Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

Great stay. I was only in Istanbul for 20 hours and wanted to cram as many sights in as possible. This place is in the heart of it ALL. I was able to hit the Blue Mosque, St. Sofia, cisterns and spice market. All of this major attractions are within a 10-15 min. walking distance. Awesome spot. I stayed in a single private which was pretty comfy and not to overpriced given the awesome proximity to the sites.

Welcoming, friendly staff, gave us a second home for those six nights! Helped us with every questions we had and made the "turkish-anti-cold-tea" for us. The dinner nights they organize once a week are fun and good to meet other travellers. Located close to historic sights, mosques, bazars, eminönü harbour, supermarket, etc, everything within walking distance. Nice roof top terrace with view, kitchen for use and common area with good atmosphere to meet people. Drawers in the dorm can be locked!

Best people, best location, best cats

Good hostel close to the major attractions. Our room had a vent to the toilet next door it seemed because when the guy was sick at 3 in the morning ..your could clearly hear the details. Food was ok. Average hostel in a great location.

Really enjoyed my staff. Staff very friendly and helpful. Relaxed atmosphere. keep up the good work !

• 17th Oct 2014

Very welcoming staff ! Breakfast is brilliant with free teas and coffee! Rooms are spacious and clean.If you are a solo traveller, you should come here and feel atmosphere as they provide dinners to make people together, thank you guys ! I will definetly come back !

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Really nice hostel! Well located and super staff! I would definitely come back;)

If you're looking for a place in the old town, this is a good option - close to everything and the guys are nice. Pro tip: take a cab from Ataturk rather than the shuttle, it'll be cheaper. Also, I would recommend only staying on the old town side for a couple of nights, and then switching to Beyoglu/Taksim side. It's much less touristy and there's a greater variety of restaurants and bars in the evenings (cheaper ones, too).

Staff was kind and easygoing. They always smiled towards us.Rooms were quite clear.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Turkey

This place doesn't deserve the rating it has. It's frankly not a very good value. You can stay at far nicer places that have better breakfasts in better locations for the same price or cheaper.

Memo, the hotel manager is the man. Super laid back, helped us with everything that we needed.

A nice place to stay in Istanbul.

The hostel is perfectly situated and very clean. We felt like home and the staff was lovely and helpful! We very much recommend it!

Great location, amazing atmosphere and very friendly and helpful people. We had a amazing time there.

• 26th Sep 2014

Great location, excellent staff ! The rooms and bathrooms are really clean, i highly recommend this place for all kind of trips.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Second Home Hostel was my first place of stay in Turkey. I had a single room without ensuite. The place was very clean and tidy including the shared shower rooms and toilets. The rent included a simple but delicious breakfast. The hostel was walking distance away from Topkapi Palace and a short tram ride from Aya Sofia and the Blue Mosque. The staff at the hostel were all helpful and friendly. The owners, Memo and Can, made good arrangements for my travels in other parts of Turkey.

Some things were slightly overpriced (like the dinner, or tea), other than tha, it was really good. Great location near Hagia Sofia.

The location is fantastic. The attractions such as Agia Sofia, Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace are all within walking distance. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean. Everything I needed after a day out. Not to mention, the awesome team of people running this place. They're really helpful and friendly. Can was super nice to take me to a shisha place nearby. So for a good shisha night out, Can's the man! I would recommend staying here when in Istanbul. Value for money.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

I spent fanstastic time in this hostel. Friendly and helpful staff, remarkable atmoshere, delicious suppers and good location. I strongly recommend it!

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Poland

First of all amazing atmosphere! The staff is very helpful and friendly making it feel like a second home. The location is just perfect - grocery stores, plenty of local restaurants, pharmacy, tram stop, etc. all in distance of less than 100m and of course all the most important places worth seeing in a walking distance. Clean rooms and facilities, safe area, top roof terrace with great view. It simply has just everything you need. Thanks guys for being my second family here!!

• 1st Sep 2014