Serenity Hostels Reviews

20 Jalan Changkat, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Honestly, I was disappointed to have stayed in this hostel. My sister was the one who recommended this hostel because she and her friend stayed in this hostel last year and it was quite good at that time. But when we stayed there in August 2015, my sister was also shocked with how things have changed since the son of the owner took over the management. All the bathrooms were broken and very dirty. The hostel also looked run down. It would be my first and also last stay ever in this hostel!

The hosts is right over a bar... It's very loud till 3am. The showers and bathrooms aren't really clean. But the location and value for the price is great. I wouldn't go there again but for 2 nights it was ok.

The bathrooms and the shower are not in good conditions. The air condition is without remote control, so you can just turn on/off and the air is freezing you if you are sleeping in the upper bed of the bunk.

Management needs to be more strict in terms of noise levels. My room had people coming and going all the time, whether it was very late or very early. It was too noisy and sleep was near impossible.

My room was full of creepy local guys, if I was a girl I would 100% not feel safe. Also, booked a bus with them at 3:15am to catch my 06:00am flight - they said I would get there with plenty of time to spare. Boy were they wrong! I had to scrap the bus (already bought the ticket, no refund of course) and pay a cab driver to drive as fast as he could to the airport. Now that guy deserves a 10/10 rating. Not so much these guys.

I stayed here because a friend recommended it. The staff were very friendly here and the location was good. It is on a street with bars with great drinks deals (especially the free drinks on ladies night) so it can get a bit noisy outside at night. I had ear plugs and slept fine. The facilities are okay, average, and the people were friendly. The free breakfast was good, but the toaster broke, hopefully they got a new one!

The hostel is really comfy and safe. Perfect location and really close to China town and all the nightlife. The owner was really friendly and went out of his way to make sure we had the best stay. Would definitely stay there again.

The staff were amazing! But the conditions at the hostel were very poor. Would benefit from proofing to help keep the noise of the many bars and clubs downstairs out.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels