Seoul Base Camp Reviews

The 3rd Floor, 383-14 Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Really lovely place to stay in Seoul with awesome touches like free breakfast waffles made for you. The staff were so friendly and attentive.

Min and Jake are extremely friendly! good location, right next to the vivid and trendy area of Hapjeong. Nice rooftop and common area. Definetely recommend this hostel ;)

Great hostel! The staff are the best you could ever hope for and are making every effort to improve the place on what it already is.

Thanks Lachlan see you in 3 weeks Min Seoul Base Camp Hostel.

Jake, Min, thanks for the awesome stay and I'm sure I'll see you again in the future when I return to Seoul!

• 20th Jun 2014

Thanks for reviewing. we had a great time with you. wish to see you soon again. MIn Seoul Base Camp Hostel.

A really cool and cosy place with great homely atmosphere. It's a few steps from the tube, and in a great part of Seoul. The people there are really nice.

• 29th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Thank you. Loved your style. We wish you the best in the rest of your time in Asia. - Jake

Amazing. The free waffles and toast, although it sounds cheesy, is the perfect addition to this hostel. This feels very much like a dorm room, or my buddy's apartment, and that it a good thing, as it makes me feel right at home. Only one suggestion, and that would be to add some sort of hook by the beds! It kind sucks to just drape your towel on your bed to dry out. That little addition would give this place the perfect score. I will definitely be coming back if and when I'm back in Seoul. THX!

R, your suggestion sounds great! We are always adding to the place all the time so the hooks will become a reality very soon. We are glad you had a great time in Seoul. Do come back when you are in town! - Jake

Not crazy about the "capsule" beds but the location is great, just steps from the subway. Friendly staff & good wifi

Best. Hostel. Ever. Returning customers should get first pick on bottom bunks though...I'll be expecting that next time I visit. ;)

Best. Customer. Ever. 10/10 Would host again. - Jake

Staff was so friendly and helpful! Will definitely recommend the hostel to others.

We provide not only service but a community. Let's build one together. - Jake

The location of this hostel is wonderful, not even a 5 minute walk from the subway. The place felt very relaxed and laid back. We were given free waffles in the morning for breakfast and the staff helped us decide what we should do for the day. Although our room was a little cramped it was perfect for sleeping and I would definitely go back again. They also had a nice large common area for meeting people. Only problem was there were no keys or security (although they did provide lockers).

Hi, Thank you for the write up. We are sorry about the security issue. Though we provide keys for the 4 bed dorms and the private room, the 10 bed dorms are difficult to keep it secure simply because of the number of people in the room. We are glad you have enjoyed our complementary breakfast and our homely atmosphere. Those are the areas that we definitely do the best. Hope you had a great time in Seoul and we hope to see you again! - Jake

Seoul Base Camp is an excellent place to stay when you're in Seoul. Although the place has a DIY feel to it you got everything you need. The location right in Hongdea is awesome for partying and access to plublic transportation is great so you reach all the sights easily. The best thing though is the atmopshere greated by the owners and stuff. Those guys/girls rock.

Hello, Thanks for staying with us. I am glad you had great time here and we already miss you. Hope your trip goes well and have a lot fun. See you soon. Min Seoul Base Camp Hostel.