Serenity Hostels Reviews

20 Jalan Changkat, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

My room was full of creepy local guys, if I was a girl I would 100% not feel safe. Also, booked a bus with them at 3:15am to catch my 06:00am flight - they said I would get there with plenty of time to spare. Boy were they wrong! I had to scrap the bus (already bought the ticket, no refund of course) and pay a cab driver to drive as fast as he could to the airport. Now that guy deserves a 10/10 rating. Not so much these guys.

The hostel is really comfy and safe. Perfect location and really close to China town and all the nightlife. The owner was really friendly and went out of his way to make sure we had the best stay. Would definitely stay there again.

The staff were amazing! But the conditions at the hostel were very poor. Would benefit from proofing to help keep the noise of the many bars and clubs downstairs out.

This hostel is very basic, there aren't very many plugs in the rooms so trying to charge anything is difficult. There is mould everywhere and the staff looked fed up. It was quite noisy at night but then again was very cheap. The location was very good but I wouldn't stay here again.

An odd place. I felt like I was the only one there when I was around during the day. I guess it was just a quiet time to visit KL in February. Value for money, comfy beds and the place is quiet. location is fantastic.

Staff answered questions very clearly, explained things well and were very accommodating. The hot water didn't always work which was fine in this heat and several of the toilets were difficult to flush.

• 6th Feb 2015

Location is very ideal. Its just a few minutes walk to the monorail. And if you want to go to the Petronas, just stand infront mcdonalds (few minutes walk from the hostel), there are GoKL that passes in there. These are buses that will take you to the tower and other places for FREE. Also, the streets at night around the hostel becomes alive. Bars, eateries and stuff are all there.

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Philippines

Good location since it is at the center of malls, bars and KLCC. We loved the filipina staff, Janette because she assisted us very well during our stay. She was friendly and even suggested some places we can go to. The building though needs some renovation. And maybe could add more showers and sink. The place is recommended for backpackers and group travellers who has tight budgets.

• 27th Jan 2015