Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

Read all the other reviews, very accurate. Had a wonderful time with wonderful hosts.

• 26th Aug 2015

Arriving very late at night, the reception was open and i was met with open arms.We checked in without any problems.The following day i had a great breakfast and numerous staff-members stood ready to answer questions or simply just to hang out. It was truly like a cozy household of which we became part of. The guys here are very down to earth and you can always trike up a conversation; if not with other travelers, then most certainly with the staff. And big thanks to Merve for being great :)

• 12th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Great staff, very chill. Location is very convenient, it's minutes walk from the major sites yet still removed from the super busy touristy part. Friday night dinner and going out is a great way to eat good food and meet some people!

• 11th Aug 2015

Great place to stay! It is located in a great location surrounded by all the great parts of old Istanbul. Also the staff here were truly wonderful. Very friendly and hardworking, they are all from turkey and are very familiar with the city. Also on Fridays they cook and amazing (and cheap) dinner followed by a pub crawl which was amazing. This hostel really feels like authentic Istanbul and made my trip really memorable and special! Thanks for the good time!

The people in Second Home Hostel truly consider you as friends. They care for everything. The place is tiny though the rooms are really nice, and the hostel is perfectly located close to Sultanahmet. I got few opportunities to met such guys as Memo and Merve who were part of the staff. I ll definitely go back there again.

Great hostel! Super nice people and amazing rooftop! I hope to go back there someday :)

My stay at Second Home Hostel was perfect!!! On arrival the friendly staff welcomed me, helped with my luggage, offered me a beverage and helped organise a tour for the next day. The staff were amazing suggesting great local places to eat and plenty of local advice. During my stay the staff put on dinner, we all sat around chatting, sharing stories, followed by drinks on the rooftop terrace overlooking the beautiful Istanbul before heading out for a great night out! Would definitely recommend!!!

This was one of the most pleasant stays I've ever had in a hostel in Europe. The staff was extremely friendly and always had a smile on. They even remembered my name as I walked into the door each night. I absolutely loved the location and amenities of the hostel. Free wifi, breakfast with free hot drinks and an awesome roof top terrace with views of the old city. The rooms, although small, were clean with large windows that opened up fully. My room came with a fan which was also nice.

I was made welcome as soon as I walked in the door! I only stayed one night but had a home cooked meal and was given lots of good information about Istanbul. I wanted to stay longer ! Memo and the team were lovely :) thank you for a great stay, I will come again next time I'm in Turkey!

I can't recommended second home enough !! The staff were so friendly and helpful and the rooms (we had a private) were small but nice and cool. The location is 800m or less to all the major attractions (blue mosque, grand bazaar etc) but in a nice quiet back street near an alley that has heaps of resturaunt a with great food. I've already booked a room for when I go back to Istanbul. Also they can organise amazing yours though out the rest of Turkey and literally EVERTHING is included.

This was my first time to Turkey/Istanbul and Second Home Hostel made my stay absolutely amazing! The staff was so helpful and welcoming. They invited me to eat with them for countless meals, join them on nights out, and hang out with them in their free time. The hostel is incredibly close to popular tourist attractions such as Ayasofya and the Blue Mosque, as well as the Bosphorous. Thank you so much to Can, Merve, Memo and all of Memo`s awesome friends for showing me how beautiful Istanbul is.

• 10th Jul 2015

The hostel is nice and the staff too. However, the female dorm is really small and not the best for 6 persons (we are stepping on each other) and there is no small lamps, so you have to keep the big light on until the last one goes to sleep. It is also really noisy all night long because of all the activity and cars in the street. But after the location is perfect, easy if access, and the roof terrasse is really nice to sit in during evenings. We were 3 girls and felt safe, I will recommend it.

Everything was awesome! Hosts were great, very helpful. Room Was perfect! Shower worked well. Location is great.

I've been to many hostels across Europe but none like this. The staff genuinely care and want you to have the best possible time. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Made some good friends!

The directions in the website are very confuse, we didn't know how to arrive there with public transport and they offer a transfer's service for 10€ person from sabiha airport but in the mail that we received was saying more money to the dá-me transfer. Only this is bad, because our stay there was great!

Absolutely great place to stay! The people are extremely friendly and helpful, and the Turkish night is one of the best experience I had in Istanbul! Highly recommended.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • China

Wonderful place to stay. A truly second home.

• 15th Jun 2015

It was amazing day when I lived in second home hostel. thanks for all staff they are very kind. And city really beautiful I liked.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Uzbekistan

Great breakfast included!

Exactly what a hostel should be and 1 of the best I have stayed in. Incredibly chilled and a great place to meet people. If you need help the staff will always provide or even take you for a night out or a meal if you like. Breakfast runs late which is ideal if you have been up late. The roof terrace is amazing and a great place to relax.

• 6th Jun 2015