Sexy Tractor Hostel Reviews

Podmaniczky u 14, Budapest, Hungary

Location was great and the rooms were much more spacious than your typical hostel. The owner Tim was helpful and conducted pub crawls, gave travel tips, let us store our luggage, etc. Good community feeling and easy to meet other travelers.

The place is alright, seems to attract the party crowd you'd expect. I happened to arrive when someone staying there was going in from the street but otherwise it would have been very confusing arriving to nothing but a locked door and empty courtyard through then window and having no idea where to go or who to talk to.

Staff very helpful, especially Tim but the flush on the toilet in room 6 needs fixing.

• 23rd Jul 2015

This hostel was so incredible to stay at! The vibe of the place was awesome, everyone was there to experience all the aspects Budapest has to offer! We absolutely loved it! It was 35+ degrees when we stayed, but the rooms were kept at a prime temp due to the great aircon. The kitchen was great to use, and the dining table was a perfect spot to catch up with everyone for a drink before heading out on a pub crawl.

• 19th Jul 2015

The man who runs the place is super unorganized however is pretty chill about the whole place and the people. Be prepared to walk up four flights of stairs to get to the place

Clean sheets and AC. Could be a little cleaner but for the price can't complain

I had a great time staying at Sexy Tractor. The staff is really cool and fun to hang out with. Hot water runs out pretty quickly, our shower head was broken and there are exactly 100 steps from ground level to the hostel. Would recommend though! Atmosphere is amazing and the common room table has room for like 25 people.

Loved the sexy tractor! It's such a relaxed place and feels like a home. Tim the owner is really helpful, I ended up doubling the time I stayed there. Really good kitchen where you can cook a proper meal (unlike a lot of hostel kitchens). The hostel is also within walking distance of everything you need. Really good movies in the TV room too!

We arrived at 7am and were told we could leave our bags but had to leave the hostel and not return til 1pm in a brand new city with no guidance. The location was okay, but there were MANY stairs to reach the hostel. It wasn't particularly clean but was fine for a short stay. The beds were really comfy and the air con was pretty good. The staff were hard to find but were quite friendly. The lockers were big and the hostel provide a padlock if you don't have one. Overall it was average.

Sexy Tractor Hostel is so goooood! Great friendly atmosphere, bar crawls every night, massive common area which is amazing for drinking games and meeting people. The bedrooms are good - comfy beds and cool furnishings with massive lockers and clean sheets. Felt really safe there, we ended up staying 3 extra nights and will definitely go back!! Thanks Tim!!! (sorry for saying you were like the dad to our dysfunctional family hahaha)

Had a great time at the sexy tractor hostel! Not the most luxe place to stay but it's clean, nice staff, and a great place to meet new people! When I'm back in Budapest I'm coming back to this hostel :)

I already have been at worst places. But I paid much less.

Good location and good value for money! Could be a bit cleaner and security tighter, but I wasn't really bothered at the time!!

I stayed at this hostel and it's partner hostel (Tiger Tims). Both were fantastic, if I had to chose between I would for Tiger Tims but honestly you can't go wrong with either.

Not very welcoming by the staff. Not a lot of organized events with the hostel. The hostel seemed pretty run down with just basic ammenites. Just the basic bed, bathroom, wifi, kitchen. Very just OK hostel experience.

• 9th Jul 2015

Had a awesome time here. Booked 3 nights. Stayed 7. Amazing location. Great atmosphere. Helpful staff. Always stuff happening every evening. I heard this place is closing down in a few months so make sure you come here before it's too late.

seriously awesome. tiger tim the owner is a legend. they ahve absolutely everything u could need and the communal area is one GIANT table perfect for getting to know everyone. u can fit 50+ people in on one drinking game every night

Fantastic atmosphere!

Wifi connection was good for a change. Everyone was really nice and chatty, kitchen facilities were great! Good location easy enough to get around and walk to everything. Had aircon in the rooms which was a life saver. Would recommend

Hostel is in a very good location close to the Jewish quarter. Be warned that there is no elevator and hostel is on the top floor of the building! Families are pretty average (glad the toilet seat got fixed while we were there!) but if you literally just want a place to rest your head, then the hostel is sufficient and good value for money. Kitchen is good, wifi is strong and the best thing is the party atmosphere. Very grateful for the air conditioning in the humid heat!