Sepilok Forest Edge Resort Reviews

Jalan Rambutan, Sepilok Mile 14, Sandakan, Malaysia

For a traveller this is a lovely bit of luxury on a budget as you can stay in a dorm room but still feel like your staying in a fancy resort as you can use all the facilities. We loved this place with its relaxing atmosphere, beautiful setting and amazing food. The staff were so lovely and extremely helpful. I would 100% recommend this and stay here again if I had the chance.

This is a resort and not a hostel so you don't quite get the backpacker atmosphere, but it's still a really nice place to stay in Sepilok. It's really close to the sun bears and Orangutans and they can organise tours for you from the resort. Food and drinks are quite expensive here compared to the rest of Malaysia but the food is very good. Staff did get orders mixed up a lot, however they quickly corrected them.

I stayed in a twin room. When I got in half my bed was covered in black dust and dirt I brushed it off and we put the fan on. Returning to the room it was covered again and also with flies and ants, I assume it was coming from yje fan as I was right under it. Clearly needs a clean. Bugs are a problem here but you're in the jungle. Staff were so friendly and so close to the sanctuaries! But lodgehouse rooms and bathrooms could be cleaner!

It was a nice place to stay and relax and all the staff were friendly, helpful, mellow, and understanding. Very easy access to all the attractions of Sepilok! One thing that could be improved is that our 4-person dorm room had only 1 key... which meant that every time you wanted to go in or out (without your roommates around) you needed to stop by the front desk or restaurant... if you forgot something, you needed to go back and forth again.

• 12th Jun 2015

Accomodation quite cheap but dinner non for backpeackers! located just 10 minutes to orangutan sanctuary.

Great place to stay, value for money. Staff were so and helpful, people! The surroundings are as well. Rooms but fine.

• 26th May 2015