Sentrum Pensjonat Reviews

Tollbugata 8, Oslo, Norway

i had a great time there, the location, is PERFECT! is in front of the main station, perfect!

It is a average-good hostel, depending on what you want. The problems I see is that the reception only open at 10am, so if you arrive earlier than it you have to wait to get in; another one is that there is only one computer to use and the environment for those who are traveling alone is not so sociable, but it may be because of when I went there too... Otherwise, the rooms have a nice size, good bedrooms in an excellent location. And the staff really tried to help when I needed.

The hostel has a lot of prostitutes walking there in the night, and they even offer you their services, so it can be very annoying when you want a calm place to stay. The rooms are big, however it was very noisy inside.

Besides backpackers there were also people living for longer time. That makes the amosphere different. The room and bathroom was clean, the toilets not.

This place is more popular among transient workers than holiday makers, so keep in mind it lacks a friendly "backpacker" feel. There are no lockers in the rooms - they are in the hallways and they are very small. The WCs were not clean and scarce in number. After dark, local prostitutes start their trade on the street outside, which doesn't make for a pleasant atmosphere and becomes very noisy. I moved a night early after a man loitering in the hallway offered to sell me drugs.

• 2nd Mar 2014

Cheap for Oslo and a great location.

We had booked one room for four persons, but when we arrived we were told that there were no four person rooms available. We did get two twin rooms at the same price, which was okay, but it would have been nice to get what we had booked. The location is excellent and overall experience was nice, but there was quite strong tobacco smell all over the hostel. Also the kitchen didn't have any bowls or knives, which was a bit weird.

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Finland

Not so expensive, I think it's better than the average score.

It was the most expensive place I stayed whilst backpacking through Scandinavia yet was the worst. The whole building felt old and dirty shower and toilets were often not clean but a plus point is how close it is to the city centre

Great location right near the main street in Oslo. But that's about it. Oslo is a very expensive place and if you're a solo traveller, you don't get a lot of choices.

• 24th Jan 2014

Down to earth. Pleasant and helpful staff Well run and good behaviour from all fellow guests

good location with good price. As oslo is a well known expensive city, it's not possible to ask for more conditions... so it was great

It's an old hostel. It has kitchen but facilities are really dirty. Bathrooms are big and clean. Stuff are nice. Anyway it is a good choice if you only want to find someplace to sleep as it has definitely good location.

Good location, close to central station and main shopping street. Very friendly staff, looks up everything you want. Big kitchen, but not much stuff to cook with. Bathroom with hairdryer. Fridge and heating facility in our room. Beds are not that big, but for a weekend, we had everything we needed !

I was very worried about this hostel because of the reviews I've read here. I was so nicely surprised that I loved my staying there. The price is great for Oslo, and the location is amazing. The people in the reception were super nice and helpful. Room was big and clean and the bed was so comfortable.There are people that live there, but they were all nice and friendly. Maybe it's weird if you are a woman travelling alone, but if you're going with a friend, don't worry, it's great.

Very acceptable

Prostitutes outside and inside the hostel. Bedbugs, or something like it, so I have red marks all over my body. And if that wasn’t enough I found an open condom package underneath my bed.

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Sweden

The location was ok, it's 3 blocks from the train station and 2 blocks from the opera house. The hotel staff was semi-helpful. It looked like some people used it to live in. Other than all the black prostitues that bother you every time you walk outside at night and the police busting in our 6 bed (I reserved a 5 bed dorm room) dorm room and arresting a guy at 1:30 in the morning, I would say it would have been an ok place to stay. Definitely the cheapest in Oslo by far though!!!!!!!

• 8th Nov 2013