Sequoia Lodge Backpackers Reviews

3a Nelson Square, Picton, New Zealand

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Sequoia. Would be short of space in summer/peak season but if you're travelling in winter, you'll have no such problem. The free hot chocolate pudding every night is fantastic. The ferry pickup/dropoff system needs revision.

Warm, friendly with a good atmosphere and delicious pudding. Recommend to any traveller looking for a hostel in Picton.

Lovely little homely place!! Log fire, staff and the free chocolate and ice cream really made our stay!

Absolutely fantastic. One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Really cosy, comfortable and very clean throughout. Really friendly vibe going on. Would recommend to anyone- even if you're not planning on staying in Picton - change your plans because you should stay here!!!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great cosy atmosphere and yummy desert every night of ice cream and pudding! I highly suggest staying here while in Picton.

Sequoia Lodge is amazing! Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Such a cute, friendly and welcoming little place. I could have stayed there for a long time. Staff were amazing, the perks were incredible and the best value for money I've seen in New Zealand. Felt instantly at home thanks to the friendly and chatty staff. Lots of laughs were had. Just wish I could have stayed longer!

Awesome hostel, great pudding, very friendly staff, no problems...

• 17th Jun 2014

Great hostel. Staff were very nice, place had a comfortable, homey feel. Free wifi, breakfast, and dessert provided. Bathroom and room were very clean, heater and extra blanket provided (we visited in June). Also has off-street parking, a giant chess board and cedar hot tub. Located about five minutes away from the ferry drop off, and a few minutes' walk from everything in town. Wish we could have stayed another night! One of the best hostels we've stayed in so far (over a dozen at last count).

friendly stuff,clear and nice hostel.cheers

Great hostel! It had a really good atmosphere and was very social. The female dorm I stayed in was very clean and the ensuite bathroom was perfect. Best thing about the hostel was the free hot chocolate pudding and ice cream every evening! They also offer free pick up and drop off for the ferry and bus stop which was useful.

This was one of our favourite hostels after over 6 month travelling and 2 months in NZ. Friendly and homely feel in this quiet but welcoming town with beautiful walks. The only slight issue was securtiy as rooms did not have locks, although we had no issues during our stay. We LOVED THE FREE CHOCOLATE PUDDING AND ICE CREAM every night at 8pm mmmmmmm....

Nice communal vibe, friendly staff. Good kitchen facilities, great extras such as free wifi, choc pud,games, book swap & hot tub. Overall a pleasant stay however this place is let down by it's security- no lockers or even locks on doors which puts me off coming here again (a shame because this really is a lovely hostel in many other ways.) Reasonably clean but not Immaculate, lots of flies around especially in communal areas, but bed sheets were clean as were dorm rooms and bathrooms

Great environment with clean facilities. WiFi didn't work in all the rooms, if you care about that but can't complain about free wifi in the common areas with chocolate pudding every night and free shuttles to the ferry! Great and helpful staff!

• 30th Mar 2014

The staff were really friendly and welcoming which made our staff very pleasurable would definitely come again