Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

Memo and the team were helpful. Close to old city. We were upgraded to a private room at dorm prices.

We had an amazing time here, memo and can were very accommodating to all of our needs and even took us out for a fabulous night on the town. The hostel is in a fantastic location, close to all tourist sites and the metro. We loved it so much we came back a second time after traveling Greece.

• 13th Apr 2013

Great people and perfect location!!

The people were great and the location and price were unbeatable. They were even able to arrange to take me to the airport with short notice. My only problem was that it was so loud far into the night and I really needed sleep, that I wish I would have brought ear plugs. I would definitely come back though.

• 2nd Apr 2013

Best hostel in town! I had so much fun with the staff, they are all very friendly. The location is perfect, close to all the main historic buildings. The place is clean and the homemade food is delicious!

Thanks Memo and the rest. We thank u a lot for your hospitality and the free upgrade. We miss u guys....

This was my first time traveling alone and I could not have picked a better hostel. The staff is very helpful and welcoming and create an atmosphere easy for mingling. The only problem I can think of is that the map they provide is not good; so make sure to purchase your own!

• 22nd Mar 2013

Memo and Can (Jon) were very nice! I had a lot of fun at this hostel. They took us out to party and I really enjoyed ıt.

The hostel is really close to the metro line, which is really convenient. The hostel hosts dinners for 10TL every Friday, and its a great opportunity to socialize with the other people staying in the hostel, then every Friday and Saturday we headed out to a club together. Second Home Hostel had a great atmosphere and the staff was super helpful. The showers were pleasantly hot and the bathroom was clean.

Very nice place with amazing staff, highly recommended. The only disadvantage was a bit stinky lavatory but that's probably not uncommon.

• 17th Mar 2013
  • Czech Republic

Definitely a recommended Hostel. Had no issues while I was there, the staff was very friendly and the atmosphere is perfect for you to meet everyone else; they even set up a free dinner with everyone who was there one night, very cool! Location is also great, in 5 minutes you can walk to the historical part of Istanbul and within 1 minute you're near the Tram station. Would go back without looking for another place!

Good hostel, good location and friendly staff.

• 10th Mar 2013

The room was not very clean, the staff was awsome!

Brilliant hostel, great and helpful stuff, would come there again for sure!

• 15th Feb 2013
  • Croatia

the position is great, near everything you need to visit in the old city. it is very clean, the breakfast is good and the staff is very very wonderful. great price and ambience... Nedjer, the reception boy, is very kind and helpful for every information and request you need. It was a beautiful experience and I'll come back as soon as I can. Very recommended.

• 10th Feb 2013

I've stayed at a few different hostels on several trips to İstanbul but now İ think I'll stop shopping around. There's a lovely friendly atmosphere, the breakfast is included in the price, the location is great either for visiting or transport links and it's kept really clean. And if you get offered to join them for dinner don't turn it down - great value and really tastey. See you next time I'm in town :-)

Great location n super helpful staff. All the must sees are just around the corner.

Staff were nice and likable and well meaning but could not really recommend anything in the city. their maps were not very good. I slept in dorm room downstairs with little ventilation and no windows. very central though and easy to find in old town. Near all the sights and near supermarkets.

I did stay week at second home , second home location is very good and staff also kind I got good memory and perfect place to me

• 8th Feb 2013
  • South Korea

The hostel is run by a great gang of people, the rooms are clean and functional and the showers are as hot as you like with good pressure, what more can you ask for? The hostel is located within a stones throw of all the local attractions of the old city. One word of warning - bring earplugs! With the hostel being located so close to so many mosques, the call to pray can be a bit of a shock the first morning!