9.0
Superb 359 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 359 Total Reviews
Seoul Base Camp Located at The 3rd Floor, 383-14 Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul.
South Korea

20th Apr 2016

No Complaints :D

• Canada, Female, 18-24
11th Apr 2016

Really close to metro, staff friendly and helpful, nice common room.

Staffs are where we really shine. Thank you and come again! - Jake

• Germany, Male, 18-24
10th Apr 2016
5.4

Staff could have Been more helpful and friendly! Not much happening around the Hostel!

Hello, I'm very sorry to hear that. We will look into our management of the team and fix what we can right away. Hope the rest of Seoul was a positive experience for you. - Jake

10th Apr 2016

Staff were super friendly with online questions I asked before I came to South Korea but were somewhat aloof during my stay. I know that one of the owners was away during my time there so probably just an off day due to stress. The location is great, easy to get to from Incheon or Gimpo airports, and lots of things nearby to do.

Hello, I'm sorry for the aloofness. I planned a 2 week vacation and just after my departure, one of our staffs had to fly home suddenly. Being short staffed, our team was under bigger work load. Normally, our staffs are where we really shine. Hope you enjoyed everything else and wish you the best in the rest of your trip. - Jake, one of the owners.

• Brazil, Male, 25-30
8th Apr 2016

Best place in Seoul. Hongdae neighborhood is the best place for party and fun. Base Camp is very close to subway. Clean place, good breakfast and good people. Very recommended!

And you are the best guest in the world! Clean, comfortable place where you can meet good people is the very foundation of Basecamp. - Jake

5th Apr 2016

Awesome place and they're still trying to build a better place! They've got a pig on the roof and hopefully the next time I come back there's going to be a bar up there! Highly recommend

Thank you. Our philosophy is to always be a better place than yesterday. A rooftop bar is in the works so hopefully we can serve some cocktails this summer. Have a nice one. - Jake

3rd Apr 2016

Best hostel in Seoul. Love the staff, the pig on the roof, and the awesome hot shower. Waffles in the morning are made fresh, and free tea and coffee. The metro is literally across a small street, and hongdae market is also very close. I've been traveling for nine months, definately in my top three hostels so far!

Best review any hostel manager can hope for. Thank you and hope you have fun in the rest of your trip. - Jake

30th Mar 2016

Very social hostel (but not in the way that it's loud and you can't go to sleep). Great free breakfast and personally loved the free hair straightener as it was the first time I got to do that in 4 months. Great location and nice roof top with kitchen. Super friendly and knowledgeable staff. I slept in one of the large "pod" dorms which if you're claustrophobic I could understand why those dorms aren't for you but I liked them a lot. Would definitely stay here again.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you and please come again any time! - Jake

29th Mar 2016

Awesome place. Great staff. Free coffee and rooftop. Unfortunately it was a bit cold so no breakfast on the roof, but still good waffles! Would definitely stay again.

Thank you and come again. Summer is really the best time to stay here. - Jake

• Canada, Female, 18-24
26th Mar 2016

Thanks for a wonderful stay! I met some awesome people, and the staff went above and beyond what was required of them. They even helped with a little translation when I had to go to the police to report my lost phone! I would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone who comes to Seoul, and will definitely be staying here next time I'm in Seoul!

Thank you, It's always a joy to have guests as you are. Sorry about your phone but hope those crazy karaoke and street food nights were worth it. Take care! - Jake