is full of small animals like cockroach, mouse, gecko... your meal can be ordered or prepared too which is make it nice to eat local for rather cheap

Seaside Guest House is an old favorite of mine. I come once a year for a stay of a few days.

This is a chilled out hostel in a safe part of a rough city. Staff are very friendly and the balcony at the back is a great place to sink a beer and meet other backpackers. The hostel is also close to the tourist village and is in the city centre. However, the dorms are over priced and the walls between the rooms are thin.

If you have to stay in belize city this is a good option. Staff are very friendly and good location.

Fun and kind staff