Sentrum Hostel Reviews

Tollbugata 8, Oslo, Norway

Conveniently located close to the railway station but also next door to a night-club with a thumping noise until 3.30 AM and a busy tramline outside the window. Not good. Helpful people at the reception, good. Hygienic facilities poor with only two tiny toilets on my floor for ten rooms with several beds each. General impression is of a run-down, worn facility but then again - what do you expect in central Oslo, one of the most expensive cities in the world, for the price asked?

The beds and showers were nice but the hostel was pretty far away from the sights and was in a slightly sketchy location. The building didn't really make me feel safe

• 26th Sep 2015

Very Cheap in comparison to other options, staff was friendly and it has a perfect location!!

A very adequate but not fun or exciting place to stay.

Great hostel for the money. Excellent location, pretty clean, very nice staff. It was a quick 5 min walk from the train station so it's ideal for travelers who don't have a car.

++Great location! About 400m away from the train station! ++Fridge in the room! ++Towels for free! +Wi-fi was OK. +Free table-football and pool! -Dining room only has one table. One night we had to eat standing up because a group was drinking there and wouldn't go somewhere else. - There were people sleeping in some hallways, in mattresses; most likely from outside the hotel. - No staff before 10 and dining room closed until 8:30. - The window wouldn't close. It wasn't a problem, though

No place to hang out but the location was fine and I had great people in my room luckily. They could update the bathrooms.

So, it's a very typical 'you get what you have paid for' case. I've stayed there for 3 nights and wouldn't recommend anyone attempting any more than that. The staff were friendly (at least 2 out of 3), it's reasonably clean and very central. However. It's located in a very doggy area. And I mean working-girls on the the corner and passed-out-junkies-in the-day-time doggy. The atmosphere in the hostel is somewhat terrifying, with really questionable people circling around.

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Lithuania

. building is pretty old there is no lift so you have to carey luggage up one large set of stairs to reception (at least!) could use fixing eg stair floor boards coming off. kitchen and lounge room is good with some activities. but not much atmospher and a lot of older people stay there. i was a solo female with 4 older men in my room. staff could have placed me better. location is excellent. rooms have lots of powerpoints and a fridge :) signage isn't very good for bathrooms/showers

The staff was not nice neither helpful with simple requests The room was not very clean and the showers were not clean at all The room was originally planned for 4 beds and you can tell that due to having only 4 lockers but they still put in a 5 th bed making it very uncomfortable It's very inconvenient to be on the second floor and to have to go to the 4th floor because it's the only floor that has 4 showers

There was a ling curly black hair in the bed linen provided to me. Only one toilet and two showers on my floor - in both showers you had to hold the shower head as the hook was broken. No wardrobe or shelf in private room, no pictures or even cheap poster on totally bare walls. Reception staff leave at 12 so you are left to your own devices - loud party in common room meant I got zero sleep. Staff were very unhelpful and smart with me when I had difficulty with the drinks machine on property.

• 8th Sep 2015

One of the showers didnt have any cold water, so it was spraying out boiling hot water and I had to move to another one mid shower. There were no ledges/stools to put any of your stuff while showering. My room experience might have been better if I wasn't bunked with 2 very odd people. One girl "lost" her key but was LIVING at the hostel and she came banging on the door for us to let her in at 9:30pm, 2:30am, and 4:30am. I would not stay at this hostel again even though the location was perfect.

Mould-infested fridge in our room

Not a great hostel, but well located (5 minutes walk to the central station) and clean. The noise from the works at the adjacent street started quite soon in the morning, making it difficult to sleep. The facilities are ok, having a kitchen is great in such an expensive city. Nice atmosphere at night.

Good for what I needed. Fine for a one night stay but wouldn't recommend for people staying longer. Difficult to socialise here.

the receptionist was rude and kept changing our room all time. One day when I arrived all my stuff was in the reception and she told me that she had changed my room.

• 22nd Aug 2015

It was an ok hostel nothing special about it.

I had a nice stay at this hostel. It was very close to the central train station which was a plus. It was easy to get to the main attractions from here. All in all, the amenities were okay, however there is no real common room or area to socialize that has a large capacity. If I ever came to Oslo again, I would consider staying here again.

1st impression of the place: it was really dingy... The rooms, bathrooms, and kitchen were quite old.. One of the shower heads had lost it's handle so you had to hold it with one hand as you scrubbed yourself with the other.. It also seems to fall between an immigration house and a youth hostel- most of the women in my room were over 30... But ultimately, I came to find the place quite charming as I realized that the staff were really sweet and so were the once strange strangers! Great value too

Nothing special it's Norway so nothing is cheap. The room wasn't made up but whatever

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5