Sen Guesthouse Reviews

4-14, Dogotakocho, Matsuyama city, Ehime, Matsuyama Dogo Spa, Japan

This is a nice place to stay. The staff are really helpful here and I loved the itinerary as well as the map they gave out. It actually had good places to visit and eat (a lot of other hostels give you names of the nearest udon / ramen / sento etc, but it doesn't always mean that those places are worth the visit). The restaurants that they recommended though were very good.

My boyfriend and I - both students from Germany - age 25 - had an extraordinary stay at Sen Guesthouse. Securitiy, location,cleanliness, facilities > all good > see points I gave for that! Highlights!! 1. Nori and Matt (=owners) > good english! great advise (e.g. where to get good AND cheap bikes to hire, closest AND best bakery (ASK FOR THAT!!!!) restaurants, and a lot more! 2. roof top terrace! 3. private japanese bath at the house - (500Y for 45 min > nice for couples after a long day !!)

Sen was my favourite accommodation during a one month trip to Japan. Matthew and Noriko are so lovely and the environment is exceptional. Clearly a lot of thought and care went into the decoration and design of the guesthouse. It has all amenities as well as a great location on a quaint Japanese laneway. Sen felt like home and I was loathe to leave. Besides being fonts of knowledge on the Shikoku Henro, M & N have great taste in music and good recommendations for nearly any inquiry.

Lovely hostel, very clean and great location for everything in dogo. We really enjoyed our stay and the staff were very friendly and helpful, recommended us a cool bar to go see. Would definitely stay here again.

The owners were really friendly and gave me some amazing suggestions of things to do :) Dogo onsen and Matsuyama really nice areas for relaxing and exploring!

View all Matsuyama Dogo Spa Hostels