Sequoia Lodge Backpackers Reviews

3a Nelson Square, Picton, New Zealand

I would really recommend this place, it was clean room and at the hostel was really good atmosphere. We had the best sleep after year, we were feeling there better than in our flat. It was the best value for money.

Lovely hostel, friendly staff, free pick up from ferry was brilliant especially as we arrived late at night and did not expect it.

Loved the chic pudding, especially after a cold day's walk. The varied communal areas is a great idea for disparate travellers

Lovely place and friendly too. Staff are great, Rachele is a gem :) Wifi seems to get maxed out in the evenings and doesn't extend to the private room. Apart from that, all groovy :)

It's a nice cozy hostel. The hot water tube is nice and free to use. the rooms are clean and good. We likes the free use of spices but moste of all the free chocolate cake!

We only stayed for one night but the hostel was really chill. Big kitchen, breakfast and wifi included! Huge plus. It was easy to get to from the ferry although the directions weren't great, we had to stop and ask at a gas station. We were tempted to stay longer just to hang out here though, as it seemed some other people were doing.

Excellent accommodation for the money, Will stay again next time in Picton.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Sequoia. Would be short of space in summer/peak season but if you're travelling in winter, you'll have no such problem. The free hot chocolate pudding every night is fantastic. The ferry pickup/dropoff system needs revision.

Warm, friendly with a good atmosphere and delicious pudding. Recommend to any traveller looking for a hostel in Picton.

Lovely little homely place!! Log fire, staff and the free chocolate and ice cream really made our stay!

Absolutely fantastic. One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Really cosy, comfortable and very clean throughout. Really friendly vibe going on. Would recommend to anyone- even if you're not planning on staying in Picton - change your plans because you should stay here!!!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great cosy atmosphere and yummy desert every night of ice cream and pudding! I highly suggest staying here while in Picton.

Sequoia Lodge is amazing! Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Such a cute, friendly and welcoming little place. I could have stayed there for a long time. Staff were amazing, the perks were incredible and the best value for money I've seen in New Zealand. Felt instantly at home thanks to the friendly and chatty staff. Lots of laughs were had. Just wish I could have stayed longer!

Awesome hostel, great pudding, very friendly staff, no problems...

• 17th Jun 2014

Great hostel. Staff were very nice, place had a comfortable, homey feel. Free wifi, breakfast, and dessert provided. Bathroom and room were very clean, heater and extra blanket provided (we visited in June). Also has off-street parking, a giant chess board and cedar hot tub. Located about five minutes away from the ferry drop off, and a few minutes' walk from everything in town. Wish we could have stayed another night! One of the best hostels we've stayed in so far (over a dozen at last count).

friendly stuff,clear and nice hostel.cheers