Seneca Hostel Reviews

Calle Conde y Luque, nº 7, Cordoba, Spain

Very nice place to stay!

Staff always looked unhappy, never smiled. They helped us happily when we asked them things. The other guests didn't even say hello. Wifi pretty much didn't work. Wouldn't stay here again

The hostel Seneca is the nicest, cleanest, coolest, in an extremely classy way , hostel. It's almost a boutique hotel, but with dorm rooms. Staff/owner are all teriffic and the rooftop terrace is spectacular - 100 meters from El Mezquita/El Alcazar de Cordoba. I'd live there if I could.

It is in 3 - minute walking distance from great Mezquita. The house is traditional Arabian building. And it has terace and small bar inside. No kitchen. It is somewhat far and hard to find from train station. ( you had better take a taxi from train station. )

Cute little hostel with a great location, (we walked everywhere). Stayed at the end of February and, though the weather was warm, the hostel was freezing! Plus there is only a wool blanket so we were cold during the night.

We enjoyed our stay in the hostel. The rooms are small, but nice and tidy, the only thing is that windows look at the corridor. The patio has a very good atmosphere with all the plants an ceramics as has the roof garden which is very cool as well. Staff is friendly and very helpful. The whole place has a real andalusian atmosphere. If you would come by car think twice! It is almost impossible to find the hostel, streets are very narrow and parking is half an hour away, and you have to pay.

Location is perfect, the atmosphere of hostel is quite authentic but i dont recommend to stay here in winter. Rooms were old but ok, the problem was about heater. It was really old and made our throats extremely dry, even we couldnt turn it on at night. It could be nice place in spring or summer not in winter.

The hostal is well located but it is not the best one to meet people when you travel alone.. The staff is good... Individual room are too small... The security is quiet poor...

Very quaint hostel with lovely patio.

excellent! good acclimatization, nice rooftop terras.

The room is too small for a single but it was ok for 2 nights

Nice hostel; great location. No safety lockers in the rooms, which was alright, but it might concern others. The bathroom was kept very clean, however the bedrooms were average. No airconditioning, sparse bedding, and noise made for a not-too-comfortable sleep, but the staff were very kind, the patio, terrace, and wifi were great. All up, an average stay at an affordable backpackers.

excpetionally nice and helpful stuff. very nice atmosphere, super close to the major sights

-one member of staff was great and marked out my map told me about good places to eat and average prices and things but other people there didn´t get such in depth info but all staff were lovely -beautiful courtyard and nicely tucked away so it was quiet -clean and good beds and you can rent padlocks for the lockers

It was wonderful place to stay. Staffs were really nice to us, and the food was good too.

• 30th May 2014
  • South Korea

Place is converted from a big house. One bathroom shared for whole floor. It's nice place to stay for a night but filled with lots of old people Location is good

Not enough bathrooms in this hostel. Only seems to be one person on staff. Nice patio.

I don't know about this hostel because I didn't stay here!! I was up in my status that my boooking officially in hostelworld.com has been cancelled. So I provided my new stay at other place. But soon later I got charged!!! Don't know what's wrong about hostelworld.com or the hostel itself.

Hello, I wanted to give you an answer about why we charged you the night of the 16/05/14. Your reservation for the 16/05/14 was still active so as our cancellation policy says: every booking concidered to be a "no show" or cancelled after the 48h notice required will be charged the full amount. I think the problem came from WRI as our booking system is directly linked to them and no cancellation alert came to us. Please accept our apologies for the disturbance this might have caused you

I really enjoyed my night here. The location was perfect and the hostel was beautiful.

This is a charming place to stay and the staff were extremely friendly, helpful and hardworking. The location is ideal for visiting the city and was very well placed for the patio flowers tours. I am not used to sharing a bathroom but the facilities were frequently and thoroughly cleaned by the staff. I will visit again if in Cordoba.

• 9th May 2014