Serenata Hostel Coimbra Reviews

Largo da S� Velha 21/23, Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal

The hostel was verry good but for me a little bit too much. I suggest it for who looks peace. If you want to keet people and hang out maybe is not the right place...

The rooms are fantastic and also the cleanliness, even though there is a strange smell around the reception and stairs. The decoration is also lovely. The locations is pretty good as well, as many of the sightseeing are in the highest part of the city as well as the hostel.

Thank you very much for your comment Mariana :D We are glad that you enjoyed your stay! The smell comes from outside and we can't do nothing against it. Hope to see you here again :)

Overall a pleasant stay. Just a bit quiet for my liking. No activities on offer when we stayed. The staff were helpful.

Thanks for the words Andree! We understand your point of view, but in low season we have no capacity to organize pubcrawls or guided tours. Hope to see you here again :)

Nice hostel close to the attractions. Good facilities as well and nice themes for each floor. Good breakfast as well!

Thanks for your words RIchard :) We are glad that you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you here again!

Serenata hostel was a great place to stay for a night. The bed was comfortable. The hostel is very close to everything, so it has a great position.

Thanks for the words Nannan :) Hope you liked it! Safe travels :)

The one toilet on the top floor where we were staying was quite dirty and constantly without toilet paper. But the big question is: who on earth designed the bathrooms? The sink is super small and most of it is covered by the huge faucet, so that most people spit on the faucet or out of the sink when brushing their teeth, you can imagine what it looks like. Half-way see-through shower/toilet walls in a mixed bathroom are another great feature :/

Nice hostel. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm and it was very spacious and no bunkbeds :-) Breakfast was good and they have a kitchen you can use to cook your own meal. Staff was friendly. Only thing I didn't like was the bathrooms because of the glass (see other comments). But in the end this is definitely a place I would recommend staying when visiting Coimbra. PS. Location is superb but would recommend taking a taxi from bus/trainstation if you have heavy luggage. Lots of stairs.

this hostel Is BEAUTIFUL!!! the only problem is that the toilet stalls have translucent glass in between the two toilets, which means while you can't see everything, you can see more than you want. I didn't like being able to see the guy next me doing his business on the toilet. other than that best hostel ever

Thanks for you review Andrew :) Your point of view is welcome to us, to improve in the future. We will keep that in mind. Safe travels!

The room I had was welcoming and bright and gave a beautiful view onto the historic buildings in front. The shower was great! Within the heart of Coimbra, I was able to get a good feel for the city; but walking from the bus station I needed to carry my bags up steep steps to reach the street of the hostel. It was very much worth it in my opinion but with lots of luggage that walk is not for everyon so id recommend taking a taxi... The staff were friendly and helpful and the hostel was peaceful.

Thank you very much for the kind words Roisin :) As you have seen, Coimbra is the city of the hills, always up and down. But it is unique :) Hope to see you here again!

Serenata Hostel was a great place to stay for a night. The beds were comfortable and they have a ton of nice showers. The atmosphere while we were there was quiet but, if you're looking for fun, the hostel is very close to a number of bars popular with the local students. And like everywhere in Coimbra get used to climbing stairs. They have three floors but no elevator. Fine for most but if you have mobility issues it could be a problem.

Thanks for the words Constance :) It is very nice to us to read that! Hope to see you again.

Different kind of hostel, more like a hotel. But still it was a nice place to stay, the people I've met where great and I had a great time. Nice city, friendly people, enough to see. The wifi connection in the hostel is not good, I had to enter the code again and again.

Great hostel, super cheap, location perfect. Atmosphere was not great, but we were there out of season so it was pretty much just us.

Good hostel. Nothing special about it. No activities. But good and clean place.

one of the best hostals in which I have stay in Portugal and overall

Thank you for your kind words Santiago! Hope to see you soon! Safe travels :)

You really couldn't wish for a better location right in the center of Coimbra. It's a very beautiful monumental building which is well kept. The breakfast is quite decent and the sanitary facilities look quite good, though they weren't always very clean. The main gripe I had was that it was very quit. Nothing of note was going on and interacting with other guests didn't go very well. Also, there was little social interaction with the staff. Maybe it was the time of the year though.

Thank you for your words Meindert. During the low season we are not so busy and we understand your point. Come back during the Summer and you will experience a completely different atmosphere :) Safe travels :)

Very secure, great breakfast, its close to everything, although it was at the highest place of the city, so you have to walk up the hill a lot before getting there. But the staff at late afternoon/night wasn't friendly at all, and the internet wireless was very weak.

We stayed for one night. Great stay, room was a good size and well set up with lighting, furniture, power sockets etc. Friendly staff, good breakfast, there was only one toilet and shower on our floor which wasn't a problem in the low season but could get busy in summer. Loved the way the building was decorated with reference to its former use. Location is very good in the centre near the university and museums, with parking a short walk up the hill. Would happily stay here again.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Such lovely words :) Hope to see you here again Alice! Safe travels!

Location couldn't be better! The hostel is close to everything, the staff is really helpful, the bedroom was really clean and spaceous! I don't have any bad things about this hostel.

Thank you for your words Bárbara! We hope to see you here again :) Safe travels!

Excellent hostel . all refurbished, Good beds, good bathroom and the breakfast is also nice

Thanks for your review Luís :) Hope to see you here again! Safe travels!

The hostel is great: Excellent location, good breakfast, clean and spacious bathroom facilities. However the internet is really confusing and slow and the staff could show the guests around at the time of the check-in.