Second Home Hostel Reviews

Hocapasa Mahallesi Ebussuud Caddesi No : 19 Sirkec, Istanbul, Turkey

Personal muy simpático y amable. El ambiente es muy agradable. Localización perfecta, entre Hagia Sophia y el Gran Bazar, y se puede llegar a Taskim dando un paseo. Está un poco descuidado, no es apto para sibaritas, pero en general la limpieza es bastante buena. Admiten euros, y hacen un cambio mejor que el que me hicieron en España, así que podéis ir con euros y cambiar en Estambul sin problema.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Good; clean, location is excellent, good breakfast. Disappointing; loud music from the bar we heard even on second floor. We asked about it but other guests (?) wanted the music this loud. I asked information about the publci bus and boat, but felt uncomfortable when the guy tried to sell me a 30 euro boat-trip (public boat 10 lira). We stayed 5 nights, and could not receive any discount because we booked on hostelworld. 36 euro per night for a room of 6m2 with shared bathroom is overpriced!!

The hostel is right in front of Sirkeci Marmara metro station, very central in Sultan Ahmet, 200m from Gökhane tram station. Accomodation is ok, the special thing is the treatment of the guests. A place where literally everybody meets everybody.

Fantastic place, the staff are great at helping with whatever needs you have. Plenty of fun to hang out with as well.

Very nice people... I felt like I am among my friends.. watch movie every night in English.. Location is best... easily reachable to every famous palce by walk. If I had any question, the staff is always there to help.. breakfast is simple but very nice and healthy.. love the coffee made by Kaan (staff member) .. meet other people from different culture and countries.. hanging out and smoking sheesha with new people I dont even remember the names..

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Pakistan

Had a great experience at this hostel! Perfect location, walking distance to all the main attractions. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Had a great time at the traditional Turkish dinner on Friday nights and so much fun dancing in Taksim! Room was clean and warm. Showers hot and great water pressure. Really nice stay.

It truly feels like a second home! If I ever go back to Istanbul, I will definitely stay there again. The breakfast consisted of bread, apple tea (delicious), cereal with milk, cookies, tomato and some black olives with spices (very good). The hostel is very close to everything. We pretty much walked everywhere.

Staying in more than 4o Hostels in my life, The Monk's was one of the best! Great staff, i felt like my home

One of the best hostels I've ever been!! Very friendly and helpful staff (especially Kristel :)), breakfast is good, location is more than perfect, bathrooms and rooms are clean. You can get free tee or coffee anytime you want and wifi connection is great.-It doesn't get much better than that... I would come again. :)

• 24th Feb 2014
  • Slovenia

I really enjoyed my stay here the location is brilliant walking distance to everything. Only issue was toilets and showers were occasionally out of order

Great location, right in the centre of the old town and close to the tram/ferry/railway. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and the hostel had a great, communal atmosphere. Lockers in room are small and require your own padlock. The dorm I was in only had a communal key that should have been left in reception - no one told me of this however. It felt safe but not as secure as I'd have liked. Overall though, great hostel, good breakfast and good value for money!

Recommended hostel. Perfect location. Wonderful staff who really make friends with guests. Weekly group meals at a great price helped to break the ice. Excellent full service kitchen and common area. Great pric during the low season (but expensive in the high season. I left the day before the price changed). The only downside was that the "locker" was only a tiny drawer with a latch too small for my padlock. Plus no lock on the front door meant ANYONE could have messed with my things.

We enjoyed the stay in Istanbul and we had a great time at second home hostel! Thank you for the best apple tea ever! :)

• 21st Feb 2014

Good place to stay ! The staff is really nice and welcoming. Great location.

Nice people, good breakfast, rooms are fine, amazing location.

The place was well staffed with genuinely friendly and helpful people. They were more "hosts" than employees. They were eager to assist and at times went out of their way to get information for me; i.e. private Belly Dancing lessons. I loved that they checked back to make sure all places they referred me to met my expectations: food and or services. The beds were comfortable. The shared bathrooms were clean, and the water was HOT! :) The location was excellent. Two thumbs up!

• 9th Feb 2014

Great team!!!! nice and clean place to stay and wonderful staff of people working there!!!!

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Costa Rica

Il migliore ostello in cui io sia mai stata. Una vera seconda casa per chi vuole vivere davvero Istanbul! Assolutamente consigliato!!

• 7th Feb 2014

el hostel es buenísimo! y los chicos que trabajan allí realmente nos hicieron sentir como en nuestro segundo hogar :)

The hostel offers a unbeatable value for your money. Of course if you expect a luxurious hostel stay you are wrong here. The staff is trying very hard to give you a good stay. They offer from then in a while a little dinner for all hostel guests which is very cheap and we went together to the city. Within the "lobby" it is easy to get in contact with other hostel guests. In sum a very good and affordable stay! Definitely recommendable.