Sereia do Mar Hostel Paraty Reviews

Av Jabaquara 33, Paraty, Brazil

Very good location, by the beach not far away walking to the historical center and the way to get there is very pretty. Good breakfast, good facilities, about the staff, it depends on who or the mood of any, but I guess it's like this for everyone, professionals anyway. During rain season my room was floated a few times, guess there is some work to be done on that. Music and bar good, not too loud can chill and relax as well (was there low season). I recommend

Sereia do Mar Hostel is TERRIBLE. I would never recommend it for a friend or Family. I m definitly not a fancy person and I have been traveling all around the world, but this place is really dirty, there are lots of mosquitos and cockroaches. The staff is really bad and never give you the information you need, except Henrique who works in the reception and is really nice. It s also a bit far from downtown and the beach where it is located is poluted, so you cant enjoy it.

Love it so much as the staff is the one that made our time their so enjoyable that we ended up staying an extra 3 days! cheers to Sereia do Mar Hostel...love ya guys! Josee from Canada, Alberta

• 1st Dec 2012

Nice hostel on the beach and only a 15 minute walk from the historical centre.

Very nice!!!!

• 1st Nov 2012

Really enjoyed our stay here, great location, great employees- we´ll be back :)

Best part: Right on the beach! Kitchen was pretty terrible though. Wifi, showers are ok. Lockers available.

Pros: Good communal spaces. Close to the beach. Pickup/drop off from bus station. Cons: Bathrooms were dirty in ways I can't even explain. Rarely was there toilet paper. Many toilets literally wouldn't flush. Nowhere near enough bathrooms for everyone. Almost always was a line several people deep. Rooms were dark and small. They promised us 30 minutes of free kayaking, but when we went to do it they told us that the 30 free minutes was only after we had paid for the first hour. Shady as hell.

Beautiful location, like another world- right on the beach. Fantastic views. The music was a bit loud at night and the rooms had lots of mosquitos. Comfortable beds. Good breakfast and the kitchen works. 15 mins walk into town with nice views, not a problem. The pickup from the bus station is fairly impossible, but I did get a lift back which was good. Helpful staff.

Friendly staff, cool location right at the beach, tasty breakfast and excellent value for money. However, promotion for renting stuff (e.g. kayaks) and excursions and trips in the area could be more elaborate.

• 8th Aug 2012
  • Switzerland

Great location near the beach and doesn't take long to walk into town. We ate at the restaurant which had good food for good prices, and the breakfast is amazing with fresh fruit and smoothies etc.

Great beach location, but hard to get to. the free pickup is great - if you can get them to come and get you. Make sure you ask for the free call number as you need a phone card to use the public telephone. Don't trust people at the bus station as they all have an agenda and may not be really helping you. The staff are nice, especially the guy from Peru, can't remember his name. Beautiful beach view and nice breakfast with fresh juice. I'd recommend staying here.

What I really liked about the hostel was the nice breakfast with sea view and the cheap price.

Great hostel. Located across the street from a beach and a 15-20 walk from the center. Good well designed clean rooms--but matress wasn't too firm. Very helpful staff--Enrique was awesome. Really good vibe, felt at home, would definitely stay here again.

Great place but a fair walking distance from town. Great if you want to relax away from the town centre, if you are looking from proximity to downtown book elsewhere.

Great hostel, great staff. Many langages spoken(french!) and great mood. Location is a bit far away from the centre, but depending on what you plan to do it is great. To chill out, do some kayak it is really nice. Moreover, the hostel is in front of the beach you just have to cross the street. Only drawback : you cannot drink from tap water, you have to buy water. There is a supermarket 2 min away from the hostel, so it is cheap.

Amazing hostel with the best breakfeast I've had on my trip during the last 6 months. Beautiful location and nice staff that speaks that speaks english, french, portugese and spanish. I would definetly stay here again!

I spent a great week at this hotel. Traveling by myself, I met very nice people around and the staff of the hotel is amazing! Great location as on the beach. I highly recommend the hotel!!

• 11th Jun 2012

we only stay one night but it was pleasont. the dorms are ok. the bathroom was clean. It is located on the beach which was nice, nut 20 minutes of walking to the historic centre. the restaurant at the hostel is very nice, and the food is good. be careful to mosquitos though!! the night was cheap for a good prestation!

Didnt like being charged to listen to the live music and kitchen could've had a bit more cooking stuff. Otherwise great hostel and we really enjoyed our stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4