Serenata Hostel Coimbra Reviews

Largo da S� Velha 21/23, Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal

The facilities of the hostel plus its breakfast are unbelievable for the price!! The facilities are in my top 3 of the whole hostels that I've stayed. It's the best location to go partying! Tuesdays and thursdays are the best days to go out at night! =)

Very convenient place, right down in the middle of old town. Two downsides: 1: it's really a hassle to find parking. 2: We had students partying below our window from midnight till early morning which made it a sleepless night for us.

Great facilities in a beautiful building. It's right next to the university so it's hard to beat the location. It just wasn't the busiest place and maybe not the best hostel to meet new people but that could have just been because Coimbra isnt a hugely popular destination.

guys from the staff are really nice, the rooms are clean and big. fancy hostel with a good common area. beautiful house in the old town. beside a nice old church in the top of the hill. a lot of stairs to get there but it's worth it!

The location is just amazing! It was a little adventure to drive with our car through these tiny little roads in the center but we made it. Be careful! The hostel is nice and although we just stayed one night, we enjoyed it. Our room was huge and we loved the interior design and the extra towel :)

It's rare to find this kind of excellence. Perfect location, amazing facilities, organized activities, all this inside a beautiful restored building, that used to be the first maternity unit of the university hospital of coimbra (all the beauty ob the past was preserved, but restored with all the modern commodities). Be aware that all the city is in a hill so, heavy luggage take a taxi or sweat. Owned by proud locals that really care for the place. 5 stars hostel.

A very good hostel.The only thing I would say isthat if I observed well there is one shower and one toilet per gender and per floor and although forme in winter it was not a problem, it might reveal unpleasant when the place gets full. For the rest : perfect.

There are a few ants in the room and kitchen. The ceiling is so high and that's nice but there's a few demerits. When somebody walks along the stairs or takes a shower u get to wake up because whole building is ringing.

Impressive, the best hostel in our trip. Advantages: the aesthetics, the automatic lights, the card key system, the emplacement, the equipment for internet access in the spare time room, the kitchen and the conveniences there, the breakfast and especially the taste of the marmelade, the [hidden] narrativity of the walls' writtings, the hair dryer in the bath, the comfortable couches, the price, the bed. Weak points: thin doors provide low protection against sounds at night. Low light in room.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Spain

The hostel is beautiful and accomodation is very nice (we chose the room with 4 beds). Luggage: pack light, it does not have elevators, get to the last floor can not be too easy. The breakfast was pretty nice with great selecion of the food. Bathrooms could be more clean and wi-fi was a bit slow. But in general, Serenata is a good hostel and well located (from the train station it will cost about €8 by taxi to get there).

The location is great and the facilities are really comfortable. The breakfast is good. I just stayed there for one night, and it was nice. I recommend it.

ONE of the Best hostes I've ever stayed in!

An average size hostel in the heart of Coimbra, right next to the cathedral, close to the student area... Friendly, helpful, English-speaking staff. Our room (double) was well kept, with air conditioner, towels... Kitchen: rather small but satisfying, with standard equipment. For what it's worth, just like almost every hostel/house in Portugal, serenata can get rather cold in the winter.

The sink of the 3rd floor did not have hot water. It's not a big deal, but the water can be very cold. The shower was very confortable. It was the best shower I had during my whole stay in Portugal.

Increadibly clean and nice place to stay in the very center of the city. Recomended!

The hostel looks more like a hotel, it is really magnificent with its sweeping staircases and inscriptions. The rooms are all named and everything seems very modern and well-equipped - there's even a reading room!

The hostel is next to the cathedral. If you leave it, you are right in the center of coimbra.. Everythring is new and well-maintained. I got a lot of advices for my visit at the reception. To turn a rooms light and the power plugs next to your bed you have to put your keycard into a reader near to the door. This was a little bit irritating.

While I was here, I was given a room upgrade to a private room, since I was the only one staying. The room was clean, comfortable, and had a fantastic view. Definitely well worth the money to stay here...such a beautiful place!

• 15th Nov 2013

great hostet. helpful staff. helped me to check the trains and all. close to the university but one thing it is almost on the top of the hill which is the center of the old town part. so from the bus station is all the way up. but still great.

Average hostel, mostly because we stayed on a probably new extension of it, which is in an uninteresting building that makes the room feels a bit like a cell. If you do want to stay at this hostel, ask for the main building which really looked very beautiful. Be advised that the hostel is adjacent to a bar, which closes at 3.30 am (until then expect music and crowds partying under the window).