Sentrum Hostel Reviews

Tollbugata 8, Oslo, Norway

Good for what I needed. Fine for a one night stay but wouldn't recommend for people staying longer. Difficult to socialise here.

the receptionist was rude and kept changing our room all time. One day when I arrived all my stuff was in the reception and she told me that she had changed my room.

• 22nd Aug 2015

It was an ok hostel nothing special about it.

Nothing special it's Norway so nothing is cheap. The room wasn't made up but whatever

Cheap for Norway, with good facilities. But the reception hours are slightly poor - 11am until 5pm I think it was? The precise times that I'm never in the hostel anyway! No real atmosphere to speak of when I was there either.

Value for money - this hostel is the cheapest opportunity to stay in city center and be able to reach most of attractions by walking. Comparing to the other hostels this one doesn't have good possibilities to meet other travelers.

The hostel is really central. As we stayed in the 4th floor towards the main road, it was quite busy/loud in the morning. Lockers in the room, but you need to bring your own lock. Beds where ok and you got linen and towels included. The kitchen and common room was quite nice and well equipped for our 1-night stay. The hostel was clean and the stuff friendly. On the other hand there have been few visitors this night, therefore before mentioned problems with too less toilettes were not visible.

Very old and ugly building, ugly room, not very user friendly

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Belgium

A good hostel, very quiet. I found it difficult to socialize with other travelers at this hostel. It's expensive for a hostel, but probably one of the cheapest options for a solo traveler in Oslo.

The hostel is located exactly where you want it, very close to all the the main attractions and to the railway station also. Definitely recommend this hostel for a stay up to 3 days.

The hostel would benefit from more bathrooms and showers. This is its biggest bottleneck. On the other hand, location (in the very center of Oslo) is a big adventage.

We only stayed for one night as a quick stopover in Oslo. Sentrum Hostel provided what we needed - a cheap place to stay for the night, near the station. The room was a bit dusty but other than that perfectly pleasant, with a fridge which was useful. When we arrived one of the staff informed me that he had already taken the rest of the payment on the card I paid the deposit on, which was a bit of a surprise - I would have preferred to have paid on a different card but it was too late!

Es un hostel cutre. Huele regular y las instalaciones son muy pobres. En mi habitaci'on no había ningún tipo de armario o taquilla donde guardar las cosas. Además, tenía reservadas y pagadas tres noches, y sin avisarme después de la segunda noche sacaron mis cosas de la habitación porque necesitaban la cama para otra persona y las dejaron donde el equipaje. Cuando llegué a la habitación había otra persona durmiendo en mi cama. Si llego una hora más tarde duermo en la escalera. No recomendable.

In general the stay was good! Great location! We got to stay an extra night in a private room for the price of a dorm which was great! There was some confusion at times. The staff was not in the reception at the times given and we had to wait for half an hour to get our luggage in to the luggage room. But in general a good hostel for a fair price.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Finland

Located in a great spot only 5 mins walk into town. Get a day ticket for the bus, ferry, train and trams (only about 9euros). The hostel was pretty run down and the room was very very basic. The hostel is near a 'Gentleman's club' and the street outside is noisy well into the early hours of the morning. A real issue as we needed the window open because it was too hot. Parking was difficult to find but there is parking on most of the roads near the hostel. On the whole pretty disappointing.

I get, Oslo is expensive - so is this place. But so was Reykjavik and the hostels there were TOP! This hostel looks like a crazy house. Limited shower, dirty environment, stained bed sheets, cold atmosphere... Venture only if absolutely broke! They didn't even try to make this place the half of decent.

I booked here after reading other reviews, good and bad, and I have to side with the good. I felt that the rooms were spacious and clean and the bathrooms were fine. I maybe had to wait 5 minutes for a free bathroom once. In addition I even saw the cleaning staff at work in the morning so I knew the bathrooms were cleaned frequently. Given the location right near central station, this hostel is a great deal.

• 31st Jul 2015

Great location, kitchen, common room with games and TV. Showers were big and nice, but not enough showers for all the people in the hostel.

Kitchen is not too well equipped and closed until 8:30 in the morning - a no-go for travellers who get up early for Sightseeing or for continuing the journey. Liked the living room. Friendly and helpful staff. Plus: I got an upgrade for my room! Thanks for that!

Weird crowd at the sentrum hostel. Lots of older people that live there. Had a druggie as a roommate one night. Definitely not the best hostel but it is centrally located! I recommend trying to find somewhere else if possible.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4