Sequoia Lodge Backpackers

Fabulous 646 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 646 Total Reviews

16th Mar 2017

Clean and well kitted out hostel. Decent sized rooms, lockers and lock on main door at night supplied, good kitchen and clean bathrooms (could do with one more shower). Short walk to Supermarket, not that close to the port but offer bus shuttles. Hot tub and free choc pudds were fun. Host soured the visit somewhat by being too strict and uptight - 1st time ever I've had someone announce to guests you have 20mins before you need to be off the premises

16th Mar 2017
2.6

It reeked of mildew in my room (4) that I kept waking up in the middle of the night gagging. The bunks are built into the wall & my feet were practically touching the person's pillow behind me! The "pudding" was just soggy cake. The bathrooms need to be updated & are communal (no privacy). Showers were in little closets and unclean. Rooms had no locks on them (no security). Have to schedule a 30 min session to use hot tub (so weird). Furniture looked like they raided a second-hand shop.

• EwanLloyd123
  • England, All Male Group, 18-24
15th Mar 2017

This was the nicest hostel we have stayed in and you can't call it a hostel it was to nice, it was more like a big family home that had guests around. Well we got treated amazingly can't fault that. They went out there way to do things for us, I was I a group of 3 and payed for room for 6 people and the moved us in to the room for 4 so we had our own room. Free hot tub Free wifi Free chocolate pudding and ice cream the best one I have had every. If I went to picton again I would stay there:)

8th Mar 2017

Awesome atmosphere as a different hostel, cool hammocks and pool in the back to lounge. Free breakfast and the dorms I thought were clean and spacious. Only disappointed with location, as a solo traveler I was disappointed that I had to basically walk a mile to the center of town in the dark to catch my bus, no transportation options or shuttle. Otherwise great stay!

• England, Female, 18-24
7th Mar 2017
7.7

Good hostel, about twenty minutes walk from ferry terminal. Lots of cooking equipment chocolate pudding was great! A decent atmosphere was fine for one night.

6th Mar 2017

Great hostel. 10-15 min walk from harbour & main square but they offer free shuttle's to the ferry. Big and well-equipped kitchen. Rooms are a good size and beds are pretty comfy. Shower is good and wifi is strong. Didn't use infamous hot tub but dessert was good! Enough people to be social but was quite chilled when I was there (which was nice as Picton isn't a crazy place!).

• Australia, All Female Group, 41+
2nd Mar 2017

Excellent facility. Set the bar for our stays at other hostels/backpackers. Beautiful hot pool under the stars at the end of a loooonnnnnng day. Very welcoming and helpful hosts. Free pickup from ferry terminal a plus.

2nd Mar 2017

Wonderful place to stay. Very clean, homey and nice.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
25th Feb 2017

Great hostel, great chocolate pudding and the hot tub was lovely. Staff were so friendly and helpful, comfortable beds and only a short walk to the ferry terminal, or they do a free shuttle! Also not far at all from the supermarket. Really liked it here. Quiet and chilled out hostel if that's what you're looking for.

• England, Female, 31-40
24th Feb 2017

Absolutely awesome hostel and people .