Seoul Base Camp Reviews

The 3rd Floor, 383-14 Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

If you are looking for a "different and alternative" hostel, and of course cheap, it is the perfect choice. The vibes are great. It is not a hostel where you'll find comfort, but for that price and location, you won't regret it.

• 17th Feb 2015

Fantastic value and wonderful staff! The location is one of my favourites in the city.

Really nice staff :) He spoke so kindly, and was never rude or offputting. The pig was the best part of my new year so far. Just lovely. Beds need better blankets. Bigger blankets. Didnt even fit half my body, but it was warm in the room with the heater. The concrete floors were super clean and i walked around barefooted most of the time. :)

Hi, thank you for the feedback. I'm sorry about the blanket. We provide two blankets : a summer throw and a large sleeping bag, which acts as a comforter. We understand how the comforter might have been too warm for the already heated room. We will try to get a larger blanket for the Summer. We are happy that you enjoyed our (and pig's) company. We are at the reception everyday to help you with whatever you may need. We wish you the best in your travel.

Great stay ! Everything was nice about this place.

Great review! Everything was nice about you too. Thank you for the feedback! - Jake

The main things about this hostel: it has one of the best meeting-other-travellers/people-atmosphere. AND IT HAS A CUTE LITTLE PIG!! Sigh..I miss him. (scratch him below his cheeks--that's his sweet spot). The hostel's cheap, has wifi, great location and vibe. I was there in the winter, where more long term people stay. It seems intimidating at first since they all know each other already, but they're really nice once you get to know them :)

Hey yo- you were quite social for such an intimidated person. :) If anyone is reading this, my name is Jake and please feel free to approach me anytime for life coaching, financial consultation, or psychotherapy although I do not hold qualification for any of those things. - Jake.

Seoul Base Camp is a great place to stay. There's a rooftop with a great view, it's really close to the subway, and there's a mini pig! Feels like a home away from home. If you're a lone traveler this is a great place to meet people to explore Seoul with.

• 11th Nov 2014

Oh, you are completely right, but did you get these words off from our intro page? Thank you nonetheless. - Jake

Base camp is a basic hostel, nothing special. It was easy to find from the subway. I stayed in a room with 10 people and the room was very small.

Thanks for writing Review. We are really sorry to hear the room was small. We wish you stayed longer than few hours. and We do not want people skyping late night. Have a great time in Korea.

awesome place; great vibes and hospitality here. laid-back atmosphere makes for a very social and enjoyable experience. wood-work layout gives the place a warmly earthy aura, as well. one of the owners always shows his nipples, though............

Base Camp is always awesome. I've stayed there 3 or 4 times and never had a complaint.

It was nice to see you guys again. See you soon. You guys always very coming at SBC Min

Good atmosphere and very helpful staff. Waffle breakfast is nice and they have a pet pig that makes you feel guilty eating pork. Surprisingly clean and hygienic.

Thank you so much. We cant wait to see you again. Have a nice time in Australia. Min Seoul Base Camp Hostel.

We loved staying at Seoul Base camp. 100% recommend it -the owners are great... bilingual and bicultural, super fun and always helpful -the place is really chill...big lounge area and upstairs roof area to hang out -the people are great...I think this hostel just attracts cool people... We met lots of really fun people here -location is convenient...on two metro lines and only about a 3 minute walk from the metro -the building has character...They've fixed the place up in a really fun way

N and J, you guys were really great to have here. Always so upbeat and sociable. And you are 100% right. Basecamp is where it's at. - Jake

Jake and Min were very pleasant and hospitable. They were overbooked by one so they offered their room to me and my friend for the first night of our stay. They kept the place clean and organized. The location is great! Near the train and mall / restaurants.

• 1st Oct 2014

Hi K, we are sorry again for the first night. J is our friend and we only felt right to upgrade you guys to a private room. We are happy to hear that you took advantage of all the shops and restaurants nearby. There is no better way to enjoy this spot. - Jake

What an amazing place! I did not want to leave from the second I walked in. Together with some other travellers we had a spontanious BBQ on the huge rooftop terrace at night, everybody was just so welcoming and friendly, had an absolutely great time, thanks!

• 23rd Sep 2014

We are glad you could join us. We really appreciate those two guys throwing bbq for everyone on our roof. We wish you the best in your future travels! - Jake