Service World Chinatown (Chin Swee) Hostel Reviews

Block 52, Chin Swee Road, #02-33, Singapore, Singapore

Nice clean hostel handy to food halls & a 24hour supermarket on the ground floor,the owner Andrew was very helpful.

• 5th Oct 2015

Very small hostel near Chinatown MRT. When I arrived I had trouble getting in, as the door to the reception on the 2nd floor was locked and no one answered the phone. Found some people near the entrance on the 3rd floor who welcomed me in. Everyone I met was friendly. The bed in the dorm was comfortable and there was AC. There was only one bathroom, which is not enough as it got crowded in the morning. Good place to crash, but I would not stay there for more than one night.

Mediocre place to stay for cheap on a quick stopover. Good location, although signage could be better. As for the hostel itself, it was a tiny apartment with bunk beds and a tinier bathroom. Apparently there were more facilities in a separate apartment above ours, but it wasn't mentioned to us. The staff showed us how open the door and then disappeared for the rest of our stay. Also, blasting the A/C at full power while only providing super thin sheets meant we had to dress up to avoid freezing!

The guest paid $33.00 SGD for 2 persons. He knew he was checking into a budget dormitory. At least, he admitted that the room was super cool, but it was surprising he did not know how to use the Aircon remote controller. The WIFI is fibre optics at 1000 mbps, and there was a fridge and washing machine for his use. What else does he expect to get in a budget backpackers hostel than these?