Sentrum Hostel Reviews

Tollbugata 8, Oslo, Norway

The Sentrum Hostel was good and it has cheap double rooms, which was really nice. The rooms are clean and there's a mini fridge! The building smells like cigarettes but it wasn't too bad in the room. It's right next to the train station and that was lovely! The staff was helpful in finding a place to eat dinner and we had a good experience.

- As soon as you come into the building, shocked by really stuffy/smelly air!! It seems like the building never gets aired out! It only gets worse in the dorms. In the 3 nights I spent there, I never once saw them cleaning the room. - Very weird people staying, seems like some are "living" there for weeks...and are acting as if it is there room and not respecting others! - Very loud from the street, windows not closing properly. - Good central location, but hookers at night closeby!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Austria

Good hostel. My room was gorgeous, no bunked beds and crown molding. In city center, right next to central station. No breakfast and it's expensive but that's Oslo for for you. Staff was super friendly. Definitely recommend it.

Location was close to things, especially train station. Be wary: lots of old people, some who seem to have moved in long-term, which is quite creepy in a dorm setting. Social atmosphere wasn't good, little interaction. Only 5 showers for the building = far too few. WCs were dirty.

This hostel was awesome. Thanks so much for a great stay!

Nice people at the reception. Thanks guys!

• 8th May 2015
  • Finland

Great hostel,i don't know why some people complain about it.

It was a great hostel in a good location however I am not sure how safe I felt. Lucky there were some lockers to put my stuff away as the bedroom door was always left unlocked. It was a bit dirty and the kitchen smelt of curry :/ but for 2 nights I was satisfied. It is close to everything, so would definitely reccommend it for a few days to sight see.

• 18th Apr 2015

Cold shower is my only complaint, but thats probably my fault for waiting until 10am to try and take one.

Great staff and met a few people

• 15th Apr 2015

Helpful staff, nice showers, spacious rooms. I met a lot of friendly people here, very diverse crowd. Nice location too, close to train/bus station and everything else in town.

Hostel was not clean at all. I stayed in a bedroom downstairs, isolated from the others. Could hear several noises at night like footsteps, flushs of water and music of a nearby club. The atmosphere was very weird, without common spaces.. The location was really good, maybe the best thing about this hostel. Really poor value for the price.

Nice place to book. It is also to be noted one strength of the hotel: it has a kitchen that everyone can use to cook or boil water (especially during winter to get warmer).

Hostel was very close to the station. We were only there one night. Got upgraded to a private twin which was good. It was very basic - bathrooms weren't on every floor, and the general layout of the place was a bit odd. Did have a fridge and a TV in the room though. The curtain in our room was half off! Towels were given. Comfy bed though.

Location is perfect, hostel is safe and rooms are big. One big minus there still is: It smells like someone had smoked in our room for 30 years. Smell was horrible, but everything else was fine at hostel.

Finally! A place with no bunk beds! I could sit up without hitting my head and had plenty of space to stretch and move around. Night stands were great as well (the things people take for granted haha). Great location, easy walk to bars and city center and central station. Good restaurant below it (w/ a hostel guest discount).

Staff were quite helpful. Our group of three asked to be roomed together, and they upgraded us to a 3-person private. I wouldn't count on this though. The wifi and facilities were good, location very close to the main central station in Oslo, which was very helpful for travel. Linen, beds and pillows were very comfortable, an excellent night sleep.

Nice common room/kitchen, but not a place to meet people. Most of the guests seemed older and kept to themselves/their group.

Good hostel location was excellent room was quite big people were nice and the bathrooms and kitchen clean

Not enough lockers.