Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

Staff very friendly and no complaints apart from them keeping our deposit from a booking that we had to change prior to us arriving at the hostel- a bit cheeky and unnecessary if you ask me. Other than that I would recommend this hostel strongly if you are travelling alone or want to meet other travellers as it's very easy to meet other people in the breakfast/reception area or on the roof top. A very clean hostel within 5 mins walk of all the major Istanbul sites. Breakfast also good.

I was by myself on this trip and the staff made me feel really welcome. Good hostel to meet people at brekkie and at night. I stayed on the 3rd floor in a single room with shared bathroom, and it was nice and quiet, once the fan was in my room I couldnt hear anything. Great location, 10 mins walk to Hagia Sofia, the Grand Bazar, the Spice market and the bridge. Mini supermarket 1 min away. Many good restaurants 1 min away. Felt safe. Thanks team!

I hade a private room that was large and fantastic. Only thing that was missing was a small refrigerator.

amazing days in second home hostel, everything was fine, stuff, breakfast, location, facilities, atmosphere..

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

This place is excellent! The staff is friendly and helpful, and there are plenty of people to meet. The common area is set up that it's easy to meet people too. There are a lot of other good things to say, but I feel like I'd just be repeating other reviewers.

• 23rd Jul 2014

The hostel is extremely clean. They have a variety of rooms and dorms available. The showers are amazing and the breakfast is a great start to the day. There, you will meet young solo travellers, couples, families and retired people and the atmostphere there is conducive to pleasant chats over breakfast with fellow travellers.Second Home was my base during my three week trip in Turkey and leaving my heavy suitcase in storgae was never a problem. Overall, a great hostel experience.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Great location and the staff was just the BEST. Not only are they very accommodating and kind, but they are also so personable and I absolutely enjoyed hanging out with them. The bedding was comfortable and clean. The second HOME hostel's atmosphere makes you really feel at home and the common room is a great open space for dancing, dinners, and games. They do a lot of activities as a hostel so it's easy to get to know everyone and have a good time making new friends. Wonderful hostel.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Enjoyed my stay at Second Home Hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and hosted two dinners while I was there which was a good opportunity to experience some Turkish cuisine. The one mixed dorm can be a bit cramped and hot at times but is manageable.

• 16th Jul 2014

Nice place, all the sites are within walking distance. Staffs are helpful, organises everything for you.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

John Mimo and Astma were welcoming and very helpful. They took us to a great bar the first night I was thete and I would have no hesitation recommending this hostel. .. Please go and support them

Very warm welcoming, friendly staff, enjoyable ! Very central location that you can just walk in a few min. to historical area and there is many local restaurants, supermarket near hostel. The room and common area are very clean, they have good atmosphere to meet another travelers and sharing experience. Rooftop terrace was just amazing ! :)

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Great location, helpful staff. Enjoyed my stay!

Great atmosphere and extremely helpful and friendly staff, especially Omar. However our room smelt musty and the mould in the shower was concerning.

Great hospitality ! It is my first experience that staff who are so willing to help plan your sightseeing and assist with every aspect of your vacation. The location is perfect and everything is easily accessible from the hotel. The breakfast is good enough to start to day and great atmosphere with chatting another traveller in the lobby. Wi-fi is really fast even in the rooms ! It is totally SECOND HOME as they make you feel all the time!

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Albania

Thanks for exelent weekend break. I kindly recomended Second Home hostel. Very good location, clean and big room, very nice stuff. :)

Very welcoming staff, greeted with tea and they went through the surrounding area and what we should see. Also they staff the front desk 24/7 so whenever you have a question or need to get a taxi, someone is there to help. Would definitely come back here.

• 4th Jun 2014

We had a great time! Thanks for making us feel at home.

• 30th May 2014
  • Israel

The location is great, less than 5 minutes from Gulhane tram station, and all the attractions and important places to visit are still within the walking distance. The hostel staff are nice and friendly and they will answer all your queries even before you arrived there. They let us stay in the same room (private room) rather than the dorm with the same price. In total I stayed there for 6 nights.The room a bit too small and there were not enough locker for dorm room and small too.

There were ants all over our room.

• 23rd May 2014

We've spent 4 fantastic days in Istanbul, thanks to the hostel, our stay was very nice, after the long day trips we could have rest and reload for next day. From the roof terrace we got a wonderful view on the city, and on Bosphorus bridge with its red lights by night. The hostel has a very good location, everything ,what is for tourist, is in the neighbouring streets. The staff was always extremly friendly, gave us always tips and hints what to see and do in the city, thank you guys again!!!

• 17th May 2014