Seaview Guesthouse Reviews

58 Nathan Road, Mirador Mansion, Flat F3, 16 Floor, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Pictures are a lie, hostel is in an old and dirty building, dirty sheets and bathroom. I actually don't think they are legally operating. Don't know how they show up in the hostelworld web page.

No air-con in the common room all day, staff switch off air-con in my room at 5am, ( power supply control by them outside) bathroom dirty , not a comfortable place

Apple is a great host. If she appears to be grumpy at times, that's only on the surface ;-) I'd recommend Seaview to anyone staying in Hong Kong on a budget. I'd also recommend for Apple to discipline her long-term residents in the dorms. It seems they lack even the most basic form of respect for their fellow roommates. They come into the room at 3 in the morning and apparently think nothing of switching on the bright fluorescent light and then discuss loudly amongst themselves LOUDLY.

I stayed at Hong Kong hostel first and after that this place didn't seem very good. The beds were very narrow and maybe six feet long. It didn't seem very clean. I'd rather pay the little extra and stay at Hong Kong hostel.

This place was an absolute wreck. The rooms were small, the bathrooms were terrible, the staff was not helpful, the lounge was disgusting, the beds were uncomfortable, and it was overall EXPENSIVE. Please, for the love of god, don't stay in the Mirador Mansion hostels, unless you really want to find some profound appreciation for your house at home.

• 1st May 2014

good location

• 1st May 2014
  • liuxing2w
  • China

The shower and toilet were both broken, the wifi wouldn't connect, I had no contact info for the owner and she short changed me. The pictures on your site are a damn lie. and before I could get my coffee in the morning a guy tried to sell me drugs on the sidewalk. I didn't catch anything.

• 13th Apr 2014

Illegitimate hostel. Felt like this was somebody's apartment they had illegally converted. The manager was actually a very nice lady but made us feel a little weirded out when she cried her eyes out as we told her we did not want to stay there. Very disorganised, cluttered, and I did not feel confident leaving my stuff there. I felt bad after the guilt trip from the manager but my friend and I found a much nicer private room for around the same price.

The rooms where small (4 beds next to each other) but clean. On Hostelworld we read that there is a common room, a kitchen, laundry facilities but none of these things where there. It was just a room with a bed. That's it. Maybe for HongKong the price is all right but in general I thought the room was quite expensive. The location by the way was really good.

The fact that you don't check your website bookings is not helpful for road-weary travelers. The fact that you wished to make it up by providing cheaper rates was great. The fact that you switched security codes and moved guests belongings without their knowing is terrible. The fact that you repaid what they didn't spend is wise. The fact that you left to go eat when you had a line of people with problems was terrible. Clean up your act and hostel, and it could be a good time.

Its very close from the subway station. The owner is so kind and nice. But facilities are quite bad. But its cheap. There is a cctv, but feel still unsaftey. There is a rooftop over the hostel. Its good :)

Stayed there during chinese new year when this place was totally overcrowded and dirty. Worst hostel i have ever stayed!

This place was overbooked but didnt tell us. Sent us to other peoples beds and different guest houses after stringing us along. Manager didnt seem to be there. Left and forfitted deposit as we were unable to even sleep there. If there is ANY other option, take it.