Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

Great location, amazing atmosphere and very friendly and helpful people. We had a amazing time there.

• 26th Sep 2014

Great location, excellent staff ! The rooms and bathrooms are really clean, i highly recommend this place for all kind of trips.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Some things were slightly overpriced (like the dinner, or tea), other than tha, it was really good. Great location near Hagia Sofia.

I spent fanstastic time in this hostel. Friendly and helpful staff, remarkable atmoshere, delicious suppers and good location. I strongly recommend it!

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Poland

First of all amazing atmosphere! The staff is very helpful and friendly making it feel like a second home. The location is just perfect - grocery stores, plenty of local restaurants, pharmacy, tram stop, etc. all in distance of less than 100m and of course all the most important places worth seeing in a walking distance. Clean rooms and facilities, safe area, top roof terrace with great view. It simply has just everything you need. Thanks guys for being my second family here!!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Poland

Second Home is an amazing place to stay. With free breakfast, friendly staff and the awesome roof top this place is worth every Lira! Everything is reasonably priced which includes the laundry and the refreshments they serve. The hostel is in the heart of the old district, so you will save money by just walking to 80% of your attractions. The hostel is also surrounded by many cheap restaurants and pubs which make life really easy. It is minutes away from the tram and metro station.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • India

Really good stay as always.

Best hostel so far!!! It has the loveliest atmosphere and the loveliest staff! Me and my boyfriend felt completely welcomed and despite not having spent the days with any of the guests, breakfasts were always filled with lovely and interesting conversations,n especially with the staff. I can't say enough how much we loved this hostel and everybody running it! Also, the fact that breakfast was included was awesome, especially because it was a turkish-style breakfast! A M A Z I N G!!!!

I stayed at Second Home Hostel for 3 nights in August 2014 and I would definitely recommend it. It's very easy to get around from there because of it's great location (near Gulhane Park), hostel staff is very friendly and helpful, you can meet other travelers and share stories because the atmosphere there is very warm, plus it has a great rooftop terrace where you can just chill and see the city lights at night.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Romania

Hey there fellow travelers, I was at Second Home Hostel for a couple of days (3 nights / 4 days) and I had a really really pleasant stay! The staff is so nice and friendly and the rooftop has a nice view. They make sure that travelers have the chance to talk to each other so they organize meals and partyes. Also, I went out clubbing with some of the backpackers there and members of the staff, The name: Second Home Hostel is NOT in vain! They make sure you feel at home. P.s. -Wifi is excelent!

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Romania

Staff very friendly and no complaints apart from them keeping our deposit from a booking that we had to change prior to us arriving at the hostel- a bit cheeky and unnecessary if you ask me. Other than that I would recommend this hostel strongly if you are travelling alone or want to meet other travellers as it's very easy to meet other people in the breakfast/reception area or on the roof top. A very clean hostel within 5 mins walk of all the major Istanbul sites. Breakfast also good.

I was by myself on this trip and the staff made me feel really welcome. Good hostel to meet people at brekkie and at night. I stayed on the 3rd floor in a single room with shared bathroom, and it was nice and quiet, once the fan was in my room I couldnt hear anything. Great location, 10 mins walk to Hagia Sofia, the Grand Bazar, the Spice market and the bridge. Mini supermarket 1 min away. Many good restaurants 1 min away. Felt safe. Thanks team!

Friendly and helpful staff. Good and abundant breakfast. Rooms weren't so clean. We found sand on the bad sheet and ants in the room. The deluxe double room is spacious but without windows, it's quite stuffy inside.

I hade a private room that was large and fantastic. Only thing that was missing was a small refrigerator.

amazing days in second home hostel, everything was fine, stuff, breakfast, location, facilities, atmosphere..

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

This place is excellent! The staff is friendly and helpful, and there are plenty of people to meet. The common area is set up that it's easy to meet people too. There are a lot of other good things to say, but I feel like I'd just be repeating other reviewers.

• 23rd Jul 2014

The hostel is extremely clean. They have a variety of rooms and dorms available. The showers are amazing and the breakfast is a great start to the day. There, you will meet young solo travellers, couples, families and retired people and the atmostphere there is conducive to pleasant chats over breakfast with fellow travellers.Second Home was my base during my three week trip in Turkey and leaving my heavy suitcase in storgae was never a problem. Overall, a great hostel experience.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Great location and the staff was just the BEST. Not only are they very accommodating and kind, but they are also so personable and I absolutely enjoyed hanging out with them. The bedding was comfortable and clean. The second HOME hostel's atmosphere makes you really feel at home and the common room is a great open space for dancing, dinners, and games. They do a lot of activities as a hostel so it's easy to get to know everyone and have a good time making new friends. Wonderful hostel.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Enjoyed my stay at Second Home Hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and hosted two dinners while I was there which was a good opportunity to experience some Turkish cuisine. The one mixed dorm can be a bit cramped and hot at times but is manageable.

• 16th Jul 2014

Nice place, all the sites are within walking distance. Staffs are helpful, organises everything for you.

• 2nd Jul 2014