Seneca Hostel Reviews

Calle Conde y Luque, nº 7, Cordoba, Spain

This hostel is a fine place to stay for just one night, but I wouldn't recommend it if you are spending more then one or two nights in Cordoba. My biggest complaint is that we had an early train to catch, and weren't made aware until the morning when we wanted to leave that reception wouldn't be open until 8:30am. When 8:45 hit and there was no sign of a receptionist we were forced to leave the key with a note and have another guest lock the main door behind us and run to catch our train.

Disculpe por las molestias, seguramente no le informamos con claridad de que usted puede marcharse y dejar las llaves en el buzon de la puerta principal cuando la cierra, hay carteles informativos de ello.

Hostel is clean, and location is good. But cordoba is very very hot and rooms dont have air conditioner. There are fans and they work very noisy.

Very well located, near all tourist attractions. The bad part was that I was bit by a bed bug and I saw some blood marks at the sheet. I asked for changing room, the lady did it and it was only that bite.The hostel is clean, I just don't know what happened at that room, because I didn't have any problems later. I could have brought the bed bug, but it wasn't me, as in other places I stayed I didn't have any bug bites. Maybe reinforce the sheets cleaning. Overall, the hostel is fantastic!

Gracias por su valoración, solo queríamos resaltar que no hemos tenido ninguna chinche ni antes ni después de su llegada, sólo la que usted nos dijo, es extraño... A pesar de todo tenemos revisiones periodicas y reforzamos la limpieza aun más para evitar problemas.

Great location with not so great community and staff

Perfect location, large room, very clean.

It was nice that there was a restaurant down stairs, however, this was not our ideal place. For how much it cost, it was not what we were looking for. They market themselves as being in the Jewish quarter of Cordoba, but this is clearly not a selling point once you arrive as they recommend against going to the local synagog. The night security was questionable: late at night when we were talking, we heard the footsteps pause outside of our door and listen to our late night conversations.

We really enjoyed staying in this hostel. It has great Andalusian atmosphere :) We had 4 Bed Mixed Dorm with shared bathroom. Everything was clean, staff was friendly. So this is definitely right place to stay in Cordoba.

• 24th May 2015
  • SonaOlsova
  • Slovakia

The roof terrace was locked even though it was supposed to be open from 9:30 to 21:30. It was very loud in the room because of the people talking and shouting in the street - some noise insulation may be useful.

Very nice place to stay!

Staff always looked unhappy, never smiled. They helped us happily when we asked them things. The other guests didn't even say hello. Wifi pretty much didn't work. Wouldn't stay here again

This hostel is beautiful and just a 2min walk from the Mezquita. The staff helped us out when we could not figure out their transport. The wifi could do with some boosters so that it is easily picked up everywhere.

The hostel Seneca is the nicest, cleanest, coolest, in an extremely classy way , hostel. It's almost a boutique hotel, but with dorm rooms. Staff/owner are all teriffic and the rooftop terrace is spectacular - 100 meters from El Mezquita/El Alcazar de Cordoba. I'd live there if I could.

It is in 3 - minute walking distance from great Mezquita. The house is traditional Arabian building. And it has terace and small bar inside. No kitchen. It is somewhat far and hard to find from train station. ( you had better take a taxi from train station. )

Cute little hostel with a great location, (we walked everywhere). Stayed at the end of February and, though the weather was warm, the hostel was freezing! Plus there is only a wool blanket so we were cold during the night.

We enjoyed our stay in the hostel. The rooms are small, but nice and tidy, the only thing is that windows look at the corridor. The patio has a very good atmosphere with all the plants an ceramics as has the roof garden which is very cool as well. Staff is friendly and very helpful. The whole place has a real andalusian atmosphere. If you would come by car think twice! It is almost impossible to find the hostel, streets are very narrow and parking is half an hour away, and you have to pay.

Location is perfect, the atmosphere of hostel is quite authentic but i dont recommend to stay here in winter. Rooms were old but ok, the problem was about heater. It was really old and made our throats extremely dry, even we couldnt turn it on at night. It could be nice place in spring or summer not in winter.

The hostal is well located but it is not the best one to meet people when you travel alone.. The staff is good... Individual room are too small... The security is quiet poor...

Very quaint hostel with lovely patio.

excellent! good acclimatization, nice rooftop terras.

The room is too small for a single but it was ok for 2 nights