Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

I really enjoyed my stay here the location is brilliant walking distance to everything. Only issue was toilets and showers were occasionally out of order

Great location, right in the centre of the old town and close to the tram/ferry/railway. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and the hostel had a great, communal atmosphere. Lockers in room are small and require your own padlock. The dorm I was in only had a communal key that should have been left in reception - no one told me of this however. It felt safe but not as secure as I'd have liked. Overall though, great hostel, good breakfast and good value for money!

Recommended hostel. Perfect location. Wonderful staff who really make friends with guests. Weekly group meals at a great price helped to break the ice. Excellent full service kitchen and common area. Great pric during the low season (but expensive in the high season. I left the day before the price changed). The only downside was that the "locker" was only a tiny drawer with a latch too small for my padlock. Plus no lock on the front door meant ANYONE could have messed with my things.

We enjoyed the stay in Istanbul and we had a great time at second home hostel! Thank you for the best apple tea ever! :)

• 21st Feb 2014

Good place to stay ! The staff is really nice and welcoming. Great location.

Nice people, good breakfast, rooms are fine, amazing location.

The place was well staffed with genuinely friendly and helpful people. They were more "hosts" than employees. They were eager to assist and at times went out of their way to get information for me; i.e. private Belly Dancing lessons. I loved that they checked back to make sure all places they referred me to met my expectations: food and or services. The beds were comfortable. The shared bathrooms were clean, and the water was HOT! :) The location was excellent. Two thumbs up!

• 9th Feb 2014

Great team!!!! nice and clean place to stay and wonderful staff of people working there!!!!

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Costa Rica

The hostel offers a unbeatable value for your money. Of course if you expect a luxurious hostel stay you are wrong here. The staff is trying very hard to give you a good stay. They offer from then in a while a little dinner for all hostel guests which is very cheap and we went together to the city. Within the "lobby" it is easy to get in contact with other hostel guests. In sum a very good and affordable stay! Definitely recommendable.

Second Home Hostel is likely the best place to stay in Istanbul, whether you are a solo traveller or a couple, young or old. Location couldn't be better; facilities are spotless and comfortable; breakfast is ample and good; and value for money can't be beat. You feel at home from the moment you arrive and there is lots of opportunity to meet other travellers. The best part about this hostel is the atmosphere and the staff: Suzy, Can, Hussein. They are all-round wonderful! Highly recommended.

All staff was very friendly and helpful in organizing much logistic for both my stay in Istambul & organizing my travelling within Turkey. The atmosphere was excellent. One night they cocked some typical dinner: delicious and cheap. My dorm was a bit tiny but clean and quiet and most of room mates were ok. The common toilets and bathroom were mostly fine apart when visited more frequently. One more of them wouldn't spoil!

This is a Very nice Hostel, excellent location on Old town, near all the main atractions, only you need to walk a few minutes to get a mosques, museums, boats, Grand Bazar, etc. The Staff is wonderful, I really feel like in my second home. They resally care about the people. Thanks Zsuzs for your suggestions!!

Great hostel, with great staff that will go out of their way to make sure you have a good time ;)

Great hostel, amazing staff, great place to meet and socialize with other travelers

• 23rd Nov 2013

This is really like my ''second home" in Turkey. Staffs who work here are all very nice, informative, helpful and easy to be around with. The lounge is like your living room where everyone in the family get togather and chat, smoke Shisya, eat, or just chill out. Great atmosphere, cleanness and some fun events will be served. I will defenitely come back!

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Japan

Great atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, convenient location at very centre. Fully recommended :)

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Poland

Great hostel and very friendly people there, felt like at home;)

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Poland

All-in-all a decent hostel - amazing staff, good beds, nice common areas, etc. However, our room was in the basement so didnt get any natural light (i think the rest of the rooms are above ground). I'm not sure this is necessarily a fun / party hostel but we were there in the winter when the roof terrace was closed.

Nice hostel, nice staff, nice location, good facilities and good wifi in a great city. Comfortable beds and a clean hostel. I would come again.

Best hostel is really the best hostel I have had. They really are a seconds home and staff is awesome. Totally recomended

• 27th Oct 2013