Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

Very welcoming staff ! Breakfast is brilliant with free teas and coffee! Rooms are spacious and clean.If you are a solo traveller, you should come here and feel atmosphere as they provide dinners to make people together, thank you guys ! I will definetly come back !

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Really nice hostel! Well located and super staff! I would definitely come back;)

If you're looking for a place in the old town, this is a good option - close to everything and the guys are nice. Pro tip: take a cab from Ataturk rather than the shuttle, it'll be cheaper. Also, I would recommend only staying on the old town side for a couple of nights, and then switching to Beyoglu/Taksim side. It's much less touristy and there's a greater variety of restaurants and bars in the evenings (cheaper ones, too).

This place doesn't deserve the rating it has. It's frankly not a very good value. You can stay at far nicer places that have better breakfasts in better locations for the same price or cheaper.

Memo, the hotel manager is the man. Super laid back, helped us with everything that we needed.

A nice place to stay in Istanbul.

The hostel is perfectly situated and very clean. We felt like home and the staff was lovely and helpful! We very much recommend it!

Great location, amazing atmosphere and very friendly and helpful people. We had a amazing time there.

• 26th Sep 2014

Great location, excellent staff ! The rooms and bathrooms are really clean, i highly recommend this place for all kind of trips.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Second Home Hostel was my first place of stay in Turkey. I had a single room without ensuite. The place was very clean and tidy including the shared shower rooms and toilets. The rent included a simple but delicious breakfast. The hostel was walking distance away from Topkapi Palace and a short tram ride from Aya Sofia and the Blue Mosque. The staff at the hostel were all helpful and friendly. The owners, Memo and Can, made good arrangements for my travels in other parts of Turkey.

Some things were slightly overpriced (like the dinner, or tea), other than tha, it was really good. Great location near Hagia Sofia.

The location is fantastic. The attractions such as Agia Sofia, Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace are all within walking distance. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean. Everything I needed after a day out. Not to mention, the awesome team of people running this place. They're really helpful and friendly. Can was super nice to take me to a shisha place nearby. So for a good shisha night out, Can's the man! I would recommend staying here when in Istanbul. Value for money.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

I spent fanstastic time in this hostel. Friendly and helpful staff, remarkable atmoshere, delicious suppers and good location. I strongly recommend it!

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Poland

First of all amazing atmosphere! The staff is very helpful and friendly making it feel like a second home. The location is just perfect - grocery stores, plenty of local restaurants, pharmacy, tram stop, etc. all in distance of less than 100m and of course all the most important places worth seeing in a walking distance. Clean rooms and facilities, safe area, top roof terrace with great view. It simply has just everything you need. Thanks guys for being my second family here!!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Poland

Second Home is an amazing place to stay. With free breakfast, friendly staff and the awesome roof top this place is worth every Lira! Everything is reasonably priced which includes the laundry and the refreshments they serve. The hostel is in the heart of the old district, so you will save money by just walking to 80% of your attractions. The hostel is also surrounded by many cheap restaurants and pubs which make life really easy. It is minutes away from the tram and metro station.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • India

Really good stay as always.

I definitely come back.

Best hostel so far!!! It has the loveliest atmosphere and the loveliest staff! Me and my boyfriend felt completely welcomed and despite not having spent the days with any of the guests, breakfasts were always filled with lovely and interesting conversations,n especially with the staff. I can't say enough how much we loved this hostel and everybody running it! Also, the fact that breakfast was included was awesome, especially because it was a turkish-style breakfast! A M A Z I N G!!!!

I stayed at Second Home Hostel for 3 nights in August 2014 and I would definitely recommend it. It's very easy to get around from there because of it's great location (near Gulhane Park), hostel staff is very friendly and helpful, you can meet other travelers and share stories because the atmosphere there is very warm, plus it has a great rooftop terrace where you can just chill and see the city lights at night.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Romania

Hey there fellow travelers, I was at Second Home Hostel for a couple of days (3 nights / 4 days) and I had a really really pleasant stay! The staff is so nice and friendly and the rooftop has a nice view. They make sure that travelers have the chance to talk to each other so they organize meals and partyes. Also, I went out clubbing with some of the backpackers there and members of the staff, The name: Second Home Hostel is NOT in vain! They make sure you feel at home. P.s. -Wifi is excelent!

• 17th Aug 2014