Serenata Hostel Coimbra Reviews

Largo da S� Velha 21/23, Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal

Not really a hostel but clean, very good facilities and very good breakfast. No place to socialize and the reception is lacking. Good enough for one night.

This was hotel-quality accommodations for hostel price. Their wifi was incredibly bad, their staff didn't help much but the rooms and the view made up for it.

One of the best hostel ive ever had.

The prettiest hostel I have ever seen! Great location, close to everything. However lots could be improved. For exemple, there were piles of trash under my bed when I got there. Big piles! Also they ripped me off on laundry. Most of the staff barely spoke English as well. The welcome could also have been better. Most hostels give you a tour, explain the map, and give tips. For me I got here is your key, your room is on the first floor, and that was it! I understand its a new hostel though.

Huge normal hostel in the old town of Coimbra. Excellent location to visit the university. Clean place.

Great facilities and location. The staff was very helpful. It's definitely not a place to go party, it feels a lot more like a hotel than a hostel. That being said, it's still a pretty solid choice.

Thank you very much for your review :) Safe travels!

I've stayed at a lot of hostels throughout Europe and this is in my top 5 or 10. It is top notch because of a few things. Maybe the most spacious hostel I've ever been to. Impeccably clean, modern and great location. Highly recommend. FYI wasn't a party atmosphere but it was nice to relax.

Thank you very much for your review Chris! :D We are very glad to read it! See you soon! Safe travels!

Good hostel next door to the old church. Old details are beautifully maintained, look at the ceilings! The place is very clean and bathrooms are very modern. I would definitely recommend this place to others!

Thank you so much for your review Jody :) We are very glad to read it. Safe travels!

Excellent value for money, great location, incredibly comfy beds. Hostel is beautifully decorated.

Thanks for the review Lorenz :) Hope you liked it! Safe travels!

Beautiful, spacious, and extra clean! Staff was very accommodating and happy to answer questions. A bit quiet as there was never much going on in the common areas and not many activities offered through the hostel, so be prepared to have your own agenda.

Thank you very much for your kind words Marcia :) Now that the high season is open, we have a better atmosphere at the hostel. Safe travels :)

The hostel was verry good but for me a little bit too much. I suggest it for who looks peace. If you want to keet people and hang out maybe is not the right place...

Thank you for the words Silvia :) During low season, the atmosphere at the hostel is a little bit down, but when Queima das Fitas and Summer comes, it changes a lot! You have to experience it another time. Safe travels !

The rooms are fantastic and also the cleanliness, even though there is a strange smell around the reception and stairs. The decoration is also lovely. The locations is pretty good as well, as many of the sightseeing are in the highest part of the city as well as the hostel.

Thank you very much for your comment Mariana :D We are glad that you enjoyed your stay! The smell comes from outside and we can't do nothing against it. Hope to see you here again :)

Overall a pleasant stay. Just a bit quiet for my liking. No activities on offer when we stayed. The staff were helpful.

Thanks for the words Andree! We understand your point of view, but in low season we have no capacity to organize pubcrawls or guided tours. Hope to see you here again :)

Nice hostel close to the attractions. Good facilities as well and nice themes for each floor. Good breakfast as well!

Thanks for your words RIchard :) We are glad that you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you here again!

Serenata hostel was a great place to stay for a night. The bed was comfortable. The hostel is very close to everything, so it has a great position.

Thanks for the words Nannan :) Hope you liked it! Safe travels :)

The one toilet on the top floor where we were staying was quite dirty and constantly without toilet paper. But the big question is: who on earth designed the bathrooms? The sink is super small and most of it is covered by the huge faucet, so that most people spit on the faucet or out of the sink when brushing their teeth, you can imagine what it looks like. Half-way see-through shower/toilet walls in a mixed bathroom are another great feature :/

Nice hostel. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm and it was very spacious and no bunkbeds :-) Breakfast was good and they have a kitchen you can use to cook your own meal. Staff was friendly. Only thing I didn't like was the bathrooms because of the glass (see other comments). But in the end this is definitely a place I would recommend staying when visiting Coimbra. PS. Location is superb but would recommend taking a taxi from bus/trainstation if you have heavy luggage. Lots of stairs.

It is so nice to read your kind words Anneruth :D We understand your point with the bathrooms and we will try to change it as soon as possible. And the stairs are part of Coimbra, to keep our guest fit :) Safe travels and hope to see you again!

this hostel Is BEAUTIFUL!!! the only problem is that the toilet stalls have translucent glass in between the two toilets, which means while you can't see everything, you can see more than you want. I didn't like being able to see the guy next me doing his business on the toilet. other than that best hostel ever

Thanks for you review Andrew :) Your point of view is welcome to us, to improve in the future. We will keep that in mind. Safe travels!

The room I had was welcoming and bright and gave a beautiful view onto the historic buildings in front. The shower was great! Within the heart of Coimbra, I was able to get a good feel for the city; but walking from the bus station I needed to carry my bags up steep steps to reach the street of the hostel. It was very much worth it in my opinion but with lots of luggage that walk is not for everyon so id recommend taking a taxi... The staff were friendly and helpful and the hostel was peaceful.

Thank you very much for the kind words Roisin :) As you have seen, Coimbra is the city of the hills, always up and down. But it is unique :) Hope to see you here again!

Serenata Hostel was a great place to stay for a night. The beds were comfortable and they have a ton of nice showers. The atmosphere while we were there was quiet but, if you're looking for fun, the hostel is very close to a number of bars popular with the local students. And like everywhere in Coimbra get used to climbing stairs. They have three floors but no elevator. Fine for most but if you have mobility issues it could be a problem.

Thanks for the words Constance :) It is very nice to us to read that! Hope to see you again.