Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

I love it here! John, Omar were really helpful and friendly. Perfect location to everywhere, i really feel like home. Andddd not to forget the cat, Bonjour ❤️ I will come back and stay here again. Miss u guys!

We had such a lovely experience at Second Home Hostel. The location is prime for the sultanahmet tourist attractions, the staff was so friendly and welcoming and willing to go out of our way to show us around. Free breakfast is a great added benefit too! Would definitely recommend to anyone and would go back in a heartbeat!!

Outstanding service staff:)

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Hungary

My experience at Second Home Hostel was incredible. I went on a solo trip to Istanbul and stayed on the mixed dorm which was clean and comfortable and allowed me to meet many other travellers. The location of the Hostel is ideal to visit the major landmarks as well as to move around Istanbul because it is really close to tram, train, ferry etc. stations. The staff was helpful and friendly- Merve, Maria and Memo are amazing and will ensure that you enjoy every minute of Istanbul. Highly recommend

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Colombia

Nice Hostel located in the old city of Istanbul, staff is really friendly.

Amazing hostel in great location. Staff are super friendly and help you out with anything. Beds and bathrooms are fine and a decent common area down the bottom. This was our second tone staying here and will definitely come again.

Great base for exploring Istanbul. Located in Old City with good public transport connections to both airports, Taksim and Asian side. Fun, friendly and helpful staff. Information, activities and parties through the hostel. Good breakfast and comfortable bed. It really is a homely place to stay!

This is a great hostel but the one negative aspect was that the 9 bed dorm, which was in the basement, needed constant ventilation, if not the whole place would get a horrible odor, possibly from the bathroom. The Stagg is great and super helpful. The location is within 5 to 10 minutes of all main attractions. Breakfast is decent but filling. Would stay here again, just not in the 9 bed dorm.

One of the best hostels I have stayed at! The staff, especially Merve, are all so welcoming and very helpful. Has a free breakfast which is handy, the rooms feel homely and the roof terrace has great views! Great value for money too, would definitely stay here again.

Memo was lovely and knew a lot! The other staff were friendly but didn't seem to know too much information. I can imagine this place is great in the summer but the vibe was a bit dead when I was there, which wasn't ideal for a solo traveller. The whole place smelt like poo when I was there I think something might be wrong with their plumbing.

Excellent staff and location. Good Atmosphere. The room facilities were average. Conclusion: Excellent value for money. If you search for a place for a couple of days, with a good location to know the city and from the metro, choose Second Home Hostel!

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Portugal

The location was prime and the staff were great especially Maria. There was everything you needed in walking distance. The staff were always available to chat or hang out and see how your day was. They even made me breakfast extra early when I had a 6:30am flight.

Memo and Can were such great generous hosts, it felt good to have a little place to call home at the end of the day. The hostel is in a perfect location, within walking distance to all the sights and is super clean. The restaurant is a great place to chill out with a cup of cay around the great breakfast and meet other travelers. A perfect base from which to explore the city!

• 28th Oct 2015

We had a fantastic time at Second Home hostel. We had a great night out with the staff and Memo even put together a trip for us along the Adriatic Coast for us after Istanbul with great prices. We were recommended a hamam by the hostel that turned out to be very average so I would recommend looking at other options. Aside from that everything else was excellent, would recommend anyone to stay there!

• 21st Oct 2015

I am not sure why I was given a bed on the first floor - the hostel was so quiet - the noise from the road kept me awake half the night . Also the bed was not very comfortable. Buy friendly staff, great location and nice breakfast. Thank You

Second Home, true to it's name, will be your second home in Istanbul. I cannot think of a single fault with this Hostel and have no hesitation in recommending this Hostel as a must for young solo travelers, couples or even families. A special mention about the super friendly and fun people who run this Hostel. The young and vivacious team including Maria, Marveh, Memo and ofcourse John!! They become friends and they give you the warmth that only a friend or family would.

Second home is a nice clean hostel in a great location. You can walk to anything you want to see, and if walking isn't your thing the metro is very close too! Staff is eager to help and very kind. The rooftop patio is a nice place to sit and has wifi. Great place to stay when you're in Istanbul!

Spent only a night at this hostel, but also stayed in a hotel in Istanbul and found the hostel to be nicer than the hotel. A particular thanks to the kind man on staff who woke me up 10 minutes before my airport transfer booked for 3am. I would have missed the transfer if he had not woken me as I slept through my alarm. Thanks again legend! I hope you know who you are because I didn't get your name. Above and beyond staffing :)

The hostel is very, very good. The staff is super attentive and helpful, breakfast is very good and the location even better, close to everything , yet quiet time at night

Its very lovely place to stay. Just near all major attractions - Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Aya Sofia, etc 5 min by walk only! I stayed in women dorm, wich was nice and clean. Also people, who is working there are friendly and super helpful! And they have great roof top terrace with amazing view to all historical part of Istanbul. Definitely reccomend this place!

• 7th Oct 2015