9.5
Superb 92 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 92 Total Reviews
Secret Buddha Gastro Retreat Located at Calle 94B Sur No 51-121, Inmaculada 2, La Estrella, Medellin.
Colombia
Medellin Antioquia Calle 94B Sur No 51-121, Inmaculada 2,, La Estrella
95% 92
6.1386026 -75.6348931
    Rooms available

• Germany, Male, 18-24
2nd Apr 2016

Great Staff, always ready to help you if you're in need!!

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
23rd Mar 2016

This hostel was great value for money. It felt really safe and the staff/owner were very friendly and helpful. The owner also offered us a personal guided tour of Guatape (very insightful). I would definitely recommend this place to anyone traveling to Medellin or wanting a place in a relaxing atmosphere outside the city center.

• England, Male, 25-30
16th Feb 2016

We had an amazing time here! It was myself and 4 other friends. We arrived in at around 4pm with little organised, but lots of things we wanted to do. Mariano the owner was at the property. He is such an awesome guy. In the first evening we arrived he organised us Horse back riding, took us out Salsa dancing and also called his contacts from Avianca to find my friends passport which he had left on the plane. If you get the chance to come to Medellin. Come to the Secret Buddha!

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
8th Feb 2016

We had some Excellent relaxed days in a awesome place.

• jkekarlsson7208
  • Sweden, Male, 31-40
31st Jan 2016

Really an amazin place! You pay for a hostel but you get a jungle lodge. Lovely people working there! Only speaks spanish though. Really recommend the place if you want some beauty and tranquility while still being close to Medellin!

11th Jan 2016
6.9

This should not be categorized as a hostel it is more of a guest house. While nice, clean and quiet for me if was not what I expected or needed. The house was way way way far away from anything and the owner nor staff told me much about the area or specifics on how to get around, other than take a bus. Not ideal for solo traveler looking to make friends. I decided to use it as a time to work, but the owner kept interrupting me. He also was very inappropriate and made me seriously uncomfortable.

I am sorry you did not read the caps on the headliner, "Secret Buddha Gastro Retreat". I do not pretend to be a hostel although I have a dorm I am a retreat as close as you can get to the city while still being surrounded by nature, our location as well as our header is crystal clear in the content, I don't know who interrupted you me or one of my staff but I am sure it was only to provide you a service, if you are a solo traveler who is wanting to make friends why would you be so bothered to be interrupted. Next time you book a hostel read first ..... Thank you

3rd Jan 2016
7.1

The Secret Buddha is accurate to the description provided. It is outside of the city, quiet, set in the midst of a lovely garden. The kitchen is fantastic and the common spaces are nice. The housekeeper knows no English but is extremely pleasant and will try to help. If you get breakfast it is ok but nothing special. Mariano the host is a mix: extremely social and ready to help he is knowledgable about the city. At times though he acts as if you came to the location because of him.

Thank you for your valuable review. We always keep one person at site whether it be the owner or a manager or a volunteer who speaks English. Our housekeeper is working on learning some basics so we can improve. You are right a lot of clients do come looking for our owner Chef at the Secret precisely for his cooking since he is a travelling cook and meets a lot of travelers cooking in other hostels. In terms of our breakfast I don't know what you had but it is always granola with milk yoghurt and fruit or eggs with veggies and arepa way above the national standard. hope you come back sometime to try it

30th Dec 2015

Very cool property out in the forest a bit. Owners are incredibly welcoming and knowledgeable about the city, even willing to give you a drive to the city sometimes. Buses run very often and its 10 minutes to metrostation. Coffee and breakfast was very good. Would definitely reccommend this hostal/bed & breakfast to anyone looking to escape from the city for a few nights.

29th Dec 2015

The Secret Buddha is a magic place, they are not in the heart in the city however a 20 min bus ride will take you down town, it is worth the ride with the architecture, the nature, the service of dona cddci and mariano. It is like being home, not to mention the incredible personalized cuisine, fresh herbs from the garden and bird songs in the morning. An amazing experience all round worth every penny and more.