Sequoia Lodge Backpackers Reviews

3a Nelson Square, Picton, New Zealand

The staff were really friendly and welcoming which made our staff very pleasurable would definitely come again

One of the best hostels we stayed so far!

Great family vibe going on here. Loved the hot chocolate pudding and ice cream, free every night at 8pm!

Great little place, would definitely stay there again!

• 11th Mar 2014

We arrived late at night after the ferry was delayed, but this wasn't much of a problem because we rang in advance and alternative check-in arrangements were made.

very cozy place, great staff and free spa!! picton is a small place, so you can walk there in 10 mins from the docks, but they have a free pick-up / drop-off service. also, there's hammocks :) maybe not as unique as the tombstone (where i had stayed before), but definitely just as friendly.

Beautiful, stay, lovely staff. Hot tub and chocolate pudding extra bonus. But if you happen to be in the hot tub when chocolate pudding is being served, smile sweetly and they will save you some.

Loved staying here. Staff are friendly and helpful it was clean and there are excellent kitchen facilities. Also every night at 8pm there is free chocolate self saucing pudding and ice cream for all. So good!

Everything was good. We arrived late, after the reception was closed and there were no problems. I wish there were lockers to store things. Very clean good place to stay.

Very friendly and helpful staff

• 6th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

Good: - Good beds - Nice outdoor part to relax Bad: - Nothing really bad, everything was average

Loved the dessert and thoroughly enjoyed staying there. Room decorated nicely.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

One of the best hostels I've seen so far. Very nice decoration and good rooms. Big kitchen with spices and everything you need for cooking. They do the best chocolate pudding I've ever tried. this pudding alone is worth booking the hostel :-) and the spa pool for your private use is a wonderful add-on!

Nice hostel. Late check in worked smoothly. Wifi didn't work with any of our devices.

The free chocolate pudding with ice at 8.00 is really a nice gesture!

Really liked this hostel. It is about 15 minutes from town, which without the backpack great is. When I arrived I got a ride from the Blue Bridge Ferry shuttle and when I left I got a ride from the hosel. There is free wifi and after dinner you get chocolate cake and ice-cream. The hosts are lovely.

Only stayed one night but it was good. Very clean and well organised. Good instructions left for me in the mail box due to a late check-in. Short walk to the ferry terminal. 20-min wait to check out bugged me, but no big deal. Am staying again soon and looking forward to it. Very quiet, almost too much so.

A fantastic hostel! Really helpful, knowledgeable friendly staff, spacious rooms, spacious communal areas, great facilities in an amazing picturesque part of magical New Zealand!

Great hostel, with a very social environment. Free chocolate pudding is a real hit!!! People told me to avoid Picton but the hostel was great, town was nice and the Queen Charlotte Sound just stunning!

Love the idea of the cozy athmosphere and definitely love how friendly the staffs are . Free food is always an extra point! =D

• 25th Nov 2013