Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

I traveled a lot and formerly ran a hostel. By far, one of the best hostels (and cities) I've ever stayed in. The staff is awesome; super helpful for anything you can need. The breakfast is great (fresh eggs)! Facilities are great. Wi-fi is available throughout (all rooms. all spaces). Party when you want, quiet when you don't. I was traveling for business but wanted to meet people. I couldn't have asked for anything more! Super close to all the sites you want to see! Very clean! Amazing!

This hostel is super good, clean and well located.The staff is really polite and helpful. The only thing I did not like was the tiny size of the 4 bedded room. The rest was more than fine.

Located in a area between the Galata Bridge area and Blue Mosque area, going to the various attractions in Istanbul is within a 5-10mins walk. Hostel is easy to find for first-time visitor after alighting from the Gulhane Tram Station (just 2-3 mins walk away). Friendly staff (His name is Memo) who greet us by our names on over arrival (Impressive!). Breakfast is provided, and if you crave for good food, the street next to it has lots of restaurants for you to choose from.

The atmosphere and setting was super cozy and inviting. However, the individual rooms don't look like the pictures show. They are not as cozy or nice.

• 2nd Oct 2013

It was great! Good service, very clean rooms and bathrooms, located in the perfect spot to visit the historic center and close to public transport, but above all ..great staff! friendly, never intrusive, warm, helpful and always available. I liked also the dinners together. I will remember these days, I felt very much at ease and welcome. I recommend it to everyone, and especially if you want something a bit different from the cold hotels.

• 30th Sep 2013

great place and nice and helpful staff, feels like Family =) rooms are clean and there is everything you Need, very Close to the blue mosque and Grand bazzar. I can highly recommend this hostel if you like to get to know new People!

I stayed here for over a week. I have been to many hostels, but this place was almost the best. There are so warm, funny staff. Can, Memo, Kelem.. Everyone was like a family. They helped me a lot>< Breakfast served until late hours also one of the best :) I did not see bugs during stay here.It was very important to me. There is very clean!!! The location is perfect!! and Night view of Istanbul from the roof looks best. if I go back to Istanbul, I will stay here. You will definitely like here:)

I only stayed at Second Home for one night. The accommodation served its purpose. The only down points were that I stayed in a 4 bedroom dorm and there was only 1 power point for the entire room which had to be kept for the fan as it was either too hot not to have the fan on and too noisy to have the window open. The computer for general use was also very slow and frustrating.

Great hostel with welcoming staff. Went to hostel and returned the week after just because it really was a second home. Everyday a staff member wouldn't hesitate to give you a more personal feel of the city offering to take you to the cheaper more traditional Turkish places. always something to do at night starting on the amazing roof top terrace and being taken to many of the close bars.

Pretty decent for a hostel and was please with the rooftop bar. Great Atmosphere!

• 7th Sep 2013
  • Singapore

This hostel was fantastic- I'd really recommend staying here. The staff was nice, the place was clean and well located, and you even get breakfast in the morning. It doesn't get much better than that.

Location was good if you want to be near sites like blue mosque and aya Sophia. Bit far from the night life, but I walked there and back everyday and night so can't complain. Hosts are fantastic, helpful, nice, caring. Beds comfy, rooms clean. Showers had hot water at all times.

Great hostel and very well located! it takes you about 10 minutes to get to other attractions.

• 31st Aug 2013

Everything was very nice and the breakfasts included a hard boiled egg. They invited us to join them for dinner when we 1st arrived and it was delicious. I can't think of anything that was a problem and we enjoyed their rooftop terrace which is shaded from the sun.

Hello! This is the best hostel ever! If you are planning your trip to Istanbul and checking this hostel, you must stop searching and go to the Second Home Hostel immediately! I'm definitely coming back! I would've never enjoyed my trip that much if I stayed somewhere else! Good luck everyone!

• 23rd Aug 2013
  • Russia

Pretty good location and great friendly and helpful staff

The Location is good: near to the Topkapi Sarayi etc., tram, buses and ferries. The Price was too high for this oppressive room. Staff was very polite, helpful and friendly even if they were concerned about making extra money by offering us help with services.

• 8th Aug 2013

The staff were really great here. Trustworthy and friendly and helpful. The only downfall was the first night we only had one PowerPoint which the fan was plugged into and the shower was open for anyone to walk into with two showers in the one bathroom. We had no safe or lockers either. Otherwise excellent! Would recommend and stay again.

Second Home Hostel is a great stay in the old part of Istanbul. It is a short walk (10 mins or less) to most of the sites you set out for in Old Town. It is located near lots of restaurants. The rooms are on the smaller side but clean and well equipped, and the rooftop terrace is really fantastic. But more than anything, the staff here go out of their way to make your stay incredible. Everybody there is an exceptional host and very friendly. They even cooked us an amazing dinner one night!

Friendly staff, very handy location, the room was clean

• 2nd Aug 2013