Seneca Hostel Reviews

Calle Conde y Luque, nº 7, Cordoba, Spain

Basic room and a hostel with a nice atmosphere, directly in the city centre. Our room had no air conditioning - depending on the time of travel that can be an issue.

From the moment I stepped into the leafy indoor courtyard and was giving a map, advice on the hotel and area, and a welcoming smile at reception, I had such a fantastic holiday. It was just a wonderful place to be - everyone seemed friendly, the décor seemed eclectic yet authentic and tasteful, and it couldn't have been closer to Córdoba's most iconic attractions. And they were so helpful when I left behind a large sum of money in the room! Couldn't have wished for better.

• 18th Aug 2015

This hostel is a fine place to stay for just one night, but I wouldn't recommend it if you are spending more then one or two nights in Cordoba. My biggest complaint is that we had an early train to catch, and weren't made aware until the morning when we wanted to leave that reception wouldn't be open until 8:30am. When 8:45 hit and there was no sign of a receptionist we were forced to leave the key with a note and have another guest lock the main door behind us and run to catch our train.

Disculpe por las molestias, seguramente no le informamos con claridad de que usted puede marcharse y dejar las llaves en el buzon de la puerta principal cuando la cierra, hay carteles informativos de ello.

The hostel staff was very welcoming! The patio was beautiful and really made me feel like I was experiencing Andalusia! The only negative part of the experience was that there was no air conditioning and when it's 41 degrees it's a bit uncomfortable, but they room did come with a fan.

Hostel is clean, and location is good. But cordoba is very very hot and rooms dont have air conditioner. There are fans and they work very noisy.

Very quiet hostel. No lockers wasn't ideal. But very good location, clean and tidy. Cheap, but once you add in the extra for sheets and towels it's the same price as the rest...

Very well located, near all tourist attractions. The bad part was that I was bit by a bed bug and I saw some blood marks at the sheet. I asked for changing room, the lady did it and it was only that bite.The hostel is clean, I just don't know what happened at that room, because I didn't have any problems later. I could have brought the bed bug, but it wasn't me, as in other places I stayed I didn't have any bug bites. Maybe reinforce the sheets cleaning. Overall, the hostel is fantastic!

Gracias por su valoración, solo queríamos resaltar que no hemos tenido ninguna chinche ni antes ni después de su llegada, sólo la que usted nos dijo, es extraño... A pesar de todo tenemos revisiones periodicas y reforzamos la limpieza aun más para evitar problemas.

Great location with not so great community and staff

Perfect location, large room, very clean.

It was nice that there was a restaurant down stairs, however, this was not our ideal place. For how much it cost, it was not what we were looking for. They market themselves as being in the Jewish quarter of Cordoba, but this is clearly not a selling point once you arrive as they recommend against going to the local synagog. The night security was questionable: late at night when we were talking, we heard the footsteps pause outside of our door and listen to our late night conversations.

We really enjoyed staying in this hostel. It has great Andalusian atmosphere :) We had 4 Bed Mixed Dorm with shared bathroom. Everything was clean, staff was friendly. So this is definitely right place to stay in Cordoba.

• 24th May 2015
  • SonaOlsova
  • Slovakia

The roof terrace was locked even though it was supposed to be open from 9:30 to 21:30. It was very loud in the room because of the people talking and shouting in the street - some noise insulation may be useful.

Very nice place to stay!

Staff always looked unhappy, never smiled. They helped us happily when we asked them things. The other guests didn't even say hello. Wifi pretty much didn't work. Wouldn't stay here again

This hostel is beautiful and just a 2min walk from the Mezquita. The staff helped us out when we could not figure out their transport. The wifi could do with some boosters so that it is easily picked up everywhere.

The hostel Seneca is the nicest, cleanest, coolest, in an extremely classy way , hostel. It's almost a boutique hotel, but with dorm rooms. Staff/owner are all teriffic and the rooftop terrace is spectacular - 100 meters from El Mezquita/El Alcazar de Cordoba. I'd live there if I could.

View all Cordoba Bed and Breakfasts