Serendipity Beach Hostel

• gascoigne
  • England, Female, 25-30
11th May 2017
6.9

Definitely didn't look like the pictures.. but perfect for one night before heading to koh rong

• Germany, Male, 18-24
30th Apr 2017
7.7

Great price and location nice staff Toilets were very dirty in the morning :( Haven't seen a common area to meet other travellers

17th Apr 2017
6.9

Rooms were clean but bathrooms were dismal.

9th Apr 2017
7.7

Lockers are near the front desk. Dorms are less roomie when full due to packs. 12 bed dorm is on the third floor with bathrooms a walk towards the entrance. Top bunks are extremely shakey... but bathrooms are cleaned daily. Two min walk from dirty beach front.

• Finland, Female, 18-24
4th Apr 2017
4.6

I stayed here for 2 nights in a 8 bed dorm. The hostel was cheap and looked nice and all. On my second night i felt something in my feet and when i moved something, what appears to be A RAT, bit me. In my own bed. While i was sleeping. I freaked out a bit and went to the reception who told me "don't worry it was only a rat." So i changed rooms for the night and got my $3 back. The staff was more like laughing at me than was being helpful. Wouldn't stay again.

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Mar 2017

Excellent location (just a couple of minutes walk from Serendipty beach) and probably the cheapest hostel in the area. Plenty of mini marts, restaurants and stalls nearby, and about 25 minutes' walk to a bustling market in the Khmer part of town. Nice area with hammocks and chairs at the hostel. Only downside was the room was up two flights of stairs and the bathrooms were downstairs!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
7th Mar 2017
3.7

I found a bunch of bed bug shells on my bed, went to the reception, they didn't do anything about it, told me it was my fault. Rude. Later on that night my friend (who was on the opposite side of the room) discovered a bed bug in his bed, and the guy in the bed underneath me got bit by a bunch so badly that he was bleeding. We ended up having to sleep outside in the cold. Staff was incredibly rude and wouldn't give a refund even though I had to sleep outside. Place should get shut down, it's dis

• pwilliamson222
  • Canada, Couple, 31-40
5th Mar 2017
4.0

What a disgusting place. Room was a dump. Holes in the bedding. Stains on the walls and ceiling. People smoking drugs in the common areas. Doesnt look anything like the photos.

• bea675
  • Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
4th Mar 2017
7.4

Clean, comfortable dorm beds. Air conditioning works well. Lockers are by reception so if you are on an upper floor it is a hike to go to your valuables. Some of the lockers felt like you could break into them. Staff were lovely and friendly, and had 24 hour receptionist. Bathrooms were average, again on the bottom floor so lots of stairs. There is an area where people were hanging out in hammocks, the wifi was better there (bad in rooms). Overall a cheap hostel with relatively good facilities!

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
3rd Mar 2017
2.0

I was bitten by a mouse in my sleep at this hostel. The owners took no responsibility and had no remorse. I have now had to pay a lot of money for rabies jabs. They even said: "even if you died here, we would not be responsible". Not only that but the hostel is extremely hot and an uncomfortable nights sleep. DO NOT STAY HERE.