Seaside Guesthouse Reviews

#3 Prince street, Belize City, Belize

I liked the staff they were very nice, helpful and happy people. The hostel itself needs some work and upgrades especially the bathrooms. The owner I would say has given up on the place. It has potential good location nice breeze off the ocean which is a plus in the heat a little love and care and it could shine again

Quiet place over looking the water. Simple and it's just a place to sleep. Staff was great.

It's a place to sleep.

Awful place, rats in the rooms, cockroaches everywhere, weird american staff (super anti-social/paranoid/confrontational). I've stayed in over 500 guest houses in over 100 countries and this may be the worst i've ever stayed in. The beds are so uncomfortable, the mattresses are so old (literally 20 years maybe) and really sunken, the rooms aren't divided properly, just ply wood or something so you can hear everything. Seriously DON'T STAY HERE, i'm not joking - i wish i had listened to every1!

Do not stay here, especially if you're a solo female traveller. When I showed up it was at exactly the same time as the police, who arrested someone that seemed to be living at the hostel. Not a good start. The girl that showed me around the hostel was obviously drunk and smelt awful. The hostel itself is very very basic and dirty, I decided I could live with that as I was only there one night. The big problem was the next day when Mitch the owner/manager decide he wanted to 'read my cards' j

Miss A is like the saving grace for this hostel. She is helpful and goes out of her way to try and help you out with tips and tours in the area. The owner Mitch seemed a little sketchy especially after a couple bottles of rum. The was a cockroach in the room...and a couple on the ground floor too. If you have to stay overnight in the city it works but I wouldnt stay any longer if i had to!

The hostel was in a great location and was the cheapest I could find - but you get what you pay for! It was very dirty, and there was a very aggressive older woman working/volunteering there who made me very uncomfortable. A, another woman there, was great however, and gave me a private room for the rate of a shared dorm, which I appreciated very much.

Manager Miss A was a gem -extremely helpful. Sheets were all torn. Bathroom was filthy!

• 8th Feb 2014