Selknam Hostel Reviews

Sazie n� 1885, Santiago, Chile

Very much house turned Hostel that doesn't really have an atmosphere. My single room looked out to a horrible yard where the washing machine was. The window didnt lock & my room door was locked using a small padlock from the outside. The bathrooms need a bit of a deep clean. Bath had rust. The oven didnt work & the extractor is so low & dangerous that you can easily bang and cut your head. For some reason they insist you can't cook fish or seafood to their set of rules.

Breakfast approximate and staff and owner indolent and disinterested to the good service in respect of the guests! Kitchen very well equipped and wi fi discreet. The location is well- distant from the sites of interest, even if 15 minutes of brisk walk lead in the heart of the city. Spending less you can find better solutions, but the structure is very pretty, the beds are comfortable and there are security lockers in every room...

Staff very nice, you feel as your home

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Chile

Staying was not bad. I liked people there, very helpful stuff; location is a bit out of city centre but close enough what I really like. I needed a bit time for myself and for this reason I was surprised positively, how peaceful it was. It is a pleasant budget place to stay if you are busy during the days.

This is a pretty average/basic hostel but it is adequate for those of us on a tight budget. The rooms are basic but clean and the showers are hot. There is a kitchen to cook some basic meals. It is a bit further from the centre of town than I'd like but it is only 5 minutes walk from the metro which will take you into town in about 10 minutes. There are lockers but I thought they were a bit insecure. The staff are helpful and cooked a communal dinner for the guests one night which was very kind!