Serenata Hostel Coimbra Reviews

Largo da S� Velha 21/23, Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal

The hostel is literally in the top of a hill so its really tiring getting there. Wifi works just ok. Staff dont care much about the guests. The showers are awful, cause when someone is showering, all the water flows from below the door to all the bathroom. So if someone is using the toilet or brushing teeth/etc. will get their feet wet. Beds are cool. Breakfast is good.

Everything's great. I specially loved those warm breads for breakfast.

Bathroom's doors are hard to open. Toothbrush, shampoo, ... are not provided. Chairs in the computer room are not comfortable.

Great location

Clean and good price for perfect location in Coimbra

Beautiful building, despite the stairs! Very well located, clean and very nice staff. Recommended!!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

I just stay for one night there, it's a nice place and have a beautiful view. good breakfast, good beds, good staff

Great hostel! Very well located! My friends and I were put into a better room than we booked, without asking and without any cost more! Best breakfast I've made in my entire trip (I went through 10 hostels). Recommend! ------------------------ Ótimo hostel! Muito bem localizado! Eu e meus amigos fomos colocado em um quarto melhor do que o que reservamos, sem pedir e sem nenhum custo a mais! Melhor café da manhã que tomei em toda a minha viagem(passei por 10 hostels). Recomendo e retornaria!

Beautiful hostel extremely well situated. Brand new showers. Low price. One good thing to know: beware if you come with a car, you'll need to park quite far away.

Very nice hostels, comfortable beds and bathrooms. People are very friendly. No lift in the building, but ask reception man Pedro to take your luggage upstairs and he will do free of charge ;-) Will come back in case of returning to Coimbra!

A great Hostel in a beautiful building. Nice and central location. Not many people were at the hostel when I was there so that's why I'm rating the atmosphere as average. The staff were helpful and friendly

Nicest hostel I have ever seen and it's right in the same square as the cathedral. Very spacious dorm room and the whole hotel is new and renovated with every detail showing the quality of a nice hotel. Breakfast was way better than any other hostel I stayed in as well. Most of the rooms are private like a normal hotel and I saw room prices for 60 and 80 euros. Incredible value for this accommodation I think I paid only 16 euros.

Very quite, Very big almost a luxury hostel really. Felt like a hote,. Some annoying things like you had to put your key in the slot for the electricity to work so you can;t charge things whilst you are out of the room. The kitchen is more for show than practical use. The bathrooms are a bit strange. I would stay again but just don't expect any great lively events in this hostel despite how clean cut and nice it is.

When my friend and I first got to this hostel, we thought we were at the wrong place. It looks like a luxurious hotel… it is very nice, but it is definitely not a hostel atmosphere. Showers were great, breakfast was good (but the kitchen is tiny compared to the rest of the hostel). People were a little older too; so there was no loud music during the night or anything. The hostel couldn't be located at a better spot tho, so that was really great. If I were on a romantic getaway, I would go back.

Very clean hostel, and good bed, I enjoyed my stay there!

Serenata was a great hostel. Really good breakfast and good bunks with personal lights and outlets. Prime location but loud at night it's right next to a few bars

A beautiful hostel. perfect for if you want to relax. There wasnt much of an atmosphere when i was there as the hostel was quite empty. The staff are also very nice and helpful but a little shy. If they were more outgoing the atmosphere might be better?

The guy in the room next to us who shared our bathroom kept peeing on the floor in the shared bathroom and the sink did not work very well.

Best location in town and the hostel is super clean! Also they have a good free breakfast and huge rooms...Definetly would recommend it

The hostel was awesome - beautiful building, great rooms, I had an amazing view from my little balcony. Very clean. Huge common rooms, a nice terrace. The kitchen was too small though, only one pot and pan so you had to wait if anyone else was cooking. I was travelling alone, off-season, and it was hard to meet other travellers, no one seemed too communicative. Staff was very helpful though. If you're travelling in a group I would totally recommend this place.