Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

Very central location that you can walk from hostel to all historical sides. The rooms are really clean and comfort. They also serve Turkish Dinner some days to show their traditional kitchen, make an atmosphere for the guest, it was the great mood though. Staffs ( Memo, Kaan, Can, Omar and Huseyin ) are really helpful and they give you tips in the city. They also provided Turkey tours for me, especially Cappadocia was great, i recommend everybody ! If i come back to Istanbul, i know my home !

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Great hostel. Great location, met lots of other really nice travellers, nice size and the guys that worked there were really nice. Definitely recommended for other travellers - both in groups or travelling alone.

Hi guys, Thanks for such an awesome time and keeping me company :) Good luck with everything and I hope to be back some day!

• 27th Apr 2014

thanks to all friendy and helpfull people at the hotel :)

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Russia

The staff here were so welcoming and helped us with our bags as soon as we stepped into the building. Facilities were all good, location was fine if you don't mind a bit of walking. Would stay here again.

Amazing place! Excelent location! Best staff ever!!! Thank you very much guys! We have had a great time!

It truly feels like your Second home!! The most amazing & friendly staff! Great location, all the main sights are in walking distance, tram station just down the road. It is without doubt, the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Should not hesitate with booking it! Thank you guys for your hospitallity, you are forever in our hearts. Tina&Luka

Really friendly staff, helped carried our bag up the stairs! As we were staying 5 nights they gave 3 of us a large 5 bedroom room to ourselves so we had plenty of room. Nice breakfast included and awesome location to the tram stop and the main attractions.

Great location, right in old town, close to the water and several amenities. Walking distance from Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar. Staff was friendly and helped with our lost luggage, rooms are nice and facilities were cleaned every day. Highly recommend this place.

Definitely the best place to stay in Istanbul. Centrally located, cozy (and quiet!) rooms and good brakfast served until 11.30 (!). Rooftop terrace to relax with amazing view...I had an unforgettable time at this place and never experienced so much hospitality before. Everyone here is really welcoming and caring. Every weekend they cook dinner for all guests and afterwards there is the opportunity to explore Istanbul nightlife together. I recommend it to everybody and will definitely be back :).

• 16th Apr 2014

The breakfast was not so bad and the location was very good. However, they didn't change my bed sheets although I stayed there for several days. Most staff were very nice except one people (maybe boss). He was very arrogant and had a haughty manner and tried to charge me more money.

Good; clean, location is excellent, good breakfast. Disappointing; loud music from the bar we heard even on second floor. We asked about it but other guests (?) wanted the music this loud. I asked information about the publci bus and boat, but felt uncomfortable when the guy tried to sell me a 30 euro boat-trip (public boat 10 lira). We stayed 5 nights, and could not receive any discount because we booked on hostelworld. 36 euro per night for a room of 6m2 with shared bathroom is overpriced!!

Thanks for choosing us and complaints, We prepare traditional foods and make party in common room,most of the guests join and bring their own drinks,open music etc. in Comon Room then we go out after 22.30 ! We tell our tours for info, there is huge difference between public and private tours.There is transfer,lunch,guiding and long trip in private. We didn't hear anything from you for a discount or direct booking 'till you arrive here and we don't have any deal like that

Fantastic place, the staff are great at helping with whatever needs you have. Plenty of fun to hang out with as well.

Very nice people... I felt like I am among my friends.. watch movie every night in English.. Location is best... easily reachable to every famous palce by walk. If I had any question, the staff is always there to help.. breakfast is simple but very nice and healthy.. love the coffee made by Kaan (staff member) .. meet other people from different culture and countries.. hanging out and smoking sheesha with new people I dont even remember the names..

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Pakistan

Had a great experience at this hostel! Perfect location, walking distance to all the main attractions. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Had a great time at the traditional Turkish dinner on Friday nights and so much fun dancing in Taksim! Room was clean and warm. Showers hot and great water pressure. Really nice stay.

It truly feels like a second home! If I ever go back to Istanbul, I will definitely stay there again. The breakfast consisted of bread, apple tea (delicious), cereal with milk, cookies, tomato and some black olives with spices (very good). The hostel is very close to everything. We pretty much walked everywhere.

Staying in more than 4o Hostels in my life, The Monk's was one of the best! Great staff, i felt like my home

One of the best hostels I've ever been!! Very friendly and helpful staff (especially Kristel :)), breakfast is good, location is more than perfect, bathrooms and rooms are clean. You can get free tee or coffee anytime you want and wifi connection is great.-It doesn't get much better than that... I would come again. :)

• 24th Feb 2014
  • Slovenia

I really enjoyed my stay here the location is brilliant walking distance to everything. Only issue was toilets and showers were occasionally out of order

Great location, right in the centre of the old town and close to the tram/ferry/railway. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and the hostel had a great, communal atmosphere. Lockers in room are small and require your own padlock. The dorm I was in only had a communal key that should have been left in reception - no one told me of this however. It felt safe but not as secure as I'd have liked. Overall though, great hostel, good breakfast and good value for money!