Sentrum Hostel Reviews

Tollbugata 8, Oslo, Norway

Kitchen is not too well equipped and closed until 8:30 in the morning - a no-go for travellers who get up early for Sightseeing or for continuing the journey. Liked the living room. Friendly and helpful staff. Plus: I got an upgrade for my room! Thanks for that!

Weird crowd at the sentrum hostel. Lots of older people that live there. Had a druggie as a roommate one night. Definitely not the best hostel but it is centrally located! I recommend trying to find somewhere else if possible.

A pretty good hostel, for a good price. The location is great -- my only complaint would be how far away the bathrooms are from the rooms. Otherwise, everything was just fine!

The hostel has very average wifi to say the least and also they seem to have dome elderly people that are like living there, who sit in the common area and therefore make it less social for the younger people, as the old lady yelled at me because I touched somethinfn of hers not knowing it was hers obviously! This hostel has a good location though and resonably clean

Hostel proche de la gare. Personnel sympa. Etat des douches moyen sur le plan pratique et de la propreté.

Not a typical Hostel to tourist, since that exist permanent people living there. During the night, the hookers in the street use the lobby to get free wi-fi. The higyne overall is very poor and is badly in sanitary terms. The lack of Hostels in Oslo and the very low price make it run full house. To avoid.

A little bit old and tired but very well located (middle of town and 5 minutes walk from the train station) and well priced.

The hostel had a grungy feel to it, furniture was often sticky? Met some British women in Bergen who stayed in sentrum hostel oslo as well and we ended up having a laugh about the hostel and saying that "it was an experience" (not in a good way).

Everything was very good! Being that Norwy and Switzerland are the most expansive countries in Europe(believe me they ar) the Price per night plus the hostel itself was excelent. Right in the center of Oslo, everything very clean and friendly staff. Luxory kitchen and facilities. The dorms are comfortable, clean and sace enough and place enough for everybody! The only thing what i found anoying is that the showers and toilets are kind of far away from the dorms. Apart from that,i do recommend it

The windows didn't open properly and we had to shut them at night because it hung over another guests bed. Dirty beds when we arrived. The facilities were nice though and good location.

Nice place located in the middle of city

Located in a perfect location. For $30 a night it cant be beat in expensive Oslo. Steps away from the main shopping street that if followed to its end takes you past historical sites and to city hall. The staff was exceptionally accommodating and friendly. It does not have night reception. I did not arrive until midnight, but arranged through email to enter the locked building using a code and retrieved my rm key. Stayed one night. No lockers in my particular rm, but locked luggage rm available.

The room was spacious - no bunk beds, which is good. The room needed blackout curtains as it was hard to sleep from light coming straight through the curtains in summer. There was a lot of noise from the street but we couldn't shut the window as it was too stuffy and hot. More showers would be good but the location was very good.

• 30th Jun 2015

It's an ok hostel.For the price and location, couldn't really expect anything more. There isn't really a common room so it was difficult to meet fellow travellers. The guy who was usually at reception was nice and helpful, the cleaner I spoke to a little brusque. I mean, it's Oslo, one of the most expensive cities in the world, so you get what you pay for!

It's a nice hostel in a great location. It could use some more bathrooms.

I stayed here on my first and last night in Oslo during a trip to Norway and I had two different rooms. I chose the hostel for its proximity to the train station but both nights I spent there were incredibly loud so it was very difficult to sleep. One room I faced an internal courtyard where you could her everything and people were talking loudly until midnight. The second room I had overlooked the street which was very loud with traffic and people all night long. Also not enough toilets.

Close to Sentralstation (5' ) and Karl Johans street parades (2').Located in an old building occupies four floors without elevator.Staff -friendly and helpful.Reception -on the 2nd floor, the showers -on the 2nd and 3rd floor. If you stay on the 4th floor -daily ascents! My room (5 beds) -acceptable, no bunk-bed; showers and toilets clean.Without coffee;only sugar and hot water for free.The kitchen,a dining table,2 TV,a pool table and a table with soccer game -all in the same room -very noisy !

Staff was extremely helpful, and courteous. We loved staying here, we would definitely stay here again.

One of those typical sleazy European hostels located in a 4 storey building close to the central station. Always saw cleaners there but it was still kind of dirty. At least it was only a short walk to anywhere in oslo and staff were helpful.

Nice and professional receptionist at check-in. Good location being central to everything. Bedroom floor dirty as not hoover daily. And amazing level of dust under the corner bed!! Not great for sleeping if you are sensitive to dust. Big kitchen all functional. Showers and toilets available at each level. Would recommend this hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3