Seoul Base Camp Reviews

The 3rd Floor, 383-14 Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Located in a really good place, close to a metro. Wifi was great. Showers were great. Dorms were slightly cramped. Atmosphere was really good, nice social area really enjoyed the fire!! Also make sure you go see the pig on the roof!

Thank you for an awesome review! - Jake

Highly recommend this hostel! some feedback for the hostel, make sure breakfast is ready for 8am, my only small issue. Otherwise quality set up, really social

A big thank you. I'm sorry about the breakfast not being on time. We actually changed up our morning routine after your feedback so the breakfast is on time, every time. Come back anytime! - Jake

Really like this place, good location in Hongdae. Great communal area to meet people and hang out. Free waffles for breakfast! Perhaps the bathrooms aren't the most ideal but its one of my favourite hostels in Seoul.

Well, you must come back then! We are planning a renovation of our bathroom facility for this year. Stay tuned for our awesome new facility. - Jake

Staff were great, super friendly and helpful. The common room waswas really comfortable and inviting. Will def. Be staying here again.

Thank you, come and enjoy our space whenever you like! - Jake

The Atmosphere is super awesome, it a cool space to be living in. The rooftop drinking session was a mess but fun. Good for solo traveler, wish that I have more time to spend there. Be aware that shower and bathroom area can be a bit of a shock for Hostel's Newbie and some women, which I have no problem whatsoever, the location was excellent right on top of 7/11 and very near the subway exit. Shout out to all of the staff especially Jin, Thank you for being an awesome bunch of people!

It was a pleasure to have you. As to the bathroom, it's on our to do list for this winter so it suits everyone's needs. Thank you and we wish you the best! - Jake

Great place to stay with very friendly staff and a great atmosphere. Highly recommend it for solo travelers.

I agree. Thank you! - Jake

Easily one of the best hostels I've stayed at mainly due to the people who work there and an environment that makes it feel like home. Jake is awesome and coolest hostel owner I've met by long shot. Excellent location, atmosphere is great, facilities are great. Will definitely be going there again on my next visit!

So sweet of you. Thank you, M. - Jake

Amazing staff who really take care about everything. Was a pleasure to stay!

• 3rd Dec 2015

Was a pleasure to have you guys. Auf wiedersehen! - Jake

One of the best hostels I've never been. You don't want to leave when you are there!! The beds are not the best but, really, it's a good place to stay, rest and explore Seoul. I'll recommend it, and if I can I'll be back.

Haha, so that's why you kept staying longer. Thank you, C. -Jake

At first I wasn't sure I had made the right choice, but soon felt at home at Base Camp and (like many) stayed longer than expected. Pros: close to evrythng, privacy of cubbie beds, relaxed & friendly atmosphere, rooftop, great mix of guests & awesome staff (props to Cheree and Jin). Cons: place is spartan, beds uncomfortable, big dorms can be crowded, trash cans in bathroom always full. Plus staff isn't paid & poor Hamlet on the roof is more depressing than cute. Still, would love to stay again!

Hi J, thank you for the review. We are two Korean guys who love what we do, which is to share the Seoul that we love. We appreciate you overlooking many of our shortcomings and embracing the heart of our endeavour. After your review, we have gone through some changes so the cleanliness will be more consistent and the dorms can provide better comfort. I make sure our animal friend gets at least one hug a day. We wish you the best in the rest of your trip. - Jake

I had a fabulous experience at Seoul Base Camp! The staff were very friendly and everything in the hostel was designed with a travellers needs in mind. The environment was very friendly and easy to meet people but it was never too loud in the evenings. They even had a communal hair dryer and straightener ( and decent shampoo and conditioner)!! I will definitely stay here again if/when I return to Seoul!! Thanks guys for a great stay! Theo

Thank you,Hope you can stay longer next time you are in Seoul. We are just happy to serve. - Jake

This hostel is my favorite in Seoul! Super cute, great beds, and waffles in the morning--what's not to love?

• 31st Oct 2015

And you are our favourite. Thank you! - Jake

All this Camping in Seoul nonsense is a fig. No matter. Pig on the roof is charming. It's a really pleasant affordable place. All round friendly, well located, board games, waffles, ok bathrooms, tidy comfortable cubbyholes for beds; nice roomy common room (unfortunately with no pool table: a suggestion). Very good stay, folks.

I was glad to see you again. Come back again any time. - Jake

Fantastic place, I'd definitely stay again. I loved the convenient location, cool base camp decor, cozy common area, opportunities to meet fellow travelers, fun relaxed vibe, free stuff, waffles, awesomely random rooftop pig, and of course the wonderful staff. Small critiques: walls are thin and not at all soundproof, but they provide earplugs so it didn't bother me; bathroom is, um, not designed for the shy; beds are hard. But overall a great hostel. I'll be back for my waffles!!!!

Thank you, E. We have waffles with your name on it waiting for you. - Jake

I had a great time in Seoul thanks to SBC! Everyone I met there, both staff and guests, made my experience very memorable.

• 9th Oct 2015

Thank you, M. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip around Korea. - Jake

Really enjoyed this unique hostel, very homey feel. It's the perfect place if you're in Seoul to party as most of the guests went out together at night. Maybe not ideal if you're not a party person though. The staff are amazing here and they have a great roof terrace.

It's crazy how you knew our friend. Small world. Do come back any time. Thank you! - Jake

A nice hostel with a good atmosphere. Very friendly staff and other travellers. I would high recommended for anyone travelling alone looking to make friends.

Thank you for the review! Staffs and atmosphere really makes the hostel. - Jake

Second time staying at Base Camp and it was just as good as the last time. Great atmosphere, and super easy to meet people and I've stayed here for about a month's worth of days in total and it does not disappoint. It's about 10 minutes walking to all of the things going on in the Hongdae area and if you don't want to go out then, you could easily hang out on the rooftop. Right next to a 7-11 and about 1.5 minutes from the subway.

Nice to see you again, M. Feel free to come back any time. - Jake

Definitly a nice stay. Really good staff, visited with them some nice rooftop electronic music party. Would stay again. Location a bit stange at the beginning.

Hi, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the party. Please come and stay here any time again. - Jake