8.8
Fabulous 375 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 375 Total Reviews
Seoul Base Camp Located at The 3rd Floor, 383-14 Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul.
South Korea
Seoul 121-885 The 3rd Floor, 383-14 Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu
88% 375
37.5491154 126.9122815
    Rooms available

15th May 2016

It was exactly as advertised. With waffles for breakfast. Who can complain?

No surprises. That's my motto when it comes to service. Thank you! - Jake

9th May 2016
4.0

There was hardly ever anyone at the front desk. I had read reviews on here that said that, but I didn't think it could be that bad. It was. There was no one there when I tried checking in, no one there when I checked out (both were times when the staff was scheduled to be there between 8am-11pm). I couldn't get the deposit for my adapter back when I left. Wouldn't recommend/stay here again.

I'm very sorry to hear that. We will send you the deposit for the adapter right away. Of course, it must have been a frustrating experience to not be able to find one of us when you needed. That is why we promise to be on site from 8am to 11pm. Although we can't know for sure as we don't have surveillance cameras but I imagine the problem might have been that the staffs were either away doing work in another part of the hostel or at their meal break. Our staffs are given a lunch break at noon and dinner break at 7 for an hour each. They are also asked to go on a patrol of the building every hour to check up on the cleanliness and comfort of guests. Being a small hostel of 30 beds, this shouldn't take more than 5 minutes but occasionally the work takes longer and the staff is kept away from the reception for an extended period of time. So we invite the guests to give us a call with the phone at the reception and we are always carrying our phone to receive calls at anytime. I'm terribly sorry that all of these weren't communicated to you clearly at the beginning. We will be coming up with a better system to never let this happen again. Please accept our apologies and we hope you enjoyed your stay in Seoul otherwise.

6th May 2016

Seoul Base Camp Hostel in Seoul-Hapjeong was a great choice. Located in the Hapjeong area with many cafés, shops, and street food places, I enjoyed staying there. The hostel itself is located less than a minute walk from the nearest metro station (Hapjeong). Hostel staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast is great (waffles!) and their rooftop with a pig is without words :) Rooms are rather small but the common room is huge! Showers were clean and pretty good. All in all I'd stay there again!

Thank you. We are happy to serve. Have a nice day! - Jake

• Germany, Female, 18-24
4th May 2016

Highly recommend! Very close to hapjeong subway station and only a short walk from Hongdaes main shopping and clubbing area. Rooms are plain, but clean, very nice hangout area and rooftop. Bonus points for Hamlet, the pig living on the rooftop.

Thank you so much. - Jake

• Thailand, Female, 18-24
30th Apr 2016

Nice location and facilities. One of the staff was impressive. Good place for socializing, but a bit noisy during my short stay (can't blame the hostel). Cleanliness was in doubt with ppl wearing shoes inside all the time. Overall was just good!

Thank you, N. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! - Jake

• Australia, Male, 18-24
25th Apr 2016

Base Camp is like a home in Seoul, the place is nice with good vibes, the staff is really nice and helpful and location is great. I stayed both in 4 beds and 10 beds dorms and I can say that everything is clean, bed is fine. Hot shower with shampoo, soap and towel included was relaxing. Waffles and toast for breakfast is the best to wake up in a good mood ready to visit Seoul. The big plus is the atmosphere, especially at night on the rooftop. Thanks for the stay and see you soon !

20th Apr 2016

No Complaints :D

Thank you! - Jake

• Canada, Female, 18-24
11th Apr 2016

Really close to metro, staff friendly and helpful, nice common room.

Staffs are where we really shine. Thank you and come again! - Jake

10th Apr 2016
5.4

Staff could have Been more helpful and friendly! Not much happening around the Hostel!

Hello, I'm very sorry to hear that. We will look into our management of the team and fix what we can right away. Hope the rest of Seoul was a positive experience for you. - Jake

10th Apr 2016

Staff were super friendly with online questions I asked before I came to South Korea but were somewhat aloof during my stay. I know that one of the owners was away during my time there so probably just an off day due to stress. The location is great, easy to get to from Incheon or Gimpo airports, and lots of things nearby to do.

Hello, I'm sorry for the aloofness. I planned a 2 week vacation and just after my departure, one of our staffs had to fly home suddenly. Being short staffed, our team was under bigger work load. Normally, our staffs are where we really shine. Hope you enjoyed everything else and wish you the best in the rest of your trip. - Jake, one of the owners.