Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

This is really like my ''second home" in Turkey. Staffs who work here are all very nice, informative, helpful and easy to be around with. The lounge is like your living room where everyone in the family get togather and chat, smoke Shisya, eat, or just chill out. Great atmosphere, cleanness and some fun events will be served. I will defenitely come back!

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Japan

Great atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, convenient location at very centre. Fully recommended :)

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Poland

Great hostel and very friendly people there, felt like at home;)

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Poland

All-in-all a decent hostel - amazing staff, good beds, nice common areas, etc. However, our room was in the basement so didnt get any natural light (i think the rest of the rooms are above ground). I'm not sure this is necessarily a fun / party hostel but we were there in the winter when the roof terrace was closed.

Nice hostel, nice staff, nice location, good facilities and good wifi in a great city. Comfortable beds and a clean hostel. I would come again.

Best hostel is really the best hostel I have had. They really are a seconds home and staff is awesome. Totally recomended

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Colombia

For once I feel the need to share my experience. By far Second Home Hostel is my favorite home away from home. I have returned many times to Istanbul and tried many different places....but this one place always makes me feel at home and at peace. The staff here always exceed in customer service and set the bar for other hostels. I cannot thank them enough for making this a haven in the middle of a hectic world...job well done!!!!

• 24th Oct 2013

My son and I stayed at the hostel for three nights, and the first time I've stayed at a hostel for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised. Second Home has extraordinarily friendly staff and basic but clean accommodation, The communal area downstairs is particularly good

I traveled a lot and formerly ran a hostel. By far, one of the best hostels (and cities) I've ever stayed in. The staff is awesome; super helpful for anything you can need. The breakfast is great (fresh eggs)! Facilities are great. Wi-fi is available throughout (all rooms. all spaces). Party when you want, quiet when you don't. I was traveling for business but wanted to meet people. I couldn't have asked for anything more! Super close to all the sites you want to see! Very clean! Amazing!

This hostel is super good, clean and well located.The staff is really polite and helpful. The only thing I did not like was the tiny size of the 4 bedded room. The rest was more than fine.

Located in a area between the Galata Bridge area and Blue Mosque area, going to the various attractions in Istanbul is within a 5-10mins walk. Hostel is easy to find for first-time visitor after alighting from the Gulhane Tram Station (just 2-3 mins walk away). Friendly staff (His name is Memo) who greet us by our names on over arrival (Impressive!). Breakfast is provided, and if you crave for good food, the street next to it has lots of restaurants for you to choose from.

The atmosphere and setting was super cozy and inviting. However, the individual rooms don't look like the pictures show. They are not as cozy or nice.

• 2nd Oct 2013

It was great! Good service, very clean rooms and bathrooms, located in the perfect spot to visit the historic center and close to public transport, but above all ..great staff! friendly, never intrusive, warm, helpful and always available. I liked also the dinners together. I will remember these days, I felt very much at ease and welcome. I recommend it to everyone, and especially if you want something a bit different from the cold hotels.

• 30th Sep 2013

great place and nice and helpful staff, feels like Family =) rooms are clean and there is everything you Need, very Close to the blue mosque and Grand bazzar. I can highly recommend this hostel if you like to get to know new People!

I stayed here for over a week. I have been to many hostels, but this place was almost the best. There are so warm, funny staff. Can, Memo, Kelem.. Everyone was like a family. They helped me a lot>< Breakfast served until late hours also one of the best :) I did not see bugs during stay here.It was very important to me. There is very clean!!! The location is perfect!! and Night view of Istanbul from the roof looks best. if I go back to Istanbul, I will stay here. You will definitely like here:)

I only stayed at Second Home for one night. The accommodation served its purpose. The only down points were that I stayed in a 4 bedroom dorm and there was only 1 power point for the entire room which had to be kept for the fan as it was either too hot not to have the fan on and too noisy to have the window open. The computer for general use was also very slow and frustrating.

Great hostel with welcoming staff. Went to hostel and returned the week after just because it really was a second home. Everyday a staff member wouldn't hesitate to give you a more personal feel of the city offering to take you to the cheaper more traditional Turkish places. always something to do at night starting on the amazing roof top terrace and being taken to many of the close bars.

Pretty decent for a hostel and was please with the rooftop bar. Great Atmosphere!

• 7th Sep 2013
  • Singapore

This hostel was fantastic- I'd really recommend staying here. The staff was nice, the place was clean and well located, and you even get breakfast in the morning. It doesn't get much better than that.

Location was good if you want to be near sites like blue mosque and aya Sophia. Bit far from the night life, but I walked there and back everyday and night so can't complain. Hosts are fantastic, helpful, nice, caring. Beds comfy, rooms clean. Showers had hot water at all times.