Sentrum Hostel Reviews

Tollbugata 8, Oslo, Norway

Great location. Had a creepy feel inside as well as a smell. Fine for a stop over in Oslo but I wouldnt have wanted to stay there longer than two sleeps.

Be careful before you book this hotel because there are '' bed bugs '' in the room. I stayed 3 nights and I have got 40 bits. It is a nightmare!!!!! Absolutely, they dont solve the problem.

Staff were only available from 10am to midnight, and considering my flight came in at 2:30am, made it very difficult. There were absolutely no common areas, so meeting people was next to impossible. Place was run down, and we even found a homeless guy sleeping in the stairwell. It was a very poor experience, and I would not stay here again.

Nice and helpful owner. Ideal location for citytrip in Oslo. Free linnen and towels. Enjoyed my stay very much!!

The location is great, the bedrooms and communal areas are very nice, and everything seems clean. However, this hostel has a BEDBUG infestation, so before booking, enquire as to whether they have fixed it.

• 11th Jul 2014

The hostel had a good location and otherwise the facilities were fairly good for at least one nights stay. As far there have been no signs of the dreaded bed bugs that are one thing that this hostel is known for and what I feared for before the trip. Having less than 10 lockers for the whole hostel (the lockers outside the room on floor 4) is NOT enough-> that affected the "security" part of the feedback. Good thing to know for other travellers is also that there are people living in the hostel.

It's a pension hotel with an excellent closeness to the stations and center of Oslo without much hassle to get around. Not a typical place for travelers and backpackers but once you get used to it or adopt their practices such as opening hours of receptions, showers etc.. you will be fine

This hostel had all of the essentials however the atmosphere was very cold. The common room area is really dull and does not provide a good environment for interaction amongst other people staying. Everyone is locked in their own rooms and the staff were not very facilitating either.

This is probably the dirtiest hostel I have ever stayed in. There were very few bathrooms per floor (two on mine, one of which didn't have a sink) and only one shower on the floor. We arrived very late at night and entered the room to find no towels. The front desk person put up a sign indicating he would be back soon and after 15-20 min, I discovered he had actually been there the whole time. He did give me towels at that point. Several times there was also no toilet paper in the bathroom.

• 15th Jun 2014

The hostel is really well located. I was only passing through Oslo, but still had time to wander round the Opera House and the central district in the evening. There was free parking outside the hostel overnight too.

• 8th Jun 2014

Excelletn location, but you must know that migth not be a hostel to make friends. It is also a pensioner, so old (and weird) people live there. The stuff was really good. The kitchen was Ok. If you go with friends you can rent a private dorm for you all (that was what we did), have breakfast dinner and go to seigthsee Oslo.

Two big issues: 1. No air conditioning, Oslo gets hot in the summer (25C) and the rooms have almost no airflow. 2. BED BUGS. I received over 50 bites, it was awful! A previous reviewer had said that the hostel was now cleaned up from this problem, but that's clearly not the case.

There is not elevator and with the suitcases is hard to go up. but is a really good place according with the prize

• 26th May 2014
  • Spain

Well, staff was helpful, but nighmarish experience. I was checking late at night. I coudn't find the room. Receptionist took me there, explaining on the way that usually they don't use that room, but they are full now (so why they book?). I was shown a pithole without windows, outside the main building, stinking like a dump with floor cluttered with dirty clothes and food leftovers. Fortunately I was given my money back and guy called other hostel to accomodate me. Creepy place, shady people.

1. The corridors, etc. smelt like homeless people who can't clean themselves and their clothes. 2. I got flees (for the first time in my life) 3. I always stay at basic, low budget hostels all over Europe. Never have I paid so much for such low quality. Norway is a rich country and should be ashamed of itself for not being able to offer visitors the minimum of a clean and hygienic sleepover.

The location is great considering the cost of lodging in Oslo, just minutes from the bus and train station, and the bathrooms are very nice. It,s nice, too, not to have bunkbeds, at least in the 4-bed room I was in, but lockers would provide added security to the locked entrance door. It's definitely not a fun hostal for meeting others, though, unless you like hanging out with drunken old men in the common room, as it seems to be more working poor than travelers, although it's kept quite clean.

As interesting as the stay was with meeting all sorts of people,my lasting impression will be bedbugs!! I have itchy big bites all over my body and there is no doubt I caught that at the hostel so big warning,get rid of the bugs!

• 6th May 2014
  • Sweden

Even hairdryers in the shower room.

Pros: PERFECT location. Nice staff. Cheap hostel for Oslo. Cons: Terrible hostel environment. The kitchen is awkward and not cozy. There's no common room. BAD internet.

A homeless shelter maskerading as a hostel! There are weird people everywhere, mostly over 50s, definitely not a youth hostel. The atmosphere is very poor, given you're mostly surrounded by homeless, drunk people. Not even the lockers are safe, given the manager broke my pad while we were away to "check what it contained, because locked by too long" (3days...). If you can, just go somewhere better, I wouldn't recommend staying there!