Sentrum Hostel Reviews

Tollbugata 8, Oslo, Norway

It's a nice hostel in a great location. It could use some more bathrooms.

I stayed here on my first and last night in Oslo during a trip to Norway and I had two different rooms. I chose the hostel for its proximity to the train station but both nights I spent there were incredibly loud so it was very difficult to sleep. One room I faced an internal courtyard where you could her everything and people were talking loudly until midnight. The second room I had overlooked the street which was very loud with traffic and people all night long. Also not enough toilets.

Close to Sentralstation (5' ) and Karl Johans street parades (2').Located in an old building occupies four floors without elevator.Staff -friendly and helpful.Reception -on the 2nd floor, the showers -on the 2nd and 3rd floor. If you stay on the 4th floor -daily ascents! My room (5 beds) -acceptable, no bunk-bed; showers and toilets clean.Without coffee;only sugar and hot water for free.The kitchen,a dining table,2 TV,a pool table and a table with soccer game -all in the same room -very noisy !

Staff was extremely helpful, and courteous. We loved staying here, we would definitely stay here again.

One of those typical sleazy European hostels located in a 4 storey building close to the central station. Always saw cleaners there but it was still kind of dirty. At least it was only a short walk to anywhere in oslo and staff were helpful.

Nice and professional receptionist at check-in. Good location being central to everything. Bedroom floor dirty as not hoover daily. And amazing level of dust under the corner bed!! Not great for sleeping if you are sensitive to dust. Big kitchen all functional. Showers and toilets available at each level. Would recommend this hostel

The location was amazing; right next to the station, REALLY easy to find and in the heart of the city. The staff was friendly, the beds were super comfortable and the kitchen and bathroom facilities were great. However, one significant complaint would be that my room had a very strong smokey scent to it (room 309). After only having stayed there one night, myself, my clothes and all my belongings in the hiking backbag smelt just like it!

Nice hostel, the wifi wasn't that good on the 4th floor. The shower could be cleaner thought.

Beds at this hostel were super comfortable and there was no bunk beds in our 5 bed mixed dorm. The staff were helpful and did our laundry for us for 30 NOK. There was a large fully stocked kitchen and a nice common room. Wifi worked fine and there were lockers in the room.

Pros: Very close to the train station Cons: Wifi poor, whole building smelled really bad, sheets had been washed but were stained and had tears and holes, floor was gritty and dirty, very few toilets and showers

• 2nd Jun 2015

I din' t like te atmosphere there! Was not de atmosphere theat you aspect when you go on vacantion! Big whit different peoplels transit!!

• 29th May 2015
  • Romania

Good location! I stayed there for only one night and left quite early in the morning. I didn't know thy included breakfast until others told me that buffet is quite good. Hostel is close to the street, I can hear soon hookers talking outside during midnight, until early in the morning. Maybe because it's Friday night. Shower room is quite few. You need to wait in a queue.

This hostel was one of the best we stayed at on our Europe trip. We booked 2 beds in a 6-bed room, but were upgraded to a private room at no extra charge, which was great. The hostel is located very close to the Main Street (and more importantly, the cheapest food). The staff were very nice and helpful and I was able to do my laundry even after the reception was closed. The showers were still warm when my lazy butt showered around 10 am. Only problem was loud neighbors into the early morning.

Too old...

The Sentrum Hostel was good and it has cheap double rooms, which was really nice. The rooms are clean and there's a mini fridge! The building smells like cigarettes but it wasn't too bad in the room. It's right next to the train station and that was lovely! The staff was helpful in finding a place to eat dinner and we had a good experience.

- As soon as you come into the building, shocked by really stuffy/smelly air!! It seems like the building never gets aired out! It only gets worse in the dorms. In the 3 nights I spent there, I never once saw them cleaning the room. - Very weird people staying, seems like some are "living" there for weeks...and are acting as if it is there room and not respecting others! - Very loud from the street, windows not closing properly. - Good central location, but hookers at night closeby!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Austria

Good hostel. My room was gorgeous, no bunked beds and crown molding. In city center, right next to central station. No breakfast and it's expensive but that's Oslo for for you. Staff was super friendly. Definitely recommend it.

Location was close to things, especially train station. Be wary: lots of old people, some who seem to have moved in long-term, which is quite creepy in a dorm setting. Social atmosphere wasn't good, little interaction. Only 5 showers for the building = far too few. WCs were dirty.

Location is very nice, but dorms are not clean at all. Building not very good taken care. Anyway you have what you need, and location is the value.

This hostel was awesome. Thanks so much for a great stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3