Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

It truly feels like your Second home!! The most amazing & friendly staff! Great location, all the main sights are in walking distance, tram station just down the road. It is without doubt, the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Should not hesitate with booking it! Thank you guys for your hospitallity, you are forever in our hearts. Tina&Luka

Really friendly staff, helped carried our bag up the stairs! As we were staying 5 nights they gave 3 of us a large 5 bedroom room to ourselves so we had plenty of room. Nice breakfast included and awesome location to the tram stop and the main attractions.

Great location, right in old town, close to the water and several amenities. Walking distance from Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar. Staff was friendly and helped with our lost luggage, rooms are nice and facilities were cleaned every day. Highly recommend this place.

Definitely the best place to stay in Istanbul. Centrally located, cozy (and quiet!) rooms and good brakfast served until 11.30 (!). Rooftop terrace to relax with amazing view...I had an unforgettable time at this place and never experienced so much hospitality before. Everyone here is really welcoming and caring. Every weekend they cook dinner for all guests and afterwards there is the opportunity to explore Istanbul nightlife together. I recommend it to everybody and will definitely be back :).

• 16th Apr 2014

The breakfast was not so bad and the location was very good. However, they didn't change my bed sheets although I stayed there for several days. Most staff were very nice except one people (maybe boss). He was very arrogant and had a haughty manner and tried to charge me more money.

Good; clean, location is excellent, good breakfast. Disappointing; loud music from the bar we heard even on second floor. We asked about it but other guests (?) wanted the music this loud. I asked information about the publci bus and boat, but felt uncomfortable when the guy tried to sell me a 30 euro boat-trip (public boat 10 lira). We stayed 5 nights, and could not receive any discount because we booked on hostelworld. 36 euro per night for a room of 6m2 with shared bathroom is overpriced!!

Thanks for choosing us and complaints, We prepare traditional foods and make party in common room,most of the guests join and bring their own drinks,open music etc. in Comon Room then we go out after 22.30 ! We tell our tours for info, there is huge difference between public and private tours.There is transfer,lunch,guiding and long trip in private. We didn't hear anything from you for a discount or direct booking 'till you arrive here and we don't have any deal like that

Fantastic place, the staff are great at helping with whatever needs you have. Plenty of fun to hang out with as well.

Very nice people... I felt like I am among my friends.. watch movie every night in English.. Location is best... easily reachable to every famous palce by walk. If I had any question, the staff is always there to help.. breakfast is simple but very nice and healthy.. love the coffee made by Kaan (staff member) .. meet other people from different culture and countries.. hanging out and smoking sheesha with new people I dont even remember the names..

Had a great experience at this hostel! Perfect location, walking distance to all the main attractions. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Had a great time at the traditional Turkish dinner on Friday nights and so much fun dancing in Taksim! Room was clean and warm. Showers hot and great water pressure. Really nice stay.

It truly feels like a second home! If I ever go back to Istanbul, I will definitely stay there again. The breakfast consisted of bread, apple tea (delicious), cereal with milk, cookies, tomato and some black olives with spices (very good). The hostel is very close to everything. We pretty much walked everywhere.

Staying in more than 4o Hostels in my life, The Monk's was one of the best! Great staff, i felt like my home

One of the best hostels I've ever been!! Very friendly and helpful staff (especially Kristel :)), breakfast is good, location is more than perfect, bathrooms and rooms are clean. You can get free tee or coffee anytime you want and wifi connection is great.-It doesn't get much better than that... I would come again. :)

• 24th Feb 2014
  • Slovenia

I really enjoyed my stay here the location is brilliant walking distance to everything. Only issue was toilets and showers were occasionally out of order

Great location, right in the centre of the old town and close to the tram/ferry/railway. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and the hostel had a great, communal atmosphere. Lockers in room are small and require your own padlock. The dorm I was in only had a communal key that should have been left in reception - no one told me of this however. It felt safe but not as secure as I'd have liked. Overall though, great hostel, good breakfast and good value for money!

Recommended hostel. Perfect location. Wonderful staff who really make friends with guests. Weekly group meals at a great price helped to break the ice. Excellent full service kitchen and common area. Great pric during the low season (but expensive in the high season. I left the day before the price changed). The only downside was that the "locker" was only a tiny drawer with a latch too small for my padlock. Plus no lock on the front door meant ANYONE could have messed with my things.

We enjoyed the stay in Istanbul and we had a great time at second home hostel! Thank you for the best apple tea ever! :)

• 21st Feb 2014

Good place to stay ! The staff is really nice and welcoming. Great location.

Nice people, good breakfast, rooms are fine, amazing location.

The place was well staffed with genuinely friendly and helpful people. They were more "hosts" than employees. They were eager to assist and at times went out of their way to get information for me; i.e. private Belly Dancing lessons. I loved that they checked back to make sure all places they referred me to met my expectations: food and or services. The beds were comfortable. The shared bathrooms were clean, and the water was HOT! :) The location was excellent. Two thumbs up!

• 9th Feb 2014

Great team!!!! nice and clean place to stay and wonderful staff of people working there!!!!

• 7th Feb 2014