Serenata Hostel Coimbra Reviews

Largo da S� Velha 21/23, Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal

This is the best looking hostel ever! So nice! Perfect location, however students sometimes party just outside hostel and may get to noisy for some persons.

Kitchen definitely lacks in organization and supplies. The bunk beds are extra large and pretty comfy. Location is far from the bus station, but close to the University and cathedral. The bus station in itself is outside the city walls and at the bottom of the hill. I recommend taking a taxi upon arrival and then just walking to the bus station when you leave. About 5 euros to get there I think. Very clean, good # of toilets/showers. Didn't get a chance to try the walking tour.

As everyone says, this hostel is a modern and even luxurious one, renovated from a historical relics with modern and brand new facilities, so it's great value for money. Location is perfect, if you don't mind exercise a bit on the stairs everyday, but then you've got the view of the Cathedral. The only small issue is a bit lack of atmosphere. The staff are friendly and helpful, though more in a way of running business, but I wouldn't mind that much given all the benefits of this place.

Nice hostel. Maybe a bit too big for the number of people who stay? So many common areas it's hard to fill them. But good facilities, great location and staff. I would return.

Great hostel! Liked the interior very much, cozy beds with some privacy, plug and bed light! Nicest bathrooms I have seen in a hostel.

This is a really excellent hostel. I was so impressed with everything. Style, facilities, cleanliness, everything.

pretty basic hostel, nothing worthy of mentioning other than the odd choice of frosted glass cubicles (for showers and toilets) in the unisex bathroom.

it's perfect form every point of view. from the atmosphere to the guys that work there. Just come here

The perfect place to spent few days in Coimbra. A beautiful place in the center of the city very clean, equipped!

• 17th Aug 2014

Very clean and beautiful. You wouldn't think you are in a hostel at first glance! Lots of nice communal areas. Dead in the centre of town. Walk to everything (up and down the step hill of the city). Very close to the university. Amazingly helpful staff, gave me a map and pointed out everything I might want to see, answered all my questions, and let me store my bag for hours both before and after my stay. Highly recommend.

Terrific hostel. A little loud in the streets outside at night, but sound proof Windows do a good job of keeping it quiet. A truly unique and awesome building.

We werd really impressed about the building. The renovation is done very beautifully andere the rooms are very impressive. The showers and toilets are comparable to a 4 star hotel!

Excellent location, excellent staff. Would stay there again.

A decent hostel in a beautiful building next to the old cathedral in Coimbra. The hostel is within walking distance of all of the attractions of Coimbra. Breakfast was average, but facilities were good and staff were friendly.

The room was clean and the building is magnifienctly decorated. However, I got really ill one night and the personal didn't help me at all, even when I asked for translations to go to a pharmacy.

This hostel is simply amazing! It looked likuile a 5 star HOTEL! The interior is extremelly well decorated and the building has lots of facilities. If I'm coming back to Coimbra I'll have no doubt about where to stay!

Beautiful hostel in a beautiful spot! Loads of common areas and helpful, friendly staff.

Really nice hostel in a great location for exploring Coimbra. There was a slight smell of drains in our room but I realised that this was coming from up the road and is probably out of the hostel's control and it wasn't too bad. Staff were friendly and efficient and the hostel had everything you need.

Excellent hostel with comfortable bed and bathroom. Situated just next to the main spots. One thing is that the staff was not so welcoming...

Excellent Hostel. The best one I've been so far.

« first « Prev 1 2 3