Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

very good locations. walking distance to all important sights. friendly staff. nice breakfast. the room was a bit small for six though.

Friendly staff and good location - it is away from main Sultanahmet area so it is perfect if you want to avoid crowds of backpackers and noisy rooftop action. Is close to bazar area, ferries and Taksim is only a half hour walk away. Will stay there again.

Great location, friendly staff and general clean facilities. We stayed in a room on the fourth floor, which is not recommendable because of the heat and you need to climb four stairs. If you like to stay in a quiet area, it is adviseable to go somewhere else, at night you hear party music and they were doing reconstruction when we stayed there. Ahh, don't forget to spend time at the excellent roof terrace!

Staff is kind and friendly. Location is good and close to the main spots of the city. Security is excellent and the view from the rooftop is amazing.

Wonderful hostel, awesome staff, great rooms, close to Hodja Pasha Cultural Center and Eminonu Pier. Good times were had by all.

I felt like I was trapped in a Dave Matthews Band song while watching leagues of tiny ants go marching on and on near my bag in the mixed dormitory (no, I did not keep food in my bag, lulz). And as if the presence of ant militia was not enough, the ceiling of the shower was a shade of green. Lastly, the basement dormitory lacked any kind of deterrent to prevent someone from the street to walk in and steal the treasured ants. Despite this, the staff is great and the atmosphere was verysocial.

Second Home Hostel is located in the heart of the touristic Sultanahmet area, on a five minute walk to Topkapi, Blue Mosque and Haga Sophia. Rooms were clean, breakfast was okay, the staff was helpful and speaks English. Hostel is located at a somewhat noise street. If your prefer the night life and good restaurants over being close to touristic stuff, I would recomment to reside at the northern part of the golden horn in Beyoglu.

This hostel is awesome, we had an all-around great experience. 4 stories with rooftop patio. Hookahs offered at night. Walking distance from all main historic sites in Saltunahmet. Breakfast was traditional and great. Definitely recommend SecondHome Hostel in Istanbul

Good place to stay regarding the location and the include breakfast. Nevertheless we were at the first floor, which seems to be the toilet floor for the staff friends...

We were treated with respect and friendliness at all times. The staff's enthusiasm and concern for the guests' well being must aso be highlighted and the hostel had many facilities which made our stay easier. It was a very friendly environment particularly during breakfasts and at the organized bbq/s on the rooftop! I would definitely recommend this to anyone. Emily

• 22nd May 2013

They staff was very helpful and friendly, willing to do whatever was necessary to make sure my stay was an enjoyable one. Everything was very nice, thought out, and served the customers well If you are seeking a quiet atmosphere to get good sleep, this place is not for you. Although things did quiet down around 2am. But aside from that, it was my best hostel experience yet.

so let just say that after being so many different hostel so many different countries this is my favourite , they relaxation and kindness that shon and they colleagues give you is like be at a 2nd home ,i stay here for three days but extend it to nearly week ,the welcome tea and when they think you ready they give you advice what they believe is good to see also telling were to avoid tourist trap of restaurant, this give you a glimpse of Turkish kindness hospitality ,

verry good hostel, clean, near to the centrer of Istanbul, verry good staff!

How else can I say it? This place had a nice vibe. It had real people staying here, of all ages, not just the very young and party-prone. If you were hanging around the hostel at night, you got to join everyone for a friendly sit down (basic) meal at a big table, which was super nice: why don't more hostels do that? Great location if you're there for the main sites, and only a block away from Gulhane park (visit!). Breakfast was very skimpy compared to other hostels I stayed at in turkey.

I had a fantastic trip to Turkey and I do not doubt that this was largely due to my wonderful experience at Second Home. There is no way that I can thank the staff at Second Home enough for going above and beyond for all of their guests. To other travelers, if you stay at Second Home you will have the best experience and will count the days until you can go back. I will definitely be a repeat customer! Miss you guys!!!! ~C.S~

• 13th May 2013

Excellent - great staff, great location, couldn't fault it.

Had a great stay! Thank you to Memo and the rest of the staff for a wonderful trip. They were unbelievably accommodating and very knowledgeable about the city. No AC or fan in the room, so I imagine it could get a little hot in the summer months. Regardless, this is the place to stay if you are traveling to Istanbul.

very good experience, helpfully staff, everyone makes you feel like home! Close to the places of interest. Will definitely stay again if visit Istanbul! Will upload the pictures as soon as I can:) Lin & Tryfon

Location is excellent, just few minutes walk to to Topkapi, Yerebatan, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Galata bridge and Egyptian bazar :-) And Memo and other guys were very nice, friendly and helpful. Just smaller rooms and less space for clothing. Very good place to stay.

The hostel has a great location. The common room is maybe a small disapointment, it's not the place where you can really hang around. But after all we had a great stay in this hostel.