Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

Fantastic place, the staff are great at helping with whatever needs you have. Plenty of fun to hang out with as well.

Very nice people... I felt like I am among my friends.. watch movie every night in English.. Location is best... easily reachable to every famous palce by walk. If I had any question, the staff is always there to help.. breakfast is simple but very nice and healthy.. love the coffee made by Kaan (staff member) .. meet other people from different culture and countries.. hanging out and smoking sheesha with new people I dont even remember the names..

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Pakistan

Had a great experience at this hostel! Perfect location, walking distance to all the main attractions. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Had a great time at the traditional Turkish dinner on Friday nights and so much fun dancing in Taksim! Room was clean and warm. Showers hot and great water pressure. Really nice stay.

It truly feels like a second home! If I ever go back to Istanbul, I will definitely stay there again. The breakfast consisted of bread, apple tea (delicious), cereal with milk, cookies, tomato and some black olives with spices (very good). The hostel is very close to everything. We pretty much walked everywhere.

Staying in more than 4o Hostels in my life, The Monk's was one of the best! Great staff, i felt like my home

One of the best hostels I've ever been!! Very friendly and helpful staff (especially Kristel :)), breakfast is good, location is more than perfect, bathrooms and rooms are clean. You can get free tee or coffee anytime you want and wifi connection is great.-It doesn't get much better than that... I would come again. :)

• 24th Feb 2014
  • Slovenia

I really enjoyed my stay here the location is brilliant walking distance to everything. Only issue was toilets and showers were occasionally out of order

Great location, right in the centre of the old town and close to the tram/ferry/railway. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and the hostel had a great, communal atmosphere. Lockers in room are small and require your own padlock. The dorm I was in only had a communal key that should have been left in reception - no one told me of this however. It felt safe but not as secure as I'd have liked. Overall though, great hostel, good breakfast and good value for money!

1 2 3 Next » last »