Serenata Hostel Coimbra Reviews

Largo da S� Velha 21/23, Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal

FYI: this guys don't deduce Hostelworld fee on your payment. If you are the type of person who don't go to late parties and noise is a pain, then forget this hostel. It's on the other side of the city most famous church, so you will hear the bell and it's a party zone so lots of noise during the night. It doesn't compensate the value that you pay but still, it's an "ok" hostel if you are in a hurry and you don't want to stress searching for other places.

I stayed for two nights (Tues and Wed) in October. Amenities listed on HostelWorld were not available, notably the bar, which was closed the entire time, the 24 hour reception, which closes at midnight and was hardly ever staffed during the day, and free internet access (pay to use). The hostel was practically empty while I was there, except for my room, which had 3 men who were 10+ years old than me in it. The bathroom on my floor had no doors. Staff was unfriendly and unapologetic.

Veryyy nice

• 12th Oct 2015
  • Portugal

The hostel facilities are incredibly nice, but the hostel was basically empty minus a school group. There was never anyone hanging out in the common rooms (which was unfortunate, because the common areas were so nice), and I never really saw many other travelers except during the breakfast. Perhaps I just went at a bad time, but the atmosphere was just nonexistent. Despite that though, the actual hostel itself was very lovely!

Excellent location in heart of Coimbra and very friendly staff

• 17th Sep 2015
  • Lebanon

Really nice and cool staff, the best location, very very clean and great breakfast with warm bread. You can sleep or you can party. Everithing is possibile with such a great staff and atmosphere.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • Slovenia

Great hostel really convenient for the centre of Coimbra. Everything was clean, staff very helpful and let us keep our luggage in a storage area even after we'd checked out. Breakfast simple but good.

The location is unbeatable! The stately building looks nothing like a typical hostel, which is quite amazing.

just perfect. good location,splendid building and very clean facilities. highly recommend.

Nice big hostel with good breakfast and the perfect location to explore Coimbra. Started my Erasmus semester here to look for apartments. Staff was helpful at all times. If you don't like stairs, you won't like this hostel - to get to the common bathroom I had to walk 2 levels - but I guess Coimbra without stairs wouldn't be Coimbra (see Rua Quebra Costas). Looking forward to coming here again!

Amazing "hotel-like" hostel. Facilities are all super modern and you definitely get your monies worth. Hostel was a bit quiet but I was still able to meet a handful of great travelers.

Serenata Hostel is a beautiful hostel with a great location, when you wanna stay in the town for a few days and want to see a lot of the city!