Sevilla Dream Hostel Reviews

Calle Pascual de Gayangos 32, Seville, Spain

This place is like our second home. They make you feel like you're part of the family there and that you 'CAME BACK FROM VACATION' and have now returned.

• 26th Jan 2016
  • RCMEDRANO7496

I wouldn't recommend this hostel. For the price I expected better, given that it's a little out of the centre. When I arrived the dirty sheets used by the last people were still on the beds. The receptionist took them off while I was standing there and left them on a chair in the room. The bathroom was basic and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned recently. There were 2 lockers and 2 sockets in my 6-bed room. Some rooms share bathrooms and can be accessed through the bathroom without a key.

Although the hostel itself was pretty average, what really put me off was when I arrived at 7:30am after taking a night bus from Madrid, hoping to just sit in a corner until a more decent time, and was instead kicked out of the hostel into the dark and cold early morning, with no clue of what to do, and no suggestions of where to go. The atmosphere was pretty laid back, and the location is quite central, but I would only go back if it was a last resort.

• 5th Dec 2015

Such a warm welcome at this hostel :D very nice atmosphere, really good kitchen, and a beautiful place in general.

Overall just had a very negative experience at this hostel. They clearly were overbooked and did not have a bed available for me. Since I was pressed for time to make it to an event, I was told by the time I would arrive everything would be sorted; however, when I returned and asked reception, no one was even aware of my situation and was treated like a madman. Then there was the fact the room was under repair, and my bed and belongings were moved to paint the chipping paint on the wall.

Staff very friendly and knowledgeable about the city, the location is also good: 5 min walking from bus station and city center and less than 15 min from the Cathedral. Everything was clean and in good conditions and, as far as I am concerned, I would definitely stay here again. Maybe the common areas may be organized more lively, f.e. with more lights and music, etc., but I know the atmosphere doesn't depend entirely on the hostel. That said, the quality/cost of Sevilla Dream can't be achieved!

1 shower/bath for 30 people is maybe not ideal...

• 23rd Oct 2015

The hostel is located 5-15min walk from the main attractions and placed in a quiet neighbourhood. If you walk to the oposite direction of the center youll find cheap tapasbars where the locals hang out. Bruno in the reception is probably the main attraction of this hostel, really nice guy! I appreciate that I could arrive 6am and leave my luggage in the reception before check in! The only negative aspect of my stay was the condition of the shared bathrooms - they were tiny and dirty! Overall OK

Warming welcoming. Amazing hostel for a reasonable price. Perfect atmosphere. Huge living room and kitchen with an amazing local and Spanish style :)

Absolutely loved staying here! Lovely staff, good facilities and a really comfortable stay. Good common areas for meeting people, good kitchen. The staff were really friendly and helpful with pointing things out on the map and answering our questions. About 20 minute walk into the centre but less than 10 minute walk to good, affordable bar and cafe areas. In the short time I stayed here I have met so many new friends and had a lot of fun. I will definitely come back :)

Overall a fantastic stay. There was always a puddle on the floor because of the shower set up. that would be my only real complaint

The distance of this hostel is ( based on my experience ) 10 minutes walk from the city center ( Plaza deal Duque ) where you can get a public transport ( bus ). The only complaint I have is just the doors in this hostel ( all the doors in all rooms ), they are annoying because when people open or close the door even when they do it slowly is was still sound loud "braaak braaak" ( sounds that way ).

Great hostel, very clean and the staff were really friendly and helpful. Good kitchen and nice communal areas. Was in a private room and the air con was brilliant for the scorching Sevilla summer! Thank you!

The receptionist wasn't helpful at all. We wanted to pay separately in cash and he didn't have change, so we asked him to pay all together with the credit card and the system didn't work, so I had to go out at 11 pm to find an ATM. The room was large but the air conditioning wasn't working so we slept terribly because of how hot it was in the room. The common bathroom was small and dirty.

• 8th Aug 2015

Hi Chiara it me Bruno. I am really sorry for that , i did not know that, I have already talk to staff not to repeat that again. you guys could pay the next day. Chiara i ask please if you can reconsider to put a better rating :) we are struggling to get better. In compasation you come here for a weekend free ;) saludos Bruno Gameiro SevillaDream