Seoul Base Camp Reviews

The 3rd Floor, 383-14 Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Seoul Base Camp is a very particular hostel with the Camping spirit with more comfort, if you love camping or want to try something different from the average hostel in Seoul I would recommend it. Location is fine and breakfast is super nice.

Really great hostel, stay here whenever I'm in Seoul. Great location and its always nice to have a rooftop drink before heading into Hongdae.

I stay here every time I come to Seoul and it continues to be a fantastic value. Great location with a cool staff and a very social vibe. Great for solo-ers. Highly recommended.

Staff were always friendly and helpful. Great atmosphere and in a really convenient location. Definitely hope to be back one day!!

• 12th Jul 2015

Got to be the best hostel in Seoul. Such a great atmosphere and piggy livens things up even more.

Located slightly further away from the main party area in Hongdae, Seoul Base Camp is one of the more unique choices. The beds in the 10-12 bed dorm are separated by thin wooden partitions which can be quite noisy when hit by a flailing limb whilst sleeping. Can be quite loud too being next to a busy road but ear plugs are provided. The common area is the real highlight, spacious, comfortable and there's coffee, a guitar and Cards Against Humanity. Rooftop's great too just watch out for the pig!

It's really a basecamp. Quite modest, some paint would do good. The waffle breakfast is not a good reason to come here. The staff was nice and area seemed good, subway station really close. It's a normal hostel, but next time I'll try some place else. The doors were always open even at night when there was no staff, but seoul is really safe.

I have stayed at many hostels in Seoul and this is the best one and the only one that feels like a proper hostel! If your looking for the nicest hostel in Seoul, this isn't it (although it is incredibly clean). Instead Jake and Min have accomplished exactly what they set out to do - create a place where people can hang out, relax and swap stories. The location is also a big draw. The only negative was the place doesn't feel that secure which may worry people who are unaware how safe Seoul is!

Totally unique! It really feels like you are camping in the middle of the city. There's even a hostel pet, Hamlet / Hammy, the pig. Ideal for people looking for a different / cheap place to stay in Seoul. Lovely brekkie of waffles and chocolate, super helpful owners. Stayed in a 10 bed dorm, it's the quietest large dorm I've ever slept in - no bag rustlers (a miracle!). Downsides, a little far from Hongik (more like 15-20mins walk) and showers need doors (especially because bathroom is shared).

As always, an awesome stay at Base Camp =)

Good hostel with an awesome staff. Everybody was really friendly and helpful. Dorms are pretty standard and there is a great a/c in the room. Cool common area with good tunes playing all day. Piggy lives up on the roof, watch your toes!!

This was one of the best hostels ive ever stayed in, it was super clean, there were waffles for breakfast and the showers have huge shower heads with free shampoo and all. But the best part of Seoul base camp where the people, every one of the people working amd staying here were super nice and helpfull. I will be back for sure on my next Seoul trip. Only little negative thing is that their pet pig bites. But he is cute to look at! Just make sure not to eat in front of him haha ;) stay here!

Thank you for the review. We are happy to host you again! - Jake

The hostel was as described, plain, simple, cheap and in a good location in Seoul. so nothing to complain about.. waffle breakfast is also pretty nice.. but still I would appreciate if e.g. the walls get painted in the dorms, since they look a little bit odd, this would already make someone feel a little bit more comfortable. Beside that I liked that you get really easy in touch with the other people staying there and I really appreciated that they were flexible in canceling my last day

Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We wish you the best in the rest of your journey - Jake

Min and Jake are awesome, great atmosphere and at the perfect location in Seoul.

You are awesome. Thank you for the beautiful drawing of the prince of Basecamp. - Jake

Super fun here. I met great people and they have a pet Pig! The staff here are also especially great. They were extremely helpful in terms of giving all kinds of different advice about Seoul. It's also located in a pretty central location in the super fun area of Hongdae. My boyfriend and I had a lot of fun here in our travels. Morning waffles are also a yummy bonus!

Hi V, we were happy to have you hear as well! - Jake

Spot on awesome place would def go back!

• 3rd May 2015

Awesome dude! Would def lov to have you back. - Jake

Great guys, great hostel, great location!

and a great review. - Jake

The staff are wonderful and helpful and the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. The hostel is located extremely close to the subway station and an area full of cool bars, restaurants and shops. The rooftop is a great place to sit and have a drink, play the hostel guitar, or cuddle the pet pig (!). There are only a couple of toilets and showers so at times there was a bit of a wait to use them, but it wasn't usually too long and always clean. Overall, it's a great place - highly recommended!

• 1st May 2015
  • New Zealand

Thank you. We do our best to keep up our standard every hour. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Feel free to come back any time! - Jake

I really recommend young travelers to stay at this hostel during in Seoul. Especially for design / art lovers, they gonna love the hostel and it will make you feel home. Their pet pig is adorable. The staff is cool and reliable. Location and price are great, close to cool area: hongik university.

Thank you for the review. We do our best to provide a homely atmosphere. We had a great time hosting you. - Jake

Can't say enough about this place. Walking distance to Hongdae, which is a central place for some great culture, food, and shopping. The hostel is only a 3-5 minute walk from the subway, which is the primary way to get around Seoul. The staff is extremely friendly, young, and genuinely interested in helping you have a great stay. The dorms are fairly standard, nothing special. It has a great common area that is conducive to meeting new people. They provide shower gel, shampoo, etc. Loved it!

Thank you! We are actually working on making them dorms as snazzy as our common space. Come back whenever! - Jake.