Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

I really enjoyed my stay here the location is brilliant walking distance to everything. Only issue was toilets and showers were occasionally out of order

Great location, right in the centre of the old town and close to the tram/ferry/railway. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and the hostel had a great, communal atmosphere. Lockers in room are small and require your own padlock. The dorm I was in only had a communal key that should have been left in reception - no one told me of this however. It felt safe but not as secure as I'd have liked. Overall though, great hostel, good breakfast and good value for money!

Recommended hostel. Perfect location. Wonderful staff who really make friends with guests. Weekly group meals at a great price helped to break the ice. Excellent full service kitchen and common area. Great pric during the low season (but expensive in the high season. I left the day before the price changed). The only downside was that the "locker" was only a tiny drawer with a latch too small for my padlock. Plus no lock on the front door meant ANYONE could have messed with my things.

We enjoyed the stay in Istanbul and we had a great time at second home hostel! Thank you for the best apple tea ever! :)

• 21st Feb 2014

Good place to stay ! The staff is really nice and welcoming. Great location.

Nice people, good breakfast, rooms are fine, amazing location.

The place was well staffed with genuinely friendly and helpful people. They were more "hosts" than employees. They were eager to assist and at times went out of their way to get information for me; i.e. private Belly Dancing lessons. I loved that they checked back to make sure all places they referred me to met my expectations: food and or services. The beds were comfortable. The shared bathrooms were clean, and the water was HOT! :) The location was excellent. Two thumbs up!

• 9th Feb 2014

Great team!!!! nice and clean place to stay and wonderful staff of people working there!!!!

• 7th Feb 2014