Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

Perfect stuff, perfect clean rooms, great atmosphere, delicious breakfast (and sometımes homemade dınner by the stuff) and best locatıon very close to sultanahmet and galata. hıghly recommended, best hostel ı have stayed so far. MEMO IS THE BEST

• 14th May 2014

We had an amazing week in Istanbul, made so much better by The Second Home. The location is fantastic for seeing the sights, and the staff are fantastic for seeing a more local side of life. Looking forward to coming back.

The staff was so great. Very welcoming and nice. Istanbul we felt was a little unsafe but the staff made us feel welcome and offered to take us out at night and show us around. Location is also perfect with plenty of shops and food close by as well as short walk from most of the sites. Highly recommend.

Nice hostel, location was perfect (3 min walking to sirkeci and 10 to eminonu stations, most touristic spots at walking distance) and facilities good enough. Friendly staff. Only "downside" was that the private double we booked was in an other building (very close to the hostel though); nothing to complain about the room, it was probably bigger than the ones in the hostel.

We stayed 4 nights as we wanted to see old Istanbul, which is really worth it. The hostel is more like a small hotel no real hostel atmosphere. Kitchen is more a tea kitchen. Common area is more a hang out for the people working there. Staff is not really engaging and not interested in creating a nice experience. This is a good place to stay just do not expect hostel atmosphere. We had our bicycles with us which was no problem so that was nice. www.twistingspokes.com

• 5th May 2014
  • Denmark

The guys at hostel are really friendly and hard workers, they do all posible to help and make a good stay. The room for a one person was ok, a little bit tight as no room to walk around it, but as all places, if you are just coming to sleep is good, bed sheets were just ok, need to renew some of those.

Great location! the best ever! Stuff is very friendly and Memo answer to almost all your questions about the city, public transportation and the atractions of the city. The breakfast is a little bit poor, but enought to put you on the road. I would definitely stay there again.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Romania

Very central location that you can walk from hostel to all historical sides. The rooms are really clean and comfort. They also serve Turkish Dinner some days to show their traditional kitchen, make an atmosphere for the guest, it was the great mood though. Staffs ( Memo, Kaan, Can, Omar and Huseyin ) are really helpful and they give you tips in the city. They also provided Turkey tours for me, especially Cappadocia was great, i recommend everybody ! If i come back to Istanbul, i know my home !

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

I stayed one week at this hostel and I loved it....The guys are excellent hosts, I felt warmly welcomed and had a lot of fun with the crew! Showers are hot and baths and the room clean.a little bit loud from outside, but if you close the window there is a ventilator in the room.I stayed in 4beds female Dorm.

Great hostel. Great location, met lots of other really nice travellers, nice size and the guys that worked there were really nice. Definitely recommended for other travellers - both in groups or travelling alone.

Hi guys, Thanks for such an awesome time and keeping me company :) Good luck with everything and I hope to be back some day!

• 27th Apr 2014

thanks to all friendy and helpfull people at the hotel :)

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Russia

The staff here were so welcoming and helped us with our bags as soon as we stepped into the building. Facilities were all good, location was fine if you don't mind a bit of walking. Would stay here again.

Amazing place! Excelent location! Best staff ever!!! Thank you very much guys! We have had a great time!

It truly feels like your Second home!! The most amazing & friendly staff! Great location, all the main sights are in walking distance, tram station just down the road. It is without doubt, the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Should not hesitate with booking it! Thank you guys for your hospitallity, you are forever in our hearts. Tina&Luka

Really friendly staff, helped carried our bag up the stairs! As we were staying 5 nights they gave 3 of us a large 5 bedroom room to ourselves so we had plenty of room. Nice breakfast included and awesome location to the tram stop and the main attractions.

Great location, right in old town, close to the water and several amenities. Walking distance from Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar. Staff was friendly and helped with our lost luggage, rooms are nice and facilities were cleaned every day. Highly recommend this place.

Definitely the best place to stay in Istanbul. Centrally located, cozy (and quiet!) rooms and good brakfast served until 11.30 (!). Rooftop terrace to relax with amazing view...I had an unforgettable time at this place and never experienced so much hospitality before. Everyone here is really welcoming and caring. Every weekend they cook dinner for all guests and afterwards there is the opportunity to explore Istanbul nightlife together. I recommend it to everybody and will definitely be back :).

• 16th Apr 2014

The breakfast was not so bad and the location was very good. However, they didn't change my bed sheets although I stayed there for several days. Most staff were very nice except one people (maybe boss). He was very arrogant and had a haughty manner and tried to charge me more money.

Good; clean, location is excellent, good breakfast. Disappointing; loud music from the bar we heard even on second floor. We asked about it but other guests (?) wanted the music this loud. I asked information about the publci bus and boat, but felt uncomfortable when the guy tried to sell me a 30 euro boat-trip (public boat 10 lira). We stayed 5 nights, and could not receive any discount because we booked on hostelworld. 36 euro per night for a room of 6m2 with shared bathroom is overpriced!!

Thanks for choosing us and complaints, We prepare traditional foods and make party in common room,most of the guests join and bring their own drinks,open music etc. in Comon Room then we go out after 22.30 ! We tell our tours for info, there is huge difference between public and private tours.There is transfer,lunch,guiding and long trip in private. We didn't hear anything from you for a discount or direct booking 'till you arrive here and we don't have any deal like that