Serenata Hostel Coimbra Reviews

Largo da S� Velha 21/23, Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal

The one toilet on the top floor where we were staying was quite dirty and constantly without toilet paper. But the big question is: who on earth designed the bathrooms? The sink is super small and most of it is covered by the huge faucet, so that most people spit on the faucet or out of the sink when brushing their teeth, you can imagine what it looks like. Half-way see-through shower/toilet walls in a mixed bathroom are another great feature :/

Nice hostel. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm and it was very spacious and no bunkbeds :-) Breakfast was good and they have a kitchen you can use to cook your own meal. Staff was friendly. Only thing I didn't like was the bathrooms because of the glass (see other comments). But in the end this is definitely a place I would recommend staying when visiting Coimbra. PS. Location is superb but would recommend taking a taxi from bus/trainstation if you have heavy luggage. Lots of stairs.

It is so nice to read your kind words Anneruth :D We understand your point with the bathrooms and we will try to change it as soon as possible. And the stairs are part of Coimbra, to keep our guest fit :) Safe travels and hope to see you again!

this hostel Is BEAUTIFUL!!! the only problem is that the toilet stalls have translucent glass in between the two toilets, which means while you can't see everything, you can see more than you want. I didn't like being able to see the guy next me doing his business on the toilet. other than that best hostel ever

Thanks for you review Andrew :) Your point of view is welcome to us, to improve in the future. We will keep that in mind. Safe travels!

The room I had was welcoming and bright and gave a beautiful view onto the historic buildings in front. The shower was great! Within the heart of Coimbra, I was able to get a good feel for the city; but walking from the bus station I needed to carry my bags up steep steps to reach the street of the hostel. It was very much worth it in my opinion but with lots of luggage that walk is not for everyon so id recommend taking a taxi... The staff were friendly and helpful and the hostel was peaceful.

Thank you very much for the kind words Roisin :) As you have seen, Coimbra is the city of the hills, always up and down. But it is unique :) Hope to see you here again!

Serenata Hostel was a great place to stay for a night. The beds were comfortable and they have a ton of nice showers. The atmosphere while we were there was quiet but, if you're looking for fun, the hostel is very close to a number of bars popular with the local students. And like everywhere in Coimbra get used to climbing stairs. They have three floors but no elevator. Fine for most but if you have mobility issues it could be a problem.

Thanks for the words Constance :) It is very nice to us to read that! Hope to see you again.

1 2 Next » last »