Sexy Tractor Hostel Reviews

Podmaniczky u 14, Budapest, Hungary

Security was so good, we could barely get in ourselves! This was the only hostel left when I booked last minute. I had low expectations going in and they we not exceeded. Really messy and dirty and rundown. There were piles (like meters high) of spare doonas in my room, just sitting on the couch! Also other items just left lying around, more so like someones messy house rather than a hostel. I wouldn't recommend it.

The hostel was dirty and disorganized. It had linen and other items stacked up randomly in the common areas. The kitchen was large with a great common area. The hostel was safe and in a great location.

AC working great! stuff is excellent and big kitchen is usable ;]

Great atmosphere, staff very friendly and the relaxed way of saying and doing things of Tim is really funny

Best hostel we stayed our entire trip! can just walk everywhere, good kitchen facilities, free movies to chill with others and watch. The staff do a great job thanks a lot!

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Awesome, we ended up staying annextra night, it's a little unorthodox but it's sick,there is AC should deff stay hear

Such a bad hostels. I don't often leave bad reviews (as you can see from my profile), but I had to leave one here. I have never felt less wanted at a hostel. Tim (the owner) went out of his way to make everyone as uncomfortable as possible. There is no atmosphere at this place. If you are in budapest to party; avoid at all costs! If you are in Budapest for a good nights sleep; there are definitely better places out there. Just don't stay here

Sexy tractor is an okay hostel. It was a little bit expensive for us because of the festival. There's no reception and the staff seemed a bit confused. We asked about how and when we should pay, and we were told that the owner would find us later. It was weird. The beds was fine and you have your own toilet and bath to each room. It's disappointed that towels cost extra, it should be free as most other hostels. But 3 out of 5 stars I would say.

Staff were extremely poor in their manners to guests. Yes, it is a hostel and a cheaper form of accomodation, but we are still paying guests and should not be spoken to in a disgraceful way. It was absolutely appalling... If you want people to recommend you, or feel that they should even pay for the accomodation that you offer which is of lower standard than a lot of hostels already... Then treat your guests better. They are on holidays, make it a memorable experience, not a ruined one.

I stayed 8 nights in the 16 bed dorm, which is split 10, 6. Owner really cares about the hostel and his guests and is laid back and flexible. Staff are travellers given a room for a few hours work each day and were great while I was there. Pub crawls (free) every night. Really social atmosphere great for lone travellers or small groups. Kitchen large, well-stocked. Wifi can't handle a full hostel but great otherwise. Cleaned daily. People use the TV room, which provides a quiet place to chill.

would stay here again - the owners very nice. some weird guy was always hanging around and kind of ruining the vibe especially when trying to drink and chill in the evening. would recommend

directions from the airport were excellent and easy to reach. when i arrived i was supposed to sit in a 8 bed room but he told me you'll sit in a 4 bed room and that how it works here which was rude but the room was okay.bathroom was clean in my 3 days i stayed .wifi worked very good and AC was okay and a big locker and the night pub crawls were nice where i met alot of friends

Had an awesome time staying at the sexy tractor. Great location and staff were very friendly and happy to help with things to do around the city and giving directions.

The Sexy Tractor Hostel was a great place with a very friendly staff! One week and I already felt at home, thank you so much for everything!

I've stayed in a lot of filthy hostels (S. America & Asia especially) and this would have to be one of the worst... Pros: location is ok (still a good 20-30 mins walk to centre),price Cons: very dirty room, dirtier bathrooms, uninterested/rude staff, 8 flights of stairs to walk up/down Surprising that the rating is good... Speaking with other travellers in the hostel they were surprised too! Seems like other hostels would be a lot better quality for a bit more money.

Location was great and the rooms were much more spacious than your typical hostel. The owner Tim was helpful and conducted pub crawls, gave travel tips, let us store our luggage, etc. Good community feeling and easy to meet other travelers.

The location was good and staff very friendly (Escpecially Tim!). Airconditioning was good because it can get quit hot in the summer. Tim also gave amazing advice on places where to go. Large kitchen and dining room, TV with all kinds of movies and series, possibility to smoke outside Nice pubcrawls (also free ones). Big locker. Overall very good hostel, had a great time here and would definitely recommand it.

The AC was perfection, the staff was super nice helpful and friendly. They FREE walking tours and FREE pub crawls. The atmosphere was nice and big. The stairs sucked. Overall, Sexy Tractor is a good hostel and I would recommend it for sure.

The place is alright, seems to attract the party crowd you'd expect. I happened to arrive when someone staying there was going in from the street but otherwise it would have been very confusing arriving to nothing but a locked door and empty courtyard through then window and having no idea where to go or who to talk to.

Staff very helpful, especially Tim but the flush on the toilet in room 6 needs fixing.

• 23rd Jul 2015